PDA

View Full Version : Define 'several' please.

Bless
09-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I was reading the new elite dungeon thread and Sanhayne wrote and i quote
To be clear, the level cap raise to 76 is still several weeks away. so Sam please define 'several weeks'

I'm getting the idea that L76 cap is going to release quite too early.

Ty :3

Chopper
09-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I was reading the new elite dungeon thread and Sanhayne wrote and i quote so Sam please define 'several weeks'

I'm getting the idea that L76 cap is going to release quite too early.

Ty :3

several usually means three or more, but not a lot. Perhaps less than 10.

Lowlyspy
09-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Patience you must have, mmm yes.

Suentous PO
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
As much as I also would love an exact time and date, normally STS does not give exact info because if that changes ppl could be upset, and anything could happen to effect the release. Of course I don't work for them, but every new cap a few threads are made asking this, so don't be upset if you don't get an answer. I'd love to be wrong so I can plan on calling out work that day tho >=]

Bless
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Patience you must have, mmm yes. O.o this thread is nothing to do with patience its actually the opposite. I think its quite early...

Frealaf
09-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Several is an adjective and is defined as:

being more than two but fewer than many in number

hope that answered your question

vampinoy
09-05-2012, 12:33 PM
I was so bored in waiting for Humania that I actually took my time in taking down notes on stuff leading up to Humania...(I think I missed the final thread titled "Humania will be launched as early as June 19", because I thought it wasn't really much of a note at that point, the real thing was coming anyway :P)

1. The First Contact. When Humania was first mentioned/hinted in a thread by a Dev. (Feb 17,2012). Mt. Fang was around 3 months old by this time.

2. The Official "Coming Soon" Thread. (April 27/28, 2012)

3. Weapon Contest. (May 1-June 1,2012)

4. Announcement on Achievements. (June 9,2012)

5. HUMANIA Arrives! (June 20,2012)

That's approximately 4 months (16weeks) from the time the expansion was first hinted officially in a thread by a Dev for a total of approx 7 month between Mt. Fang and Humania. During this time, Dark Legends was in Development similar to how Arcane Legends is currently in development with the upcoming expansion. Currently, we're 2.5 months into Humania, then now we're getting the "First Contact". I'm not saying the durations will be the same, but I think the events will be similar so it wouldn't hurt to take notice of them...

Note: Samhayne's First Contact carried a similar tone to the first contact pre-Humania and I quote, "To be clear, the level cap raise to 76 is still several weeks away."
. To me, what he's trying to say is that the new cap is still far away otherwise he wouldn't feel that he needed to "clarify" he didn't want to give a wrong impression on something and that is for us to think that it's already near...he just used "weeks" to make it sound less longer, words are powerful :P

So where we are now?
We are in the First Contact stage similar to pre-Humania, soon a "Coming Soon" thread should be made by a Dev, followed by a Weapon Design Contest, and then a thread that will discuss a little more on the "new" content maybe teasers, then finally the big day :P If I had to predict, I'd say we're looking at a little over 2 months or at least 8-10 more weeks of waiting. That makes sense because Arcane Legends is expected to launch sometime this month and they have to let that game take off a little bit before making some noise on their flagship title, then Halloween event will come early Novemeber so it'll be very convoluted if they release the new campaign during that period, the best time for them to launch a new campaign is mid/late-November when people are just idle waiting for Christmas Event, perfect timing IMO, for a total of approx. 5 months duration of Humania (just right if you ask me). The worst case scenario would be they miss this golden opportunity to launch this game sometimes in mid/late November, so Christmas Event comes and new campaign is pushed back to early 2013 update (which will suck because that will be too long again like Mt.Fang > Humania at approx. 7 months). Watch out for the signs so you don't panic or get too jumpy every time someone tells you about this new campaign :P

Bless
09-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Ty for that info

cookiez
09-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Patience you must have, mmm yes.

Lmfao

Chickenrunnn
09-05-2012, 04:12 PM
"In a few weeks" = 6 weeks for humania..

Several weeks = 1 year ? ;O

LwMark
09-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Several means many means not anytime soon

McBain
09-05-2012, 04:30 PM
I personally don't care so much when the new cap comes, but what I've noticed is that STS recently has been doing a great job of adding new material to fill the gap between campaigns. That matters more to me. It's all about keeping the players' interest going.

LwMark
09-05-2012, 04:39 PM
I personally don't care so much when the new cap comes, but what I've noticed is that STS recently has been doing a great job of adding new material to fill the gap between campaigns. That matters more to me. It's all about keeping the players' interest going.

I love how were so hyped for Blacksmoke , but they are already whippin up some ideas for the next next map maybe :) oh an i cant wait for halloween, these new items will go so perfect with halloween stuff

ThePvpTwink
09-05-2012, 04:40 PM
hope they release it in nOvember so Halloween things can wear off a bit...(and hopefully not recycle the 2yr old Halloween items -.-)

Unxtoxic
09-05-2012, 06:09 PM
I was so bored in waiting for Humania that I actually took my time in taking down notes on stuff leading up to Humania...(I think I missed the final thread titled "Humania will be launched as early as June 19", because I thought it wasn't really much of a note at that point, the real thing was coming anyway :P)

1. The First Contact. When Humania was first mentioned/hinted in a thread by a Dev. (Feb 17,2012). Mt. Fang was around 3 months old by this time.

That's approximately 4 months (16weeks) from the time the expansion was first hinted officially in a thread by a Dev for a total of approx 7 month between Mt. Fang and Humania. During this time, Dark Legends was in Development similar to how Arcane Legends is currently in development with the upcoming expansion. Currently, we're 2.5 months into Humania, then now we're getting the "First Contact". I'm not saying the durations will be the same, but I think the events will be similar so it wouldn't hurt to take notice of them...

Note: Samhayne's First Contact carried a similar tone to the first contact pre-Humania and I quote, "To be clear, the level cap raise to 76 is still several weeks away."
. To me, what he's trying to say is that the new cap is still far away otherwise he wouldn't feel that he needed to "clarify" he didn't want to give a wrong impression on something and that is for us to think that it's already near...he just used "weeks" to make it sound less longer, words are powerful :P

So where we are now?
We are in the First Contact stage similar to pre-Humania, soon a "Coming Soon" thread should be made by a Dev, followed by a Weapon Design Contest, and then a thread that will discuss a little more on the "new" content maybe teasers, then finally the big day :P If I had to predict, I'd say we're looking at a little over 2 months or at least 8-10 more weeks of waiting. That makes sense because Arcane Legends is expected to launch sometime this month and they have to let that game take off a little bit before making some noise on their flagship title, then Halloween event will come early Novemeber so it'll be very convoluted if they release the new campaign during that period, the best time for them to launch a new campaign is mid/late-November when people are just idle waiting for Christmas Event, perfect timing IMO, for a total of approx. 5 months duration of Humania (just right if you ask me). The worst case scenario would be they miss this golden opportunity to launch this game sometimes in mid/late November, so Christmas Event comes and new campaign is pushed back to early 2013 update (which will suck because that will be too long again like Mt.Fang > Humania at approx. 7 months). Watch out for the signs so you don't panic or get too jumpy every time someone tells you about this new campaign :P

LOL just the tone you used in this thread sent chills down my back. But loved reading it. History repeats itselfs. (Kind of reminded of the 2012 -end of the world- theory again just the tone you put in this thread)

nomad187
09-05-2012, 06:13 PM

So where we are now?

Dude!!!!! That was the longest way to say I don't know I've ever seen.