PDA

View Full Version : free 10m

Otukura
09-07-2012, 01:13 AM
10m contest coming, only req is YOU MUST CHECK FORUMS(this thread) VERY FREQUENTLY, send me a fr on the forums. i'll accept in order of how awesome you are, will probably cap at 14 people, or 18(a red mafia will be added, same as the blue, seperate chat) if I there are more cool people than I think there are on the forums. if there is a tie, you get half the gold

there will be one or two trial runs before playing, so people can get the hang of it, and we can see if there are any underperformers

i'm stealing the rules from another forum where i do this a ton, so some things might sound a bit weird

Rules:
1. Roles will be decided after sign-ups. Each role is random. If you get a role you don't like, too bad.
2. If you want to play, you must be active. This means a commitment of reading/replying to this thread at least once/day, but it will probably require more time than that.
3. You may not collaborate with other players outside of this thread through PM, IRC, AIM, other forums threads, etc. This is on the honor system. The game is ruined if you cheat. If I catch you, someone else gets your spot. Cheating is a waste of everyone's time.
4. Day voting lasts up to 24 hours. For this game, after a majority is reached to lynch a player, that player will be put on the hangman's block and it will be "twilight." Talk during this time is allowed, however no new votes will count. Once I see that a majority vote has been reached, I will lock the thread, said person will be lynched and it will move on to "Nighttime." If nobody has the required majority of votes within 24 hours, whoever has the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie in a plurality vote, then it will be considered "no lynch" and nobody will be lynched that day. "No lynch" is allowed as a vote.
5.Night rounds end either once all applicable power roles have reported in or when 24 hours have passed, whichever comes first. If you are a power role and do not submit(PM me) your night action before the night round ends, go die in a hole, I'll swap someone else out or you die, one of the two.
Night action order of precedence: Granny > Roleblocker > Bus Driver > Jailkeeper > Tracker > Watcher > Doctor > Kill. All kills are executed simultaneously. A player who is killing someone while getting killed will still be successful in their kill (resulting in 2 deaths).
6. Dead people cannot talk, period. You won't get any munies if your team does end up winning.
7. No screenshots allowed for any purpose.
8. Mafia Members (and Masons, if applicable in this scenario) have chat rooms(I will PM you a link, USE YOUR FORUM NAME when joining). They are meant to stay private. Do not post anything from your chat room, or pretend to post anything from your chat room.
9. When voting to lynch a player, you must type their name in bold so it's easier to differentiate official votes from normal discussion. eg, "LYNCH MYSTICALDREAM" <-- good person to lynch, btw
10. Once the game starts, I will not answer questions that are asked in the game thread. If you ever have a question during the game, you can PM me to make sure you are not breaking any rules/understand how the game works. If I feel that my answer will be helpful to everyone playing (purely to understand the mechanics of the game, not to affect the outcome), I will then post it for everyone to see, so nobody will know who originally asked the question.
11. Anyone who was killed during night in the previous game is safe from night kills for the first night in this game. (Can still be lynched, and all non-killing night actions can still be used on them). Nobody is immune from KILLS the first night.

Roles

Town: 10 members (1m each if you win)
(4) Vanilla Town - Has no special powers or privileges other than to vote during the day
(1) Doctor - Chooses one person at night to save. If this person would be killed they survive. Cannot save himself.
(1) Cop - Investigates one person each night to find out if they are guilty or innocent.
(1) 1x Bulletproof - This role cannot be killed by roles that use guns during the night (Vigilante/Mafia) while he has his bulletproof vest on. After he is targeted by any role that uses his gun, at the end of that night he will lose the bullet proof vest. Since the serial killer and poisoners do not use guns their abilities still affect him. Can still be lynched. Can be poisoned. Becomes a Vanilla after.
(1) 1x Vigilante - Can choose to kill 1 person any night. Becomes a Vanilla after.
(1) Sensor - Is told after each day how many Mafia members were on the lynching bandwagon.
(1) Miller - Has no special powers but will turn up as Mafia to Cop investigations. Considered a Town vote to the sensor.

Blue Mafia: 4 members (2.5m each if you win)
(1) Insane Cop - Same as a Cop, but guilty people turn up as innocent, and vice-versa.
(1) Hooker - Chooses one person to block each night. Cannot block the same player 3 nights in a row.
(1) Poisoner - Once per game may choose to poison one player during the night. (Although he cannot perform this action AND a night kill at the same time, it may be done in addition to a regular mafia kill). The next day it will be reported that someone was poisoned and the following night that person will die. The doctor can only block the initial poisoning and cannot cure a target that has already been poisoned. The poisoner may still carry out regular mafia hits.
(1) Janitor - Once per game may perform a special kill (instead of the regular mafia kill) in which the players role will only be revealed to the Janitor if the kill is successful. Doctor and Bulletproof will block this kill and it will not be available for use a second time if it fails. The Janitor may still carry out regular mafia hits.

3rd Party: 1 member (10m reward if you win)
(1) Serial Killer - Kills one person per night. His only goal is to be the last person alive. Shows up innocent for cop and insane cop investigations.

NIGHT STARTS AT 6PM PST
DAY STARTS AT 6AM PST

Post here asking anything you're uncertain about. If you act like animals, i gif gold to daybid

Otukura
09-07-2012, 01:17 AM
reserved because my post count helps my ego

HunterSLAYER
09-07-2012, 02:13 AM
A role playing game huh

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Kiwihawk
09-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Ok Im Really Comfused Lol

Lowlyspy
09-07-2012, 02:30 AM
Took a few reads but i think i caught the gist of it. Sounds fun.

WoundedEagle
09-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Interesting.

NECROREAPER
09-07-2012, 05:04 AM
I'm in, if I can be O.o

Zaonabiuibil
09-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Cool.

ImHawk
09-07-2012, 05:50 AM
A nice event thrown in cool..
Lolz little confused tho

Xionskull
09-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Kewl! Sounds neat. I prefer the rl version but I'll give this a go if you want ;).

Worship
09-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Im quite confused as well..

Reserved <-- I think I need to reserve just in case of anything..

Suentous PO
09-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Awesome.
Can I still kill people at night if you do not choose me to play?

Zeus
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm in! :)

nmyxspaceship
09-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Hallo:) Ready! Lmk.

Noodleleg
09-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Hehe! In!

Ithrive
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
OMG IM IN I WANT THE 10M I HAVE NEVER HAD 600k HAVE SYMPATHY ON ME PLEASE

Nihiliste
09-07-2012, 04:04 PM
<---Entered.

Ithrive
09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
But i am confused

Otukura
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
But i am confused

what don't you get?

Suentous PO
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Dead people are confused, I started killing early.

Ithrive
09-08-2012, 12:32 PM
I dont get what u r supposed to do

Otukura
09-08-2012, 12:46 PM
I dont get what u r supposed to do

reading helps

considering most people don't care to send a fr, don't think i'll be able to do this.

HunterSLAYER
09-08-2012, 01:45 PM
reading helps

considering most people don't care to send a fr, don't think i'll be able to do this.

I'll send you one when i get home.
On tab now.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Twinklaser
09-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Im in :D

ooommmggg
09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I wanna play!

Noodleleg
09-08-2012, 07:05 PM
You guys are very bad at reading directions...

Zaonabiuibil
09-08-2012, 09:20 PM
You guys are very bad at reading directions...

When things don't go right, I go left.

Writing
10-09-2012, 04:32 PM
:soap:
Same BUT I WANT 10m

dudetus
10-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Pls me poor i wants golds i wants in.

ooommmggg
10-09-2012, 06:36 PM
lol forum begging

Mothwing
10-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm not in the essay reading mood :/

Zeus
10-09-2012, 11:21 PM
He lies, it's not free, requires brainpower.

BodMaster
10-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Does this exist or was it dumped lol, that gap tells me otherwise. (Unless posted somewhere else :p)

Mothwing
10-09-2012, 11:39 PM
He lies, it's not free, requires brainpower.

Which I don't have xD

BodMaster
10-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Which I don't have xD

Maybe not more than most.. but it's there if you look hard enough xD

Astrocat
10-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Hmm, Nice.

dudetus
10-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Instructions might be hard for a "foreigner" to understand aka a person who doesn't speak english as mother tongue. Not that the vocabulary is hard but...

I believe most who have entered the contest haven't even read anything but r only begging for that 10M.

StompArtist
10-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Mystical what will you have for lynch? Turkey sandwich alright?

Noodleleg
10-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Mystical what will you have for lynch? Turkey sandwich alright?

Tuna and Egg Salad ftw.

Ubernewber
10-10-2012, 06:40 PM
It looks confusing

Suentous PO
10-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Was I the only one to follow instructions? Im not even buggin out about the money.
Days are gonna start getting longer if people make the world go round.

dudetus
10-11-2012, 11:15 AM
What if this whole game is just a scam in which Otu wants to feel popular as he gets tons of friend reqs D: ?

BodMaster
10-11-2012, 11:39 AM
What if this whole game is just a scam in which Otu wants to feel popular as he gets tons of friend reqs D: ?

That was my first thought of the bat when I read the first few lines. Read the rest after Sue posted, and it all makes sense now ;) (Already on FL list, so no need)