PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: allow game creator to toggle game options for level requirements

setec
04-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Since the Devs don't want to restrict people from going to any map they paid for even if they are level 1 (and I understand this reasoning), the Devs don't want to put min level restrictions on maps. They don't want to do it game wide.

So, why not add an option when creating a game that you can set a minimum level for that game? This way if you don't care if there are lower level chars in there because you could give a crap or maybe you have a buddy new to the game tagging along with you, then you don't set this option.

If you are in the upper maps and want to set a min lvl of 25, great.

If you want an all lvl 30 experience to test how fast everyone goes through all at 30, great.

Maybe you want to help the poor leechers and you call your game Leechers Welcome and don't set the min lvl option.

If this was set for each game, then you would know going in that you didn't have to kick every level 4 that pops in. You've already set the min requirements.

The player attempting to join the game should be told why the join failed if there was the level requirement toggled on and what level he/she needed to be. In addition, I guess there should be a min lvl=xx on the game join screen.

Anyway, just a thought.

Shebee
04-21-2010, 01:51 AM
I agree, i want my buddies to be able to play with me, and i want to be able to boost my guildies etc.

Cooz
04-21-2010, 03:42 AM
Yes, this option should've been there from the start :)

_ck
04-21-2010, 06:29 AM
I've been saying this exact thing all along. A minimum join level option when starting a new game. You can only join if you are that level or higher.

setec
04-21-2010, 06:33 AM
So you did and I missed it:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?470-Please-be-fair-level-limits-to-enter-map-required&p=2674&viewfull=1#post2674

Shebee
04-21-2010, 06:43 AM
I've been saying this exact thing all along. A minimum join level option when starting a new game. You can only join if you are that level or higher.

Thats not what he said.
He said to be able to have an option.

_ck
04-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Yes, and you totally stole it! Kidding. ;)

I'm just glad others are agreeing with it. It'd be so easy to then start a new game and not have to worry about leechers or low-levels (low-lifes, haha) joining. This could easily show in the game selection list too, though unlike your suggestion, I think if a game has a minimum join level that is above your current level, the level number currently in place would display in red. If you still try to join it you'd get a notice saying you can't.

_ck
04-21-2010, 06:47 AM
Thats not what he said.
He said to be able to have an option.

Which is what I said, but not in as many words. You click start a new game, and on that page you'd have the OPTION to select a minimum join level, then no one under that level can join your game.