PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten bows should not be neerfed!!

Waug
09-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Consider a two handed sword bear, at least more deadly than a 1h. Again consider a 2h mage, ya you would say fragile though as str bear you get high hp. Dodge and armor for using str gear, and in the case of mage you have high armor buff mana shield etc. But 95% bears and 85% mages does not use it.

In opposite birds are meant to use 2h bows, this is a disadvantage and there should be an advantage to balance all the classes and in this case they should have the highest damage and range. Offense is the best defense this is applicable to pure birds specially at pvp. But the real fact is mages with shield are doing more damage than pure dex birds, how is that balanced?

The thing is that, bears used to smash a pure bird to kill (only two hit no auto and obviously not for pro birds, but in general) mages used to kill pure birds by drain fire and ice before that if necessary(2-3 hit, ") now it is time to laugh, peoples are complaining that birds are two hitting them with forgotten bow, Forgotten bow is OP

As always, they need neerfed birds to kill. Yes forgotten bows are op but compared to older version of bows not compared to other classes. I strongly believe unlike other classes you have to be pro dex bird to survive at pvp. Even an average mage can kill a pro bird easily, the thing is that, most of the dex birds specially at higher level does not use so called op fb. The reason is clear we all know that if we wanna kill, we have to kite, focus on that 12mm range, use a crossbow etc the set bonus is not a big deal.

Thus forgotten bows should not be neerfed.

Sim Jing
09-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Consider a two handed sword bear, at least more deadly than a 1h. Again consider a 2h mage, ya you would say fragile though as str bear you get high hp. Dodge and armor for using str gear, and in the case of mage you have high armor buff mana shield etc. But 95% bears and 85% mages does not use it.

In opposite birds are meant to use 2h bows, this is a disadvantage and there should be an advantage to balance all the classes and in this case they should have the highest damage and range. Offense is the best defense this is applicable to pure birds specially at pvp. But the real fact is mages with shield are doing more damage than pure dex birds, how is that balanced?

The thing is that, bears used to smash a pure bird to kill (only two hit no auto and obviously not for pro birds, but in general) mages used to kill pure birds by drain fire and ice before that if necessary(2-3 hit, ") now it is time to laugh, peoples are complaining that birds are two hitting them with forgotten bow, Forgotten bow is OP

As always, they need neerfed birds to kill. Yes forgotten bows are op but compared to older version of bows not compared to other classes. I strongly believe unlike other classes you have to be pro dex bird to survive at pvp. Even an average mage can kill a pro bird easily, the thing is that, most of the dex birds specially at higher level does not use so called op fb. The reason is clear we all know that if we wanna kill, we have to kite, focus on that 12mm range, use a crossbow etc the set bonus is not a big deal.

Thus forgotten bows should not be neerfed.

Do you know why I disagree with your statement?

The forgotten weapons by contrast change the twinking game entirely. First, only players that have them have an advantage and it’s not due to skill, it’s because their gear is so OP that nothing else at that level range can compete. Second, they are exclusive. (That said, discontinued items are often reintroduced at the same time the following year, but what happens in the interim?) For new players starting twinks (or even alts of existing twinkers), they are at a huge disadvantage. They have to pay gold and are at the mercy of merchants for these weapons, which will likely get more and more costly as we get further from this event. Admittedly, most twinkers probably own at least a couple of these weapons, but what about new players and alts? There will be no “adapting” and there is no precedence for something like this.

Here is an article from a manly thread for you to chew on slowly. =D

Waug
09-06-2012, 06:12 AM
@sim before you say chew it, I would like to say I've read that epic post already and many others about fb, and those threads actually inspired me to post something about it.

Second thing, you should have your own opinion, not just follow others blindly.

Yich
09-06-2012, 06:26 AM
The mispelling of the word "nerfed" may or may not make the entire post invalid.

Sim Jing
09-06-2012, 06:34 AM
@sim before you say chew it, I would like to say I've read that epic post already and many others about fb, and those threads actually inspired me to post something about it.

Second thing, you should have your own opinion, not just follow others blindly.

Alright, let me post my opinion.

First off, you are complaining about PvP mainly, so instead of whining how Bears are now the dominant class of PvP and laughing all about it when the forgotten weapons came, why not suggest a balance for all classes?

False.

Two-handed Warriors - With the recent implementing of the Elite Weapons, not to mention the recent buff of the Elite Marlin Sword, Users are encouraged to use the weapons to kill mobs in PvE. I even noticed a Paladin charging through the fray in a PvP match with this weapon, and his skills plus the massive damage of the sword is quite formidable indeed.

Staffs - Same as aforementioned. The Elite Wave Twister generates a totem which when broken, Increases Armor and other stuff I had not researched on, the only problem is that the buff works on enemies in PvP too. So it's not so popular in PvP though.

Birds themselves are already one of the most proficient killers in PvP in their own standards. Ever wonder why does Avians have four 12m damage skills to begin with?

EXACTLY! You are smart enough to know! =D

he thing is that, bears used to smash a pure bird to kill (only two hit no auto and obviously not for pro birds, but in general) mages used to kill pure birds by drain fire and ice before that if necessary(2-3 hit, ") now it is time to laugh, peoples are complaining that birds are two hitting them with forgotten bow, Forgotten bow is OP

Why didn't you buff yourself and start shooting your live rounds at the enemy in the first place? Do you think Birds are born Commandos?

People are complaining that Forgotten Weapons are OP because their stats are too powerful in both PvE and PvP and that it drops frequently in the event, thus it ruins the balance of Pinks<Crafted Pink< Elite

You just contradict your own statement that birds are weak in the first place. If you love the Forgotten Weapons so much, obviously you are claiming to be an unskilled player in PvP which manages to stack killstreaks only by the means of an OP bow.

Simple?

=D

Yich
09-06-2012, 10:30 AM
What he said^

Ephesius
09-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Yich why are you trying to take forgot weaps out of pvp. They should stay. Usually people who join low lvl pvp with bad gear gets rushed because they have bad gear. Now with forgotten bows everybody is equal.

Yich
09-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Yich why are you trying to take forgot weaps out of pvp. They should stay. Usually people who join low lvl pvp with bad gear gets rushed because they have bad gear. Now with forgotten bows everybody is equal.

Im not sure why you think everyone should be equal. Should a new player with 2 hours of gameplay stand a chance against someone with 200+? Id say no. New players should have a chance against new players. Sts used to think that, notice how hard it is to farm 15 recipes. This wasnt the kind of game where who ever gets first proc wins. It was if you farmed like crazy to get the exspensive gear, you were rewarded. New players dont stand a chance even still against my xbow, but if I look away for a second I dont want 3 shotted. The lesser skilled birds might think that birds and bears are equal now when they go 10-9 in a 1v1 against a good bear. Thats not equal, good players should always beat bad players. That balance is ruined now with the op bows.

Ephesius
09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Im not sure why you think everyone should be equal. Should a new player with 2 hours of gameplay stand a chance against someone with 200+? Id say no. New players should have a chance against new players. Sts used to think that, notice how hard it is to farm 15 recipes. This wasnt the kind of game where who ever gets first proc wins. It was if you farmed like crazy to get the exspensive gear, you were rewarded. New players dont stand a chance even still against my xbow, but if I look away for a second I dont want 3 shotted. The lesser skilled birds might think that birds and bears are equal now when they go 10-9 in a 1v1 against a good bear. Thats not equal, good players should always beat bad players. That balance is ruined now with the op bows.

Should old players farm new players nope. I tried level 10 pvp, with not the name ephesius and got rushed because I was "Free Kills". deleted that char. Now that the forgotten bows are out its not so easy for pros to farm noobs.

Waug
09-06-2012, 12:03 PM
@sim, before I forcefully criticize your each and every sentence as you did, I'll wait to see how others reacting to it, and for positive constructive criticism.

Sim Jing
09-06-2012, 08:47 PM
@sim, before I forcefully criticize your each and every sentence as you did, I'll wait to see how others reacting to it, and for positive constructive criticism.

Was I criticizing you? Are you taking it too hard on the head to think I am Wrong?

Yich just simplified what I meant to say. Thanks Yich! =D

Vvikked
09-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I bet if sts handed out elite vanity sets to everyone the endgame people would start caring, but when sts hands out weapons that raise skill damage 10% and have 30 more damage than the previous weapons used its no big deal to the endgamers.

Enigeax
09-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I never had a problem with noobs cuz the helm and plate matter as well.

The only thing that I think makes ppl mad is because the weapons they invested 1 mill in r worthless. Pvp is about adaptation so adapt. And stop crying

Vvikked
09-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm mostly talking about 10-19 Because almost everyone uses the same helm 10-19 (snipers) and plate is only like 4 arm difference between them all and the bows are going to hit 210s either way.

Piosidon
09-06-2012, 11:58 PM
If you're gonna complain about a game, just quit and do something in your real life for a change

Thelastblink
09-07-2012, 01:07 AM
If you're gonna complain about a game, just quit and do something in your real life for a change

Yea gonna go chill out with friends tomoz cos not interested at PL atm. I realise how stupid I was to kinda neglect my life for PL, now I realise real life comes first and its just a game! If I don't like it I will just quit. But just wait until the new stuff come to balance the forgotten items out!

Rot
09-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Just take a break from PvP. PL isn't all about PvP. :)
Let those who rush with the Forgotten weapons enjoy their short-lived joy.

KingFu
09-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Alright, let me post my opinion.

First off, you are complaining about PvP mainly, so instead of whining how Bears are now the dominant class of PvP and laughing all about it when the forgotten weapons came, why not suggest a balance for all classes?

False.

Two-handed Warriors - With the recent implementing of the Elite Weapons, not to mention the recent buff of the Elite Marlin Sword, Users are encouraged to use the weapons to kill mobs in PvE. I even noticed a Paladin charging through the fray in a PvP match with this weapon, and his skills plus the massive damage of the sword is quite formidable indeed.

Staffs - Same as aforementioned. The Elite Wave Twister generates a totem which when broken, Increases Armor and other stuff I had not researched on, the only problem is that the buff works on enemies in PvP too. So it's not so popular in PvP though.

Birds themselves are already one of the most proficient killers in PvP in their own standards. Ever wonder why does Avians have four 12m damage skills to begin with?

EXACTLY! You are smart enough to know! =D

Why didn't you buff yourself and start shooting your live rounds at the enemy in the first place? Do you think Birds are born Commandos?

People are complaining that Forgotten Weapons are OP because their stats are too powerful in both PvE and PvP and that it drops frequently in the event, thus it ruins the balance of Pinks<Crafted Pink< Elite

You just contradict your own statement that birds are weak in the first place. If you love the Forgotten Weapons so much, obviously you are claiming to be an unskilled player in PvP which manages to stack killstreaks only by the means of an OP bow.

Simple?

=D

Thanks for the pictures bro. They really really helped. It all makes sense now.

Elyseon
09-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Bows were just always underpowered till about the 50 cap, now that it's different, everyone resists change, the complaints will die down, then the majority will forget gameplay before them, just like gcd

Also IMO Mage should use 2h weapons mainly, but since they still have more skill dmg than any other class, they just choose to add way more armor, sts need to increase the bonus for staffs like the enchanted set at the 55 cap, to make staff mage more survivable, cuz it's really impractical at this cap due to the extremely high dodge of everything

Waug
09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
@sim

"Bears are
now the dominant class
of PvP" - your first phrase and you indirectly supported me. First off, you forgot to add the word endgame lol and that's slightly different issue related to dodge and the hit percentage of the opponet blah blah. Here's my question bears are op with fb? the answer is no they are op with their own str gear, and they are op, also imply birds with so called op fb bow cant kill bears easily. I remember when l66 was endgame dex birds used to fight bears with longbow but where is l70 longbow now, all xbow except fb lol.

"False"- I'm trying not to be rude bro but actually you proved my quoted theory here. How? May I ask how many bears are at l71 among all the bears and how many of them can use/use marlin sword, where we are talking about l10-71 fbs. What should be the percentage? calculate by yourself.

Again you cant compare elite weapons with any others cuz those items possess extra powers beside damage and dps, than compare with elite dex item not with fb.

Now lets move to your questions.
Ever you noticed that mages deadly skills are also 12mm ranged and mages just spam their 12 mm ranged skills to kill a bird, oh sorry no need to spam even just 1 round.

Oh nice lol, like above u also poined out another thing that's fb is a longbow so your sniper bow is not gonna hit from that range.

Another question why don't I buff and shot, ya obviously if the bird is pro he can kill, but is that real question, the real question I mentioned was ALL ABOUT 2-3 HIT KILLS, that is the main thing peoples complain about it, but in my main post, I said bears and mages can 2-3hit dex birds.

You think fb is too powerful? Here's the real story I'm gonna share, in game and in forum also I have seen so many birds to say fb op, but in game either they are using another longbow/ xbow (mainly) / str gear isn't it surprising, if you think fb is so op why aren't you using it? The real fact is that either its still underpowered compared to an existing dex set (may not be for all lvls but most lvls)(in some way) or its range.

I'm still not getting how I condradict myself, yes birds are weak as far as defense is concern, but strong as far as offense is concern, and I also said offense is the best defense in my original post.

Waug
09-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Bows were just always underpowered till about the 50 cap, now that it's different, everyone resists change, the complaints will die down, then the majority will forget gameplay before them, just like gcd

That's the point. STS also may have thinked about it, otherwise they would not introduce such a controversial op bow.

Yich
09-07-2012, 10:31 AM
You people probably do a level where the bow is balanced. Its trash at endgame and doubles the dps of the previous low level weapons. Im sure they are balanced at some level, thats just great. I want it nerfed for low level, where everyone knows its op. idc about any other level.

Ephesius
09-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Yich you must not have been around when expert was cheap and easy to get, and everyone was complaining. Then it went to costing alot of money and hard.to get but still stayed in pvp

Vvikked
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Exp gives 9 arm and 8 crit, not 90 more damage, 5 dodge, a proc that destroys bears, and easier to get than the common cold.

Waug
09-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the pictures bro. They really really helped. It all makes sense now.

Peoples judge book by its cover these days :)