PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about merching

razerfingers
09-05-2012, 10:33 PM
So im selling a lot of stuff i dont use and retiring some twinks. Well imma have about 200k+ after all is sold im wodering for a new at merching player what should i start buying low and selling high? Afterall it doesnt work with any and eveey pink in the game. Any help would be appriciated :))

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Yich
09-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Try different levels of PvP and make sure to farm between merching... There will always be a market for discontinued items...

razerfingers
09-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Try different levels of PvP and make sure to farm between merching... There will always be a market for discontinued items...

Discontinued items are highly priced as is. I probably will still keep my trollish lvl 21's but i wanna be able to buy sets for my 3 endgame toons i have knock off uncraftable xbow and sword and shield set. Someday i wanna he able to have the crafted set the day it comes out and not care about how much it costs... You know what i mean?

小孩子
09-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Discontinued items are highly priced as is. I probably will still keep my trollish lvl 21's but i wanna be able to buy sets for my 3 endgame toons i have knock off uncraftable xbow and sword and shield set. Someday i wanna he able to have the crafted set the day it comes out and not care about how much it costs... You know what i mean?

Soooo someday you wanna be rich?

Sim Jing
09-06-2012, 06:08 AM

Patience is key! =D

razerfingers
09-06-2012, 08:38 AM

Not like gold cap on every toon but yes wanna learn how to get rich so if i go broke i never actually go broke because i can know what im doing and get back up there. Instead of only have in the 200k range all the time

ZHEOTARE
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Not like gold cap on every toon but yes wanna learn how to get rich so if i go broke i never actually go broke because i can know what im doing and get back up there. Instead of only have in the 200k range all the time

Best thing to do is pick a level, mainly end game, and focus on that. Learn the normal price range of the gear. Then when you see something listed lower than normal (I look for at least 30%), buy it, and resell it. Something you'll want to hold onto til the prices move back into the higher range. For example, if you notice a certain item usually list for 10-20k, and you see 3 listed for 7k, 10k, and 13k, buy the 7k one, and wait till you see the items listed closer to the 15-20k range. Then list it.

Once you are comfortable with one level, add another. The best levels to start at are endgame, and main pvp levels.

razerfingers
09-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Best thing to do is pick a level, mainly end game, and focus on that. Learn the normal price range of the gear. Then when you see something listed lower than normal (I look for at least 30%), buy it, and resell it. Something you'll want to hold onto til the prices move back into the higher range. For example, if you notice a certain item usually list for 10-20k, and you see 3 listed for 7k, 10k, and 13k, buy the 7k one, and wait till you see the items listed closer to the 15-20k range. Then list it.

Once you are comfortable with one level, add another. The best levels to start at are endgame, and main pvp levels.

Ah, alright. Can i get very far with 200k to start my merching journey? Cause i know endgame non craftable set items are around the 100-150k range i believe any higher me personally wouldnt buy if i had mpre money lol

ZHEOTARE
09-06-2012, 10:41 AM

Ah, alright. Can i get very far with 200k to start my merching journey? Cause i know endgame non craftable set items are around the 100-150k range i believe any higher me personally wouldnt buy if i had mpre money lol

Any end level will work tbh. 25, 35, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70. I'd look for items in the 10k range to start so you don' lose your money on one item. To start of you just want to build a stack.

If you have 200k, and you start with 70 gear that you know runs 100-150k, just watch for one to list 70-105k, then relist asap at your 100-150k range. At this point, don't relist 1g below the lowest listed. Try 5-10k lower. Remember, you are trying to get it to sell at a profit on the 1st listing. Once you get going, then you can take more chances.

razerfingers
09-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I share wealth with another player and often find myself with only 200k to merch with. People act like finding stuff in cs for 90%+ off isnt merching, but blind luck. I respectfully disagree. I see items cheap in the cs at least once a week and thats all you need for a profit. I also got a glyphic blade steel on my second nuris run, so maybe you should look into farming there. Just a thought.
Ill try that maybe later today :)

Any end level will work tbh. 25, 35, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70. I'd look for items in the 10k range to start so you don' lose your money on one item. To start of you just want to build a stack.

If you have 200k, and you start with 70 gear that you know runs 100-150k, just watch for one to list 70-105k, then relist asap at your 100-150k range. At this point, don't relist 1g below the lowest listed. Try 5-10k lower. Remember, you are trying to get it to sell at a profit on the 1st listing. Once you get going, then you can take more chances.

Ah i see. Ill try that. When i get good i wanna try risky merching as i call it: just list low but lower than usual and then buy the low ones take mine out and put them high it seems fun but yet again right now someone has a momopoly on the copperheads croc scale armor. But... Someone listed 1k below his 5+ items at 25k so doesnt work out great for him lol

ZHEOTARE
09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
That'll happen. Lol. Look at Keeper Staff of Cosmos. They usually go for 10k+, but I'll see someone list for 1-5k at least once a week, small gold, but big profit.

razerfingers
09-06-2012, 12:54 PM
That'll happen. Lol. Look at Keeper Staff of Cosmos. They usually go for 10k+, but I'll see someone list for 1-5k at least once a week, small gold, but big profit.

True, i remwber when they were 30-50k haha