PDA

View Full Version : Vanities - Intended to be this expensive?

BeefyMeat
09-06-2012, 02:29 PM
This question is more for the Devs than anything. I understand people like to look different, and many wear their vanities like a trophy (bought or sold, who cares). When you guys put these into the game, and had some really low drop rates, did you guys ever think/expect that Vanities (which don't really do anything but act as trophies) would ever top 1,2,3 Million in terms of pricing?

Just an inquiry really, that's all..

Cero
09-06-2012, 02:45 PM
pricing is actualy done by players,

just like in real life, the item price is affected by its demand.
the more the demend the higher the prices.

note : i might be wrong thou:P

BeefyMeat
09-06-2012, 02:53 PM
I know pricing is set by the players, but they controlled the availability of the items. What I'm asking is did they expect items that really do nothing but change your look to cost more than items that help you.

Xlilithii
09-06-2012, 03:16 PM
If vanities aren't that expensive, the pinks will be... It's even worse IMO>.>

Synergistic
09-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Those vanities (like gamer set) are sort of a premium item. Because of their extremely low drop rate (hence the high price), not everyone can get it. And this makes the clothing unique in a sense because only rich players can afford them.

Carapace
09-06-2012, 04:50 PM
it's as intended yes, and like other have mentioned here there are more common and significantly less common vanities all of which fetch a price determined by the players.

It's one of the many dynamics in play in Dark Legends, and is working as is to be expected.

BattleBabe
09-06-2012, 07:36 PM
its been my experience that the longer the game is out, the more money is generated on the server, the higher the prices
that is if there are no decent money sinks ingame

i used to play a game where items can top 25,000,000,000 (thats billion)

Zaonabiuibil
09-06-2012, 07:47 PM
In SL the prices can sometimes top 1m, and we make maybe a 1/4 the money you guys do in DL, so this is actually quite fair IMO.

RedRyder
09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
In SL the prices can sometimes top 1m, and we make maybe a 1/4 the money you guys do in DL, so this is actually quite fair IMO.

That's because the gold drops are significantly smaller. In DL you can get rich just grinding, not even off selling vanities. Although they do help, but with enough work anyone can hit the millions. I play once a day if even, and I'm at 800-900k.

Zaonabiuibil
09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
That's because the gold drops are significantly smaller. In DL you can get rich just grinding, not even off selling vanities. Although they do help, but with enough work anyone can hit the millions. I play once a day if even, and I'm at 800-900k.

Exactly why I said we make 1/4 the amount. That ^ is why I'm not complaining about DL prices.

Bossdude
09-06-2012, 10:11 PM
this is not something you should worry about if you dont care how you look... in the game, that is.

RedRyder
09-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Exactly why I said we make 1/4 the amount. That ^ is why I'm not complaining about DL prices.

I know, just elaborating on your post.

Borito
09-06-2012, 11:06 PM
It's ridiculous how some vanities & legendary items cost more than a relic crystal. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite?

Jcyee
09-07-2012, 12:20 AM
It's ridiculous how some vanities & legendary items cost more than a relic crystal. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite?

some ppl just like their fancy vanities ;) and i would think some of the rarer vanities have a lower drop rate than relic? just a guess lol. and maybe some ppl like looking fancy haha

MightyMicah
09-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Lol I got plat vanities with free platinum. Why get a bajilion gold item when you can get free vanities that are still cool? Just my noob opinion :-)

HunterSLAYER
09-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Lol I got plat vanities with free platinum. Why get a bajilion gold item when you can get free vanities that are still cool? Just my noob opinion :-)

The Batman costume pwns all ye lame drop vanities..
EAT MY BATARANGS MERCHS!

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

dreenise
09-07-2012, 02:41 AM
Even though the relics are uber rare, as soon as the new cap comes out, they will be redundant for anyone over that level! So IMO vanities should always be worth more as they are not level specific. That make sense?

Esoul
09-07-2012, 07:17 AM

100+ That's Why I Love Dark legends.

Rare
09-07-2012, 08:59 AM

Not really. As others have mentioned, it's driven by demand. The demand for those vanities is higher than the crystal.

Rare
09-07-2012, 09:01 AM

Or!!! You can get both :)

Elyseon
09-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Actually the main reason price is so high is due to the supply, not of the items, but gold, since the removal of the previous gold based elixir system, there has been practically no gold removed from the game, even with guilds it's probably quite easy to have someone buy it for plat for u and u pay them less than the stores 250k. I remember at the 50 cap I believe the most pricey thing(I joined around december 2010) was the vyx helm and Jacobs helms which were 400-500k
Sewer cap got items generally around 1m for top quality items, 51 fury shield and raid recurve were the most I think. That cap was when the plat elixirs were added, but many of the hardcore players had arleady capped with gold elixirs. The demonic sets brought the huge change, I barely played that cap, but sets were over 10 mil for awhile I believe.
These last too caps have introduce much more easily obtainable sets, but the prices were still around 1 mil an item.
Dragon sets are actually rare, and have a high demand however, which allows the terrible shape of PLs economy to be revealed.

Elyseon
09-07-2012, 09:49 AM
My fault lol didnt realize it was dl :P
Maybe the firstbit still applies lol

Rare
09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
My fault lol didnt realize it was dl :P
Maybe the firstbit still applies lol

Still, its explains it very well. The fact that the items are rare and there is a HUUUGE amount of gold in the game drives prices that high.

Carapace
09-07-2012, 11:56 AM
The lack of adequate places to spend gold on should be something I begin to address in the near future. It's an active thought in my mind, and needs to be handled before the economy and gold in the game gets out of hand for sure.

Aaroniero Arruruerie
09-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Thing is, I believe we do need a way to keep gold from inflating. Yes. But at the same time, we need a way to make it worthwhile. What Elyseon said did sound a lot like inflation. The only way gold gets lost is either by elixirs, dark mystery items or in-store vanities, and there is no incentive to buy any really, especially since luck got removed. Luck, however, was what got us into this mess. Legendaries were popping up left and right, and they went cheap. vanities affected the economy after legendaries went cheap a bit later during the L26 cap, and they were aware of it. I still think it's under control as long as more things worth spending gold on were introduced.

So I'll bring up what's-his-face's idea again...

Gambling parlor? Test your luck? lol