PDA

View Full Version : PL Shield

NinjaStar
09-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Now I know the history as to how ViolentSaint got his PL shield and I do agree that he deserved it. He pioneered what others are doing today. However, he only pioneered it and Masterchief has surpassed his efforts.

You see, I do understand that Violent wasted lots of time and money on stash slots to give away pinks but MC has gone more than above and beyond. He isnt giving away your regular 15-25k pink to people. He is giving away over 100k in gold and equipment worth up to 800k (Zuraz Shock Lance). Now, we all know that for the amount of people he has gifted, that it took A LOT of time for him to do this and he has displayed outstanding effort and genorisity, that, in my opinion exceed that of Violents or anyone else I have seen being awarded a PL Shield.

I also understand the inconvenience of awarding PL Shields to ANYONE who does a giveway but I would like to offer a solution. If MC is granted a PL Shield (which he undoubtedly deserves), the devs should post in that thread in which he is conratulated that there will be NO MORE pl shields for giveaway starters.

Be a little more considerate of his selfless efforts and be a little more willing to grant him a prize.

We all know deep inside that he deserves it. Simply look at his giveaway thread if you need any evidence.

Thank you MC. :)

Azrael
09-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I wish the devs would close these PL Shield threads.

Edit: and on top of it, this is a big patch day with new content and your posting about this??

jonboy
09-01-2010, 06:24 PM
There is some strange lobbying, from a bunch of new accounts, strange.

deathish
09-01-2010, 06:28 PM
if i give away 30m would i get a PL shield? ^_^

NinjaStar
09-01-2010, 06:53 PM
if i give away 30m would i get a PL shield? ^_^

You're not seeing the point. Of course you would give 30 mil if you KNEW you were getting a PL Shield. Does Masterchief know he is getting one? NO. In fact he might not even get one.

I wish the devs would close these PL Shield threads.

Edit: and on top of it, this is a big patch day with new content and your posting about this??

Last time I checked there are no rules against reccomending PL Shields. Or is this a dictatorship in which we could only talk about what satisfies you or what you deem "correct"?

Patch? Stat Driven Skill conversion? I have checked the feedback and people are already expressing the same way I feel. The rest is irrelevant to me.

Cascade
09-01-2010, 07:03 PM
You sir are a noob....I command you to shut your mouth

NinjaStar
09-01-2010, 07:08 PM
You sir are a noob....I command you to shut your mouth

Awww the little boy is angry and wants to troll! Good job you mindless troll...

vulgarstrike
09-01-2010, 07:11 PM
aww the new junior member has been trolled

NinjaStar
09-01-2010, 07:28 PM
aww the new junior member has been trolled

Junior member? wait a minute Vulgar, doesnt your main char have like 4k kills? lol The Mynas Generation that you despise so much is what you are a part of. Nuff said hypocrite. BTW thanks for agreeing with me that Cascade is in fact trolling. Something he has criticized others for doing yet he obviously does himself.

deathish
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
how much did masterchief pay u to post this?

goatycoady
09-01-2010, 08:01 PM
um violent has given away lots more value then masterchief..... violent gave me something tat i would of paid 4 million for. so violent wins.

KingFu
09-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Junior member? wait a minute Vulgar, doesnt your main char have like 4k kills? lol The Mynas Generation that you despise so much is what you are a part of. Nuff said hypocrite. BTW thanks for agreeing with me that Cascade is in fact trolling. Something he has criticized others for doing yet he obviously does himself.

Actually, Vulgar was around way before AO2 and reached the level cap before AO2 was around. Also, you aren't starting off forums so great flaming two valued, and respected players, and forums members.

As for Cheif getting a PL shield, I am greatly appreciative of what he has done, and I do feel he deserves a reward, but I think PL shields are being giving out so often, that if they keep this rate it won't be too long before all the Pocket Legends Legends all have one. I disagree with him getting a PL shield, but he does deserve something IMO, maybe like 30 plat, or a free hat from the plat store, or a choice of any pink in the game, or AO3 for free, or something like that, but I would not support him getting a 1 of a kind item, or something like a PL shield. I greatly, greatly appreciate how he has helped me and others, but I think PL shields should be more special, and be a prize for a contest. Kudos to you MC, but I'm sorry, I do not agree with anyone getting a PL shield for anymore giveaways.

NinjaStar
09-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Actually, Vulgar was around way before AO2 and reached the level cap before AO2 was around. Also, you aren't starting off forums so great flaming two valued, and respected players, and forums members.

As for Cheif getting a PL shield, I am greatly appreciative of what he has done, and I do feel he deserves a reward, but I think PL shields are being giving out so often, that if they keep this rate it won't be too long before all the Pocket Legends Legends all have one. I disagree with him getting a PL shield, but he does deserve something IMO, maybe like 30 plat, or a free hat from the plat store, or a choice of any pink in the game, or AO3 for free, or something like that, but I would not support him getting a 1 of a kind item, or something like a PL shield. I greatly, greatly appreciate how he has helped me and others, but I think PL shields should be more special, and be a prize for a contest. Kudos to you MC, but I'm sorry, I do not agree with anyone getting a PL shield for anymore giveaways.

I completely understand your opinion and I will not debate that with you. It is your opinion and i respect that. However, I have to disagree with you about the whole flaming situation. I wrote a thread, expressed my thoughts and opininions. You respectfuly made your opinion and I am not angry nor am I flaming you for it. As you can clearly see, they began the flaming and I simply defended myself like ANYONE else would have.

They could have expressed there disagreement maturely like you did but they chose otherwise.

KingFu
09-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I completely understand your opinion and I will not debate that with you. It is your opinion and i respect that. However, I have to disagree with you about the whole flaming situation. I wrote a thread, expressed my thoughts and opininions. You respectfuly made your opinion and I am not angry nor am I flaming you for it. As you can clearly see, they began the flaming and I simply defended myself like ANYONE else would have.

They could have expressed there disagreement maturely like you did but they chose otherwise.

Thanks, and yes, their words could have been moor appropriately worded, so I think it'd be best if you and them don't reply if it is just to flame, and not related to this topic.

bmc85uk
09-01-2010, 10:11 PM
It's a noble deed, it really is, but I don't think Masterchief should be rewarded for it.

VS was the first to set up a charity, he wasn't following the example of anyone who'd been rewarded for it. Also, one of Masterchiefs first forum posts was "What Can I Do To Get POCKET LEGENDS SHIELD ? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5531-What-Can-I-Do-To-Get-POCKET-LEGENDS-SHIELD)" to which I replied, stating how they'd been awarded so far, including Violentsaint's scenario.

It just wouldn't be right, not to say that he hasn't also done a wonderful selfless deed.

Raxie
09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
masterchief has been very generous in giving most of his gold to others.
the devs shouldn't have given it to violentsaint in the first place because we have too many arguments about the pl shield. however, if violent got one, i think master should get one because he has contributed lots of his time in helping others.
also, for most people that say pocket legends shield is common, 3 current active players have them. violent, harold and now recently, kavanah. if master gets one, that is 4 pocket legends shields in the game. 4 is not a large number...

Chickdigcookies
09-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Ive created a monster!

CipherZero
09-02-2010, 12:42 AM
He has always been nice to me (never gave me anything tho) and why are people so jealous about a shield if he has helped you all wouldnt you want to repay him with something he wants or something you think he should get if he wants the shield and has helped the majority of players hook him up instead of being like the noobish booters you guys call the myans gen or whatever the fact is in most these games the players make most the games fun if there are asshole players around all day you wouldnt want to play so players like him should be awarded if not by a shield maybe a new limited item like a shield that has MC on it instead of PL or some other item to make him feel special egh yeah just my thoughts

NinjaStar
09-02-2010, 08:29 AM
His deed is in fact very selfless. I have calculated that he has most probably wasted over 10 mil in gifts and countless time and effort in pleasing everyone.

In my honest opinion I think he deserves a PL Shield. I disagree with giving him a hat that anyone could easily purchase in the store or giving him any pink he desires since he obviously has the resources to do that anyway. If not a PL Shield then he should be prized something of equal value, something unique. As Cipher mentioned, perhaps a shield with "MC" instead of "PL". Lets not give him an ordinary prize for his extraordinary efforts. That wouldnt be fair either.

kavanah
09-02-2010, 08:45 AM
His deed is in fact very selfless. I have calculated that he has most probably wasted over 10 mil in gifts and countless time and effort in pleasing everyone.

In my honest opinion I think he deserves a PL Shield. I disagree with giving him a hat that anyone could easily purchase in the store or giving him any pink he desires since he obviously has the resources to do that anyway. If not a PL Shield then he should be prized something of equal value, something unique. As Cipher mentioned, perhaps a shield with "MC" instead of "PL". Lets not give him an ordinary prize for his extraordinary efforts. That wouldnt be fair either.

You guys are missing the point though. If the dev's went around handing out PL shields for every person who does a noble deed like this, imagine how many philanthropists would all of a sudden spring up? I'm not saying it was MasterChief's idea all along, but he sure did get very enthusiastic about it when he thought he could get a PL shield this way. The fact is that no one knew the dev's would give a PL shield away when ViolentSaint did his giveaway. It was out of pure generosity for the community. The dev's shouldn't be pressured in anyway to give the PL shield out to anyone else who now trys to do charitable deeds.

Here's an idea... do something extremely crazy for the community and the devs and the game itself and then you may get a PL shield, but you may not. So don't do it for the reward, do it for the gift! Because you will probably just walk away empty handed. As said before, it's easy to give away your hoarded treasure, you obviously didn't hoard it through giving it away at the start... I got my PL shield because I won a contest, not because since I started playing this game I've given away so many pinks that instead of having over 9 mill I have less than 1 mill. But you don't see my thread posted on here about it... you don't see me waving the "i'm a generous person banner". What's done in the secret will be brought to the light.

Go finish the PL WIKI. Ask STS if you can host a PL convention. Make professional monogrammed Spacetimestudios or Pocket Legends polo's and ship them to the dev's to wear, or STS pajama pants with their forum name monogrammed on it. Take a road trip to Austin, ask the dev's to meet them in person and see where they work, and then invite them to dinner (and you actually foot the bill)!

Now lets see how many people get excited about doing one of those above...

KingFu
09-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Like Kav said. Do a good deed for the fact of doing it, not to get a reward.

NinjaStar
09-02-2010, 09:14 AM
He has not mentioned that he would like to receive a PL Shield. In fact, people have been suggesting that he should receive one.

Has he written anything in this thread? Has he perosnally spoken to anyone and blatantly said that he is doing the giveaway for a PL Shield? Not that we know of because no one has said so... You know what they say about assuming, right?

Royce
09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
He has not mentioned that he would like to receive a PL Shield.

He introduced himself to this forum by starting a thread asking how he could get a PL shield, and that's where he found out about Violent's giveaway, and where he got the misguided notion that another giveaway might snag him a shield. It is quite obvious, that, and not selfless community service, was his original goal. There is no way he should get a shield for giving away a bunch of gold in an attempt to get a shield. Sorry, but that's not how it works, and there's no way the devs are gonna fall for it ;)

Chickdigcookies
09-02-2010, 09:30 AM
he introduced himself to this forum by starting a thread asking how he could get a pl shield, and that's where he found out about violent's giveaway, and where he got the misguided notion that another giveaway might snag him a shield. It is quite obvious, that, and not selfless community service, was his original goal. There is no way he should get a shield for giving away a bunch of gold in an attempt to get a shield. Sorry, but that's not how it works, and there's no way the devs are gonna fall for it ;)

royce gets my worthless vote for pl shield!

Hayabusaz
09-02-2010, 09:30 AM
He introduced himself to this forum by starting a thread asking how he could get a PL shield, and that's where he found out about Violent's giveaway, and where he got the misguided notion that another giveaway might snag him a shield. It is quite obvious, that, and not selfless community service, was his original goal. There is no way he should get a shield for giving away a bunch of gold in an attempt to get a shield. Sorry, but that's not how it works, and there's no way the devs are gonna fall for it ;)

Lol , this thread was started ages ago , and why don't U do a big giveaway too ! If it's easy ?
Lol . I didn't knew I could get a PL shield by doing this , look in my wish list , alot of people are telling I deserve one , I am not asking for it .

Edit: I think you're jealous :p

Peace

Klemen
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Btw masterchief gave away 14 milion gold, 3 zuraz lances, 4 thoth plasmas, red scarab bows, hammers and maaaaany more. I think he really deserves a shield of legends.

Dashony
09-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Me too, I really think Masterchief deserves a PL shield as he did give away lots of gold 14 mil, lances, plasmas and lots more. If you were one of the many players who received a gift like this from MC you would like this game a lil more as it becomes a bit boring farming for hours for one specific item and being very unlucky. This is an attitude that I really think it must be rewarded somehow. And I don't think a PL shield is too much to ask for, for someone who really deserves it. I might be a junior here in forum but I'm a senior in game. Masterchief I have a big thanks here for u for all your help! Cheers, keep up with the good work that u do!

Justg
09-02-2010, 11:51 AM
You guys are missing the point though. If the dev's went around handing out PL shields for every person who does a noble deed like this, imagine how many philanthropists would all of a sudden spring up? I'm not saying it was MasterChief's idea all along, but he sure did get very enthusiastic about it when he thought he could get a PL shield this way. The fact is that no one knew the dev's would give a PL shield away when ViolentSaint did his giveaway. It was out of pure generosity for the community. The dev's shouldn't be pressured in anyway to give the PL shield out to anyone else who now trys to do charitable deeds.

Here's an idea... do something extremely crazy for the community and the devs and the game itself and then you may get a PL shield, but you may not. So don't do it for the reward, do it for the gift! Because you will probably just walk away empty handed. As said before, it's easy to give away your hoarded treasure, you obviously didn't hoard it through giving it away at the start... I got my PL shield because I won a contest, not because since I started playing this game I've given away so many pinks that instead of having over 9 mill I have less than 1 mill. But you don't see my thread posted on here about it... you don't see me waving the "i'm a generous person banner". What's done in the secret will be brought to the light.

Go finish the PL WIKI. Ask STS if you can host a PL convention. Make professional monogrammed Spacetimestudios or Pocket Legends polo's and ship them to the dev's to wear, or STS pajama pants with their forum name monogrammed on it. Take a road trip to Austin, ask the dev's to meet them in person and see where they work, and then invite them to dinner (and you actually foot the bill)!

Now lets see how many people get excited about doing one of those above...

The only comment I will make in this thread is that Kavanah is accurately representing our feelings. We are very aware and appreciative of MC's efforts, but we are not planning on granting another one for philanthropic efforts. Surprise us! Except please don't come to Austin. That would scare us.

vulgarstrike
09-02-2010, 11:53 AM
The only comment I will make in this thread is that Kavanah is accurately representing our feelings. We are very aware and appreciative of MC's efforts, but we are not planning on granting another one for philanthropic efforts. Surprise us! Except please don't come to Austin. That would scare us.

too late...

Hayabusaz
09-02-2010, 12:03 PM
too late...

What do you mean ? :p

vulgarstrike
09-02-2010, 12:07 PM
I already went to Austin :D

Hayabusaz
09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I already went to Austin :D

Huh ? What For ??

FluffNStuff
09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Huh ? What For ??

He is making a joke about stalking the Dev's. At least I assume he is making a joke ...

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
For the music! LOL!

caelitus
09-02-2010, 12:28 PM
When people get that rich theres very little that will keep them interested in the game because
they have it all, whats the one item that isn't available for these rich players? a PL shield, of course
he did it from the get go for a PL shield, but hes the one person who can't say that, or for that fact
admit it - cause saying that sort of thing would instantly disqualify him ;)

kavanah
09-02-2010, 01:11 PM

Oh I'm coming to see STS and /mosh with Cinco to Norma Jean. Get ready Mr. Gattis!! =)

Btw I'm not so sure about how widespread the pizza place is, but there is a pizza chain near my house called Mr. Gattis. Just thought you would want to know that =)

smokester
09-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Epic fail close the thread please.... and could we stop with who should get a PL shield threads please.... i mean its ridiculous "demanding" the devs to give the PL shield to this guy well if they do your gonna have more ppl saying this guys too deserves one... creating more arguments and controversy so just STOP

Hayabusaz
09-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Epic fail close the thread please.... and could we stop with who should get a PL shield threads please.... i mean its ridiculous "demanding" the devs to give the PL shield to this guy well if they do your gonna have more ppl saying this guys too deserves one... creating more arguments and controversy so just STOP

useless Post .

Cascade
09-02-2010, 02:14 PM
MasterChief....You sir need to shutup...Your post was in fact useless

kavanah
09-02-2010, 02:19 PM
MasterChief....You sir need to shutup...Your post was in fact useless

That doesn't help anything Cascade...

haroldiv
09-02-2010, 02:24 PM
just let masterchief keep talking... gets worse each time.

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Every post on this thread since JustG made the official statement is more or less moot anyway. I wish they would just lock it.

Hayabusaz
09-02-2010, 03:02 PM
This Is Ridiculous .

Khanhee
09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
All I know is, to me, MC is being very generous and altruistic. That should be awarded in my opinion. If it were up to me, I'd give him a PL shield :D

kavanah
09-02-2010, 03:17 PM
All I know is, to me, MC is being very generous and altruistic. That should be awarded in my opinion. If it were up to me, I'd give him a PL shield :D

But you're missing the point still lol. The problem with that is soon there would be MANY people who would start giving away over 10mill of items and gold just to "be atruistic enough to get a PL Shield." You know what I mean? It is noble, but trust me, he isn't the only one giving away millions of gold or millions of gold worth of items. Others do it too without even publicly announcing it. So while many people are praising him, the rest of us who are just as generous are just shaking our head. Especially when it seems for certain motives like getting a PL shield, which seemed the case here. Either way, as Justg said, no one will get a PL shield this way again. So if he continues to give after knowing this as a fact, then more power to him. The rest of us will continue to give silently...

bmc85uk
09-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Lol , this thread was started ages ago , and why don't U do a big giveaway too ! If it's easy ?
Lol . I didn't knew I could get a PL shield by doing this , look in my wish list , alot of people are telling I deserve one , I am not asking for it .

Edit: I think you're jealous :p

Peace

Interestingly enough, in one of your first posts on the forum, which I have already linked (click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5531-What-Can-I-Do-To-Get-POCKET-LEGENDS-SHIELD)) you showed a clear interest in the PL shield, and the first reply included details of what they'd been awarded for so far, you must have read it, you did reply later in the thread.

Another interesting snippet, if you check the thread, Masterchief has edited two of the posts since this thread was created:

The OP, which originally said "how? I really do want that shield"

And a later post, which originally said "strange....but I will have it one day"

I wish I could retrieve the unedited posts to stop the inevitable torrent of flames saying that I'm lying, but only forum moderators would have access to that.

I do however, remember them vividly because I re-read the thread when I linked it in my first post here.

smokester
09-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Interestingly enough, in one of your first posts on the forum, which I have already linked (click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5531-What-Can-I-Do-To-Get-POCKET-LEGENDS-SHIELD)) you showed a clear interest in the PL shield, and the first reply included details of what they'd been awarded for so far, you must have read it, you did reply later in the thread.

Another interesting snippet, if you check the thread, Masterchief has edited two of the posts since this thread was created:

The OP, which originally said "how? I really do want that shield"

And a later post, which originally said "strange....but I will have it one day"

I wish I could retrieve the unedited posts to stop the inevitable torrent of flames saying that I'm lying, but only forum moderators would have access to that.

I do however, remember them vividly because I re-read the thread when I linked it in my first post here.

just look at what time he edited the posts... the one saying "strange..." was last edited today at 6:16 AM lmao bah~~hahhahahahah
this guy is just on a roll keep it up buddy and you wont have a reputation on the forums bahahahahahah

Justg
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Enough. People please stop lobbying for others to get a PL shield. Masterchief, we love you for being generous, just as we love everyone who contributes to the game. That should not come at a price.