PDA

View Full Version : some stats on blacksmoke mountain elite runs

Fusionstrike
09-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Ok, here are the stats I collected when doing blacksmoke mountain runs. I think I've done enough to comment on what the trend looks like.

The baseline drop rate of ichor for the quest seems to be about 50%. Although I had good and bad streaks along the way, I ended up with 13 drops in 28 runs initially. It seemed to hover around this ratio, so I feel pretty good it's about 50/50.

I also tried a bunch of runs with a shamrock elixir. In that case, I got 15 drops in 21 runs, a significant improvement to about 70%. I haven't done enough runs to be sure of the boost, but it sure seems like running elixir boosts the drop rate. There was at least one other player I ran into who had a similarly high ratio with elixir on. I'd love to hear if others have seen this too.

I also noticed that there was not a single pink drop in all of these 49 runs. That's not impossible to believe of course, but that's a total of 245 rolls of the dice without a pink, not even counting the rerolls from luck elixirs (I got one reroll every time of course). And at least some portion of these runs (maybe 1/4) happened during the first few hours the map was out, which has traditionally been the highest drop rate times for new content. I wonder if the drop rate is somehow broken or accidentally (intentionally?) set extremely low. I ask because nearly every expansion has some kind of drop rate tweaking done to it to make it "right", so I'm suspicious that this place will be no exception.

Whirlzap
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
It took almost a week for Dragon Vanities to first be dropped when they got patched in...
It's probably set really low....
I'm still trying to figure out where Black Dragon pieces drop...
-Patch Notes say "statd Black Dragon gear drops".
Devs would not say statd if it was normal gear.
I shall assume it is the "ultimate" Dragon Vanity set, consisting of only the helm and armor, no pet needed.

LwMark
09-07-2012, 07:08 PM
It took almost a week for Dragon Vanities to first be dropped when they got patched in...
It's probably set really low....
I'm still trying to figure out where Black Dragon pieces drop...
-Patch Notes say "statd Black Dragon gear drops".
Devs would not say statd if it was normal gear.
I shall assume it is the "ultimate" Dragon Vanity set, consisting of only the helm and armor, no pet needed.

drops from boss
not vanity
they are elites or pinks, forgot to ask her how specific, but she made clear not vanities
she said SAME drop rate as elites from the monster mash
yes they add stats, they are like gear u wear, set bonus eh idk didnt ask that much to busy killin boss by then
and i assume it doesnt make set cause when she had it on there were no sparkles or nothin

Suentous PO
09-07-2012, 07:11 PM
I wonder If the drop rates being increased at the initial map release is a thing of the past. It shure didn't seem like the first couple days of humania had a drop rate anything like nuris first couple days.

Ixillicus
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
There are no pinks, only elite drops (asked whole doing a run with techno)

Patricks
09-07-2012, 07:35 PM
There are black dragon vanities. An armor and helm.

If the dragon drops are dark pink, luck elix wont work since there arent regular pinks.

Patricks
09-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Just saw other thread. Guess they not vanity.

Ogbuehi
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
I've done enough runs to get 28/500 of the quest. I haven't seen a single pink drop. Just a few greens and mostly orange items.

slaveleia
09-07-2012, 08:05 PM
There are black dragon vanities. An armor and helm.

If the dragon drops are dark pink, luck elix wont work since there arent regular pinks.

That's a critically important observation right there! Thnks for that....the new weapons are the Dark Pinks I would believe like the Elite weaps from Mystery Mash. Not sure if the Black dragon gear is dark pink, could be rare pinks like Gold/Red/Blue/Green dragon no?

McBain
09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
If they were pinks, then some definitely would have dropped by now through re-rolls, so they have to be dark pinks. In Fang, one of the reasons why dragons are so rare is because there aren't any purples, which means no re-roll to pinks. In this case, it's because there are no pinks, which means no re-rolls to dark pink. Which is cool, BTW, because it means luck elixirs are useless, and everyone has the same odds of getting them without having to spend crazy amounts of plat.

slaveleia
09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I read in the other thread that Techno was saying their not vanitys....so it looks like the Black dragon stuff are dark pinks. I was hearing in-game somebody got lucky & dropped an armor.

LwMark
09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
they are dark pink, also someone just got a pink in my last run , weird, i think this last patch added more items to the drops

Elyseon
09-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Are you sure they aren't just elite rarity of vanities
Like how theres many vanity(light blue) vanities, some legendary(pink), and a trash(gray)? Cuz the other dragon vanities are pinks not actually vanity color

Rot
09-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Are you sure they aren't just elite rarity of vanities
Like how theres many vanity(light blue) vanities, some legendary(pink), and a trash(gray)? Cuz the other dragon vanities are pinks not actually vanity color

I'm sure they're not vanities. Dex and Int armors are available in CS for a gold cap each, and they're under the 'Items' category, not the 'Vanities".

slaveleia
09-08-2012, 01:25 PM
I saw the CS listings....the Black Dragon stuff isn't dark pink....they're regular pinks for Int, Str, & Dex.