PDA

View Full Version : Two filters is redundant

bronislav84
09-04-2012, 01:41 PM
The stash having two filters is redundant, since they both filter the same if you choose a category on either. Please just let the one on the right filter both and remove the new one.

Also this way there's more scrolling room on the left.

Thank you.

akfury
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
umm on top right theres little button in the stash page click it

bronislav84
09-05-2012, 08:49 AM
You mean above the left filter? Yeah that just controls if the stash shows all or not.

What I'm saying is that when that box is not checked, tapping on either stash filter or inventory filter filters both inventory and stash, so why not just have one filter in general and filter both? Saves screen space. I'm playing on a phone and the stash space has become tiny.

akfury
09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
You mean above the left filter? Yeah that just controls if the stash shows all or not.

What I'm saying is that when that box is not checked, tapping on either stash filter or inventory filter filters both inventory and stash, so why not just have one filter in general and filter both? Saves screen space. I'm playing on a phone and the stash space has become tiny.

i play on a ipod... dont complain about tiny lol

bronislav84
09-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Ok? I play on a MT4G. Screen is about as small if not smaller man.

I need a new phone and mom is in no hurry to go and claim our upgrade.

Deathpunch
09-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok? I play on a MT4G. Screen is about as small if not smaller man.

I need a new phone and mom is in no hurry to go and claim our upgrade.

Lol, mt4g has about an 8% larger screen than an iPod touch. 3.8 inches vs. 3.5 inches. Still, it's pretty small.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

bronislav84
09-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the info Death. I knew it was somewhere in that ballpark.

I wouldn't mind the second filter so much if it didn't kill the shown stash lines from 5 to 3 with the filter being there now.

Deathpunch
09-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info Death. I knew it was somewhere in that ballpark.

I wouldn't mind the second filter so much if it didn't kill the shown stash lines from 5 to 3 with the filter being there now.

Well, if you're waiting on your upgrade, you maybe can pick up a nexus 7. $200 will get you a 7" tegra 3 device. I love mine. Wifi only, though.

-----

bronislav84
09-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Going from a phone to a tablet. Which company are you on that does that? Also I wanted one, but then finding out that it has no SD killed it for me.

I will wait for the Transformer AIO in December. Been waiting, unless you have a better suggestion or it's not worth it. No idea of it can get a keyboard like the other Transformers. All I know is it docks to a stand that makes it into a touch screen Windows 8 computer.

Deathpunch
09-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Nexus 7 isn't on a carrier. You just buy it straight up. Admittedly, I thought the storage would be an issue, but I snagged a 16 gb model, all my music was moved to the cloud and I use play music for that. Unless you have a ton of movies that you want to keep locally, you can use the cloud storage for movies you buy from the play market. I don't think I've even used 4gb of storage yet, and I believe there is a piece you can buy that lets you use USB thumb drives for storage, too. Haven't really looked into it, either. I don't have a ton of media that I want to keep local.
Also, even though its made by Asus, there isn't a keyboard dock for it, though it has Bluetooth and you could probably pair a Bluetooth keyboard to it and use that.

-----

bronislav84
09-09-2012, 08:30 AM
I meant a literal upgrade, as in cheaper half off or more phone.

I have a lot of pictures I keep on SD, as well as some "backup copies" of games from old systems. So basically, all the apps that use SD storage will break, and there is no keyboard dock. This tablet isn't for me I think, although the price is nice.

Death do you know anything about the TF AIO? I haven't been able to find much info on it.

Deathpunch
09-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I meant a literal upgrade, as in cheaper half off or more phone.

I have a lot of pictures I keep on SD, as well as some "backup copies" of games from old systems. So basically, all the apps that use SD storage will break, and there is no keyboard dock. This tablet isn't for me I think, although the price is nice.

Death do you know anything about the TF AIO? I haven't been able to find much info on it.

Pictures: dropbox gives you 2gb free storage, Google drive gives you 5gb free. Also no need to worry about your SD card dying and erasing yer pictures. You should consider this no matter what else you decide to do. I don't know if you've ever been the victim of a dead hard drive, but I have, and because I had no backup anywhere I lost the first 3 years worth of pictures of my oldest daughter. No fun. The beautiful thing about those two apps is you can log into it from any device, tablet, or PC and upload, download, add, remove, or view anything you have stored there. You can also upload your backups to them, freeing SD card space.

As for the tablet you're asking about, no, I don't know anything about t. Sorry.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

HunterSLAYER
09-09-2012, 09:37 AM
The Nexus 7 is a good alternative to a phone upgrade if you don't want to spend a trillion dollars on the latest phones like the S3 :D

Sent from my HTC One X via Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

bronislav84
09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Yup, I have a paperweight on my table right now. The dead hard drive that has all the stuff from my first and second computers. I plan to go to a recovery place eventually to get stuff off it.

Getting a tablet really isn't a good fix to the lack of screen space though. I'd rather STS fix the filter to work either how I suggested or shrink it and give us more screen space on the left on smaller devices.

Can't wait for my S3 already, and mom is dragging out going just to torture me. :( It's going to be about half off I think. Never had an upgrade from a smartphone to a smartphone, only from a dumb phone to a smartphone. They gave me this one for like half off (maybe?) and mom's was entirely free.

At least I got the h19txt Motorola today to satate me for a bit.

SkillFullGamer
09-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I liked the original (simple ) stash!

flashbackflip
09-11-2012, 02:53 AM
I liked the original (simple ) stash!

new one is more easy to navigate but if you want old one just override new settings with checking an option 'Show all'

also - i totally support what Bronislav have said. 2 same filters are redundant indeed.. i hope someone at STS have heard a 'usability' word so they will fix it

bronislav84
09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks Flip. Maybe they could do it the DL way? One filter filters both inventory and stash. There just isn't a box for show all in stash, but that's what I meant. If both filters do the exact same thing we don't need two, just one. All it's doing is taking away screen space.