PDA

View Full Version : Archer Build?!

Fusker
04-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey so im kinda new to the game im a level 13 archer with 3 str 64 dex and 10 int. my skills are maxed focus max blast shot, 1 in avian scream, 1 in thorn root. What stats should i keep stacking and what skills thanks!

Noname
04-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Well. As many have said before, it's better to max out skills then have a spread out skill points. As for your stats. Dex. Is important, but just because bows use higher dex. Doesn't mean you should forget about all the other things. Stat spread a little, but remember, you are an archer.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 11:07 PM
rubbish. Ignore noname completely. Not all skills need to be maxed, and dex is the best stat for a ranged archer.

Do not stat spread. Adding str does very little. 2 str = 1 hp. 10 str = 5 hp. wow 10 int = 5mana. Wow again. Plus 5 points into meditation regens 70 mana per use, you'll never run into mana problems.

But if you add 10 dex, your crit rate *should* go up by 1-2 points, your damage will go up, and if you add enough, your evade goes up.

For skills, you're doing fine. maxed focus, max blast shot, avian scream and thorn root should be left at 1, since adding to them does only increases damage which is quite insignificant.
I recommend meditation. My archer has meditation at lvl 5, and frankly rarely uses mana pots. Infact, he is running around with 500 mana potions simply because he never uses them.

Break armour seems to be bugged, do not get it.
Restore is quite useless, but if you spam it alot, you can reduce on potion usage. But dont expect it to save you during a boss fight. it is not strong enough.
Evade is good, but you should not be getting hit in the first place. Helpful when facing opponents like bosses, or multiple ranged monsters. Other wise you shouldnt be getting hit.

have not used the other skills, so I cannot comment on them.

luckyluke
04-20-2010, 11:38 PM
rubbish. Ignore noname completely. Not all skills need to be maxed, and dex is the best stat for a ranged archer.

Who died and left this Moron in-charge!?!

Splurd
04-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Who died and left this Moron in-charge!?!

Then refute my points, prove me wrong. I welcome points of view backed by valid reasoning.

luckyluke
04-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Then refute my points, prove me wrong. I welcome points of view backed by valid reasoning.

I pee-pee on your points.

Splurd
04-21-2010, 12:27 AM

Gosh, I'm amazed you can do that, considering the size of your instrument is so small.

Fusker
04-21-2010, 02:22 AM
I appreciate the help Splurd what server are you on maybe ill add you?

Noname
04-21-2010, 07:25 AM
I understand and agree that dex is very important for an archer... But you still will benifit from increasing other skills.

Dakuan
04-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Dex seems to increase Crits at about 6~7 Dex per Crit. Not sure about the Dodge rate. So just pump enough Dex to equip your items and then decide your remaining points on your playing style or needs. I think they all increase your damage output at the same rate due to a recent update, but I could be wrong about that.

Fusker
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
ive got my str up to 10 now and my int at 10 and think im gonna stack dex for a while then maybe throw some more in str later

Splurd
04-22-2010, 12:57 AM
ive got my str up to 10 now and my int at 10 and think im gonna stack dex for a while then maybe throw some more in str later

Firstly, I dont recommend that. Like I said, 2 str = 1 hp, so 10 str = 5hp. Not a great bonus.

Secondly, if you add int, might as well add till you reach 1m/s. This will greatly boost your mana capabilities. But having 5 points of meditation is better.

Pixxie
04-22-2010, 03:22 AM

I pee-pee on your pee-pee. Take that!

I got your back Splurd.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 03:37 AM
I pee-pee on your pee-pee. Take that!

I got your back Splurd.

o_O
I uhhh... hope you wash you hands.

King Richie
04-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Be nice !!

Noname
04-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Wow guys... Major trolling...

It's all a matter of opinion.. Different people divide there points differently.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow guys... Major trolling...

It's all a matter of opinion.. Different people divide there points differently.

*their.

:cool:

Noname
04-22-2010, 07:09 PM
*their.

:cool:

I lol'd. Tank yuh Mr. Splurd. (:

Fusker
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I see alot of archers my level 21 walking around with wicked gear where are they finding all this? all the good gear i find is for level 30

Splurd
04-24-2010, 03:45 AM
I see alot of archers my level 21 walking around with wicked gear where are they finding all this? all the good gear i find is for level 30

depends on what map you train in. So hunting in LE will give you lvl 30 items but hunting in like, FC will give you lvl 25's items

iOrion
04-24-2010, 05:51 PM
can someone who tested it tell me the opinions about thorn root and wall?

i just respecced, and going with a build:

5focus, 5blast shoot, 5break armor, 5 repulse shoot, and i have got 9 point and dont know where to spend. I would like to max either thorn root or thorn wall and put the remaining 4 pont to meditation I think.

Any comments?

Banned
04-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Ouch. Break armor is pretty useless. Should have put those points into meditation.

iOrion
04-24-2010, 06:55 PM
break armor is everyting but not useless. :) -armor on mob means more dmg for you and all archers and warriors.

why do you think it is useless?

Noname
04-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't believe useless is the right word. I just think that there are better places to spend your points.

iOrion
04-24-2010, 07:08 PM
name one that increases your dmg:)

Eltivo
04-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Break armor is actually a very desirable skill (and benefits the whole party) with the archers lacking tree and is well worth the 5 points. Repulse shot, root, and thorn wall are really only useful if you plan to do mostly solo runs. All three of these skills enhance your kiting ability, which really only effects you if you don't have some form of a tank holding onto the mobs.

iOrion
04-24-2010, 07:11 PM
i dont know that thorn root or wall should be max, as it is saying that each point of thorn root adds dmg, but for thorn wall it adds "area". Opinions about it? Suggestions?

xfer
04-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Pretty much want to know this answer myself. I've only maxed out focus, break armor, and blast shot. Spoilt for choice as to what else to max out.

Thorn wall and root seems pretty similiar, with root dealing damage, i would thought its better than Thorn wall? But if wall is a high lvl skill, i doubt it'll be inferior, there must be some use for it which we havent discovered?

Splurd
04-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Thorn wall sucks.
High mp cost
Long cool down
No damage (then again thorn root is not exactly very damaging)

iOrion
04-25-2010, 03:18 AM
what build you are going with splurd?

Splurd
04-25-2010, 03:54 AM
nothing fixed, I'm respecing alot as I test out different skills.
But most likely my final build will be

5 focus
5 blast shot
1 avian scream
1 thorn root
5 meditation
5 Evade
5 break armour
2 repulse shot.

iOrion
04-25-2010, 04:02 AM
thank you.

xfer
04-25-2010, 04:27 AM
I would second that.

5 focus
5 blast shot
5 meditation
5 Evade
5 break armour

Those skills are worth maxing out.

Leviticus
04-25-2010, 09:42 AM

Do not stat spread. Adding str does very little. 2 str = 1 hp. 10 str = 5 hp. wow 10 int = 5mana. Wow again. Plus 5 points into meditation regens 70 mana per use, you'll never run into mana problems.

But if you add 10 dex, your crit rate *should* go up by 1-2 points, your damage will go up, and if you add enough, your evade goes up.

For skills, you're doing fine. maxed focus, max blast shot, avian scream and thorn root should be left at 1, since adding to them does only increases damage which is quite insignificant.
I recommend meditation. My archer has meditation at lvl 5, and frankly rarely uses mana pots. Infact, he is running around with 500 mana potions simply because he never uses them.

Break armour seems to be bugged, do not get it.
Restore is quite useless, but if you spam it alot, you can reduce on potion usage. But dont expect it to save you during a boss fight. it is not strong enough.
Evade is good, but you should not be getting hit in the first place. Helpful when facing opponents like bosses, or multiple ranged monsters. Other wise you shouldnt be getting hit.

have not used the other skills, so I cannot comment on them.

glad you see things my way, buddy :)