PDA

View Full Version : Was this wrong??

ZHEOTARE
09-03-2012, 01:51 AM
I don't think it is. Begging is getting bad in Balefort nowadays.

KingFu
09-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Update your sig.

Energizeric
09-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Voodoobird was trying to sell that hammer all day long. LOL

Jcyee
09-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Update your sig.

Lol

But idk if its wrong. Is it? O.o

Skeletonlord
09-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Yeah, he is logged in on Zheobear, and it says level 71 top left of the picture. His sig says level 66.

Thelastblink
09-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Please update your sig and I think you should give him some money... Hes new!

KingFu
09-03-2012, 02:50 AM

Might as well feed the stray cat while you're at it.

JaytB
09-03-2012, 03:08 AM

How new can he be? He needs 'Tiki' items O.o

Kraze
09-03-2012, 03:30 AM

How new can he be? He needs 'Tiki' items O.o

Will with 2x xp + weekly + thrasher level one to 66 in what two hours?

lUp3
09-03-2012, 03:34 AM
Seen a level 70 join a Sandbar run, shout Plz gimme all the items you dont need.

I mean srsly, begging is taking a whole new level nowadays.

JaytB
09-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Will with 2x xp + weekly + thrasher level one to 66 in what two hours?

And I bet they skip most bosses too. And then they wonder how they're poor :/

Urqui
09-03-2012, 04:26 AM
At least he didn't try to scam you or say he's related to a Dev lol:D

Sim Jing
09-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Still, its irritating to get annoyed by a random players which expect you to give out money.

ZHEOTARE
09-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Seen a level 70 join a Sandbar run, shout Plz gimme all the items you dont need.

I mean srsly, begging is taking a whole new level nowadays.

Ran with a guy today that asked the same thing. He said he uses the gold from liquidations for elixers. Asked nicely, but still... Lol.

I will update in a little bit when I get on pc.

Seiyen
09-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Ahh cmmon, this aint begging,
Little kid just askin ur help:)
Dont be so meany;)

Twinklaser
09-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Begging isnt against the TOS this wasnt wrong. He merely asked for your help. The ignore list deals with these kinds of things.

Ihavenokills
09-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Every game that includes some kind of trading system has these people. so nothing surprises me here.

ZHEOTARE
09-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Begging isnt against the TOS this wasnt wrong. He merely asked for your help. The ignore list deals with these kinds of things.

That its open to interpretation...

A. Begging and spamming ruins my game play. That is against the TOS. And yes, my ignore list is long.

B. He asked, I helped. The bums on the corner are always just asking for help too. :)

Cobraguy
09-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Nah, what you said to him was fine. I've definitely been a lot meaner, especially when they keep pming, plz plz plz, before I can mute them. Something is wrong when I literally have over half of active players on my mute list.....This is no exaggeration....

Twinklaser
09-03-2012, 03:58 PM
That its open to interpretation...

A. Begging and spamming ruins my game play. That is against the TOS. And yes, my ignore list is long.

B. He asked, I helped. The bums on the corner are always just asking for help too. :)

A. Mean players ruin his/her gameplay. Besides, asking once isnt spamming.

B. Compare this to yelling at a 70year old hobo to get a job, ^.^

Notice, he said HELP not GIVE. He might have meant for you to do runs with him.

McBain
09-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Notice, he said HELP not GIVE. He might have meant for you to do runs with him.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I mean, I totally agree that straight-up begging is annoying, but this bro may have been just asking for help, which is a different story IMO.

xcainnblecterx
09-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't think it's wrong. He's looking for humania pinks, so he should know how to farm/make money. I am not a rude or greedy if a new player asks for 2k or something sure here you go. The big problem I see is some of the same people are asking day after day

McBain
09-03-2012, 09:36 PM
These people aren't ignorant. There's an actual real-world phenomenon where people panhandle as a pseudo profession. Not because they're homeless or poor, but because they can make a surprising amount of money doing it. All you have to is put on some old raggy clothes and smudge some dirt on your face, and within a day you could make a couple hundred dollars begging on a street corner.

In other words, nobody would do it if it didn't work.

Ortalan
09-03-2012, 09:55 PM
No it's certainly not wrong at all. If someone is gonna PM beg for help/items from randoms.... well, maybe that's not against TOS. But neither is a sassy, honest reply. The fact is that if you are a player who has made his or her way in this game without ever begging for stuff, then other people who beg instead of putting in the same effort you did can be kinda annoying. I don't see anything wrong with being kinda annoying back! And truly, Zheo gave best sort of help there is - Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will live forever.

Sim Jing
09-03-2012, 10:43 PM
No it's certainly not wrong at all. If someone is gonna PM beg for help/items from randoms.... well, maybe that's not against TOS. But neither is a sassy, honest reply. The fact is that if you are a player who has made his or her way in this game without ever begging for stuff, then other people who beg instead of putting in the same effort you did can be kinda annoying. I don't see anything wrong with being kinda annoying back! And truly, Zheo gave best sort of help there is - Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will live forever.

+1! I won't stand for online beggars or trolls in the game, especially when they post such begging posts in the forums.

Patricks
09-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Probably a newish person just asking for help farming. It's not like he was asking for free stuff or did something egregious.

If he asks a question on forums, are you gonna tell him to stop begging for answers and figure it out himself? We all have gotten help unless you did the entire game solo and never asked a question regarding the game and never seen any of the helpful info from others on forums.

If you don't wanna help, just ignore or say no sorry. I know you can't help everyone. I don't think that particular request for help required a malicious response.

Sim Jing
09-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Probably a newish person just asking for help farming. It's not like he was asking for free stuff or did something egregious.

If he asks a question on forums, are you gonna tell him to stop begging for answers and figure it out himself? We all have gotten help unless you did the entire game solo and never asked a question regarding the game and never seen any of the helpful info from others on forums.

If you don't wanna help, just ignore or say no sorry. I know you can't help everyone. I don't think that particular request for help required a malicious response.

Oh really? I for one has never asked anybody for help except when clearing maps. It was never fair for others like me when people can just beg and beg just for a pink if they ever got it. It diminishes the effort we put up in farming and its not good for the community in the long run as more people will think;

"Oh this guy just got an Elite Weapon just from begging! I'm not going to farm and beg too!"

And more and more people will follow, thus annoying farmers and others that play the game properly.

Patricks
09-03-2012, 11:29 PM

Oh really? I for one has never asked anybody for help except when clearing maps. It was never fair for others like me when people can just beg and beg just for a pink if they ever got it. It diminishes the effort we put up in farming and its not good for the community in the long run as more people will think;

"Oh this guy just got an Elite Weapon just from begging! I'm not going to farm and beg too!"

And more and more people will follow, thus annoying farmers and others that play the game properly.

The guy asked for help farming tiki stuff. How is that different than you asking for help clearing maps? Farming is clearing maps.

Sim Jing
09-03-2012, 11:32 PM
The guy asked for help farming tiki stuff. How is that different than you asking for help clearing maps? Farming is clearing maps.

Can you explain what the original post's pic reads out?

"Can You help me get Tiki Stuff"

It was in balefort. Can you explain how is this considered farming? He was obviously an end-game beggar. Check your evidences before you talk!

Reddwing
09-03-2012, 11:39 PM
"get" could have implied farm for. But more likely "buy for me." Fact of life, some people are just more needy and whiny. ;)

Sim Jing
09-03-2012, 11:45 PM
+1!

Patricks
09-03-2012, 11:46 PM

Can you explain what the original post's pic reads out?

"Can You help me get Tiki Stuff"

It was in balefort. Can you explain how is this considered farming? He was obviously an end-game beggar. Check your evidences before you talk!

Ugh...

Yes. He said "can you help me get tiki stuff?"

He didnt say "Can you GIVE me Tiki stuff?".

Hablo ingles?

But i will tell u what u wanna hear.

It is ok for YOU to ask for HELP clearing maps. It is not ok for HIM to ask for HELP acquiring tiki stuff.

Sim Jing
09-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Ugh...

Hablo ingles?

It is ok for YOU to ask for HELP clearing maps. It is not ok for HIM to ask for HELP acquiring tiki stuff.

Are you confused?? You must be. Because he was indirectly begging. Let me explain to you.

"can you help me get tiki stuff"

Can you Help me - This is usually a case of which newbies or baggars would take. It is primarily overused when it comes to begging in Pocket Legends nowadays.

Get Tiki Stuff - At first glance, yes, like you I thought he was only asking for help clearing maps in the game. However, upon closer inspection, let me emphasize on the word Get Tiki Stuff. Get Tiki Stuff does not relates to map clearing or farming. No, in this case, Get equalises to Give. Tiki Stuff obviously meant the gear in Level 70.

So in conclusion, This guy was clearly begging for Level 70 Gear in Balefort. Feel free to post your counter-arguments against what I just elaborated in this post. You're welcome.

Patricks
09-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Ugh...

Hablo ingles?

Are you confused?? You must be. Because he was indirectly begging. Let me explain to you.

"can you help me get tiki stuff"

Can you Help me - This is usually a case of which newbies or baggars would take. It is primarily overused when it comes to begging in Pocket Legends nowadays.

Get Tiki Stuff - At first glance, yes, like you I thought he was only asking for help clearing maps in the game. However, upon closer inspection, let me emphasize on the word Get Tiki Stuff. Get Tiki Stuff does not relates to map clearing or farming. No, in this case, Get equalises to Give. Tiki Stuff obviously meant the gear in Level 70.

So in conclusion, This guy was clearly begging for Level 70 Gear in Balefort. Feel free to post your counter-arguments against what I just elaborated in this post. You're welcome.

You are right. It is open and shut case. I was very confused.

"can you help me" means he is a newbie and must be destroyed.

"get tiki stuff" does not mean - get tiki stuff. It means - give tiki stuff

"tiki stuff" obviously refers only to L70 gear only. L66 and L68 gear is simply referred to as "stuff"

Thank you I apologize.

If you ever need help clearing a map I will be glad to help. However, if you ask me for help getting items, I will go ape poop on you, but I know you wouldn't ask me because you play the game "properly".

Keep defending the meek and helping the innocent you kind hearted player!

See you in game. You are awesome!!!

Sim Jing
09-04-2012, 12:14 AM
You are right. It is open and shut case. I was very confused.

"can you help me" means he is a newbie and must be destroyed.

"get tiki stuff" does not mean - get tiki stuff. It means - give tiki stuff

"tiki stuff" obviously refers only to L70 gear only. L66 and L68 gear is simply referred to as "stuff"

Thank you I apologize.

If you ever need help clearing a map I will be glad to help. However, if you ask me for help getting items, I will go ape poop on you, but I know you wouldn't ask me because you play the game "properly".

Keep defending the meek and helping the innocent you kind hearted player!

See you in game. You are awesome!!!

No Problem! My IGN is Chioricon! I will see you in the weekends! =D

lUp3
09-04-2012, 12:24 AM
People will have an argument over anything nowadays :-D Chill guys, Zheo''s main objective was just to highlight the begging element which is so widespread in the game. For me begging does ruin my gameplay, if a person asks for help I do what I can.