PDA

View Full Version : elite dungeon

LwMark
09-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Is the current one stayin or is it gettin filled up with sand?

I keep hearin they takin it away...

Ik a new dungeon is on its way

But are you guys keepin all the elite dungeons?

Maybe the next elite dungeon will drop armors?

Which make a set with the current dungeon

Are these like the new elite sets?

xcainnblecterx
09-04-2012, 08:06 AM
elite armor+elite weps =elite complaints of, "it's to op nurf it now"threads. I personally think it's a good idea you have there mark. Hopefully it doesn't get taken out. Only sts knows though

Sim Jing
09-04-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm not so sure to tell you the truth. Maybe the devs would share some light on that matter.

Pakax
09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Since this new dungeon has been ear marked "elite" and will be for 71+s only, one would hope it will drop scaled armors and helms to compliment the marlin, some wooden naval wear and helms to compliments the blaster and well, something to compliment the staff, like some proper Tahiti closing or something. I am thinking Josephine Baker banana belts here :-)
That'd be awsome, but I guess only future will tell.

ZHEOTARE
09-04-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm assuming it's going away based on this...

I would like to keep the dungeon around, rather than take it away. However, I'd like to reserve these exclusive, and extremely rare, weapon drops to this level cap. You can farm them and get them now, but I will treat them like a collectors item.

Techno Email
09-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm assuming it's going away based on this...

The release of the new elite dungeon will not affect the existing elite dungeon. The existing dungeon will not go away just because the new one is coming out. Prior statements regarding the eventual future of the existing elite dungeon still apply, but I can tell you it's not going away with the new elite dungeon release.

Will the items for the new elite dungeon be different? YES. Will the new elite dungeon include exclusive gear or weapons? I...I don't know. Oh no, my memory...it's failing me! Oh well. I bet SamHayne will have some news for you guys this week.

Suentous PO
09-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Thx Techno, your pretty durned cool!

ZHEOTARE
09-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I should have said I assumed it was going away when new cap comes out.

Thanks for clarifying Techno

LwMark
09-04-2012, 11:21 AM
So it is goin away? Just not yet?

Techno Email
09-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm not exactly sure what we're going to do with the elite Humania bossfight dungeon when we raise the level cap again. You won't be able to acquire those particular Elite items anymore.

We're thinking of making the new Elite dungeon more like an event. If we do, the dungeon itself would go away. Either way, you won't be able to acquire those particular Elite items after the next level cap raise.

As I mentioned before, I want to treat the elite weapons like collector's edition items - the "Original", the "real McCoy"... You get the picture. ;)

LwMark
09-04-2012, 11:58 AM
You should make ALL elite dungrons go away after each cap, so u r sayin ur not sure about humania but the new one comin soon is guna be like a event? Or just all of them r guna b like events? An evebtually removed

Megabird56
09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Elite item hoarding will be a problem soon.

LwMark
09-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Elite item hoarding will be a problem soon.

Buyem or farm while u can

Chopper
09-04-2012, 02:04 PM

meh, their stats are still pretty unimpressive and the ESB kills your teammates, getting you booted from games so, not sure how much value they should have. But then again, just being limited seems to make people crazy with prices. I wonder what would happen if they discontinued torches? Would they go for $5M+?

Libria
09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Also, can Mages and Bears have weapon drops that obliterate our party so we, too, can get booted like Birds? :p

Patricks
09-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I thought one of the benefits of capping to 71 would be forever exclusive access to elite dungeon (with the associated elite farming privileges) instead of vanity bonus, but i guess not?

LwMark
09-04-2012, 02:13 PM

meh, their stats are still pretty unimpressive and the ESB kills your teammates, getting you booted from games so, not sure how much value they should have. But then again, just being limited seems to make people crazy with prices. I wonder what would happen if they discontinued torches? Would they go for $5M+?

They dont go for 5m+ already?

Or should it be only if y have monarch helm u can enter the hole?

ZHEOTARE
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I thought one of the benefits of capping to 71 would be forever exclusive access to elite dungeon (with the associated elite farming privileges) instead of vanity bonus, but i guess not?

While I agree with your sentiments, it would lead to the same whining and gripes that we have now over the Founders, CoP, SoH, and MFA.

CrimsonTider
09-04-2012, 04:16 PM
While I agree with your sentiments, it would lead to the same whining and gripes that we have now over the Founders, CoP, SoH, and MFA.

We are at a time in this community where whining is going to occur with anything STS does: good or bad.

Sad but true.

Wrath
09-04-2012, 04:37 PM
"Or should it be only if y have monarch helm u can enter the hole?"...tears... bahahahahahahahahahha

LwMark
09-04-2012, 04:50 PM
"Or should it be only if y have monarch helm u can enter the hole?"...tears... bahahahahahahahahahha

Im sayin cause after 71 cap is gone people will be 71 but ur right u have to have it in stash regardless, so i stand corrected

Patricks
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I took issue with mystery mash because it basically wasn't playable without thrashers.

Without full party elixirs the mystery mash is the HARDEST map in the game to clear

With full party elixirs the mystery mash is the EASIEST map in the game to clear.

None of the huge difficulty in that map (no potions, boss totem healing, skeleton spawns, need to perform mega combo) even exists for a thrasher party.

I support elixir use for sure, but the disparity in that particular map is too great.

Hopefully the new elite dungeon will resolve this issue and be more playable.

LwMark
09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
A friend in game just said, welocme back valcano helm! Sam did say it will probably make a welcome back in future :)

Energizeric
09-04-2012, 08:16 PM
A friend in game just said, welocme back valcano helm! Sam did say it will probably make a welcome back in future :)

Actually, it sounds like it would go with this theme.

McBain
09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Must.....have......volcano helm! I was so pissed when they changed it from being the cap vanity.

slaveleia
09-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Must.....have......volcano helm! I was so pissed when they changed it from being the cap vanity.
Same here! I was begging for this...don't grovel much but I wanted it. Missed it by a day, wasn't in a hurry I mean it was the first week you know? I was ready to buy it at whatever cost...I told the devs :-/

vampinoy
09-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Well let me see...it's been around 2 1/2 months since I got mine...I'm already satisfied with my volcano helm. I'm tired of getting flooded with PM's about it. Let's see if they relaunch it, either way would be fine with me already :P It looks like the helm was suited for this campaign's theme after all, maybe this volcano helm will sort of create a proc ability with firestorm as what Techno Email said in the past. All about fire, I hope they release more than the volcano helm...maybe volcano armor or shield...a set of volcanos sounds epic :P

The Flash
09-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Same here! I was begging for this...don't grovel much but I wanted it. Missed it by a day, wasn't in a hurry I mean it was the first week you know? I was ready to buy it at whatever cost...I told the devs :-/

What if they made volcano helm the lv71 elite helm and the monarch helm take the spot of the volcano helm as beeing for the truly elite grinders that got it on the 1st 3 days.

People that have the volcono helm worked harder then those that dont have it.

I hit 71 after 23hrs, 7th overall, 1st to hit cap grinding humania (not mega maze, hidden passage ect...). It seem the least we can get is this unexpected gift. I had to call off work which set me back on my track workouts.

slaveleia
09-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah Flash you really did put the effort in then if you grinded the actual new campaign to reach cap because it's a lot harder to do it that way then how most just burn platinum up in magic castle or mega maze. Now every cap is gonna be where ppl level with exp enabler which doesn't seem right. Should be actually be running the new map & farming/experiencing the new content.

Patricks
09-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm not exactly sure what we're going to do with the elite Humania bossfight dungeon when we raise the level cap again. You won't be able to acquire those particular Elite items anymore.

We're thinking of making the new Elite dungeon more like an event. If we do, the dungeon itself would go away. Either way, you won't be able to acquire those particular Elite items after the next level cap raise.

As I mentioned before, I want to treat the elite weapons like collector's edition items - the "Original", the "real McCoy"... You get the picture. ;)

Will the mystery magic mirror disappear with the elite items?

Whirlzap
09-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Will the mystery magic mirror disappear with the elite items?

No more Humania faces...I'm SOOO sad...

Lol.

But I will actually miss the surgically implanted COP birdy Humania face.