PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Pertaining to CTF

Dynastu
09-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi,

Recently, I started playing at Endgame again, mostly CTF. I noticed a few bugs in CTF. To anyone unfamiliar with CTF or these bugs, these may seem minor and that I'm just being nit-picky, but they can actually affect the game a good deal.

-----

This is one very annoying bug. Basically, if you're on the red team, every single time you respawn, the camera is facing the wrong direction. The camera is oriented towards team blue's point of view.

Here are some examples of why this is problematic-

Scenario A) You're in the middle of a battle between all players in a CTF match. You die, and a Mage uses rev on you. You respawn, and guess what... The camera is facing the wrong direction... You cannot see your opponent(s) at all when you respawn.

Scenario B) Let's say you respawn and start moving backwards to have a chance to get out of battle and buff. Actually, because of the camera's disorientation, moving backwards would mean charging head-on into your enemies without noticing and (usually) being unbuffed.

Let's say that you're fully aware of where your enemies are and which direction you should immediately begin moving when you accept a revive:

You respawn and immediately press the joystick forward (moving you backwards). The problem is, you have no way of seeing if your opponents are in firing range without rotating your camera which would likely waste time and allow you to be fired upon until death. If you CAN see that you're opponents are in firing range, it's easy to get out and buff with a repulsive spell and a spell that heals roots, but alas, we cannot.

This is a simple fix, just allow the camera to be oriented in the direction the player is facing when they respawn instead of blue having the forward facing camera and red having the backwards facing camera.

This game has very non-responsive flags/bases. When the devs had this in mind, I believe they thought that players would run to the flag and stand still on it until it responded and gave it to them (same when scoring). Even recently (this happened twice to my team, quite possibly due to the excessive lag that 2x xp weekend is producing), I had the flag, ran to our base while being chased by an enemy, and ran across the base. Three times. Straight across, trying to get it to score. It did not, I died, and we lost the flag (then I realized that I was supposed to stand still on the base -.-)

-----

The following two bugs do not pertain soully to CTF and can occur in the Arena, as well.

The infamous teleporting. It seems to make its home at Rockwall Forts. It happens so much there. Although the devs probably know the meaning well enough, I'll go ahead and explain it.

Of course, you know how when a player is traveling from Point A to Point B, it shows them running there. In this case, it does not. Teleporting is where a player just jumps from Point A to Point B without running there. Now I'll list a few scenarios:

A) Your opponent is teleporting everywhere. You can't tell where they actually are, and a lot of the time when you think you're safe, they're 1m away from you beating the crap out of you. Or they appear to be right next to you, so you spam skills, but they're 15m away. Sometimes, when that happens, they'll run in and kill you.

B) This is when you, yourself, teleport. Let's say that you're hiding behind the corner of a wall at Rockwall Forts, and you jump out to attack someone and jump back behind the corner. If a bear uses beckon during this time period, then in most cases you'll see yourself just be beckoned against the wall you're hiding behind, which would result in safety, but then three second later you'll see three slashes and your character lying dead 15m away from where the camera showed you. Because of this, you won't see a need to defend yourself because you'll think that you're out of harms way.

This has been happening more and more lately. This is where, say, Mage #1 uses Drain-Fire on Mage #2 while Mage #2 uses Drain/Lightning/Icestorm/Frostbite/and lately any offensive skill. Mage #1 gets the kill, and one second later Mage #2 kills Mage #1, even though Mage #2 is already dead at the time of occurrence. Today, I saw it happen with several BIRDS using the 12m arrow spells. And birds have the instant skills (again, this may very well be due to the excessive amount of lag being produced by 2x xp weekend).

-----

Now I'll list a major issue that is not directly related to PvP of any form, but has a large effect on PvP.

You all knew I'd say it.

A great many of the of the bugs posted above may be directly related to the terrible epidemic of flat-out lag that everyone in the game that I know of has experienced since 2x xp was switched on. All of the bugs linked to lag... It's just horrid, it ruins gameplay, and--

It happens everytime there's 2x xp!

It's why 2x xp isn't worth it for many. It is the server, not our wifi. When everyone is seeing the massive ping (or rather, they're not, since that's no longer possible past 1000 ping... ;)), then it's probably related to the server.

Thanks in advance

Dynastu
09-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I had so much fun writing this thread via iPad with no mobile app... ;)

K... Condensed into spoilers because I didn't want the devs to get bored and go off to play 10,000 damage pvp. :p

Elyseon
09-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Cry moar plox

Swords
09-02-2012, 09:23 PM
i can confirm number 1, is annoying to me

Thelastblink
09-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Cry moar plox

I don't think he is crying, maybe except for the lag part, other than that he had some very good points! xD