PDA

View Full Version : Revelation is RECRUITING!

Zeus
09-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Hello, Apollo here,

I just wanted to give the community a message: Revelation has started recruiting again!

What does that mean? All of you high skilled endgame PvPers who've been looking for your chance to shine, well, here it is! :)

Our Morals:
* Stick up for your guild members!
* Help PvP players who have talent & the potential to be so much greater than they are now!
* PvP passionately!
* Having a good time! :)
* Treat each other like they're your family. A guild is only as strong as it's weakest link, so a friendly community at Revelation is important & strongly emphasized.

For those of you wanting try-outs for Revelation, feel free to talk to any of the officers or the GM, they'll set you up for one as soon as they have the time. :)

If we determine you suitable for Revelation, we will enlighten you about Revelation's founding, purpose, as well as an invite to the guild!

Post below if interested. :)

Swords
09-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Interested

Xionskull
09-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Looks great!

Deeci
09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Am interested. You can find me in dynasty recult guild.

SuperGotenks
09-06-2012, 09:32 PM
mitch asked me if i wanted to join rev, but i dont have a 70.

Mothwing
09-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Right when I quit ;) Good luck with the guild guys, I know it'll be successful as it always has :)

NECROREAPER
09-07-2012, 03:15 AM
Good luck with recruiting Parth!!! :D

AbsolutePally
09-07-2012, 03:27 PM
We have only had a few dozen members maybe not even 30 in almost a year. Never all at once either. We are the only pvp guild that hasn't disbanded, renamed, had change of leadership.
We began with 6 members. Mainly BC 5/5 ctf and more importantly BC we were die hard friends and pvpers. Some of the greatest pvpers have been in Rev.
Originally we only aimed for 18+ year old adults, with at least 2 end game characters, that were both skilled. Meaning you had to be good w more than one class. The reason being it gives you a better understanding of strenghts and weaknesses, ntm dynamics of pvp. You have to be a respected good member of the community- meaning spawners, trash talkers, teamers, rushers, bullies are not considered.
If you meet those requirements, w agreed to give you a try out. You fight your own class 1/1 , different members with different play styles. To see how you adjust. Then play your weakness class. Now you don't necessarily need to win, just show you can holds your iwn and display good character. We don't ask about your plat funds or how rich you are. BC we help eachother mainly BC we don't like pve, farming etc.
Once you try out, we vote, majority rules, but if someone really doesn't like you or is firmly against it's a no go. After we vote you're granted a trial membership." Members" are trial ppl, only when recruiter are you official. Being an officer is a different story.

Well now we have a recruit guild called Dynasty where we observe train and help aspiring pvpers. You must, unless were already in rev join that guild first.

If anyone is interested pm me :)

Exert from another thread, also i've received many PMS to which I will respond to later today.

Randomguy
09-07-2012, 07:16 PM
just wondering are you the master??

ImHawk
09-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Absoluteboss is...

WhoIsThis
09-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Exert from another thread, also i've received many PMS to which I will respond to later today.

This thread makes me very nervous. Very nervous. Just be very picky. And remember what happened last time when too many people got let into the guild.

Zeus
09-09-2012, 06:37 PM
This thread makes me very nervous. Very nervous. Just be very picky. And remember what happened last time when too many people got let into the guild.

Attack, with all due respect, I believe the active players in Revelation should have more of a say because we are the ones having to deal with everyone else being inactive/hardly online.

It's easy to say that you don't want many people in the guild, but when you're not one of the ones playing daily & no guild members are there to help you when you need it, it gets rather lonely. :(

Please note: I did not mean any ill messages or disrespect in this post, just trying to get how the more active players of Revelation feel & why they're going to other guilds such as Unity.

WarTornBird
09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I would do it, but I'm only pro with pro stuff xD APOLLO
Best of luck to yall

WhoIsThis
09-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Attack, with all due respect, I believe the active players in Revelation should have more of a say because we are the ones having to deal with everyone else being inactive/hardly online.

It's easy to say that you don't want many people in the guild, but when you're not one of the ones playing daily & no guild members are there to help you when you need it, it gets rather lonely. :(

Please note: I did not mean any ill messages or disrespect in this post, just trying to get how the more active players of Revelation feel & why they're going to other guilds such as Unity.

On the contrary, I've been in small guilds before in multiple MMOs. I know what it is like. In fact, I'm used to it:

1. During the late hours, you can expect to be the only person online, maybe 1-2 occasionally

2. Sometimes during the peak hours, you can also expect to be alone

3. In general, when levelling and stuff, there may or may not be people on enough to fill a roster

4. But ... during the hours of important events, everyone needs to be on that says that they can make it are on.

It's the consequence of a small guild.

What I'm saying is there were reasons why there was a mass booting earlier ... just be careful who gets invited or it might happen again.

It's a pity WoW's methods of recruiting raiders can't be brought here. Right now I'm applying to a hardcore raiding guild in WoW for MoP and raiding later this year. They asked me a set of questions that took me about an hour to answer, a World of Logs parse (a combat log indicating your performance that records every move), plus another hour in an interview with 2 guildies. Finally I'm scheduled to interview 4 other people soon (I'm expecting another interview that will take 2-3 hours). They take it seriously ... almost like applying for a job. But every serious guild likes it that way. In fact, the reason why many guilds are top end guilds on their servers is because they recruited good people and were able to keep an environment that retained them.

It usually filters out people who aren't committed. Another side benefit is that it usually tends to lead to less teenagers from applying because they cannot fill out the form and give good answers (things like spelling and grammar are enforced). Some guilds even restrict members to 18+ or preferably 20+; allowing only proven teens in. The reason why is because from their experiences, the percentage of good teenage raiders proved so small that they figured it wasn't worth the risk of admitting them. PL's demographic would probably prevent that though.

Hmm ... more on this when I have time. I'll take with Mitch about making a formal application process and perhaps a code of conduct as well.

Zeus
09-09-2012, 11:36 PM
On the contrary, I've been in small guilds before in multiple MMOs. I know what it is like. In fact, I'm used to it:

1. During the late hours, you can expect to be the only person online, maybe 1-2 occasionally

2. Sometimes during the peak hours, you can also expect to be alone

3. In general, when levelling and stuff, there may or may not be people on enough to fill a roster

4. But ... during the hours of important events, everyone needs to be on that says that they can make it are on.

It's the consequence of a small guild.

What I'm saying is there were reasons why there was a mass booting earlier ... just be careful who gets invited or it might happen again.

It's a pity WoW's methods of recruiting raiders can't be brought here. Right now I'm applying to a hardcore raiding guild in WoW for MoP and raiding later this year. They asked me a set of questions that took me about an hour to answer, a World of Logs parse (a combat log indicating your performance that records every move), plus another hour in an interview with 2 guildies. Finally I'm scheduled to interview 4 other people soon (I'm expecting another interview that will take 2-3 hours). They take it seriously ... almost like applying for a job. But every serious guild likes it that way. In fact, the reason why many guilds are top end guilds on their servers is because they recruited good people and were able to keep an environment that retained them.

It usually filters out people who aren't committed. Another side benefit is that it usually tends to lead to less teenagers from applying because they cannot fill out the form and give good answers (things like spelling and grammar are enforced). Some guilds even restrict members to 18+ or preferably 20+; allowing only proven teens in. The reason why is because from their experiences, the percentage of good teenage raiders proved so small that they figured it wasn't worth the risk of admitting them. PL's demographic would probably prevent that though.

Hmm ... more on this when I have time. I'll take with Mitch about making a formal application process and perhaps a code of conduct as well.

That's what I'm looking for, Attack.

The thing is, when I joined Revelation, it still was a small guild (which I like!) but it was active enough to have a guildie or two on while I was playing.

Consider this, Attack. One of our morals is to be one strong family, correct? How's that going to be possible when none of us are on at the same time? How do the newbies fit into the family? That's going to be tough...

Look, I want a lot of the same things that you do, but I also want more guildies online. I'm not asking for mass recruiting, which wasn't the intent when Mitch opened up recruiting, but I want quality players in the guild.

Waug
09-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Edited, sorry double post

Waug
09-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Looking forward to this, need endgame pvp guild balance. Unity is getting overpowered :)

brodiniozo
09-10-2012, 05:37 PM

This.

Fbro
09-10-2012, 06:35 PM
im in :D

Subscriber
09-11-2012, 03:16 PM
What if... o.o

Randomguy
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
i wanna join