PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming vanity amour

Deeci
09-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Will the new vanity amour set give bonuses? Or will it just give special features etc.

Suentous PO
09-03-2012, 03:22 PM
I looked through the announcements about the new dungeon thinking I must have missed something, but I'm still confused.
What are you referring to?

Edit- if it's about the new cap vanity (whatever it is), then in that case we were told that future vanities would not have stats, but that they might give access to maps or new effects or some other thing not yet revealed.

LwMark
09-03-2012, 03:38 PM
are talking bout dropped vanities (dragon sets types) or elite cap vanities (56,60,66,71 types) ?

WoundedEagle
09-03-2012, 04:07 PM
The next Elite Vanity (rewarded for 76 level cap) will be a shield. Whilst it will not grant a Vanity set bonus, it may have the possibility to grant many other things. No one knows exactly what STS has in store for us.

Whirlzap
09-03-2012, 07:09 PM
The next Elite Vanity (rewarded for 76 level cap) will be a shield. Whilst it will not grant a Vanity set bonus, it may have the possibility to grant many other things. No one knows exactly what STS has in store for us.
Maybe it's a shield that looks like a pet.

Elyseon
09-03-2012, 07:10 PM
set bonus sparkles with no stats i hope :D

thedream
09-03-2012, 07:53 PM
When I looked at techno emails quote she said there may be a ring with stats. I hope there is some kind of bonus so the people getting the new elite items aren't always at a disadvantage when fighting people with a cop, soh, mfa, bonus.

WoundedEagle
09-03-2012, 08:01 PM
When I looked at techno emails quote she said there may be a ring with stats. I hope there is some kind of bonus so the people getting the new elite items aren't always at a disadvantage when fighting people with a cop, soh, mfa, bonus.

Except the fact that people with CoP, SoH, and MFA will also have the ring :P Boo yah!

Swords
09-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Will the new vanity amour set give bonuses? Or will it just give special features etc.

The next cap vanity would be shield not armor since the pattern was: Helm,shield,armor

But 2 vanity would make a set bonus but the 2nd set of vanity would have different stats than the first set

Capitapy
09-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Hope it would be some vanity set for new spiders, like the dragons at fang

Suentous PO
09-04-2012, 10:45 AM
But 2 vanity would make a set bonus but the 2nd set of vanity would have different stats than the first set

It has changed. No lv cap vanity combo other than the first three will give stat bonus. I believe the wording we got from sts said- it is our intention that new cap vanities will no longer give bonus stats. ( I'll look for real quote later if need be)

Techno Email
09-04-2012, 10:57 AM
It has changed. No lv cap vanity combo other than the first three will give stat bonus. I believe the wording we got from sts said- it is our intention that new cap vanities will no longer give bonus stats. ( I'll look for real quote later if need be)

It is indeed our intention that new cap vanities will no longer give bonus stat's. I'm trying to move over to a system where vanity = vanity (a.k.a no stat.'s). I would definitely like to deal with the legacy stuff. Many discussions are in the works and we will be sure to update you if we decide to pull the trigger on a solution.

Chopper
09-04-2012, 10:57 AM

edited.

Chopper
09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
It is indeed our intention that new cap vanities will no longer give bonus stat's. I'm trying to move over to a system where vanity = vanity (a.k.a no stat.'s). I would definitely like to deal with the legacy stuff. Many discussions are in the works and we will be sure to update you if we decide to pull the trigger on a solution.

What about the loyal customers that feel misled and cheated about the change when STS was profiting from promoting the Mt Fang Armour before Humania release? I dont think anyone has actually ever addressed that issue. A lot of people spent money based on stacking the MFA with the Humania Elite item. And now there is an imbalance with the old Elite items giving set bonuses over players who started playing later.

Techno Email
09-04-2012, 11:36 AM
What about the loyal customers that feel misled and cheated about the change when STS was profiting from promoting the Mt Fang Armour before Humania release? I dont think anyone has actually ever addressed that issue. A lot of people spent money based on stacking the MFA with the Humania Elite item. And now there is an imbalance with the old Elite items giving set bonuses over players who started playing later.

To clarify, "legacy stuff" refers to Fang Armor, etc.

LwMark
09-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Cool cant wait, pull the trigger! When u say vanity = vanity, no stats, well dragons are vanities with stats, we guna see more of that? I was talkin to someone about it yestrday and they said if u do add more sets like dragons , it would only be for looks because u couldnt add higher stats cause they would be better then the elite vanities, and then people would really be maddd

Chopper
09-04-2012, 12:33 PM

ah, thanks for clarifying. Sounds like the consideration is to remove those stats for the old Elite Vanities to make the game fair again?

LwMark
09-04-2012, 12:35 PM

ah, thanks for clarifying. Sounds like the consideration is to remove those stats for the old Elite Vanities to make the game fair again?

From a person who has only the mfa, if u removed the sets bonus from cop soh etc, i would rage,rage

How isnt game fair, they were here, they earned it, good for them, lets move on with what we got

Chopper
09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
From a person who has only the mfa, if u removed the sets bonus from cop soh etc, i would rage,rage

How isnt game fair, they were here, they earned it, good for them, lets move on with what we got

And the people who got the MFA and Humania cap didn't earn it? The problem is the change without advance warning and people were led to believe (based on a 100% history of all previous Elite items giving a bonus et) and spent much money when STS was promoting the MFA HARD during the last two months or so of Fang being the end game. 50hp, etc. is a lot. People are spending 45M for a dragon set that gives, what, 10 dmg? You can see how much of an effect of taking away set bonuses was.

I always thought the new Humania Cap should give the set bonus with the MFA. But if STS wants to level the playing field by taking all set bonuses away from Elites, then i'd be ok with "moving on" as well. So should those people who had their stats bonuses taken away, move on, as you suggest.

Chivalrous
09-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Paying 20m for blue dragon armor here

McBain
09-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I for one am in favor in favor of losing the stats on legacy cap gear, only because it just makes sense that if cap gear is no longer going to give stats, it should apply across the the board and not just to certain items.

LwMark
09-04-2012, 01:38 PM

And the people who got the MFA and Humania cap didn't earn it? The problem is the change without advance warning and people were led to believe (based on a 100% history of all previous Elite items giving a bonus et) and spent much money when STS was promoting the MFA HARD during the last two months or so of Fang being the end game. 50hp, etc. is a lot. People are spending 45M for a dragon set that gives, what, 10 dmg? You can see how much of an effect of taking away set bonuses was.

I always thought the new Humania Cap should give the set bonus with the MFA. But if STS wants to level the playing field by taking all set bonuses away from Elites, then i'd be ok with "moving on" as well. So should those people who had their stats bonuses taken away, move on, as you suggest.

Technoe said shes intrested in givin mfa somethin to it, so im not doubtin we the "mfa onlys" will be left with nothin, i havr faith sts will do somethin for us, they wana make us happy, i assume. And ye im broke now because of dragon armors just to get that lil bonus i dont have, if they give a mfa armor stats soon, i will be gone with the dragon armor, i miss gold coins xp

lUp3
09-04-2012, 01:45 PM
I,d be a little disappointed if the set bonus from Elite vanity is removed. No matter how people achieved it, they did invest a lot of time and money getting there. Many, i believe, would have reached 71 on their chars only because they expected some sort of bonus from the new elite vanity item myself included.

One could argue that removal of set bonus could mean not everyone thrashing their way through to achieve lvl cap. May even revive the old PvE days of sewers.

Whatever decision is taken with regards to the legacy items, I dont mind the removal of stats as much as the removal of the blue glitter I get when I don my CoP and armor

Chopper
09-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Technoe said shes intrested in givin mfa somethin to it, so im not doubtin we the "mfa onlys" will be left with nothin, i havr faith sts will do somethin for us, they wana make us happy, i assume. And ye im broke now because of dragon armors just to get that lil bonus i dont have, if they give a mfa armor stats soon, i will be gone with the dragon armor, i miss gold coins xp

Ah, that might be it too. 50HP is a game changer, which is why i busted my butt grinding to 66 so hard, as did many other people, i expect. When a Yeti hits you and you're staggered at minimum health, the 50HP can give you just enough time to hit a potion or heal skill to survive.

Dynastu
09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I for one am in favor in favor of losing the stats on legacy cap gear, only because it just makes sense that if cap gear is no longer going to give stats, it should apply across the the board and not just to certain items.

Yes.

Choose one:

No stats on any vanities
Continue making vanity sets

I don't like this "in-between" or "inconsistent" business.

Energizeric
09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
As a newer player who only started playing in February, I think they should continue to give bonuses for these types of vanities. However, I don't think the MFA with Humania Monarch Helm should give a bonus. Clearly they do not match and are not part of the same set anymore than a gold dragon armor combined with a green dragon helm should produce a set bonus. MFA was matched with the previous 2 cap vanities to produce a 3 piece set, and the monarch helm together with the next 2 cap vanities should produce a set with bonus. However, in respect to the players who have played the game the longest, I believe the set bonus for the 71, 76 & 81 cap vanities should be less than that of the previous 3 cap vanities, and the 3 following that should be even lower. Players who have played the game longer deserve a slight advantage for their longevity.

Whirlzap
09-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Yes.

Choose one:

No stats on any vanities

Woah bro I collected a SUPER ULTRA RARE SILVER PENNY during the World War!
I bought a super-rare Yu Gi Oh card that's discontinued for 1 million, plus it has 1000 extra ATK on it!!!!!
Oops they just made it available again.

Well it was discontinued. No more of that card will be made, so I guess by your theory all the earlier cards made must be seized by law enforcement and burned.

Boo.

McBain
09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Uhhhhh...huh?

Chopper
09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes.

Choose one:

No stats on any vanities

+1

Make it fair.

Waug
09-05-2012, 12:05 AM
It is indeed our intention that new cap vanities will no longer give bonus stat's. I'm trying to move over to a system where vanity = vanity (a.k.a no stat.'s)

Yeah sure please, that is what vanities meant to be, BUT please dont make it unfair. It should be applicable for all, even for previous level cap vanity set.

A bit difference is acceptable as many others saying but look at the difference its huge, something its like we are fighting with +10 to +15 level at pvp. Is it fair? We are also not new to pl, got mount fang vanity waited a long time for humania.

Haowesie
09-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Wow... I for one who have spent a lot of time and money to get my c.o.p., armour and shield purely for the stat bonus and the hard earned 'elite' status. Taking it away is like me buying a car and getting a lemon -- is STS in the business of selling lemons?

I don't understand why STS can't make a new set of vanity with similar stat bonus as the existing ones to accommodate for the people who missed out. Old timers who choose to grind for these new vanities can then choose between which set to wear, since you can only wear one helm vanity, one armour vanity, etc. at any one time... And this would purely be based on looks depending on people's taste. And hey, wouldn't that be fair for everyone? People who missed out... well, they miss out -- can't bring the past back, so you miss out on the "look"... but give an opportunity to gain stat bonus vanity in the future.

Different sets of vanities that people can choose from (much like the dragon set, except it's specifically for the grinding CAP elite whatchamacallit...) IMHO is the way to go...

My 2 bits.... I'm not a PVP player, but please please please don't take away my stat bonus. :-/

Chopper
09-05-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't understand why STS can't make a new set of vanity with similar stat bonus as the existing ones to accommodate for the people who missed out. Old timers who choose to grind for these new vanities can then choose between which set to wear, since you can only wear one helm vanity, one armour vanity, etc. at any one time... And this would purely be based on looks depending on people's taste. And hey, wouldn't that be fair for everyone? People who missed out... well, they miss out -- can't bring the past back, so you miss out on the "look"... but give an opportunity to gain stat bonus vanity in the future.

Different sets of vanities that people can choose from (much like the dragon set, except it's specifically for the grinding CAP elite whatchamacallit...) IMHO is the way to go...

Again, another reasonable proposal.

Notice how people wanting STS to address/fix the problem seem to be the agreeable ones open to ways to fix it, and those specific posters who have the COP, etc. wanting to lord their fortunate advantage are the ones raging against any change or loss of their advantage? Even though they seem to claim it wont affect them at all, since it's all about skill, right ;)

Techno Email
09-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Don't worry! We will not get rid of your existing elite vanity stat bonuses. But, as I've mentioned I really want to avoid adding any new stat bonuses for vanity sets because I want vanities to allow you to customize your look, without sacrificing stats.

One other thing, just to completely freak you guys out -

I don't know if any of you have read that we're releasing a new elite dungeon...BUT, I can say with a lot of confidence, if you're level 71 when this content comes out, you're going to flip out:topsy_turvy:!!!!

Chopper
09-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Don't worry! We will not get rid of your existing elite vanity stat bonuses. But, as I've mentioned I really want to avoid adding any new stat bonuses for vanity sets because I want vanities to allow you to customize your look, without sacrificing stats.

Thanks for the reply. Although I am not sure how adding 50HP to those people with the MFA and Humania Cap is "sacrificing stats". Isn't that giving them/enhancing the same stats as the old Elite bonuses? You can go ahead and remove them for future items after the Monarch Helm, now that people aren't misled about it, now that it has been officially announced, but i hope you can see what the change did to those who expected the MFA to be wroth something with Humania.

vampinoy
09-05-2012, 10:41 AM

I don't know if any of you have read that we're releasing a new elite dungeon...BUT, I can say with a lot of confidence, if you're level 71 when this content comes out, you're going to flip out:topsy_turvy:!!!!

Sweet! For the record, did any player/s contribute in developing this particular elite dungeon like last time? Should we expect a similar promotional scheme where several players wear the elite weapons for a short period of time? Please let us know in advance at least just this information.

Fncrazy
09-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Except the fact that people with CoP, SoH, and MFA will also have the ring :P Boo yah!

Maybe you can only wear the ring with new vanities? :p

Zeus
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
maybe you can only wear the ring with new vanities? :p

genius!

Energizeric
09-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I think what Techno Email is saying is that she wants players to have some originality. With the old vanities, every player ends up looking the same because nobody wants to give up the bonus. Vanities should be your way of looking original. So maybe the ring idea is a good one. Perhaps the new ring would override any vanity bonus that you have. So you can either get the stat bonus from the ring, or from the older elite vanity set, but not both.

LwMark
09-05-2012, 01:16 PM

This sounds fun! Maybe a valcano helm or somethin diffrent, e x c i t e d !

Dynastu
09-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Woah bro I collected a SUPER ULTRA RARE SILVER PENNY during the World War!
I bought a super-rare Yu Gi Oh card that's discontinued for 1 million, plus it has 1000 extra ATK on it!!!!!
Oops they just made it available again.

Well it was discontinued. No more of that card will be made, so I guess by your theory all the earlier cards made must be seized by law enforcement and burned.

Boo.

Well, while your comparison is somewhat unfair, I still get what you mean... To put it bluntly, yes, precisely... That is indeed what I would like. But.

Since the vanity sets are not sellable, you cannot put a value on the set, while you can with a discontinued coin.

I know that one value is sentimental value, but how do you guys value the stats? Just want to know. Is it an advantage over others?

If you say no to the fact that you enjoy having an advantage over others, then you would not be losing a sentimental value, or the fact that you have bragging rights of owning the sets. If you said yes to enjoying having an advantage, well... That's exactly what we dislike.

Another thing is that you said the coins would be taken and burned. No. The vanity sets are not taken. The stats would be ridden of. It still has its own personal values tied, but it wouldn't have a gold/stat value...

So seeing as that the vanities would not be taken back, the thing that vanity owners seem to refuse to let go of is the stat advantage, and while a common argument is that the stats are a small bonus, why do vanity owners value the stats so highly? 1) Vanity owners know that the stats give an unfair advantage and value this. 2) The stat bonus is insignificant and clearly nobody would care that it was taken away.

So how do you guys value the stats?

Agree with me or disagree with me, the fact that vanity owners are so protective of the stats and the fact that there's a feud over this proves one thing: The stats matter. The decision made matters just as much.

Swords
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM

??. We would be customized with looks AND have extra stats without sacrificing stats

Cahaun
09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Meanwhile, back at the UCS Blackstar, level 41 Toons with both elite vanities have no bonus and are very well still pleased with what they have...
Can't wait to complete the set there. I gave up on the PL end game.

Kaytar
09-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Maybe we can choose the look of our set sparkles for the 71 and 76 bonus. That would be really cool.