cjswogkstkdg
09-06-2012, 04:53 PM
please give a SPECIFIC reason why you deleted them or removed them

Bless
09-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Huh? Are you a dev?

BodMaster
09-06-2012, 05:11 PM
This may shed some light on the issue; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?68395-Re-Level-Cap-Raise-and-New-Campaign-Coming-Soon-to-Star-Legends/page3

See Sam's comment and Morfic's.

I'm not a fan of this method either, but I guess we can't expect them to go though individual bad eggs. (Though I would love it if they attempted to do so in the future)

Ark
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
They delete them because some threads/comments are against the ToS. Simple as that! :)

Justg
09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Raging, insulting devs, demanding things, overly-dramatic suppositions, sweeping generalizations... all these things get deleted.

We love these games as much as you do, so in general be cool and we will too!

Zaonabiuibil
09-06-2012, 05:52 PM

That was a good rhyme. o.o

akfury
09-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Raging, insulting devs, demanding things, overly-dramatic suppositions, sweeping generalizations... all these things get deleted.

we got some pretty cool devs just gonna say

drewcapu
09-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I delete comments all the time because I often say dumb things.

bronislav84
09-06-2012, 07:35 PM

We love these games as much as you do, so in general be cool and we will too!So um, my thread about needing new blood in SL and how the quality of new players has degraded got poofed because.....?

Didn't have any of that in it sir. Just wondering.

StompArtist
09-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Perhaps a quick note (one liner) to the original poster would help alleviate some frustrations?

BodMaster
09-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I delete comments all the time because I often say dumb things.

I thought it was to keep you ELITE status? (Seriously can't believe you have kept that up buddy :D)

So um, my thread about needing new blood in SL and how the quality of new players has degraded got poofed because.....?

Didn't have any of that in it sir. Just wondering.

Most common/logical reason is the thread I had posted above, unfortunately sometime's the if you post a legit question/suggestion in the middle of the "chaos" it gets removed. (From feedback hopefully this method is reconsidered in the future and only delete what actually goes against ToS/JustG's comment to cause less of a disturbance within the community)

bronislav84
09-06-2012, 08:35 PM
No Bod somebody deleted my whole thread where we were discussing the baren-ness of SL and the degrading quality of new players, not one post. Was hoping G could shed some light on what they didn't like about it.

StompArtist
09-06-2012, 08:44 PM
There is more and more deletion and I am finding myself discussing things that I am unsatisfied with on external (guild) websites more frequently than I used to. Hopefully this gets addressed because it is difficult to make suggestions to the dev team when exchange of ideas and a certain level of debating (currently interpreted by the moderators as drama) is prohibited.

Makes me wish there was a neutral gaming website dedicated to sts games ;)

morfic
09-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Makes me wish there was a neutral gaming website dedicated to sts games ;)

*Shifty Eyes*

Prestige
09-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Like a reddit sub forum.

BodMaster
09-06-2012, 11:06 PM
*Shifty Eyes*

.... :O

Justg
09-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Sometimes drama does arise. Sometimes lots of drama arises. It is the nature of social communities in general.

When we clean up threads, sometimes posts that quote the overly dramatic ones get cleaned up as well.

I promise we know and understand how you feel, and we really don't mean to hurt any feelings.

And we're totally good with neutral gaming websites for spirited debates ;-)

BodMaster
09-06-2012, 11:15 PM
No Bod somebody deleted my whole thread where we were discussing the baren-ness of SL and the degrading quality of new players, not one post. Was hoping G could shed some light on what they didn't like about it.

Was there drama in the thread? That's one of G's pet hates which would be removed.

And from just that small sentence alone I could see possible slanderous/unethical behavior.

Nvm ninja'd :p

Remember we all started somewhere, including you if you can remember that far back bron (;

razerfingers
09-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Was there drama in the thread? That's one of G's pet hates which would be removed.

And from just that small sentence alone I could see possible slanderous/unethical behavior. Remember we all started somewhere, including you if you can remember back that far bron (;

Thread hijack!!! Hola bod just when i thought AoC was gonna become extinct in SL ;) still in it on comando dont not keep promises xD

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

BodMaster
09-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Thread hijack!!! Hola bod just when i thought AoC was gonna become extinct in SL ;) still in it on comando dont not keep promises xD

Heyy Razer!! Been a long time buddy, hope alls going well and I actually see a rep bar or two :p (Still remember your - negative rep bar.. good times :D)

I jumped on yesterday I believe caught up with some peeps, and also seen a few active AoC'rs :O

As you could guess we filled that B* up pretty quickly (;

*Zero*
09-07-2012, 06:06 AM
.... :O

Only if there was such a place!

Deathpunch
09-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Raging, insulting devs, demanding things, overly-dramatic suppositions, sweeping generalizations... all these things remind me of deathpunch and his drama llama.

Fix't it for ya.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

razerfingers
09-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Heyy Razer!! Been a long time buddy, hope alls going well and I actually see a rep bar or two :p (Still remember your - negative rep bar.. good times :D)

I jumped on yesterday I believe caught up with some peeps, and also seen a few active AoC'rs :O

As you could guess we filled that B* up pretty quickly (;

Haha oh yes, i guess im too funny for my own good my rep bar turned green ;) and sweet! Ive seen a few on before too just only once since i pop in here and there xP

Snakespeare
09-07-2012, 11:18 AM
If people want a message board where they can rage and not be deleted, they should make one. DanielRH made one and announced it here. Nobody used it. It's still there, I think. Sam replied on Daniel's announcement thread that they are happy when people make more support materials on outside sites, and did point out that they do monitor those, as well. But beware because if you are insulting on those sites it could still affect your status here.

But this site is a commercial site. It's not anarchy, or democracy. It is wholly owned and operated by a business. It is partly a form of advertising. That is why they pay people to keep the negatives down and the positives up. Would anyone else do it differently? Would anyone seriously expect me to believe he would host a message board for a game he made and just allow it to be dominated by thread titles screaming doom and second-guessing every decision? It's easy to say you would be different, but when you are trying to keep 3 dozen employees and their families working and fed, the need for a child to throw his personal tantrum will seem a lot less important.

Anyway, check out Daniel's board if you want to be free to make posts about how all the new players are inferior to you. He won't delete it. But I can't blame G for deleting such a thread here. You can even swear on Daniel's board, if you feel you need to emphasize your wit with colorful metaphors.

bronislav84
09-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I guess G wasn't the one who deleted my thread, cause there wasn't any drama there either. We were just debating lack of players in SL and the ones that do exist their skill level was declining. Sharing stories of people not playing their jobs, no names at all.

Unless you count that as drama? O.o

Snakespeare
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
It's not drama, but it's a bit insulting, don't you think, to pass judgement generally on other peoples' skills?

bronislav84
09-07-2012, 12:43 PM
We weren't naming names though. We were just saying how we have seen players play, and there's few people in general playing maps now. Hard to get a group going. Both issues are valid.

StompArtist
09-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Some folks are just plain overly sensitive! :D

morfic
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
If people want a message board where they can rage and not be deleted, they should make one.

Done! I am about to make a thread on this, but I do have another forum I have been working on. Feel free to come visit.

www.stsfanforums.com

Hope to see ya there.

akfury
09-07-2012, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=morfic;773525]Done! I am about to make a thread on this, but I do have another forum I have been working on. Feel free to come visit.

www.stsfanforums.com

Hope to see ya there.[/QUOTE/]

yay a trolls heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaocalur
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
That was a good rhyme. o.o
Like you knew I would show up. Lmao

Zaonabiuibil
09-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Like you knew I would show up. Lmao

Hehe my side plot worked ;)

SkillFullGamer
09-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I hate when I make a post I shouldn't of...and I can't get rid of the shame :3