PDA

View Full Version : Please send love this way!

Wretch
09-02-2012, 11:50 PM
To start this thread out, I am lead mechanic at the shop I work at.

I would not be the MAN (not mechanic) I am today without the absolute and utmost mentor I have ever had!

Sadly I am posting this, after seeing him today, I heard just 10 days ago he was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gherigs).

Today was a severe wake up call and kick to the face, the person who I still look up to! That tought me the basics on cars, can now no longer use his hands, and has to fight to barely speak.

May everyone's prayers be with his family!

Sorry if this post makes no sense, I will be a man and say I have been crying my eyes out and still am and will be until further notice

nmyxspaceship
09-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Definitely will praying for him and everyone that loves him. I know how these things are. Best of hopes:)

Wretch
09-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Sorry for the double post...

But I am planing on rebuilding the dune buggy me and his son built in high school,

As well as the 70 mustang fastback that him and his wife first met in!

Dune buggy I will do myself! Mustang... Sadly he let too many kids work on it and it has been submitted to today's version of "pimp my ride".... Overhauling???? By his oldest surviving son.

Sorry bad night for me! Had to get it off my chest! Wish everyone well!

Jblazer
09-03-2012, 12:17 AM
My prayers go to this man and his family.

Kiwihawk
09-03-2012, 12:42 AM
I Send My Prayers
I Hope That He Gets Better Because He Must Have Been Great If He Was The Person Momsminivan Looked Up To :)

Lowlyspy
09-03-2012, 02:15 AM
You are a man among men to do that for him Wretchy. My heart goes out to him.

Urqui
09-03-2012, 02:33 AM
I wish the best of luck to him:)

Friend, family?

Suentous PO
09-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Aw %#*, I totally misunderstood you last night. I was helping a friend when you guild chatt'ed. Often when ppl say something like "persons name" suffered something I assume there talking about someone the vaguely know, (say like Magic Johnson). I didn't even ask who it was thinking it was a celebrity I never heard of. Sorry my friend. My heart goes out to you. I'll be around if you need anything.

Worship
09-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Good luck to him.. :(

Wretch
09-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the love guys!

He is a friend and mentor to me that I consider him as family.

Edit: no worries Suentous, I was also mind blown at the time...

I took the day off of work to go see him, was not prepared for how fast he has deteriorated.

TYRANTO
09-03-2012, 12:28 PM
my prayers are with him :peaceful:

Siejo
09-19-2012, 03:22 AM
You know you will always have your PL family to support you and be there for you whenever you need us. Hell you can text me at 4 am and I will still respond. Lots of love sent for you and the wifey.

angeldawn
09-19-2012, 03:31 AM
You know you will always have your PL family to support you and be there for you whenever you need us. Hell you can text me at 4 am and I will still respond. Lots of love sent for you and the wifey.

Can't say it any better :)

HunterSLAYER
09-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Get well soon, Mr. Mentor.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Wretch
09-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the prayers!

Sadly Lou gherigs disease has no cure.... Just the inevitable.

For those that don't know what it does, his body is slowly killing all his muscles.

There is only one FDA approved drug, which he is on, and as a state employee he has great healthcare, hopefully he will not suffer too much more than he already has.

Wretch
09-24-2012, 12:33 AM
First off...apologize for the double post and the bump.

Second off... Not really, this is first and foremost in my life!

Won't even say third, because all this is truly killing me as well, Godspeed my mentor!

Edit: He passed away early this morning 3/6/13. RIP Jerry Mitchell you were very loved and will be greatly missed.