PDA

View Full Version : Preview - Return to Basilisk Basin! A relaxing respite on the docks before Ursoth!

Cinco
02-28-2023, 11:37 AM
A storm is coming... and we have a few days before it hits!

Ursoth is on the way to challenge and delight you with his annual 'assault' on the beautiful denizens of Elondria.

Check out the end of this post for teaser pics of new Ursoth vanity armor sets and auras!

Before Ursoth arrives we've got a fun, pro-social minigame event full of fish, elixirs, crafting, fish, more elixirs, a crazy sea captain, unlocked crates, and more fish!

Visit Nevius in Windmoore town to pick up a fishing rod and some bait, then head over to Basilisk Basin to join in the fun!

+ Use bait to cast your rod in Basilisk Basin. Purchase additional bait from Nevius, or defeat bosses around Arlor to collect more.
+ After making a cast with your fishing rod, play a mini-game to capture fish. Lose the game, the fish gets away.

FISHING MINI-GAMES

"BOBBER"

How to play:
BOBBER

Objective: the Bobber is in the middle of the Target Circle when the Timer runs out

+ Tap the 'TAP' button to raise the Bobber into the target circle.
+ If the Bobber is in the target circle when the timer expires, you win!
+ If the Bobber is not in the target circle when the timer expires, the fish gets away.

"BALANCE"

How to play:
BALANCE

Objective: the Needle is in the middle of the Range when the Timer runs out
+ Tap the left or right side 'TAP' buttons to push the Needle towards the center.
+ Continue tapping either button to keep the Needle in the center of the Range.
+ If the needle is in the center when the Timer runs out, you win!
+ If the needle is not in the center of the Range when the Timer runs out, the fish gets away.

"WHACK-A-FIN"

How to play:
WHACK -A-FIN

Objective: tap the Fish Icon and fill the Progress Bar to maximum before the Timer runs out
+ A field of nine (9) squares will appear when this mini-game activates.
+ Above the field of squares you will also see a red Progress Bar.
+ Like all other mini-games, there is a Timer at the top of the screen.
+ Tap on the Fish Icon to fill the Progress Bar.
+ Avoid tapping on the empty icons... tapping on these will cause the Progress Bar to shrink!
+ If the Progress Bar is full when the Timer expires, you win!
+ If the Progress Bar is not full when the Timer expires, the fish gets away.

FISHING Details

- When equipped, your Fishing Rod will show you the amount of Bait that you have left.
- When you run out of Bait, you'll need to buy more from Nevius or loot some by defeating Arlorian bosses.

- A 'rare fish region' will sometimes appear in Basilisk Basin. When it does, fish in that area for a chance to catch the most rare fish and the event crates.

- The 'rare fish region' will disappear after a few minutes and reappear somewhere else after some period of time.

CAP'N MORAY

- When a rare fish region disappears, the greedy "Cap'n Moray" will hop out of the water to antagonize you and your fishing friends.
- Bash Cap'n Moray back into the water to collect some valuable loot, including a special badge:

- Cap'n Moray has special stats so that his encounter is suitable for Standard and Hardcore Legends of all levels!
- Note: Your fishing rod cannot be used to attack Cap'n Moray (you will need to switch weapons and/or use skills)

If Moray hasn't received enough punishment within 2 minutes, he'll retreat back into the water, leaving no loot at all.

Hardcore-Friendly Encounter

- Moray will try to push you around and might stun you but his griefing doesn't cause any damage, so messing with him is Hardcore friendly!

Sunken Furniture

+ Find something a little different on your line? Add some unconventional decor to your home by reeling in a Soggy Boot, Captain's Wheel, or Rusty Barrel

Event Crates and Crafting

Be on the lookout for the new and hard-to-catch Arcane fish the Flitcher! This rare catch contains Arcane Fish Oil Damage and Experience Elixirs as well as Arcane Gears for Levels 76 and 81!

There are 2 event crates you can collect by fishing during the event:

Cap'n Moray's Broken Strong Box

this rare pouch contains all the great loot of a locked crate. Let's hope your pirates were successful in finding their booty!

Unlocked - free to open!

The Cap'n Moray's Strongbox contains some impressive loot indeed!

Locked - 5 Platinum to open.

Guaranteed loot! Unlock Cap'N Moray's Strongbox to increment the guaranteed loot counter (shared with the Massive Locked crate you'll find in the Store).

Open these for a chance to collect Level 81 Arcanes and Mythics, gold up to 1,000,000, platinum up to 150, along with the recipes for a variety of fish oil elixirs that can be crafted from the fish you catch!

FISH OIL ELIXIRS

These elixirs will grant temporary buffs to boost your power, XP, and more when you return to Arlor!

Tame Terracuda:
+50% Damage for 10 mins
Enraged Terracuda:
+75% Damage for 5 mins
Karkar:
+100% Damage for 5 mins

Levia:
4x XP for 5 mins
Mindwarp Octosyn:
3x XP for 5 mins
Octosyn:
2x XP for 10 mins

Zodias Companion Elixir:
Receive 1 Pet Level-Up Ticket

These 'burst' Elixirs all stack, and they all count down everywhere - so use them strategically to get the most out of their effects.

FISHING REEL WAX

Increase your chance of looting the most rare fish (and crates) by using "Reel Wax" on your fishing rod!

Reel Wax components can be looted from monsters throughout the realm.

The Recipe can be purchased from Nevius (and is not consumed when crafting).

Store Sales

Don't forget to keep an eye on the store for some special sales. Throughout the event we'll offer limited quantities of the Pirate Lord's Hidden Hoard (3x Pulls on the Pirate Lord's Loot!)

Happy Fishing, Legends!

What's Next?

As we alluded, Ursoth is right around the corner with some new vanities and pets reminiscent of an ancient Arlorian civilization...

The time to relax and prepare is NOW!

Ray Aka Rarclegend
03-01-2023, 11:49 AM
How long this one takes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lim Weibin
03-01-2023, 11:53 AM
Meh was expecting ursoth for this week but okay.

Switchback
03-01-2023, 11:54 AM
It is just so boring and such a waste of time.

Observing
03-01-2023, 11:56 AM
This fishing event is really boring, thought we'd get ursoth this week

Legolasn
03-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Wasnt there a lb for this event?

dmqp
03-01-2023, 11:58 AM
Interesting pet design on last pic. Ty

Shadowarchers
03-01-2023, 12:00 PM
No leaderboard?

Sent from my 220333QAG using Tapatalk

Oakmaiden
03-01-2023, 12:01 PM
Added boss is interesting, repeated furniture not. Kinda like the rogue Armor, the helm is a bit too much. Feels sorry for warriors face dangle. Mage set looks good. An easy week.

Neutrone
03-01-2023, 12:16 PM
Whoever added bangles on the rogue armour should get a bonus, liking those new vanities. Anyway for furniture..... Could we get a whole pirate ship [emoji117] [emoji118]? Like a really big one. Like a life sized version of the gryphon maybe?

I propose this because no one ever uses those furniture pieces, I was kinda excited for new furniture :/

Kairihearts
03-01-2023, 12:31 PM
Another dead week oh well time to focus on some other game then sry cinco xd

Statsonly
03-01-2023, 12:31 PM
The war/rogue set is for all classes? I love those😊

Jemstroyer
03-01-2023, 12:36 PM
3 weeks mini events. Should be ursoth then mini event. Where's meade march/peylon event

Observing
03-01-2023, 12:40 PM
And please improve the mage vanity, make fire come out of the mouth or head

Sakura Bushido
03-01-2023, 12:57 PM
Will we be seeing visuals for rogue and mage?

mamaubear
03-01-2023, 12:57 PM
Wew that mage vanity :o
The best i can see!!!

Aeri
03-01-2023, 01:05 PM
wait how long is this event? 1 week?

nathan2693
03-01-2023, 01:10 PM
It would've been better if it was a grinder's day event or just add the splitting of auras and wisps rather than another luck based fishing event but still thank you.

Also, please add a mini event for March 14,2023 in case you guys are still busy designing vanities, etc for Ursoth Event.

snakeeyes
03-01-2023, 01:14 PM
Wowowow nice teaser of beautiful aura love it 😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰

nathan2693
03-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Also, i wanna say great job on designing the mage's LB vanity this time but i think you should add a lil effects in it. Maybe the mouth should have a fire breathing effect same goes to the warrior's armor. And for rogue I'd say the bangle bracelet or the round earrings should have a white glowing effect in it

Oakmaiden
03-01-2023, 01:21 PM
Less is more on the helm and green/teal highlights on armor is more aesthetically pleasing, plz plz plz....

Pineapple
03-01-2023, 01:30 PM
Temple vibes

yerrisin
03-01-2023, 01:30 PM
finally good vanitys in ursoth[emoji91][emoji869]

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

Ahmet Koçyiğit
03-01-2023, 01:31 PM
Cool

SM-M315F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

yerrisin
03-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Also, i wanna say great job on designing the mage's LB vanity this time but i think you should add a lil effects in it. Maybe the mouth should have a fire breathing effect same goes to the warrior's armor. And for rogue I'd say the bangle bracelet or the round earrings should have a white glowing effect in ityes. something like that

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

Sakurakixazz
03-01-2023, 01:51 PM
Less is more on the helm and green/teal highlights on armor is more aesthetically pleasing, plz plz plz....

^^^ yes totally agree!!! I would prefer it like this!

Statsonly
03-01-2023, 02:18 PM
Why can't we have a skin tone color on mage? Geez

Monelgr
03-01-2023, 02:48 PM
Dont forget to update the road map

presp600
03-01-2023, 03:34 PM
flitcher drops all kraken gears?

Sakura Bushido
03-01-2023, 03:52 PM
Then looks like green balsack ntyy

Megatr0n
03-01-2023, 04:49 PM
those auras are sick

ogpurp
03-01-2023, 05:39 PM
Thank you Cinco. Once again you have outdone yourself. I love the events and I love the amount of effort and determination.

I love that I see the feedback taken seriously

I can't wait to see what this brings. I love the sneak peak of the auras oh my gosh. So sick.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

villamuktiindriyanto
03-01-2023, 05:41 PM
is there any rare vanity/gear (which can be converted to vanity) here too?

Anehazaz
03-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Also, i wanna say great job on designing the mage's LB vanity this time but i think you should add a lil effects in it. Maybe the mouth should have a fire breathing effect same goes to the warrior's armor. And for rogue I'd say the bangle bracelet or the round earrings should have a white glowing effect in it
Where did it say Lb vanity? I just saw new vanities for Ursoth event.

Jiubara
03-01-2023, 06:17 PM
@asommers, is there any way to loot the recipes for the elixirs besides from lockeds?

Tampia
03-01-2023, 06:38 PM
Why can't we have a skin tone color on mage? Geez

I know right xD +1

Upgrad
03-01-2023, 07:24 PM
Good event for Farm, i like more ursoth... Come Farm guys!!

championboost
03-01-2023, 07:30 PM
big L
we wanted ursoth

gianthills
03-01-2023, 07:41 PM
A storm is coming... and we have a few days before it hits!

Ursoth is on the way to challenge and delight you with his annual 'assault' on the beautiful denizens of Elondria.

Check out the end of this post for teaser pics of new Ursoth vanity armor sets and auras!

Before Ursoth arrives we've got a fun, pro-social minigame event full of fish, elixirs, crafting, fish, more elixirs, a crazy sea captain, unlocked crates, and more fish!

Visit Nevius in Windmoore town to pick up a fishing rod and some bait, then head over to Basilisk Basin to join in the fun!

+ Use bait to cast your rod in Basilisk Basin. Purchase additional bait from Nevius, or defeat bosses around Arlor to collect more.
+ After making a cast with your fishing rod, play a mini-game to capture fish. Lose the game, the fish gets away.

FISHING MINI-GAMES

"BOBBER"

How to play:
BOBBER

Objective: the Bobber is in the middle of the Target Circle when the Timer runs out

+ Tap the 'TAP' button to raise the Bobber into the target circle.
+ If the Bobber is in the target circle when the timer expires, you win!
+ If the Bobber is not in the target circle when the timer expires, the fish gets away.

"BALANCE"

How to play:
BALANCE

Objective: the Needle is in the middle of the Range when the Timer runs out
+ Tap the left or right side 'TAP' buttons to push the Needle towards the center.
+ Continue tapping either button to keep the Needle in the center of the Range.
+ If the needle is in the center when the Timer runs out, you win!
+ If the needle is not in the center of the Range when the Timer runs out, the fish gets away.

"WHACK-A-FIN"

How to play:
WHACK -A-FIN

Objective: tap the Fish Icon and fill the Progress Bar to maximum before the Timer runs out
+ A field of nine (9) squares will appear when this mini-game activates.
+ Above the field of squares you will also see a red Progress Bar.
+ Like all other mini-games, there is a Timer at the top of the screen.
+ Tap on the Fish Icon to fill the Progress Bar.
+ Avoid tapping on the empty icons... tapping on these will cause the Progress Bar to shrink!
+ If the Progress Bar is full when the Timer expires, you win!
+ If the Progress Bar is not full when the Timer expires, the fish gets away.

FISHING Details

- When equipped, your Fishing Rod will show you the amount of Bait that you have left.
- When you run out of Bait, you'll need to buy more from Nevius or loot some by defeating Arlorian bosses.

- A 'rare fish region' will sometimes appear in Basilisk Basin. When it does, fish in that area for a chance to catch the most rare fish and the event crates.

- The 'rare fish region' will disappear after a few minutes and reappear somewhere else after some period of time.

CAP'N MORAY

- When a rare fish region disappears, the greedy "Cap'n Moray" will hop out of the water to antagonize you and your fishing friends.
- Bash Cap'n Moray back into the water to collect some valuable loot, including a special badge:

- Cap'n Moray has special stats so that his encounter is suitable for Standard and Hardcore Legends of all levels!
- Note: Your fishing rod can be used to attack Cap'n Moray (and it will do as much damage to him per hit as your most powerful weapon).

If Moray hasn't received enough punishment within 2 minutes, he'll retreat back into the water, leaving no loot at all.

Hardcore-Friendly Encounter

- Moray will try to push you around and might stun you but his griefing doesn't cause any damage, so messing with him is Hardcore friendly!

Sunken Furniture

+ Find something a little different on your line? Add some unconventional decor to your home by reeling in a Soggy Boot, Captain's Wheel, or Rusty Barrel

Event Crates and Crafting

Be on the lookout for the new and hard-to-catch Arcane fish the Flitcher! This rare catch contains Arcane Fish Oil Damage and Experience Elixirs as well as Arcane Gears for Levels 76 and 81!

There are 2 event crates you can collect by fishing during the event:

Cap'n Moray's Broken Strong Box

this rare pouch contains all the great loot of a locked crate. Let's hope your pirates were successful in finding their booty!

Unlocked - free to open!

The Cap'n Moray's Strongbox contains some impressive loot indeed!

Locked - 5 Platinum to open.

Guaranteed loot! Unlock Cap'N Moray's Strongbox to increment the guaranteed loot counter (shared with the Massive Locked crate you'll find in the Store).

Open these for a chance to collect Level 81 Arcanes and Mythics, gold up to 1,000,000, platinum up to 150, along with the recipes for a variety of fish oil elixirs that can be crafted from the fish you catch!

FISH OIL ELIXIRS

These elixirs will grant temporary buffs to boost your power, XP, and more when you return to Arlor!

Tame Terracuda:
+50% Damage for 10 mins
Enraged Terracuda:
+75% Damage for 5 mins
Karkar:
+100% Damage for 5 mins

Levia:
4x XP for 5 mins
Mindwarp Octosyn:
3x XP for 5 mins
Octosyn:
2x XP for 10 mins

Zodias Companion Elixir:
Receive 1 Pet Level-Up Ticket

These 'burst' Elixirs all stack, and they all count down everywhere - so use them strategically to get the most out of their effects.

FISHING REEL WAX

Increase your chance of looting the most rare fish (and crates) by using "Reel Wax" on your fishing rod!

Reel Wax components can be looted from monsters throughout the realm.

The Recipe can be purchased from Nevius (and is not consumed when crafting).

Store Sales

Don't forget to keep an eye on the store for some special sales. Throughout the event we'll offer limited quantities of the Pirate Lord's Hidden Hoard (3x Pulls on the Pirate Lord's Loot!)

Happy Fishing, Legends!

What's Next?

As we alluded, Ursoth is right around the corner with some new vanities and pets reminiscent of an ancient Arlorian civilization...

The time to relax and prepare is NOW!what will be the percentage chance of getting a level 81 item in arcane fish and unlock crate? Is this event supposed to lower the prices of level 81 arcane items? it would be good to have prior transparency at least

Enviado de meu moto g(8) usando o Tapatalk

Advocacies
03-01-2023, 07:49 PM
Ursoth delayed so 2 weeks please give a better tier rewards

Elec
03-01-2023, 09:22 PM
Rogue and mage vanities look awesome.
Thank helm is...aw.

Hamsoloroguer
03-01-2023, 09:42 PM
Good week off is said in ursoth I love the mage I hope to have it

Megatr0n
03-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Cinco can you add some level 1 equipment in this event plz

Pars
03-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Please put gloves on the new vanities..

SM-A315F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Dashie
03-01-2023, 11:11 PM

Where it is written that, the vanity available as LB rewards?

Dashie
03-01-2023, 11:13 PM
How long this one takes ?

3 weeks mini events. Should be ursoth then mini event. Where's meade march/peylon event

It is for one week only.

Rawacubluk
03-02-2023, 12:16 AM
Wedos gibas event ursot di tunda, cinco asu

Advocacies
03-02-2023, 05:44 AM
Please improve tier rewards for upcoming Ursoth previous energy tier events rewards we're underwhelming seeing Ursoth being delayed 2 weeks i have high hopes for better tier rewards

Bound aura as reward would be nice like

Redrose / Deathstalker aura

Jeboyuitbeek
03-02-2023, 05:49 AM
***Tradeable aura for plat tiet would be nice***

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Jiubara
03-02-2023, 05:56 AM
@asommers, is there any way to loot the recipes for the elixirs besides from lockeds?

like can we catch them (fishing) or loot them from the boss?

Oakmaiden
03-02-2023, 06:04 AM
No spirit xp, pet level tickets or event lix as a reward either... banner, pet, vanity, jewel, gem or hey how about platinum, yah platinum for tier rewards.

danialazhad63
03-02-2023, 07:47 AM
finally there's hardcore friendly event

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Jacobwk02
03-02-2023, 10:08 AM
What all can you loot from captain moray besides the badge?

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Copycode
03-02-2023, 10:32 AM
Sad there is no LB this time

Santagato23
03-02-2023, 03:05 PM
Fix Boss Please

Switchback
03-02-2023, 03:09 PM
The encounters where we only do 1 damage per hit are annoying enough, no need to make them heal. Players leech as always so the boss should be killable by a handful of players......

asommers
03-02-2023, 03:23 PM
Moray doesn't die, when his hit points reach a threshold, he will run to the end of the pier, award loot, and then jump into the water.

He also doesn't heal, that's a visual bug when he switches to invulnerable before jumping off the pier. I'll get that fixed.

Looks like you also won't get kill credit unless you attack him with the fishing rod. I'll also get that fixed.

-ALS

intruders
03-02-2023, 03:43 PM
When I try to hit the boss with my rod it tries to cast it instead of hitting the boss.

Bameely
03-02-2023, 03:47 PM
Moray doesn't die, when his hit points reach a threshold, he will run to the end of the pier, award loot, and then jump into the water.

He also doesn't heal, that's a visual bug when he switches to invulnerable before jumping off the pier. I'll get that fixed.

Looks like you also won't get kill credit unless you attack him with the fishing rod. I'll also get that fixed.

-ALS

Can't hit boss while holding the rod.

asommers
03-02-2023, 03:59 PM
When I try to hit the boss with my rod it tries to cast it instead of hitting the boss.

Just tested this and you're probably out of range. It does have a short range.

-ALS

intruders
03-02-2023, 04:36 PM
Just tested this and you're probably out of range. It does have a short range.
You are right.

However, few notes:
- in order to get bait loot from the boss (not sure if anything else drops apart from badge and bait) looks like you have to fight using rod only
- while fighting the boss close to the fishing area it casts therefore waste of baits
- if we aren't supposed to use regular weapons and only rod then it would be better to lock in rod when we enter the zone

Thanks!

asommers
03-02-2023, 05:20 PM
Break in thread for latest update (link (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?681961-2023-03-02-Content-Update-(300192))).

-ALS

Aux
03-02-2023, 07:03 PM
me parece muy buena la skin del mago

Megatr0n
03-03-2023, 04:39 AM
just an idea . maybe during fishin event to keep people fishin , a leaderboard for who gets the most catches in a row ..

eg 100 catches in a row , until you fail to and lose a fish your streak is reset to zero . but only your highest streak is recorded ..

Redjellydonut
03-03-2023, 11:36 AM
They said leaderboards not even worth it for this event, here nabs start fishing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

unawauzideee
03-03-2023, 05:01 PM
Ez money for begginers

Observing
03-03-2023, 10:09 PM
Grinders event was better

Motchi143
03-04-2023, 12:56 AM
Is this also in ursoth vanity?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230304/5f9e31142d292749435620a0ee053d9a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230304/3bdeb0ec6df5b2f582994fb1d462fec6.jpg

Sent from my V2036 using Tapatalk

Jiubara
03-04-2023, 11:32 AM
@cinco @asommers
I was wondering how the loot inside the strong box work after the event (5plats to open)
They contain many recipe which have a countdown and im assuming they get removed from our inventory such as everything before that had a countdown.
So my question is what if we open these crates, due to hoarding, in few weeks will we get nothing instead of the recipe or will they be out of the crates?

illr
03-04-2023, 12:18 PM
@Cinco @asommers

why every time Cap'n Moray's appears the player is leaving just to get a chest?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Statsonly
03-04-2023, 01:16 PM
Is this also in ursoth vanity?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230304/5f9e31142d292749435620a0ee053d9a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230304/3bdeb0ec6df5b2f582994fb1d462fec6.jpg

Sent from my V2036 using Tapatalk

Goes with the theme so i would say yes