PDA

View Full Version : Marlin sword

Deathofan
09-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Hello, i recently bought this sword and have gone to severals dungeons to try it out and i found out that the proc doesnt works as it should. I tried using the sword on fang bosses and it seems theres 0% chance you will see the shark against the BOSSES only, it works with vampires though. I also tried sewers as well and hosted a game in stronghold and i kept auto on the boss around 5mins and still no shark.

Yes the sword works good on others bosses, but it seems there are a couple of campaigns out there that the sword doesnt functions as it should. If the sea blaster & staff works with this bosses why shouldnt marlin sword work as well?

These are the maps & bosses i found the marlin sword didnt worked well.

»AO III - Gurgox
»AO III - Galactic Overlord
»Balefort Sewers - Sewer king & Queen
»Shadow Caves - Shadow Prince
»Shadow Caves - Shadow Demon
»Mount Fang - Duke Edward
»Mount Fang - Emma
»Mount Fang - Vince gobble
»Mount Fang - Vlod
»Humania - Mystery Mash (hard to spell the boss name)

If anyone has the same problem post the dungeon and boss, correct me if any of the ones i mentioned are wrong.

小孩子
09-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Hello, i recently bought this sword and have gone to severals dungeons to try it out and i found out that the proc doesnt works as it should. I tried using the sword on fang bosses and it seems theres 0% chance you will see the shark against the BOSSES only, it works with vampires though. I also tried sewers as well and hosted a game in stronghold and i kept auto on the boss around 5mins and still no shark.

Yes the sword works good on others bosses, but it seems there are a couple of campaigns out there that the sword doesnt functions as it should. If the sea blaster & staff works with this bosses why shouldnt marlin sword work as well?

These are the maps & bosses i found the marlin sword didnt worked well.

»AO III - Gurgox
»AO III - Galactic Overlord
»Balefort Sewers - Sewer king & Queen
»Shadow Caves - Shadow Prince
»Shadow Caves - Shadow Demon
»Mount Fang - Duke Edward
»Mount Fang - Emma
»Mount Fang - Vince gobble
»Mount Fang - Vlod
»Humania - Mystery Mash (hard to spell the boss name)

If anyone has the same problem post the dungeon and boss, correct me if any of the ones i mentioned are wrong.

The bosses you mentioned are some of the harder bosses i game, it may be a glitch but i would say that the proc isnt hitting because the boss are harder to crit on or that they have higher defense than others

JaytB
09-05-2012, 03:14 AM
I think it's just because the proc rate of the sword is so low that you have to be lucky to see it proc on a boss before he/she/it dies.

I've played entire levels without seeing it proc even once, while other times it seems to proc more frequently.

That said, I haven't tested it extensively enough to know if there really is a problem or not :)

The Flash
09-05-2012, 04:15 AM
It seems you named all the bosses of bosses. I would make an educated guess and say there dodge is to high and/or are unaffected by such a proc. In other word there true bosses. The other bosses you didnt say are mearly mobs with high stats.

小孩子
09-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Now if only they'd change the Marlin sword to an AEO wep where the proc affects a wide range of enemies and creates a swarm of sharks that come out to bite..