PDA

View Full Version : What YOU always WANTED to KNOW

flashbackflip
09-06-2012, 03:42 PM
hello community!

this post is aimed to help devs and us, players to communicate. Please be constructive and use your 'thanx' wisely

this post is dedicated to the HOTTEST questions you want to know about the future of SL and it will be structured the way Gibber will have all the questions in one place for convinient reading/commenting

i will organize it in the following manner:

- main post will include numbered topics

- these topics will be included from your comments IF the comment gets 5+ 'thanx' - so we know that this is really HOT

- hopefully these topics will be answered/commented by Captain Gibber (when he gets some time to do this)

- the comments/answers will be quoted under the topic

i hope this will work out ;)

i really doubt that these questions will be answered befor cap update
so please DON'T ASK ABOUT COMING UPDATE - this is useless
THINK GLOBAL please

please do not take the given answers with the 100% probability
we are discussing PLANS & PERSPECTIVE

i will start from the obvious questions and wait for your comments to include them

1) will we get a veteran's rewards in SL? If possible to answer - then WHEN do we get them?

1) probably

The team is also working on a set of Veteran Rewards for Star Legends as well. Look for them in a coming patch.

2) will the game get new PvP maps? anytime soon or it is a far perspective?

2) maybe

3) there was SL birthday recently. Any plans on celebrations?

3) yes

4) as far as we know passive skills are not included in this update 'coz our skills are not maxed out yet. Should we wait untill we can max out ALL skills or sooner?

4) not sure

Sorry to not be more concrete for you, but generally we don't like to make promises unless we already have it in work. Nothing sucks worse than making promises that we end up not being able to deliver on.

5) are there any plans on expanding amount of craftable items? What are those items might be?

To keep perspective, any work on crafting stuff hasn't been started. Gibber and the team are hard at work getting the near term (Scorn Act II) stuff shipped. That being said, there has been some discussion about a Pocket Legends style crafting update (like how the Humania Crafted Armor came out after the release of Humania). The player designed weapons from the item design contest are probably going to be used in that set of content. See what I did just there? Made a promise. Hopefully it will be delivered on, especially since I'm not the dude that has to actually make the goods. :D

Thanks, as always, for your understanding and support!

6) can we expect new guild tiers in the near future?

7) are you going to make more guild ranks to expand this aspect of the game?

8) any plans of having more than 2 viable sets of gear? Or will Custom/Plat be the reoccurring theme at all caps?

9) any plans at throwing out some items that beef up random stats, but suck at other things... possibly hurting you in other ways? IE: +20 mana regen, -100 hitpoints

10) PL got Elite weapons, DL got Relics, will SL get something higher than Legendary as well?

11) will same level farming still be in affect, or gear drops reduced in comparison to Voleria expansion? (Must be -1 Cap before you drop anything worth value/but when hit it becomes abundant)

12) will there be any new emoticons and face/hairstyles in the near future???

i'm on ipad so sorry for 'bulky' update of this post. I will split the answers later

Hey Star Legends,

I'm going to try to answer some of the remaining questions to the best of my ability, but I may not have all the answers, or the answers you are looking for.

We don't have anything planned at this time, but that doesn't mean the answer to this question is no.

Same answer as above, nothing planned at this time.

8) any plans of having more than 2 viable sets of gear? Or will Custom/Plat be the reoccurring theme at all caps?

I don't see this changing, but the latest loot drop gear from Scorn 2 was a move to make loot gear more viable. Were we successful, discuss?!

9) any plans at throwing out some items that beef up random stats, but suck at other things... possibly hurting you in other ways? IE: +20 mana regen, -100 hitpoints

This is not our current itemization strategy, so I don't see us introducing +/- gear.

10) PL got Elite weapons, DL got Relics, will SL get something higher than Legendary as well?

Maybe, but for now Legendary items are the top of the food chain.

11) will same level farming still be in affect, or gear drops reduced in comparison to Voleria expansion? (Must be -1 Cap before you drop anything worth value/but when hit it becomes abundant)

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this since Scorn 2 is out now and items are dropping. We tried to make these items worthwhile and drop at a reasonable rate. What do you think?

We don't have any new emotes of face/hairstyles on the schedule at this time, but if this is something that the players are wanting we can consider it. What would you like to see?

StompArtist
09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
So you've discussed this with Gibbers and he agrees to this method?

flashbackflip
09-06-2012, 03:48 PM

no, but having all the questions community has to ask in one place surely will help him to answer them and also motivate him to do it in the first place - that's my logic

i'm tired of complaints - i wanna do something useful to SOLVE this situation bro

Zaonabiuibil
09-06-2012, 03:49 PM

It's better than laying around not doing anything, I'd like to see the devs communicate more, to show we are being heard, and question/answer will be a great way to do this, +1 FBF.

5) Will we have the option to customize our gear (not crafting, actual customization, getting bored of seeing red/blue/custom scorn armour) anytime soon or at all?

Samhayne
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
1) probably

2) maybe

3) yes

4) not sure

Sorry to not be more concrete for you, but generally we don't like to make promises unless we already have it in work. Nothing sucks worse than making promises that we end up not being able to deliver on.

flashbackflip
09-06-2012, 03:52 PM
oh! i almost forgot! u reminded me Zao!

6) are there plans on expanding the amount of craftable items? What will they be - weapons, imps, armor, vanities maybe?

akfury
09-06-2012, 03:52 PM
6) will akfury make star guard anytime soon ^^... i too funny

Xaphan Fox
09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
The money spent on plat in SL... Does it go to furthering SL? ...or does it go into sts collectively and all that you are working on?

flashbackflip
09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
1) probably

2) maybe

3) yes

4) not sure

so far so good! thanx so much Sam!

you don't have to answer if you don't want to promise something undone yet!

maybe Gibber will discuss this stuff with us later? like tells about perspectives and priorities - not in the way we can (or will) object them, but in a way we can understand SL future

Samhayne
09-06-2012, 03:57 PM
oh! i almost forgot! u reminded me Zao!

6) are there plans on expanding the amount of craftable items? What will they be - weapons, imps, armor, vanities maybe?

To keep perspective, any work on crafting stuff hasn't been started. Gibber and the team are hard at work getting the near term (Scorn Act II) stuff shipped. That being said, there has been some discussion about a Pocket Legends style crafting update (like how the Humania Crafted Armor came out after the release of Humania). The player designed weapons from the item design contest are probably going to be used in that set of content. See what I did just there? Made a promise. Hopefully it will be delivered on, especially since I'm not the dude that has to actually make the goods. :D

akfury
09-06-2012, 04:03 PM

i promise not to take your promises litterally but more as a plan ...

flashbackflip
09-06-2012, 04:04 PM

see what we just did? we actually started to communicate!!!

i bow before you Sam and believe me - noone is gonna angrily demand something discussed here - everyone is just super-curious to see the perspective!!

Zaonabiuibil
09-06-2012, 04:07 PM
7) Can we expect new guild tiers in the near future?

(Oh, and this is the only thread I'm subscribed to.)

Lowlyspy
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
3) yes

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/Lowlyspy/MeGusta.jpg

Zaonabiuibil
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/Lowlyspy/MeGusta.jpg

LOL!

Mitchturbo
09-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Can we expect to see different types of worlds in the future, for example... like an ice Planet, a city to battle through, an underwater sea base, an ancient futuristic temple, a jungle planet and a moon ect ect..

Lowlyspy
09-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Can we expect to see different types of worlds in the future, for example... like an ice Planet, a city to battle through, an underwater sea base, an ancient futuristic temple, a jungle planet and a moon ect ect..

Yes! I still want to see at least one game get an underwater map, i want to smack teh bad guys with a kipper dang it!

Samhayne
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Sorry matey, no promises for anything beyond the near term - Scorn Act II coming, probably a crafting update after that, Birthday party, etc. We know that people want fun stuff to play and are working hard to deliver that.

morfic
09-06-2012, 04:32 PM
1) Any plans of having more than 2 viable sets of gear? Or will Custom/Plat be the reoccurring theme at all caps?

2) Any plans at throwing out some items that beef up random stats, but suck at other things... possibly hurting you in other ways? IE: +20 mana regen, -100 hitpoints

3) Will this new cap come with a new skill? (Probably been stated already, but I am behind the times)

4) Are all the stages of this new campaign Numa or Cycorp based? Or is there another territory we haven't seen yet?

5) Is the recolored gun in that screenshot, a new pink gun in the update? Or is it just another random purple?

BodMaster
09-06-2012, 04:34 PM
9?) Will same level farming still be in affect, or gear drops reduced in comparison to Voleria expansion? (Must be -1 Cap before you drop anything worth value/but when hit it becomes abundant)

Ninja's (Not sure what number we are on now :p)

Szangheili
09-06-2012, 04:56 PM
This pretty much answered all my questions... Thnx for the post ;)

Lowlyspy
09-06-2012, 04:57 PM
5) Is the recolored gun in that screenshot, a new pink gun in the update? Or is it just another random purple?
I figured they just recolored that as a weapon for the heavy mobs to use. Who's to say they're going to drop those?

Deazafla
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Question: will there be any new vanities, emoticons and face/hairstyles in the near future???

Zaonabiuibil
09-06-2012, 05:50 PM
What are we on, 11? PL got Elite weapons, DL got Relics, will SL get something higher than Legendary as well?

Cahaun
09-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Question: will there be any new vanities, emoticons and face/hairstyles in the near future???
Vanities? Yes. Emotions? Don't plan on it, but there is a chance.

akfury
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM
What are we on, 11? PL got Elite weapons, DL got Relics, will SL get something higher than Legendary as well?

theres something better than pink??????? im so excited for smething like that in sl now ...

StompArtist
09-06-2012, 07:14 PM
no, but having all the questions community has to ask in one place surely will help him to answer them and also motivate him to do it in the first place - that's my logic

i'm tired of complaints - i wanna do something useful to SOLVE this situation bro

Sure I was simply curious to see if Gib had reached out to the community...

KillaSkillz
09-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Here's my question:
Has/Will anything be done about the skills reset bug? This is what I really am dying to know and here is why:
we put our names on the thread in bugs/technical like it said to do, but I never saw a resolution, or why names were needed. I would'nt notice if I got refunded 2 plat, and I didn't put into support about it since previous attempts at support for me get ticket numbers and no response after weeks. i.e. my last and final attempt to contact support was july 26th when the surplus weapons were added to the hive boss. Not complaining here, just wondering what's going on?

Lowlyspy
09-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Here's my question:
Has/Will anything be done about the skills reset bug? This is what I really am dying to know and here is why:
we put our names on the thread in bugs/technical like it said to do, but I never saw a resolution, or why names were needed. I would'nt notice if I got refunded 2 plat, and I didn't put into support about it since previous attempts at support for me get ticket numbers and no response after weeks. i.e. my last and final attempt to contact support was july 26th when the surplus weapons were added to the hive boss. Not complaining here, just wondering what's going on?

I talked to Sam about this a few weeks ago, he suggested paying for the respecs and contacting support to refund the spent plat. Not an ideal fix but i suppose it works. Though with your trouble with support, idk what to tell you :/

Cahaun
09-06-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't have any platinum, but I did post an entire map of by skill map and point-allocation screen on the forum. I'm hoping for a little 2 platinum respec or something because I'm out at the moment.

flashbackflip
09-08-2012, 09:33 AM
As soon as the community has surprisingly not-so-many questions - i added them all to the original post!

Hopefully Gibber or Sam will answer at least some of them!

Cahaun
09-08-2012, 09:52 AM
When will Iridium Sleeves be made?
Will the custom items be very very very very expensive or will they be affordable?
Will custom actually be worth the price tag?

Cero
09-08-2012, 02:39 PM
ugh, No.2 is a must.
i think SL or all of StS games needed this.

We PvP alot. PvE is boring

Mitchturbo
09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I have another Question I believe alot of people have been wondering,

Will the "Star Guard" honor be implemented back into Star Legends?

Zaonabiuibil
09-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I have another Question I believe alot of people have been wondering,

Will the "Star Guard" honor be implemented back into Star Legends?

Lemme steal a quote here.

Both Star Guards and Guardians of Alterra are not usually picked now, emphasis on the Ambassador Programs.

flashbackflip
09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
ugh, No.2 is a must.
i think SL or all of StS games needed this.

We PvP alot. PvE is boring

Agree on the 'must' part ;) i really envy dl pvp maps

bronislav84
09-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Will we ever get a Sit emote? In any STS game? Preferably all of them. Don't our characters get tired standing all the time?

Zaonabiuibil
09-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Will we ever get a Sit emote? In any STS game? Preferably all of them. Don't our characters get tired standing all the time?

Or better yet, a bathroom emote. My char has been holding it since the iOS release.

Prestige
09-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Or better yet, a bathroom emote. My char has been holding it since the iOS release.

Well I don't think we eat/drink anything in SL either, so nothing can go out the other end. Unless using stim/power packs count as drinking, but even then not everyone uses them.

bronislav84
09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
And my char has been holding it in since the Android beta. What's your point?

A bathroom emote is stretching it, but I don't think wanting to sit for guild meetings is asking too much.

Growwle
09-08-2012, 09:53 PM

They go when you are logged out.

flashbackflip
09-09-2012, 05:35 AM
They go when you are logged out.

Indeed!!

Lmao

*Zero*
09-09-2012, 08:26 AM
When is the glitch in the trip wires in consumer testing in cycorp gonna be fixed?
You get card and turn terminal off trip wire vanishes and you go thru it and still die..

Cahaun
09-09-2012, 08:30 AM
When is the glitch in the trip wires in consumer testing in cycorp gonna be fixed?
You get card and turn terminal off trip wire vanishes and you go thru it and still die..
Sorry but that sounds like a funny bug until I try it out. I never heard of it before.

BodMaster
09-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Sounds familiar (;

SkillFullGamer
09-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Pfffff STS Smh!

Cephei
09-09-2012, 03:04 PM
When is caaaap??

Gibber
09-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Hey Star Legends,

I'm going to try to answer some of the remaining questions to the best of my ability, but I may not have all the answers, or the answers you are looking for.

We don't have anything planned at this time, but that doesn't mean the answer to this question is no.

I don't see this changing, but the latest loot drop gear from Scorn 2 was a move to make loot gear more viable. Were we successful, discuss?!

This is not our current itemization strategy, so I don't see us introducing +/- gear.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this since Scorn 2 is out now and items are dropping. We tried to make these items worthwhile and drop at a reasonable rate. What do you think?

We don't have any new emotes of face/hairstyles on the schedule at this time, but if this is something that the players are wanting we can consider it. What would you like to see?

Astrocat
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey Star Legends,

More customizable inspect page, pure red hair, new style of hair like spikes or afros, and new style of face like with tatoos or masks? :p But thanks for that Gibber!

Mitchturbo
09-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks Gibber for giving us your time to answer these!
About the emotions, everyone wants new ones so badly! Like sitting down, a mute emotion, a scary emotion, a hug emotion, maybe a cookie emotion. Or more speciaL effects would be awesome :-)

HunterSLAYER
09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Gibber a faint emote would be awesome or feign emote :D

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Deathpunch
09-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Hmm... Gibber answered. Lemme try a question.

Gibber, why does it seem that Star Legends is getting the short end of the stick when it comes to content? No daily rewards, no gear above legendary, nothing like Pocket Legends or Dark Legends, and I won't even mention the exceptionally long time it took for this cap update. Oops, I guess I did. It smacks of favoritism and I can't say I much care for it.

-----
Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

flashbackflip
09-25-2012, 03:20 PM

Thank you for answers, Captain!

i want to stress the importance of the guild system of SL

as it seems new campaigns are gonna get more and more hardcore (which i'm totally fine with) we need more organised team play to successfully play them

we can live without new emotes and hairs, but we really need more ranks to keep our guilds alive and motivated

the way the system works now the only rank guildies wish is Officers and even reaching it they don't really have too many options with it

this should be updated imo - more ranks with different abilities to help in moderation as well as global motivation to achieve new ranks - look at it as a social achievements, but not in the 'titles' way, but real ones

there are lots of suggestions in the 'suggestions' - if you check them you will be able to get the picture as well as the way of expanding this aspect of play.. Let's make it SOCIAL!

here are some of them:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39654-*SUGGESTION*-More-Guildie-info-for-GMs

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?62959-suggestion-tier-4-(us)-guildhall-or-increase-player-limit

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?62607-suggestion-ban-players-accounts-from-guild

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58591-An-Idea-for-the-guild-system

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50594-quot-Guild-Tax-Guild-Bank-Guild-Level-up-Mechanic-and-Guild-Skills-quot-Suggestion

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?48302-Guild-Suggestion

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?48892-Boot-from-guild-tab

to put it really simple to implement you can just use more variety of ranks. Really easy to code. No new mechanics but will work great:

This suggestion, good or not-so-good, raises the question of a more complex guild managing system we were asking looooong ago...

More people 'in charge' will surely help as a GM, so the guild generally

There were several ideas about 'leutenants' and 'co-masters' and generally wider specter of guild ranks

This will lead to deeper social part of gameplay as well as more motivation for guild members to do something useful for a guild.. Now, as soon as a member joins, I rank him up to 'recruiter' coz otherwise he's kinda useless.. After he proves himself and his loyalty, I rank him up to the 'officer'... And... That's all I (or any GM) can do..

Concerning the very suggestion - co-leaders can be whoever they want (or need) to be - peacemakers or armory masters.. The point is we need it to be programmed! And the more positions in guild there will be - the better!!

This is not that hard I guess - to repeat the code lines so we could rank up not 3, but 15 times. And variables such as 'ranks' could be taken from fleet (navy) ranking system

UPD

And if STS will put more 'coding powa' into the guild system, then we could have more complex abilities for the officers and other guildies. I see it like 4 leveled members system:

1) only GM or co-leaders can boot

2) high class officers can promote and demote

3) medium class officers can only promote (and this should be approved by leaders)

4) junior class can only recruit

Plese note, that each 'class' includes several ranks, making a ladder of 12-16 ranks total

Slant
09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
these answers are cool
always wanted to know what kind of environment the new levels get developed in, are they tied in to the existing game in any way, and how the new content is merged with the existing content
also always wanted to know how the patch/software update works... guessing that the patch numbers restart after every time the main app gets updated, but does sts ever update the patches themselves, or are they just sent down in numbers till the next one
and vanity drops... know there is a lot of speculation in this area already, just wanted to know if drops are time specific (so many vanity drops in a week/month), so say only so many skulls drop in a week, or does this scale according to the number of people playing the game, so if more people play, more skulls drop

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Hey Star Legends,

First of it must be said, we appreciate the time you have taken to answer these1 questions. (Nice surprise)

I'm on the fence with this one now. I'm extremely glad you did away with previous layout for drops, nothing good become if that.

I believe the majority of people/players prefer how it is now, as you can have "cool" visuals even on the lowest sets of armour.

The only thing that leaves me on the fence is the fact that it's becoming a "PL in space" SL used to have a "special" feeling about it. Never used to follow in exactly anothers titles footsteps.

Overall the players seem happy old and new on this current system.

Two things that bugs me and many other I have spoken to;

1. The fact that the new geared Stats "mess" with Classes. Meaning a Op/Engi can Tank just as well as a Comm. This update has removed the need for different classes.

Either way;

Op Tank = High def/Crazy DMG output/Crazy dge

Engi Tank = High def/Crazy edge/Able to heal which acts as a part of a "higher Tank"

Com Tank = Get to be a Tank as they always were, but less effective depending on a messed up gear change meaning Part Orange/Green/Purple/Pink losing out on Stats, while other class there is no need and they get the full potential of the gears.

2. I'm able to Cap in two plays.

53k was perfectly fine. The only thing that needed to be changed was the rate the xp was given. Meaning higher XP per mob/boss kills.

53k - 12.1k is a huge drop.

The levelling curve seems like it was just thrown out of the window.

Increasing the XP per Mob/Boss kill would have just had the same effect but lasted longer.

Mitchturbo
09-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I do agree with Bodmaster :-) But I must add my view,
I welcome the changes Gibber made with the Armour, From Day one I always played my Engineer as a com, a tank. It used to get me killed a lot but the groups I was in always appreciated how I played, I healed and did a coms job aswell. It made me an excellent aggressive pve engineer. Usually leading Groups and controling aggro well, while doing everything a normal engineer should do too.

This new armour we have been graced with this time actually improves my ability to back up my playing style. It is a shame it isn't just exclusive to myself though hahaha and I can see how it has upset many players that any engineer can now tank now aswell.

It is good how they did throw in some new game changing armour/weapons sets. I bet a lot of enginees never imagined in their wildest dreams that they would be able to tank like I used to lol.

It's all a matter of opinion though and I'm personally glad Gibber added this as it certainly helps me and my pve party out with how I've always played this game :-)

octavos
09-26-2012, 01:46 PM
53k was perfectly fine. The only thing that needed to be changed was the rate the xp was given. Meaning higher XP per mob/boss kills.

53k - 12.1k is a huge drop.

The levelling curve seems like it was just thrown out of the window.

Increasing the XP per Mob/Boss kill would have just had the same effect but lasted longer.

XP in all levels is the same when a character receives it. I used XP enabler to reach from 41-45 on a 3x xp elix. I dont want more time to cap, it quickly becomes a grindfest that leaves no time for other games. We want to cap yea (we want vanity caps and stuff), but we also want to cap in other games and enjoy those too. PL became like this and now people wont leave that game to try other games for the fear of not staying competitive. Lowcap=play other sts games.

EG: I caped in SL now I can help in DL and soon AL. Imaging an update at the same time for 4 games of sts, and you cap in all games?!?! its maddening I tell you.

I know i'm not the only one who player who enjoys all the games. But caps are made to keep you busy till an update....now with a larger team I hope for smaller caps. I hope that PL gets smaller caps in the future.

I know there will be people telling me "then dont cap in other games, or dont play the other games" but thats not the point. if you invested effort to the games it becomes very close to you...ya'know. capped or not.

Zaonabiuibil
09-26-2012, 01:53 PM
XP in all levels is the same when a character receives it. I used XP enabler to reach from 41-45 on a 3x xp elix. I dont want more time to cap, it quickly becomes a grindfest that leaves no time for other games. We want to cap yea (we want vanity caps and stuff), but we also want to cap in other games and enjoy those too. PL became like this and now people wont leave that game to try other games for the fear of not staying competitive. Lowcap=play other sts games.

EG: I caped in SL now I can help in DL and soon AL. Imaging an update at the same time for 4 games of sts, and you cap in all games?!?! its maddening I tell you.

I know i'm not the only one who player who enjoys all the games. But caps are made to keep you busy till an update....now with a larger team I hope for smaller caps. I hope that PL gets smaller caps in the future.

I know there will be people telling me "then dont cap in other games, or dont play the other games" but thats not the point. if you invested effort to the games it becomes very close to you...ya'know. capped or not.

Yes, yes, yes, BUT. Capping was meant to be ELITE. It was to show who wanted to go the extra mile. Now basically anyone can get it in a week. Where is the challenge? Where is the fun? I get where you're coming from, but everyone has a favorite game, so people should go all out on that one, and then see how far they can get on the others. Didn't expect to wait 9 months only to cap less than a week after it came out. That's just my opinion, but once again I do get where you're coming from.

enifreboz
09-26-2012, 01:53 PM
guys i think there should be a time decided and there should be all devs,admins, i.e gibber,justg,delphina,sam come to ucs and answer our questions one by one what do you say a meeting for discussion...................

enifreboz
09-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks Gibber for giving us your time to answer these!
About the emotions, everyone wants new ones so badly! Like sitting down, a mute emotion, a scary emotion, a hug emotion, maybe a cookie emotion. Or more speciaL effects would be awesome :-)
really i would love to have them all

octavos
09-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes, yes, yes, BUT. Capping was meant to be ELITE. It was to show who wanted to go the extra mile. Now basically anyone can get it in a week. Where is the challenge? Where is the fun? I get where you're coming from, but everyone has a favorite game, so people should go all out on that one, and then see how far they can get on the others. Didn't expect to wait 9 months only to cap less than a week after it came out. That's just my opinion, but once again I do get where you're coming from.

Elite is open interpretation my friend, I can be elite by collecting all vanities or helping tons of friends. XP cap is how much free time you have. Being a working adult and this being a mobile game, I would expect that Elite would have a different meaning. Zaona, I see where you come from too...but if you pop tons of elix don't that defeat the purpose or does that show how big your wallet is?. But i do believe that you should cap in little time because since devs never give a definite date on new releases, you can be cut short on the cap item, and you dont want that do ya :p

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I do agree with Bodmaster :-) But I must add my view,
I welcome the changes Gibber made with the Armour, From Day one I always played my Engineer as a com, a tank. It used to get me killed a lot but the groups I was in always appreciated how I played, I healed and did a coms job aswell. It made me an excellent aggressive pve engineer. Usually leading Groups and controling aggro well, while doing everything a normal engineer should do too.

This new armour we have been graced with this time actually improves my ability to back up my playing style. It is a shame it isn't just exclusive to myself though hahaha and I can see how it has upset many players that any engineer can now tank now aswell.

It is good how they did throw in some new game changing armour/weapons sets. I bet a lot of enginees never imagined in their wildest dreams that they would be able to tank like I used to lol.

It's all a matter of opinion though and I'm personally glad Gibber added this as it certainly helps me and my pve party out with how I've always played this game :-)

But you must admit it has lessened the need for other Classes. All can Tank, so an actual player that loves to Tank hasn't got a specific task now.

Normal DMG, unable to heal/rev, has less dge but more armour. It's not a wonder why everyone has changed their mains to Op/Engi.

And players that only enjoy SL, where does that leave them?

A cap should take longer than 2 plays. Why Cap 10+ players on the same content, seems pointless.

This was challenging at lvl 32-36 at least. (x3)

Not even a week after and there was a thread asking for a Cap raise.

Like I said previously if there is a plan to keep "constant" updates read for SL then this is the way to go about it. However if this is going to be in place to keep us "occupied" for another 8-10 months then good this will not end up well.

bronislav84
09-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Still waiting on an answer on a Sit emote.

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM

Lol Bron, Gib said to suggest some. So go to suggestions either look for a thread that has already been created or make a new one if one doesn't exist (;

octavos
09-26-2012, 02:15 PM
And players that only enjoy SL, where does that leave them? this is me, SL is my home. Find another game to play as I was forced to do with a year without updates. I don't have the energy and time to grind.

A cap should take longer than 2 plays. Why Cap 10+ players on the same content, seems pointless. Yea, good point

This was challenging at lvl 32-36 at least. (x3) best piece was the helm, and enemies were easy...all you need was time to invest.

Not even a week after and there was a thread asking for a Cap raise. Kids bod. Me, you or even mitch wouldn't ask for that. You know were on the same side.

Like I said previously if there is a plan to keep "constant" updates read for SL then this is the way to go about it. However if this is going to be in place to keep us "occupied" for another 8-10 months then good this will not end up well. Sam has stated that SL was on the backburner. But since JustG's statement I believe we will see updates pretty regularly. Maybe not a cap event...but something to keep us busy. Just take a glance at my news thread...I documented everything XD

flashbackflip
09-26-2012, 02:19 PM

I was talkin to Gibber in pms and asked him to join the discussion again

though i think Bod is suggesting good thing - lets help 'em out with proposals

Astrocat
09-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Just can't wait for new vanity's and the customs.. :).

--
Sent by a Cat, using Tapatalk in Space!

Mitchturbo
09-26-2012, 03:44 PM
But you must admit it has lessened the need for other Classes. All can Tank, so an actual player that loves to Tank hasn't got a specific task.

You make a really valid point :-) I actually agree with you there :-)
Again I do wish the new eng armour was exclusive to myself in that aspect or we had the ability in this game to merge classes (or jobs in some rpg)
It really isn't fair to the coms who enjoyed playing the tanks.
At least you still have the aggro and mob control and majority of aoe damage ^_^
(Trying to look at the positives for you) *Big manly hug*

Also I agree the cap should of been 25k instead of 50k and 12k but then again I get stressed trying to lvl in time before cap update thanks to my children, wife and job. So I'm happier and less stressed now I've capped but I am on the same side. Aslong as there are new content and stuff added all the time I think we will all benefit from it. Hopefully a new cap will be available to us in Winter.

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 03:55 PM
You make a really valid point :-) I actually agree with you there :-)
Again I do wish the new eng armour was exclusive to myself in that aspect or we had the ability in this game to merge classes (or jobs in some rpg)
It really isn't fair to the coms who enjoyed playing the tanks.
At least you still have the aggro and mob control and majority of aoe damage ^_^
(Trying to look at the positives for you) *Big manly hug*

Also I agree the cap should of been 25k instead of 50k and 12k but then again I get stressed trying to lvl in time before cap update thanks to my children, wife and job. So I'm happier and less stressed now I've capped but I am on the same side. Aslong as there are new content and stuff added all the time I think we will all benefit from it. Hopefully a new cap will be available to us in Winter.

Out of thanks lol.

Just like the idea of Classes being there for a reason, and with this update I feel that has been lost somewhat.

And that XP requirement was nuked, not nerf'd/adjusted a little lol. I could have lived with 25/30k (: (and would be playing right now not lurking the forums xD)

Slant
09-26-2012, 05:53 PM
also was looking forward to seeing some blackstar stuff in the final game
what happened to all the stuff developed for blackstar? any chance these things will be introduced in later caps?

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 11:19 PM
also was looking forward to seeing some blackstar stuff in the final game
what happened to all the stuff developed for blackstar? any chance these things will be introduced in later caps?

Was stated it will be eventually. Guess they will at least introduce it after 3rd Scorn. (Will be handy to get confirmation*though)

bronislav84
09-27-2012, 07:48 PM
I suggested a Sit emote back in beta iirc. Is it time to suggest it again maybe?

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 06:12 AM
I suggested a Sit emote back in beta iirc. Is it time to suggest it again maybe?

If so, suggest more than just Sit emote, make it a full suggestion worth noting. Any Emote you can think of should be added, and allow others to add, maybe edit and add the ones you find suitable?

Then at least when the Dev see it they can get a rough idea on the next batch of Emotes to be released ;)

Zaonabiuibil
09-29-2012, 06:42 AM
If so, suggest more than just Sit emote, make it a full suggestion worth noting. Any Emote you can think of should be added, and allow others to add, maybe edit and add the ones you find suitable?

Then at least when the Dev see it they can get a rough idea on the next batch of Emotes to be released ;)

I like this ^ what if someone made a thread on emote suggestions, and as people suggested more they added to the list?

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 06:49 AM
I like this ^ what if someone made a thread on emote suggestions, and as people suggested more they added to the list?

Isn't that what I just said? Or are you just trying confuzzle me :O (it worked by the way xD)

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Do it. Do it. Cause I honestly don't care about other emotes and can't think of any others myself.

All I care about is sitting in chairs and similar stuff. Standing inside a chair is just not the same.

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 11:43 AM

Do it. Do it. Cause I honestly don't care about other emotes and can't think of any others myself.

All I care about is sitting in chairs and similar stuff. Standing inside a chair is just not the same.

Zaon, seems just the right man for the job, crazy imagination that one. Make it a good one buddy xD

Deathpunch
09-29-2012, 01:04 PM
I want a milking a cow emote.

-----

Astrocat
09-29-2012, 01:18 PM

-----

ZOMG me too!!

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 04:58 PM

-----

You know that seriously wouldn't look good stood next to another player, without a Mooooo right ;) (LOL)

Cahaun
09-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Here you go

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Here you go

"Psst.. how's that a "Milking a Cow" emote?" :p

ETA:

Don't answer that, need to keep this thread on track, of we want Gibber to continue to take this thread seriously and answer a few questions in the mean time.

Zaonabiuibil
09-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Lmao I'll make it XD

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Lmao I'll make it XD

Out of thanks xD (You will get my next next one, on any random post I see of yours, even if its the worst post ever, which I doubts possible ;))

Deathpunch
09-30-2012, 09:48 AM
You know that seriously wouldn't look good stood next to another player, without a Mooooo right ;) (LOL)

Of course, add a moo. That was my intention from the beginning.

>_>
<_<
X_X

-----
I have no witty tapatalk sig ideas.

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Of course, add a moo. That was my intention from the beginning.

>_>
<_<
X_X

-----
I have no witty tapatalk sig ideas.

Hmmm sure sure, I could tell.. either way its been added to the Emote list for Devs now ;)

Mitchturbo
09-30-2012, 11:05 AM
How about adding A "Troll Here" Emotion XD That would be awesome and funny sometimes like when there's an argument in B* or a "rusher" in pvp starts targeting a player and both end up bad mouthing XD Funny immature stuff like that can be hilarious with a "Troll Here" sign emotion ;-)

Or An AFK emotion, The player lies on the ground sleeping on a pillow.

Astrocat
09-30-2012, 11:09 AM
How about adding A "Troll Here" Emotion XD That would be awesome and funny sometimes like when there's an argument in B* or a "rusher" in pvp starts targeting a player and both end up bad mouthing XD Funny immature stuff like that can be hilarious with a "Troll Here" sign emotion ;-)

I'll do that troll emotion a lot then :rolleyes:

Sent using Tapatalk.

Commanderkeen
09-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Finally got around to reading the OP great thread Flip.

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Here's a cool thread to chuck your idea's in buddy; (Link being a pain) check Suggestions "Emotes Anyone?"

Your other idea's have already been added to the OP xD

Cahaun
09-30-2012, 12:09 PM
How about a "playing dead" emote? We already have death animations in the game.

Commanderkeen
09-30-2012, 01:08 PM

I would love to have that emote. Great idea!

Zaonabiuibil
09-30-2012, 01:51 PM

Added both to the list!

Deathpunch
09-30-2012, 01:58 PM
A "I'm muted" emote? Anyone suggest that here, yet?

-----
*insert witty tapatalk sig here*

Astrocat
09-30-2012, 02:00 PM

-----

That would be cool!

Commanderkeen
09-30-2012, 02:23 PM

-----

We already have that emote *wave*

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 02:34 PM

-----

Want a Vanity Hat for that xD

Zaonabiuibil
09-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Let's not clutter this thread any longer, behold!:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70480-Emotes-Anyone!

Slant
10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
some stuff I found in the old Blackstar video, looks like bits of it did get in the game

scorn detonator
engineer
sgt omicron
joit king
crusader boss
warpriest boss
warpriest boss has the forbidden coral
vular hatchling tender
ranger
shockwave

BodMaster
10-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Fwom my good fwend;

So are we getting set bonuses or customs with the new pink armor sets? And what happened to the new weapons?

Zaonabiuibil
10-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Fwom my good fwend;

Yes, after AL release, a PL cap, 3 DL caps, and an AL cap update. Heck, add halloween and christmas events on there too.

Iaceden
10-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Will a set bonus for Arbiter's be added soon?

BodMaster
10-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Will a set bonus for Arbiter's be added soon?

From the Dragons mouth itself, it was stated we will only get the set bonus for completing the set. (Not part set like PL)

Looks like it will be added after arms and legs caps.

Mrbananaz
10-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I want bald!!!

onalebab
10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
The things I would like to see in Star Legends:
1) Development. Rarely does anything happen anymore. Remember when the Hive was released? That was fun. And the Chrome event was fun. The holiday events are not. They are pitiful ploys to get players in, for often poor and too common vanities. I was the first in the game to have a Wraith Shield in-auction, but the patch came and the price dropped. Ok, but my point is, it's BORING. When you hit the cap, you're out of stuff to do, except vanity runs. Events should happen more often, at least 1 decent one for 1 week every month.
2) Customization. Let's have some color changes! Dyes fix this. We'd like to change the pallettes on some things.
3) Spaceflight. While I know that is tough, do a Halo Reach style level of flight. Just one would satisfy. Also, Mechs would be great additions. Firepower and armor, but you go VERY slowly in comparison to normal. They are available in levels, and can look like the alpha-bot.
4) New guns. They don't have to be fancy. Just new.
5) Revamp. Bring some things, like Alphonics work orders and bounties, back. Let us use the terminals at level 46. Not just level 10-30.
6) Crafting. Bring in more stuff. Scorn II should have some.
7) Armor. We could use some new designs. The Scorn II comm had great new armor, but a bad helm. Ops and Engineers got recycled Scorn armor. It makes sense, but new armor for EVERYONE would be welcome. I'm a graphic designer. I've designed armor for the comms, under Meganaut Mk. II nameplate. It would be similar but different. I'd be willing to toss my designs to a development member for free, if i were just asked.
8) Talk. Communicate WITH us, not to us! Your community is important, Spacetime! WE PAY YOUR BILLS AND PAYCHECKS. We buy platinum. We look at ads when they come around. We just want our game developed like PL and DL. I've played PL. I've played DL. But I only like SL. That is something you need to understand. Some people only play SL. We want updates! This is the most unique game you have right now! WE HAVE GUNS. Last time I checked, PL DL and AL do not. Guns are not hard to design.
9) Upgrade. The plain guns have no perks whatsoever. Everyone is shooting for Pinks at level 46. Make some variety! THROW TRASH AT THE HIGH LEVELS! We are selling Orange and Green items because we have purple! COME ON! Let's get some variety in here! Nobody likes trash, but it makes our greens seem better, you know?
10) Bonuses. Give us bonuses sometimes! If we have run a boss 100 times in a row, let there be a chance it drops creds or plat or something! This is an afterthought, but it would be a neat addition.
11) Dailies. Ours aren't great. And the Scorn ones usually don't work. All games can use a daily thing that is unique. Try a scavenger hunt daily that requires us to find a certain item! It can be randomized, and we get like 50 xp and 50 creds for it! Wouldn't you like it if you got to do that! Then the Level Cappers have something to do while they wait!

You guys have done a great job with this game. My biggest, and really only, complaint is that you seem to not want to keep developing it. This is the game that replaced what you were built on-Blackstar. Don't let it fall by the wayside. We are fans, players, artists, geeks, nerds, jocks, and lovers of and in this game. Show us that you care STS. Develop a little more for us! I love your game, I have logged over a year as a member, and I just want to see a little of what we used to have. The Chrome event was the best thing ever IMHO. Let's do stuff like that again! Thanks for listening.

-Onalebab/Onalebar/Onalebac

Deathpunch
10-30-2012, 09:57 AM
My wish list for SL:

1. Communication from the devs. I don't know about y'all, but I absolutely despise being ignored. The truth of the matter is the ONLY reason I'm still around here is because of the fine people in my guild. I sometimes wish that I liked PL or DL as much as I like SL so I didn't have to deal with the deafening silence coming from Austin. I would, however, like to thank STS for saving me tens, if not hundreds, of dollars that I would have spent on this game if they had showed any sort of interest in keeping it as up to date as the other two Legends games. I fully expect this post to be deleted, as that's the STS way, just delete the stuff that makes them look bad, hell, I may even get an infraction, but honestly, I really don't care at this point, sort of like them.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

BodMaster
10-30-2012, 10:13 AM
My wish list for SL:

1. Communication from the devs. I don't know about y'all, but I absolutely despise being ignored. The truth of the matter is the ONLY reason I'm still around here is because of the fine people in my guild. I sometimes wish that I liked PL or DL as much as I like SL so I didn't have to deal with the deafening silence coming from Austin. I would, however, like to thank STS for saving me tens, if not hundreds, of dollars that I would have spent on this game if they had showed any sort of interest in keeping it as up to date as the other two Legends games. I fully expect this post to be deleted, as that's the STS way, just delete the stuff that makes them look bad, hell, I may even get an infraction, but honestly, I really don't care at this point, sort of like them.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Your not alone brother! Previously was spending 2-4k plat per new cap raise/special event, as it was something I could believe in, never had an issue with spending if the game shows promise, I enjoy it, and can see the development as the game grows. (Unfortunately the opposite seems to be the scenario at this time)

(I didn't comment to quote your post to ensure that even if it gets deleted, it shall remain forever.. honest)

Zaonabiuibil
10-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Your not alone brother! Previously was spending 2-4k plat per new cap raise/special event, as it was something I could believe in, never had an issue with spending if the game shows promise, I enjoy it, and can see the development as the game grows. (Unfortunately the opposite seems to be the scenario at this time)

(I didn't comment to quote your post to ensure that even if it gets deleted, it shall remain forever.. honest)

Amen to DP and Bod (And we know, they could just delete your post as well, which would mean deleting mine, and we probably started a whole chain here) I blew money on all the cool new stuff in SL, but I see no cool new stuff. We'd pop the $ if you guys popped trying to make adavances in this game, instead of recycling. If you think SL isn't your best money making opportunity, it's only because you haven't tried. It is the most diverse game thus far, and you'd see major skyrockets in profit if you took just 15-30 minutes more each day on this game. Please.

Deathpunch
10-30-2012, 10:19 AM

Lmao! While I'm not nearly as invested in this game as you, it's still the game I've spent the most money on in my life.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

BodMaster
10-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Amen to DP and Bod (And we know, they could just delete your post as well, which would mean deleting mine, and we probably started a whole chain here) I blew money on all the cool new stuff in SL, but I see no cool new stuff. We'd pop the $ if you guys popped trying to make adavances in this game, instead of recycling. If you think SL isn't your best money making opportunity, it's only because you haven't tried. It is the most diverse game thus far, and you'd see major skyrockets in profit if you took just 15-30 minutes more each day on this game. Please.

Agreed, until AL full release/expansion I can't see SL getting the attention it needs to accomplish that. And who knows, 6 months time a new title is on the way putting SL on the back burner again. (Ever feel like SL has literally become a place to spend plat for their pocket change towards each new title?)

Lmao! While I'm not nearly as invested in this game as you, it's still the game I've spent the most money on in my life.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Just a shame that it can't be shown through the development. Since 36, it's gone down hill. (Would say 41, but the time it was available, ensures I can't say that)

Deathpunch
10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Agreed, until AL full release/expansion I can't see SL getting the attention it needs to accomplish that. And who knows, 6 months time a new title is on the way putting SL on the back burner again. (Ever feel like SL has literally become a place to spend plat for their pocket change towards each new title?)

Yep. Been like that since DL, and I'm tired of supporting a game that I don't even have installed, let alone play, with the money I spend on a game that I do play. I feel that the money spent in a game should mostly go towards the development of that game, not just a little here or there to attempt to shut people up. Instead, we get a Dev team that seems like it has a serious case of ADHD or ADD and can't seem to focus on any one thing, thus causing everything except the new game, THAT ISN'T EVEN RELEASED AND NO ONE CAN EVEN PLAY IT, to receive the lions share of money.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Babbare
10-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Beautiful. Could not agree more on this.

Mitchturbo
10-30-2012, 01:20 PM
I completely agree with everything here especially Deathpunch, Bodmasta and Zao. You guys are correct. Keep Rocking and hopefully one day we will receive what we pay for :-)

BodMaster
10-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Yep. Been like that since DL, and I'm tired of supporting a game that I don't even have installed, let alone play, with the money I spend on a game that I do play. I feel that the money spent in a game should mostly go towards the development of that game, not just a little here or there to attempt to shut people up. Instead, we get a Dev team that seems like it has a serious case of ADHD or ADD and can't seem to focus on any one thing, thus causing everything except the new game, THAT ISN'T EVEN RELEASED AND NO ONE CAN EVEN PLAY IT, to receive the lions share of money.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Exactly my sentiments too, word for word!

Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way, sure there are many, many more, just less inclined to speak up.

Deathpunch
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Exactly my sentiments too, word for word!

Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way, sure there are many, many more, just less inclined to speak up.

Speak up, people! Infractions don't hurt much, although politeness is the soul of civility! Bod and I can attest to that!

*stirs pot*

*checks pm inbox*

Lulz!

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

tupac
10-30-2012, 01:56 PM
awesome