PDA

View Full Version : How To Revive PvP ( Only Suggestion )

Snaptubepro
02-20-2023, 09:15 PM
After i've seen so many og/old player complaining, either in forum nor in game i decided to post this thread. Im not an og or old player but i know those players who's been playing AL since its BETA. ( Judging by their KDA of course ). I hope og player dont quit this game just because PvP is dead or the mechanism isnt well-balanced. There's kind of much things to do in Al like doing 1,000 Rahabkor runs. So, please stay dear og.

First of all, English is not my main language so be a kind understanding human hehe. Thank you!

So, as a PvP player whos play Dota, LoL and Mobile Legends i have some suggestion to make PvP in AL better without changing the og PvP Maps.

1.Add Bush.
Previously, idk what year, i posted a thread to add bush in PvP map. Bush keeps yourself hidden as long as you're inside it. Which mean this can give advantage to those who play using strategies instead of egoism. Other than that, player's team can set up an ambush or get ambushed by opponent team!

2.Objective.
Rather than who gets the most kills win, why not change to another winning condition? I believe PvP which give you chance only to kill or get killed is kind of boring.

3.Skills Revamp.
What i love about AL devs is that they listen to us and sometimes only leaving us seen. Im 100% with devs for this upcoming revamp.
But, i do have a suggestion toward skill revamp.

Generally, every class needs to have four type of skill which is Aoe,Control, Dash and Heal.

AOE ( Area Of Effect ) = Either a buff or debuff. Example, buff team with move,dmg or dmg reduction. Debuff enemies hit, dodge and damage.
Control ( Stun, Fear, Panic ) = Every class need to have one control skill. This type of skill is the most game-changing skill in every PvP game. As for now, warrior have axe and hammer which can stun. Mage have lightning, fireball and gale wind. And rogue doesnt have stun skill, rather more to debuff.
Dash = I believe all classes have dash skill. Warrior, hammer. Mage, gale wind(upgrade). Rogue, shadow peircer. But what makes PvP more interesting with dash skills is "if we can aim at which direction we desire". So, an arrow skill will change everything. Well, i hate when my hyperos proc activated and it hit minion.
Heal = Heal can comes in two types which is a direct heal( Heal massive amount of HP/ HP+MANA) and a remove debuff+heal. All classes already have this skill so theres a little problem i believe.

4.What made PvP in AL had to revamp? ( Either the mechanism nor maps )
I believe the main reason of PvP is unbalanced is because of the Arcane, Mythic weapon which is extremely game changer. This op items will always need a buff and nerf in order to balance the game. Well that what other devs did to their game. Buff and Nerf. I dont have any solution to this and i believe AL devs knows more. Thats why PvP is active since 2013 until now.

Thats all until now, i wish to see more players play PvP right now because its fun. All is just a suggestions. And if disagree, you can point out your disagreement like a well mannered human. Thank you.

asommers
02-21-2023, 12:00 PM
Bushes are on the list, but they're low priority because PvP is a low priority.

We have released many PvP game variations (CTF, Guild Battlegrounds, Last Legend Standing, Domination, etc.), but looking at the data, players don't really play them. If we were to release all of them simultaneously, the players would be in mostly empty matches as player preferences vary. We also have time zone issues where there may be enough people to play various PvP matches, but they can't sync up time-wise.

Skills revamp is necessary for growth and PvE, so PvP will benefit from this.

We've talked internally at length about how to fix PvP, but unfortunately, players have invested in their gear, so either:
* we make PvP modes which differ from the actual play styles of players putting everyone on a level playing field, but the PvP game would play nothing like PvE (PvP skills, PvP gear, no levels, etc.)
* we try to have two modes for skills/weapons and do different things in PvE vs PvP (which is what we have now, but it requires buffs/nerfs as different combinations are discovered)

Unfortunately, PvP doesn't drive revenue (and we obviously need to pay the bills), so there isn't a big reason to focus on it.

-ALS

Advocacies
02-21-2023, 12:05 PM

We have released many PvP game variations (CTF, Guild Battlegrounds, Last Legend Standing, Domination, etc.), but looking at the data, players don't really play them. If we were to release all of them simultaneously, the players would be in mostly empty matches as player preferences vary. We also have time zone issues where there may be enough people to play various PvP matches, but they can't sync up time-wise.

We've talked internally at length about how to fix PvP, but unfortunately, players have invested in their gear, so either:
* we make PvP modes which differ from the actual play styles of players putting everyone on a level playing field, but the PvP game would play nothing like PvE (PvP skills, PvP gear, no levels, etc.)
* we try to have two modes for skills/weapons and do different things in PvE vs PvP (which is what we have now, but it requires buffs/nerfs as different combinations are discovered)

Unfortunately, PvP doesn't drive revenue (and we obviously need to pay the bills), so there isn't a big reason to focus on it.

-ALS

Players don't play pvp couz awakes ruined the fun for everyone and if you say honor please don't couz honor is literally just rog vs rog other classes don't get the fun like they used to back then pet combo gear stats advantage like 5-7 base stats (not crazy awakes 10%primary)

The honor in a nutshell

Rog vs rog only

Observing
02-21-2023, 10:46 PM
At this point all we can do is keep bringing it up, a pvp mode with no awakes, we can use any gear. I think it would make people play more, especially at lower levels.

Advocacies
02-21-2023, 11:24 PM
At this point all we can do is keep bringing it up, a pvp mode with no awakes, we can use any gear. I think it would make people play more, especially at lower levels.

Natural choice of gear + natural choice of pet without this crazy 10% primary stats or 400 armor awakes is way more fun and enjoyable than boring honor with basic pets and gear rogs gets all fun / Normal pvp rn with 10%all stats 400 armor p2w play not enjoyable

Honor pvp in a nutshell

Snaptubepro
02-22-2023, 12:56 AM

-ALS

What a wonderful news. Im looking forward to the revamp. But, after the revamp which stated, we will have 8 new/revamped skill in pvp and 8 PvE skill which we have now. I wish it applied in PvP maps, Honor and Last Legend Standing.

I wish yall devs can bring back Last Legend Standing. And of course, with a winning reward. Last two year i guess, winning the LLS give u nothing. This is one of the reason why we,player dont play it. Reason no 2, Skill. Warrior can pull you outside the safe zone and skills werent balanced. So, i guess with the upcoming revamp skill which i trust Yall,bringing back LLS is a good choice i bet. At least we can try again.

And whatever i stated above, i believe devs knows more than i'll ever be cuz im just a player. Salute for making many new changes in Arcane Legends!!

devilMors
02-22-2023, 09:58 AM

-ALS

Just because it does not drive revenue right now does not mean it will never drive revenue.

PvP is a part of this game and should require equal attention just like other aspects of the game.

There were once lots of players playing PvP at different levels and times and I am sure STS was driving revenue from them.

Rather than giving up on PvP, let us work together how to revive it. Surely, it will drive revenue in time.

Here is an idea I believe it has a potential: Monthly PvP Items

- There will be items which can be purchased with platinum but can only be used for a month. After that, player will have to buy that item or those items if s/he want to have them again.

- It will be an honor mode pvp so players who are not willing to purchase those monthly items will be able to play with normal honor gear which can be bought with gold.

- There will be not huge stat difference between monthly items and normal honor items. For instance, 20-25% higher stats favoring monthly items.

- There will be monthly pets (not common pets like Guapo but epic pets like Vixen or Koko) can be purchased with platinum.

- There will be Guild Honor Ranking. A guild officer will decide the type of the match (3v3, 4v4 etc.) and select the team mates for his/her team. After selection, officer will queue for a match and once other guild offcier does the same, the match will begin. A guild will be able to play different matches at the same time as long as officers form up a team and queue.

Sincerely,

Tekila
02-23-2023, 01:51 PM

-ALS

I’m okey that you priorize something else Than pvp right now because there are many to focus on but think twice about it when you say that it doesn’t bring revenue.
More player is more money at least from player who invest money.
Pvp is attractive if well designed, it could bring you more players and more plat buyers

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

worldwide309
02-23-2023, 04:29 PM
Pvp will never be fixed so just give up

capeo
02-24-2023, 04:14 PM
Back when pvp was active pvp gear was the most expensive and hardest to get in the game. I think it's a chicken or egg situation. No one is in pvp so it doesn't drive revenue. If more people could compete and wanted to pvp it would drive revenue. Now it's speed and gold loot awakes when it used to be primary stats and armor where the most expensive.

Like someone else said though the game moved on from pvp so it doesn't matter but it could drive revenue because it did in the past.

ninjahere
02-25-2023, 07:05 AM
A new pvp map where awaken dont have effect and all problems are solved

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Thaze
03-01-2023, 11:07 AM
I disagree that awakes killed pvp. If pvp died because of a pay to win system, pve and the game as a whole would have died too. The game is free to play, so of course it is going to be pay to win. Awakes only ruined low level pvp because no scaling system was introduced from the start. Low level gear should never have been allowed to roll armor and primary stat awakes as high as the awakes you can get at endgame. It resulted in low level characters being nearly unkillable.
If a pvp zone is properly balanced, awakes allow you to craft your class into what you want it to be. A good example of this is the 61-63 zone. At these levels, every class is viable and able to either survive longer OR get quick kills depending on their focus on either armor or primary % stat awakes. This would also be the case at endgame if it werent for all the luck based, ridiculously overpowered, pve-designed procs; which i believe are the actual reason for pvp's decline over the past few expansions.
These procs killed the competitive nature of pvp and should be removed from pvp on all gear post-level 66. The stat increase and additional awake slot(s) on arcane items are enough of an incentive for people to use them in pvp. Without these over-the-top, luck to win, heavily game determining procs, people will feel as if their playstyle, experience, and team synchronization actually matter. Just like they do in the balanced twink levels, and just like they did prior to the lvl 71 expansion.
A secondary problem is the pet power creep. Pet passives and arcane abilities are becoming so strong they are beginning to make even the few remaining balanced pvp zones feel as awful as endgame pvp. Instead of proc-to-win it is becoming have-aa or lose. The room for outplay potential in a situation where you do not have your aa ready and the other person does, is quickly diminishing with new pets being released over time. BUT AT LEAST pressing your pet's aa requires timing unlike the endgame procs. I do not want the focus of this message to be on pets. This is a battle for another day.
It seems like the forums are a cesspool of toxicity and bad ideas that I am not surprised STS has trouble sorting through. I hope this makes it through. Maybe it's already years too late. Maybe too many pvp lovers have already been driven away from the game for it to recover. But it's worth a shot.
I would certainly move to endgame pvp and actively participate if this proc removal change was implemented. But until then, I will remain irregularly active at my balanced twink zone where it's the closest it can get to satisfying, meaningful pvp.

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes. Procs should be removed from pvp post-level 66.)

Dopein
03-01-2023, 11:13 AM
I disagree that awakes killed pvp. If pvp died because of a pay to win system, pve and the game as a whole would have died too. The game is free to play, so of course it is going to be pay to win. Awakes only ruined low level pvp because no scaling system was introduced from the start. Low level gear should never have been allowed to roll armor and primary stat awakes as high as the awakes you can get at endgame. It resulted in low level characters being nearly unkillable.
If a pvp zone is properly balanced, awakes allow you to craft your class into what you want it to be. A good example of this is the 61-63 zone. At these levels, every class is viable and able to either survive longer OR get quick kills depending on their focus on either armor or primary % stat awakes. This would also be the case at endgame if it werent for all the luck based, ridiculously overpowered, pve-designed procs; which i believe are the actual reason for pvp's decline over the past few expansions.
These procs killed the competitive nature of pvp and should be removed. The stat increase and additional awake slot(s) on arcane items are enough of an incentive for people to use them in pvp. Without these over-the-top, luck to win, heavily game determining procs, people will feel as if their playstyle, experience, and team synchronization actually matter. Just like they do in the balanced twink levels, and just like they did prior to the lvl 71 expansion.
A secondary problem is the pet power creep. Pet passives and arcane abilities are becoming so strong they are beginning to make even the few remaining balanced pvp zones feel as awful as endgame pvp. Instead of proc-to-win it is becoming have-aa or lose. The room for outplay potential in a situation where you do not have your aa ready and the other person does, is quickly diminishing with new pets being released over time. BUT AT LEAST pressing your pet's aa requires timing unlike the endgame procs. I do not want the focus of this message to be on pets. This is a battle for another day.
It seems like the forums are a cesspool of toxicity and bad ideas that I am not surprised STS has trouble sorting through. I hope this makes it through. Maybe it's already years too late. Maybe too many pvp lovers have already been driven away from the game for it to recover. But it's worth a shot.
I would certainly move to endgame pvp and actively participate if this proc removal change was implemented. But until then, I will remain irregularly active at my balanced twink zone where it's the closest it can get to satisfying, meaningful pvp.

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes.)

Big fax right here.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Cosuu
03-01-2023, 11:23 AM
These procs killed the competitive nature of pvp and should be removed. The stat increase and additional awake slot(s) on arcane items are enough of an incentive for people to use them in pvp. Without these over-the-top, luck to win, heavily game determining procs, people will feel as if their playstyle, experience, and team synchronization actually matter. Just like they do in the balanced twink levels, and just like they did prior to the lvl 71 expansion.

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes.)Wise mind
+1

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A202F folosind Tapatalk

Polosam
03-01-2023, 11:43 AM
These procs killed the competitive nature of pvp and should be removed from pvp on all gear post-level 66. The stat increase and additional awake slot(s) on arcane items are enough of an incentive for people to use them in pvp. Without these over-the-top, luck to win, heavily game determining procs, people will feel as if their playstyle, experience, and team synchronization actually matter. Just like they do in the balanced twink levels, and just like they did prior to the lvl 71 expansion.

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes. Procs should be removed from pvp post-level 66.)Spot on

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Bigpiceps123
03-01-2023, 01:00 PM

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes. Procs should be removed from pvp post-level 66.)Tbh endgame is the only bracket that could be competitive and active since Gears are Always available and hundreds of people keep opening lockeds and awaken their Gears each awa Event.

Twink brackets are losing their attraction because each year we got less Para Gears, because people keep getting banned for doing stupid Things or simply Quitting the game and most people are too lazy to Invest into a Set. Everyone wants to do twink pvp but Nobody wants to Invest into a set or time to make a bracket active again...

48 and 62 are nice brackets to Play where Para Gears Dont Matter anymore but those brackets are only for pvp, at 81 or endgame in general you can atleast also do Event with your set and its much easier to get a group also which sometimes also pulls some pve players that are trying out normal pvp. Honor pvp is cool but its just not as much fun without a ss or a decent Arcane ability such as nekro, meph, glow etc.

I play on literally every twink bracket except everything under lvl 10, i also had maxed Sets For each class at 81 so i could somehow say that i know what im talking about.

Procs were a Problem since 71, 76 was playable with the dozer procs but 81 is too much proc depending. You cant Spawnkill For example because when your procs are on cd you're literally useless. If you actually wanna get any Advantage over the enemie team then dont Go Back to reset your aa's or abilities, reset your proc cd. Cause without the proc you're literally a lost case. The claws work like a Stronger meph with the Armor which literally makes you unkillable. A full int mage can Team wipe with a charged Auto Attack because of the gun, as a war you can literally walk the whole enemie team around through half the map with the aegis proc. It almost feels like playing a different Game at this point.

Sts should overwork the procs in pvp in general, maybe even Cut Out some Features, Nerf the stacking damage reduction, the gun shouldnt one Shot people with a simple charged Auto Attack, mages Arent rogs, lower the time where the aegis pulls people Close to you even tho i have to say Walking the whole enemie team around is fun but way too stupid xD

But whatever, this is just my opinion and my experience that I've made

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

Thaze
03-01-2023, 01:36 PM
Sts should overwork the procs in pvp in general, maybe even Cut Out some Features, Nerf the stacking damage reduction, the gun shouldnt one Shot people with a simple charged Auto Attack, mages Arent rogs, lower the time where the aegis pulls people Close to you even tho i have to say Walking the whole enemie team around is fun but way too stupid xD

There really shouldn't be any sort of luck based procs in pvp. Cutting or nerfing certain features takes too much work to balance and likely won't be perfect. Procs need to be completely disabled in pvp on gear higher than level 66. The additional stats and awake slots are enough of an incentive for pvp players to buy and awake the most current items.

capeo
03-01-2023, 04:52 PM

-ALS

A lot of good suggestions but his is why I started playing different games.

Thaze
03-01-2023, 05:32 PM
PvP (Player vs Player) should not include Kill/Death stats. Present -> Ratio instead.

With respect, these are exactly the kind of suggestions i was referencing in my original post. Kill/Death stats are what give pvp a sense of progression and reward. Without it, people would have far less incentive to play.

Killerjam
03-01-2023, 05:45 PM
The Objective.. im cool with how Spacetime Studios has developed the game. im just chatting and inpiring/possibly.
Not all my friends in Arlor want to participate in PvP.
The kills and deaths to my friend stats in PvP is sad.
Quest -> Kill/Death stat is realistic enough for a vr.
PvP (Player vs Player) should not include Kill/Death stats. Present -> Ratio instead.
Guild Battles: I guess keep the Kill/Deaths in stats, being that it is war.
#extra : Separate Player versus Player stats from PvP Guild Battle stats.

--->> Changing the stats to 'Ratio' for PvP (Player Vs Player)

well i can speak more on this subject for years but my electronic battery is low..... see you soon...

''2.Objective.Rather than who gets the most kills win, why not change to another winning condition? I believe PvP which give you chance only to kill or get killed is kind of boring.''

How exactly is a ratio going to revive pvp… please enlighten us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilMors
03-02-2023, 06:04 AM

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes. Procs should be removed from pvp post-level 66.)

If procs killed pvp, why 61-63 zone is also dead where procs play not much of a role?

In my opinion, what killed pvp is that there is no meaning to play it. Players have no purpose while playing pvp so eventually more pvp players left playing it. I have been talking some pve players and trying to understand their mindset why they play pve. They play it because they want to be at the top so they compete to be there. What pvp needs is a competition, a purpose and official awareness to pursue this.

Honor mode is a good example what happens when there is a competition. When the end of a season is close, it becomes active because players want to be at the top. So, what we need is a competition that would last the whole season not only for a short period of time.

Bigpiceps123
03-02-2023, 06:16 AM
If procs killed pvp, why 61-63 zone is also dead where procs play not much of a role?

In my opinion, what killed pvp is that there is no meaning to play it. Players have no purpose while playing pvp so eventually more pvp players left playing it. I have been talking some pve players and trying to understand their mindset why they play pve. They play it because they want to be at the top so they compete to be there. What pvp needs is a competition, a purpose and official awareness to pursue this.

Honor mode is a good example what happens when there is a competition. When the end of a season is close, it becomes active because players want to be at the top. So, what we need is a competition that would last the whole season not only for a short period of time.62 has enough competition and as a Newcomer you'll have a hard time against all the Og 62 players. 62 isnt active atm, because some people are just too busy with their irl or lost the interest at this game. Other people say 62 is too expensive. Honor is also not active atm even tho there is always competition

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

Thaze
03-02-2023, 07:00 AM

61-63 is inactive because it's not endgame with 99% of the playerbase... The fact that there are any competitive pvp players at 61-63 AT ALL is proof of how awful endgame pvp is. Even more competitive players are spread amongst other levels. People would have no desire to find other pvp zones if it wasn't awful.

Thaze
03-02-2023, 07:03 AM
I have no secret agenda. I am more than willing to toss out the gear i have spent years collecting and perfecting at a different level for meaningful pvp at endgame.
It feels like we have to fight a war to get such an easy to see downfall corrected. It's saddening and disappointing. Endgame pvp does not feel good. Endgame pvp is not meaningful with these procs in place. The current system has been tried and tested. The result has been unfulfilling pvp and ever-declining activity since 71. Give endgame pvp its meaning back. Let playstyle and team synchronization return as the most determining factors over proc uptime and luck.
If you guys and gals are afraid to make this change in fear of upsetting the small few people left playing endgame pvp, let me know. I can stop wasting my energy on a lost cause.

Continents
03-02-2023, 08:59 AM

Honor mode is a good example what happens when there is a competition. When the end of a season is close, it becomes active because players want to be at the top. So, what we need is a competition that would last the whole season not only for a short period of time.

61-63 is dead because there are tons of players who got banned with OP gear. Also pets like (Heroic) Poksau and Morpheus kinda ruined pvp with their passive ability.

Thaze
03-02-2023, 09:25 AM
Again, with respect, the people making these complicated overhaul suggestions are not the people who play or are going to be playing pvp. They want pvp to be something completely different than it is. They are better off partaking in a game that already suits what they are looking for. Minor changes are what we need. There is a playerbase that loves pvp for what it has been for the last decade. They just need a unified zone that actually feels good to play in and rewards playstyle and team synchronization over proc uptime and luck. Endgame pvp with procs disabled IS that zone. The lower levels are unsustainable. It is the only zone that can possibly be given a chance to regrow and drive revenue from pvp in the future.

Cosuu
03-02-2023, 10:18 AM
Again, with respect, the people making these extremely complicated overhaul suggestions are not the people who play or are going to be playing pvp. They want pvp to be something completely different than it is. They are better off partaking in a game that already suits what they are looking for. Minor changes are what we need. There is a playerbase that loves pvp for what it has been for the last decade. They just need a unified zone that actually feels good to play in and rewards playstyle and team sync over luck. Endgame pvp with procs disabled IS that zone. The lower levels are unsustainable. It is the only zone that can possibly be given a chance to regrow and drive revenue from pvp in the future.Just disable the procs at endgame pvp and the problem is solved
As simple as that.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A202F folosind Tapatalk

Igotu12
03-02-2023, 05:36 PM
As I’ve said before, procs are indeed out of control at this point. You don’t even need to awaken gear for pvp at end game because the procs are crazy strong and just destroy everything (which makes awakes useless) . It’s not even luck based when you’re guaranteed to proc, best thing to do is take procs out of pvp. If you’re a pve player you shouldn’t complain here cuz this has nothing to do with you

Polosam
03-02-2023, 06:08 PM
As I’ve said before, procs are indeed out of control at this point. You don’t even need to awaken gear for pvp at end game because the procs are crazy strong and just destroy everything (which makes awakes useless) . It’s not even luck based when you’re guaranteed to proc, best thing to do is take procs out of pvp. If you’re a pve player you shouldn’t complain here cuz this has nothing to do with youThat's so true. Seeing rooms be over within 2 minutes just because when someone respawns, all their procs are up and can literally 1v2 or 1v3 just by walking next to them. Basically eliminating the skill gap that should exist, which makes pvp boring and allows the same pattern every time. Spawn, proc, kill, die, repeat

capeo
03-02-2023, 06:24 PM
Personally I don't think it's just procs. My issue is, when I fight someone that is mage or rogue they shouldn't nuke me through jug with 2/3 the main stats I have. If I have 2500 str a 2k dex rogue shouldn't kill me through jug. Yesterday my buddy was nuked through jug and horn somehow. I assume it was lag but nuked when i can see a bubble? Granted it was one of the strongest mages but through horn now? All the issues are easy to see if you just go fight in tdm. Players with similar gear and stats should be competitive despite the class. I can fight most players but I need a 500 point advantage in main stats and still get nuked. How can I compete against the best when I need to be 25% stronger just to survive? I was going to just keep upgrading but at some point it's pointless. I'll never survive against the top mages and rogues no matter what my stats are since I have to be exponentially stronger then them. Plus I hardly get a chance to fight, tdm is empty 90% of the time. Why spend the money to stand around in tdm.

In my opinion pvp is fixable if they want to fix it. They don't.

Polosam
03-02-2023, 06:32 PM
Personally I don't think it's just procs. My issue is, when I fight someone that is mage or rogue they shouldn't nuke me through jug with 2/3 the main stats I have. If I have 2500 str a 2k dex rogue shouldn't kill me through jug. Yesterday my buddy was nuked through jug and horn somehow. I assume it was lag but nuked when i can see a bubble? Granted it was one of the strongest mages but through horn now? All the issues are easy to see if you just go fight in tdm. Players with similar gear and stats should be competitive despite the class. I can fight most players but I need a 500 point advantage in main stats and still get nuked. How can I compete against the best when I need to be 25% stronger just to survive? I was going to just keep upgrading but at some point it's pointless. I'll never survive against the top mages and rogues no matter what my stats are since I have to be exponentially stronger then them. Plus I hardly get a chance to fight, tdm is empty 90% of the time. Why spend the money to stand around in tdm.

In my opinion pvp is fixable if they want to fix it. They don't.That is because of the Perma 70% armor reduction you go through with poksau and aim shot, nothing you can rly do since they implemented pets like these in the game, they can't undo it now

capeo
03-02-2023, 06:38 PM
Yeah the debuff pets are out of hand. Most pve bosses and mobs are immune so they really exist just to make life difficult in pvp. I mean vs a war using poku the armor debuff stacks with aegis and I'm under 3k armor.....even with 30k plus hp the damage is insane.

Continents
03-02-2023, 06:43 PM
They can always nerf them, 50% is just too much + debuff stacks with morpheus (also broken).

capeo
03-02-2023, 07:12 PM
I don't see the point of massive debuff passives when close to everything in pve is immune. Pet pasives in general in pvp should be looked at. 4 push pets are one of the most annoying things in game. No passives should work all the time with out a cd. Anyway lots of things they could do.

Igotu12
03-02-2023, 07:55 PM
And then there’s heroic anky.. which completely makes armor useless for anyone and can break through jugg easily (maxed or not) tbh it seems like they’re adding all of these pets to ruin pvp and make people focus on pve. STS if pvp dies so does half of al, some people don’t like killing mobs all day just to get gold and buy vanities to look cool.

Hexame
03-02-2023, 08:32 PM

Hello Sin!
Agreed about having a competition that would last the whole season and not for a short period time. This would make things interesting and entertaining.

PvP always gave the community entertainment every expansion cap. Players like myself have also switched over to PvE like Hardcore Mode and the Normal Mode since we love seeing our names on the LB there and the rewards are always great!
The best part is, we can remain on LB as long as we keep up with the APS given(meaning we can be offline for a whole season and return and still see our name up on the lb) and this is the reason why most of me and my friends don't really PvP anymore but we do casually check in once in a while.

I sometimes pop in TDM and PVP and see how it's like but since there's no purpose anymore, no more of the old enemies to fight against anymore, so I just go in there and I get my wins and then get back to PvE'ing

I just hope there would be a competition with a purpose that would attract more players to try out the PvP side of the game more often

Thaze
03-02-2023, 08:42 PM
Anky is definitely too much. I feel like the other pets can be played around. But procs are the main offender for how unattractive pvp is currently. When you combine the ridiculous procs from gear with the buffs/debuffs from pets, it gets even more out of hand.

Neutrone
03-04-2023, 12:57 AM
Anky is definitely too much. I feel like the other pets can be played around. But procs are the main offender for how unattractive pvp is currently. When you combine the ridiculous procs from gear with the buffs/debuffs from pets, it gets even more out of hand.You bring up a good point about pet power creep. Pet aa and procs have different effects in PvP and PvE, so I think its reasonable to have some really extreme pet passives with a lower effect in PvP, especially when you consider that they trigger more often than AAs.

Darkoptiic
03-04-2023, 02:54 AM

I agree with everything you said. A proper scaling system would make playing pvp at lower levels more tolerable and removing procs would make end-game pvp more enjoyable, even though it should have been done ages ago. I’m not that active atm, but I’d definitely give pvp another try if sts decides to remove procs

Dopein
03-10-2023, 09:56 AM
So Imma tell my experience about recent PvP, starting of 66 zone that had balance, pets were also balanced, overall fun zone to play, moving on to 71-76 zones which were THE BEST and THE MOST balanced zones with THE MOST balanced procs, you could get a lot of fun playing them. Then 81 came out, big mess, no knowledge about your game and how it will affect PvP. Adding one shotting weapons that are FULLY PROC BASED to kill at PvP? Obviously the "We have to pay our bills" thing, i get it, but its an EXCUSE that "We wont work on PvP, because it dont bring enough revenue", think about what was the main thing in the game at past "MOBILE PVP GAME", Arcane Legends was known from PVP. If I were a developer what would I do to make it fun again and bring more people to PvP=it would bring revenue as well which is obvious(awakening system/spending tons on awakens to get what u want)
1. Start making changes at PvP(Less procs/More balanced procs based at 71-76 zone/Pet effectivity and their passive at PvP)

2. Pets(Please god, when I seen crypta pet reduces 70% dmg thats just pointless/Fix those kind of pets/Make them weaker at PvP/Right now pets are stronger than your character/PvP started to be pet based(Pet has to be your help, not game changer, they get too overpowered in short period of time)

Trust me, if you fix these things, endgame PvP will be a thing, it will also give your company revenue.
Right now only zone I get least fun is 61PvP but it starting to be really annoying due to pets and hillarious debuffs.

Cinco Remiem Futumsh Hope you will take a look at this. Thanks in advance~ Delta

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Thaze
03-10-2023, 10:45 AM
So Imma tell my experience about recent PvP, starting of 66 zone that had balance, pets were also balanced, overall fun zone to play, moving on to 71-76 zones which were THE BEST and THE MOST balanced zones with THE MOST balanced procs, you could get a lot of fun playing them. Then 81 came out, big mess, no knowledge about your game and how it will affect PvP. Adding one shotting weapons that are FULLY PROC BASED to kill at PvP? Obviously the "We have to pay our bills" thing, i get it, but its an EXCUSE that "We wont work on PvP, because it dont bring enough revenue", think about what was the main thing in the game at past "MOBILE PVP GAME", Arcane Legends was known from PVP. If I were a developer what would I do to make it fun again and bring more people to PvP=it would bring revenue as well which is obvious(awakening system/spending tons on awakens to get what u want)
1. Start making changes at PvP(Less procs/More balanced procs based at 71-76 zone/Pet effectivity and their passive at PvP)

2. Pets(Please god, when I seen crypta pet reduces 70% dmg thats just pointless/Fix those kind of pets/Make them weaker at PvP/Right now pets are stronger than your character/PvP started to be pet based(Pet has to be your help, not game changer, they get too overpowered in short period of time)

Trust me, if you fix these things, endgame PvP will be a thing, it will also give your company revenue.
Right now only zone I get least fun is 61PvP but it starting to be really annoying due to pets and hillarious debuffs.

Cinco Remiem Futumsh Hope you will take a look at this. Thanks in advance~ Delta

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk71 was at least playable. But it was the first expansion with extreme procs, and the start of declining pvp activity. I think procs are a very good thing for PVE. They make it more complex. But, with where procs are at now, it will be too difficult to try to properly balance them for PVP.
In regard to the pets, power creep strikes again. Cryptareth is the pet all pvp players feared would come. Morpheus was bad enough, but Cryptareth's passive has just gone too far. Having 70% of your damage reduced by chance, no timing or skill involved, is just a horrible feeling for everybody. I really hope it wasn't released as an attempt to fix the obnoxious damage procs at endgame. All it does is add more luck to the picture and narrow the window of effectiveness of the slot machine-proc uptime game we have in place currently, not fix anything.

Thaze
03-14-2023, 01:24 PM
@asommers
Thoughts?

Thaze
03-14-2023, 02:17 PM

I think removing procs from pvp above level 66 is both the easiest AND the most effective version of this.

Ploid
03-16-2023, 11:32 PM

-ALSPvP drives player activity and retains players. I think there's a good reason to work on PvP. Afterall, the most played games nowadays are PvP centric

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

fajaratulnaj
03-17-2023, 09:11 AM
And one of the main reason pvp is dead cuz everyone wanted to become a number one but not in the competition and cant accept the losing and become emotional at the end people quit the game cant deny it and this is fact lol this is what on my base experience pvp since 2014 the best pvp experience for me is pvp lvl58-62 lvl76

capeo
04-01-2023, 01:52 PM
Kraken amulet needs an adjustment. Ebon aegis ruined pvp and the amulet is going to do the same thing. It doesn't bother me as a war but it's not balanced for the other classes. It shouldn't 1 hit rogues. Maybe have it reflect less damage.

Aayushh007
04-01-2023, 04:23 PM
Kraken amulet needs an adjustment. Ebon aegis ruined pvp and the amulet is going to do the same thing. It doesn't bother me as a war but it's not balanced for the other classes. It shouldn't 1 hit rogues. Maybe have it reflect less damage.Maybe they get 1hit because of their insane dmg? Which kills war through jug?

Victimzz
04-01-2023, 11:14 PM

-ALS

Why not create a new pvp mode wherein you can only use new type/class of equipments which can only be looted from event/non-event locked crates? This new equipment must not be slottable or awakeable and does not have proc. Also, pet must be disabled in this pvp mode.

Aayushh007
04-02-2023, 02:58 AM
Why not create a new pvp mode wherein you can only use new type/class of equipments which can only be looted from event/non-event locked crates? This new equipment must not be slottable or awakeable and does not have proc. Also, pet must be disabled in this pvp mode.U already got the answer bro [emoji23] *pvp doesn't pay the bills* hence, don't expect anything good for pvp.

capeo
04-02-2023, 10:17 AM
I agree the damage mages and rogues do is insane but the amulet will discourage rogues from fighting at all. I don't like the imbalance in damage that kills through jug but the answer isn't a random reflect. Now the imbalance is war with aegis, amulet and crypt can kill a stronger mage/rogue. Players with similar stats should be able to compete fairly evenly. I didn't like a rogue/mage with 2k main stat killing me with 2500 str. I doubt they like a 2k str war killing them when they have 2500 main stat. I know I've talked about the issues wars have and I admit I'm biased but I really want more people in pvp. If there is an issue that effects the other classes it drives people out of pvp. The amulet is an issue.

Shredderjoe
04-04-2023, 08:26 PM
Honestly just nerf amulet(In Pvp). As I do like the mechanic to it, it’s just way too op. I’m fine with reflect and having to pay attention when and when not to attack. Sometimes mistakes happen though, ping spikes, can’t see Proc aura, whatever it may be, u shouldn’t be annihilated from one single attack. Regardless of the attack you use it’s INSTAdead. Just a slight nerf in percentage of damage being reflected back at you would be very nice!

Victimzz
04-08-2023, 08:51 AM
U already got the answer bro [emoji23] *pvp doesn't pay the bills* hence, don't expect anything good for pvp.
Currently, it does not pay the bills. That’s why I am suggesting and sharing my idea to revive the PVP and make it pay their bill. And this is what this thread is all about.

Bigbang123
04-08-2023, 04:29 PM

-ALSThe solution for pvp is really easy, just make a mode of pvp that when ppl join all awakens dessapear but ofc when they get out they can still have them as simple as that people like to play with procs with arc and mythic gears thats why honor failed because no one like to play with normal gears people like procs so just exterminate awakens from pvp just like awakens exterminated pvp simple sts just do it. We dont want new modes we want the OG pvp just with the gears and no awakens wich are the only reason why pvp is dead

Enviado desde mi SM-G960U mediante Tapatalk