PDA

View Full Version : AO2 Lvl 3 - New Mobs - Not Just Mummies!!!

Spiritualist
09-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Did I miss the announcement of this but AO2 lvl 3 has now appears to have other mobs at the beginning of the levels. There aren't just mummies any more! Does this mean the end of power leveling?

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Yes, it's in the announcement. But I'm sure folks will find a new way to powerlevel. :cool:

Cascade
09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes you missed the anouncement....And yes this (hopefully) is the end of power leveling

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6789-1.4-Content-Update-(50088)&p=67756&viewfull=1#post67756

Spiritualist
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh yeah, I always knew of it as "level 3". Hehe.

...so much for me getting a new lvl 45 character born in a day. ;)

Furrawn
09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I just played through level 3... It's great! Packed w Djinns! And some of the harder-to-kill turban enemies are interspersed within the mummy mobs as well.

Thank you, devs. Thank you.

Snakespeare
09-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Nobody is Mynas Tombs now, everyone is trying out the new content... Wyndee has stormy eyes... ;) Go Frozen Nightmares! I love this.

Furrawn
09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Nobody is Mynas Tombs now, everyone is trying out the new content... Wyndee has stormy eyes... ;) Go Frozen Nightmares! I love this.

I bought the new Lost dungeon campaign already. Am sitting on my hands trying to resist playing it. Hubby wants me To wait til he's home... It's killing me to wait!

Yay for Lost!!! And dev who grant forum wishes like magical djinn:D
It's good to have renewed faith and trust in the future vision of PL!!!

bmc85uk
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
It's not the end of power levelling, but it is the end to the tedious mynas tombs and the ridiculous jump they provided in gameplay, I'm literally overjoyed to see that it's finally changed.

I'm more than happy to hop in to earlier campaigns to help power level friends and even strangers, now the game just feels a lot nicer :cool:

jonboy
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Yea it is good, thanks for the effort you but into your posts in relation to this BMC.

Spiritualist
09-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Yeah, it's interesting the chance. I certainly noticed a lot less AO2.3 areas in play yesterday. I wonder if the power levelers will still persist with that level, or whether they will find a new AO area to bombard.

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I found this morning that a group of four, levels 38 through 41, had only normal difficulty running through AO2:3. One player died once before we got to the point where there are 30 left. After that point it has not been tweaked. It took a bit more than the duration of a hardcore playa potion, but that just means that the power leveling requires you to drink that potion twice.

You can still power level there, it just takes twice as long and costs twice as much.

In my opinion, the tweak is perfectly executed. The map has been fixed. People can still power level, it just costs more.

Edit: I just found the new power levelers. They are running through the sandstone halls. You get 75 kills but you have to fight one lesser djinni. Ifi you go in no other room, you cen still do it in under 5 minutes. So 75 x 4 = 300, which is only 60 xp fewer than running through the Tombs of Mynas. A net reduction of 16.6%.

Or put another way, it now takes 6 runs through Sandstone Halls to equal the effect of 5 former runs through the old Mynas Tombs. Expect to see lots of sandstone halls in the coming days, unless they drop a few D'Jinn bandits and hallway djinnis in there now.

Eviiedwin
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
On my lvl 34 archer AO1 seems to be better xp anyway. AO2 lvl3 was nice for quick lvling, but it wasn't as great as people made it out to be and was extremely boring.