PDA

View Full Version : New gear with "dodge" stats

trueido
02-17-2023, 12:43 PM
Can anyone explain why does new rogue gears contain "dodge" stat when every single rogue at level 81 has x2-3 times the dodge capacity?

From what I know max dodge chance is 70%, every single rogue has above that and we still keep on getting new gears with dodge chance that isn't changing anything.

Zaarus items = got dodge
Kraken Gears (recent example- kraken amulet) = got dodge
and even some of the brand new dex bracelets have dodge in it

in the spirit daggers case for example they made that when the proc is active you get 100%- dodge, but the thing is we all still have 80%+ dodge after it is lowered lol

am I missing something or does it really make no sense

Cinco
02-17-2023, 04:07 PM
Some items do have +Dodge, but the biggest contribution is coming from increases to DEX - which feeds in to secondary stats (including Dodge).

The 81 DEX bracelet doesn't explicitly have +Dodge but since it gives you +75 DEX it's going to boost Dodge.

Staaarlord
02-17-2023, 06:19 PM
Some items do have +Dodge, but the biggest contribution is coming from increases to DEX - which feeds in to secondary stats (including Dodge).

The 81 DEX bracelet doesn't explicitly have +Dodge but since it gives you +75 DEX it's going to boost Dodge.that is his point, dex is giving so much dodge we dont need more dodge included in gear stats so i guess he is asking why dont we get something else instead of dodge%

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Cinco
02-17-2023, 06:30 PM
that is his point, dex is giving so much dodge we dont need more dodge included in gear stats so i guess he is asking why dont we get something else instead of dodge%

That’s not at all what I read - but okay :-)

Currently the stat formula doesn’t choose a different secondary stat if the primary stat is maxed from gear contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staaarlord
02-17-2023, 07:51 PM
That’s not at all what I read - but okay :-)

Currently the stat formula doesn’t choose a different secondary stat if the primary stat is maxed from gear contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNono, not that, for example zaar helm gives 70dex (making up numbers), 40int, 3k armor AND +4.7% dodge, whats the point of adding dodge to it when it alrdy has dex (dex gives dodge itself, together it would be like 10%dodge)
Point being, dodge is added twice (indirectly by dex and directly by pure number written on the item) on most rogue items, so why do u add the direct part if dex is alrdy covering us (the 70% cap)

Cinco
02-17-2023, 07:58 PM
Nono, not that, for example zaar helm gives 70dex (making up numbers), 40int, 3k armor AND +4.7% dodge, whats the point of adding dodge to it when it alrdy has dex (dex gives dodge itself, together it would be like 10%dodge)
Point being, dodge is added twice (indirectly by dex and directly by pure number written on the item) on most rogue items, so why do u add the direct part if dex is alrdy covering us (the 70% cap)

The answer is: Not everybody has the same gears.

What I take from this is statement though is: don’t add dodge to DEX stuff.

Sounds cool. That said, I’m not gonna strip it from old items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staaarlord
02-17-2023, 08:04 PM
The answer is: Not everybody has the same gears.

What I take from this is statement though is: don’t add dodge to DEX stuff.

Sounds cool. That said, I’m not gonna strip it from old items.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYes, thats it, im not rly bothered with the dodge, was just trying to help^^