PDA

View Full Version : New Elite Dungeon Is Here!

RedStapler
09-07-2012, 03:43 PM
A new elite dungeon is now playable in Pocket Legends: The Fire Forest on Blacksmoke Mountain!

Once you reach level 71, you will begin your adventure in the Fire Forest. To get in, you must have worn the Monarch Crown of Humania.

When you first enter the Fire Forest, Fireman Frank will call on you for help!

You will want to be careful as you investigate the forest, as these guys will not be very happy to see you.

A challenging new boss and new elite legendary weapons will be included in the Fire Forest.

When you beat the Dragonet and the Monolith, watch the drops for dragonet ichor! Be warned: Making dragonet ichor is hard! You may not make it the first try, so replay the instance and try again!

Dynastu
09-07-2012, 04:05 PM
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g341/dynastu/c4ce25ffdb3358a768728dfc2d08c070.jpg

So, the part that mentions, "New black dragon statd items...". Are these new dragon sets?

I'm trying to move over to a system where vanity = vanity (a.k.a no stat.'s).

Are you just referring to the new drops as dragon items, or do you mean a new vanity set with stats?

Still, very cool update.

Bless
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM
16287 nice editing lol

RedStapler
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
It's shooped. You can tell from the pixels.

razerfingers
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
A new elite dungeon is now playable in Pocket Legends: The Fire Forest on Blacksmoke Mountain!

Once you reach level 71, you will begin your adventure in the Fire Forest. To get in, you must have worn the Monarch Crown of Humania.

When you first enter the Fire Forest, Fireman Frank will call on you for help!

You will want to be careful as you investigate the forest, as these guys will not be very happy to see you.

A challenging new boss and new elite legendary weapons will be included in the Fire Forest.

When you beat the Dragonet and the Monolith, watch the drops for dragonet ichor! Be warned: Making dragonet ichor is hard! You may not make it the first try, so replay the instance and try again!

Thanks for heads up!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

thecrankybearsam
09-07-2012, 04:55 PM
looks freaking epic...quick release

Drekkthar
09-07-2012, 05:21 PM
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g341/dynastu/c4ce25ffdb3358a768728dfc2d08c070.jpg

So, the part that mentions, "New black dragon statd items...". Are these new dragon sets?

Are you just referring to the new drops as dragon items, or do you mean a new vanity set with stats?

Still, very cool update.

I read this as no more vanity set bonuses from future vanities. Can a dev clarify?

LwMark
09-07-2012, 05:29 PM
I read this as no more vanity set bonuses from future vanities. Can a dev clarify?

it says " exclusive elite weapons and black dragon statd gear, can be found in the Fire Forest "

Dynastu
09-07-2012, 05:32 PM

That is the point I'm attempting to make. Techno is constantly stating that they're trying to move away from stated vanities, but the patch notes mention "black dragon statd gear"... Is this another vanity set with stats? If it is then thats just not right...

LwMark
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
That is the point I'm attempting to make. Techno is constantly stating that they're trying to move away from stated vanities, but the patch notes mention "black dragon statd gear"... Is this another vanity set with stats? If it is then thats just not right...

your right ive seen this to, diffrence between them is elite items are vanities light blue and dragons are vanities which are pinks, maybe makes them more rare since pink

Lowlyspy
09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Or perhaps the new black dragon gear is non-vanity armor to go with the new elite weps. Just a thought.

LwMark
09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Or perhaps the new black dragon gear is non-vanity armor to go with the new elite weps. Just a thought.

possibly, because there is no black dragon pet in store , like the others

LwMark
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
they are pinks not vanities, confirmed

Suentous PO
09-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Thx Lw! (outa thx)

ThePvpTwink
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Took an hour to get 12/500...Maybe make it drop 1 per boss killed?Like 500 isnt already a lot lol

And does the boss drop the new items or only quest?

Jhood5
09-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Think I'll sit at my wall in balefort and ponder on if I should spend another 76x5 plat for 18/500 and no pink drops.

ArtofWar
09-08-2012, 02:56 AM
really nice dungeon! great work sts! :)

Urqui
09-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Green name on forums & red name ingame? That's awesome:frog:

Sacretlegends
09-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Really good idea. Now pl is more fun to play:)

Xionskull
09-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey STS!!!,

Is there going to be a half off elixir sale before the new cap comes out?

X

sworedhel
09-08-2012, 06:33 PM
It is awesome. But please tell me why do some people destroy the monolith & some just leave it? You get no drop from it & You can still easily kill boss. So what is the actual point of the monolith? As there's no quest for it either?

maneatingtree
09-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I love how hes using the starting robes, staff at lvl 71, like a boss

zKc
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
From original post: "When you beat the Dragonet and the Monolith, watch the drops for dragonet ichor! Be warned: Making dragonet ichor is hard! You may not make it the first try, so replay the instance and try again."

I was wondering if it's possible for double ichor drops? The above makes mention of Monolith, but I usually get ichor from Dragonet.

I did some quick math and if you average 2 minute Blacksmoke Mountain runs, this quest will take 17 hours. If you average 3 minute runs, it will take 25 hours. That's assuming you receive ichor drop 100% of time, which is not the case. Realistically, this is probably a 30+ hour quest. Good luck!

[Buy]
09-10-2012, 03:01 AM
I get 5 per hour, though I kill the boss for a lot longer but not zaschityvayut.Dlya I need 100 hours to spend on the quest.

gibol1412
09-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah. This quest suck!
And I wonder if this quest be when cup will be raised? Who knows?

Techno Email
09-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah. This quest suck!
And I wonder if this quest be when cup will be raised? Who knows?

The legendary and elite gear in Fire Forest is Limited Edition and will no longer be available after the level cap is raised. AHHH!!!! GO! GO! GO!!!!! :livid: :onthego:

Chung Es Mi Heroe
09-11-2012, 02:55 PM
The legendary and elite gear in Fire Forest is Limited Edition and will no longer be available after the level cap is raised. AHHH!!!! GO! GO! GO!!!!! :livid: :onthego:

soooo..if u dont finish by then and lets say u have 450/500 what happens then?

LwMark
09-12-2012, 03:52 AM
soooo..if u dont finish by then and lets say u have 450/500 what happens then?

ikr then wut all hard for nada lol imagine if u had such a bad streak u didnt get one for every hundred boss kills, smh

sworedhel
09-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Omg. i only have 35. :confused:

Zea
09-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Maybe let the people that have already started the quest, finish it?

Chopper
09-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Maybe let the people that have already started the quest, finish it?

Sounds like STS found a way to take the fun out of a new campaign even before it is launched!

Instead of being exited for new enemies and graphics, they try to make people run the map over 3-4,000 times in a preview for items that will be obselete anyway, so players get sick of the look weeks before the new dungeons are even released! Strange plan?

Chung Es Mi Heroe
09-12-2012, 12:49 PM
ikr then wut all hard for nada lol imagine if u had such a bad streak u didnt get one for every hundred boss kills, smh

Ikr?? last nite i did runs with friends..they landed about 15-20 to my 7..i think sts should give us an answer if we are so close but not in time.

Energizeric
09-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Ikr?? last nite i did runs with friends..they landed about 15-20 to my 7..i think sts should give us an answer if we are so close but not in time.

Sam said he would give advance notice of when it's ending. So if you're close then you can hurry up and try to finish once he gives the warning.

zKc
09-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Sam said he would give advance notice of when it's ending. So if you're close then you can hurry up and try to finish once he gives the warning.

An advance notice, causing a sense of urgency, causing you to spend more plat in a shorter amount of time than you normally would. BRILLIANT on STS's part... believe me when I say the CEO is loving this quest. He has no idea what an Ichor is, but loves the money this is raking in.

Extreme
09-13-2012, 03:54 AM
omg ,i can't imagine getting 500/500 can't even get to 29 do couple do runs but idk

Techno Email
09-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Aside from the fact that Dragonet Ichor REALLY CAN be infused with fire weapons to make the most Elite weapons in Alterra, Fireman Frank offers the Dragonet Ichor quest as a somewhat surefire way for our MOST hardcore players to acquire an Elite weapon. It's a quest. There is no elixir you can buy that will change how often you manage to squeeze another vial of that nasty Ichor from that filthy Dragonet's corpse. We had not initially planned for any new drops in this dungeon, but it turns out this Dragonet beastie was just burning to offer even more new stuff so out came the black dragon gear. As it turns out, it's actually kinda nice to get one of these drops, especially for the folks who aren't interested in the long road to an Elite weapon. So, (sing it) OH BLADI OH BLADA, life goes on!!!! And, we'll continue to give you guys as much new stuff as possible! Lalalalalalala -Lah!! Yippee!! The Black Dragon items are stat'd for your amusement, friends. Just remember - everything is ALWAYS CHANGING in PL! It's a live game! WHO KNOWS - Techno might just give you a chance to spin those Black Dragon items into vanities some day.

(P.S. If I mention something...in like 40K posts...as like a hint, or something...I mean, I don't wanna be a broken record, or anything...)

WoundedEagle
09-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Aside from the fact that Dragonet Ichor REALLY CAN be infused with fire weapons to make the most Elite weapons in Alterra, Fireman Frank offers the Dragonet Ichor quest as a somewhat surefire way for our MOST hardcore players to acquire an Elite weapon. It's a quest. There is no elixir you can buy that will change how often you manage to squeeze another vial of that nasty Ichor from that filthy Dragonet's corpse. We had not initially planned for any new drops in this dungeon, but it turns out this Dragonet beastie was just burning to offer even more new stuff so out came the black dragon gear. As it turns out, it's actually kinda nice to get one of these drops, especially for the folks who aren't interested in the long road to an Elite weapon. So, (sing it) OH BLADI OH BLADA, life goes on!!!! And, we'll continue to give you guys as much new stuff as possible! Lalalalalalala -Lah!! Yippee!! The Black Dragon items are stat'd for your amusement, friends. Just remember - everything is ALWAYS CHANGING in PL! It's a live game! WHO KNOWS - Techno might just give you a chance to spin those Black Dragon items into vanities some day.

(P.S. If I mention something...in like 40K posts...as like a hint, or something...I mean, I don't wanna be a broken record, or anything...)

Question: Will having gear make you able to turn into vanities one day and still keep the gear? That's how it should be...

Also, why can faces have stats, but vanities can't?

This quest is so for people who have too much spare time. If it was summer, maybe I could do it. But it's school time.... I really want to finish this quest, but I won't because I have a life going on right now. Way to make things too elite for their own good...

Techno Email
09-14-2012, 09:05 PM

P.P.S. Fireman Frank came up to me, talking about this "Ichor" stuff, saying he was going to need a whole bunch of it... Well - I immediately thought, "NO WAY! Sorry Fireman Frank - nobody even knows what Ichor is! There's NO WAY that any one is going to work their behinds off to get you piles and piles of this stuff. NO WAY!!"

Of course, I know that the blood of immortal creatures is often referred to as Ichor, but I'm a game designer. I'm not exactly the layman when it comes to ancient mythology and fantasy fiction.

Nonetheless, I like Fireman Frank. I want him to succeed. If he needs people to go out and get him some Ichor, I want to help him. He's really a great guy. He just so happens to need this really obscure thing from this really strange beast, and he happens to need an INSANE amount of it. It's really not his fault.

So, I tried out a couple slogan's:
"Get Dragonet Ichor! You'll never be sicker!"
"It's richer, it's thicker - it's Dragonet Ichor!"

Those weren't working out, so I came up with a JINGLE:
"Dragonet Ichor
can make your oil slicker,
and move your car quicker,
and warm your bum-ticker!

It's great like a fish stick,
or card trick, or ice pick!

There's one thing I wish for,
it's Dragonet Ichor!"

...No.

Finally, I had a real stroke of marketing genius. I thought to myself, "I'm going to design an Ichor promo sticker! Everyone will LOVE it, and they'll rush the doors of Spacetime Studios to be first in line to buy Dragonet Ichor!"

Shortly thereafter, I realized I don't need a slogan, or jingle or sticker. Our doors will not burst, nor will our stock-ticker. There's no ad campaign for Dragonet Ichor. It's NOT FOR SALE.

You can earn it, but you're going to need to work VERY HARD. Even if you DO work hard, Lady Luck may evade you. You'll just have to stay after it. I designed this quest expressly for those who want an Elite weapon more than life itself. If you don't want one that bad, cool! Go get yourself some Black Dragon loot drops and WIN!!

HunterSLAYER
09-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Still disappointed with this quest
Takes an eternity for "a mobile MMO).

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

LwMark
09-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Just remember - everything is ALWAYS CHANGING in PL! It's a live game! WHO KNOWS - Techno might just give you a chance to spin those Black Dragon items into vanities some day.

lol

i want a vanity version and a stat version to help me to next cap, but my pockets arent big enough, i wish we knew how long we had, i have 112/500 :(

sworedhel
09-16-2012, 05:50 AM
All I can say is sorry fireman frank. Only 51/500
Wish this quest would remain. But I am waiting for cap change.
Why.
Because spacetime need our hard earned cash. So they have to do something more mega. So I waiting.
Its sad that pocket legends and arcane legends will now only benefit thouse who are willing to buy plat. And have so much spare time.

Will be lucky if you get 1 more week to do this quest.
Btw if you have 499/500. & update happens. Its a fail.
Also if buy sham thrasher & classy loot you not only have better chance of a pink drop. You have a very good chance of a dark pink in a drop. I saw it happen.

XghostzX
09-16-2012, 08:45 AM

Why couldn't I have known this before the quest was available...

dropinbombz
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
If I wasn't done with this quest I'd be very mad that you guys haven't fixed android user's "new version" can't log on problem.

Energizeric
09-17-2012, 12:31 PM
lol

i want a vanity version and a stat version to help me to next cap, but my pockets arent big enough, i wish we knew how long we had, i have 112/500 :(

No reason to need both. Just use the stat version until you don't need it anymore and then convert it to vanity. I'm pretty sure the quest to convert to vanity won't have a time limit on it. I think you can still do the fallen prince quest to this day (not positive but I think so as he is still sitting there in Nuri town).

Beezlewtf
07-16-2014, 01:06 AM
Wow

Armourslash
07-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Look at when this happened, August 28th, nowadays its still the cap, flashback at when it first came out.

Smithyyy
07-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Dood. Had me excited for a bit when i read this title from main forum page...