PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Community App [Android]

demoncrate
09-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi all
I had an idea not too long ago about making a PL Community app.

I thought that it should have :

A detailed guide
The latest update info
Voting on topics
Contests information
and most importantly a proper Chat

Well I managed to finish most of it.

I would appreciate it a lot if you downloaded the app and provided feedback. Please note that the UI needs some changing and the background art has not been added.
To install :

Go here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_hateem_ha.plegendscommun ityAPP&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImFwcGlud mVudG9yLmFpX2hhdGVlbV9oYS5wbGVnZW5kc2NvbW11bml0eUF QUCJd

Screenshots of the App:

Current bugs are :

If you go to the follow any links from either updates, contests or guide page you are taken back to the menu, rather than back in the history.
The chat is hosted on a server used by another app, so you might notice some oddities.

If you want to :

Have your guide put in this app
Have some background or icon art you would like to contribute for this app

send me an email at pktrombone@gmail.com

Thanks very much,
Hateem Ahmed

Zeus
09-07-2012, 09:16 PM
I suggest you don't have giveaways just yet or you're going to just have a bunch of freeloaders and moochers not willing to take advantage of your work, but of the materialistic things you can provide them.

ThePvpTwink
09-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Y do a giveaway if u already dont have much gold? :/

Maybe should be asking for donations for making guides for those people instead lol

demoncrate
09-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't get what you mean.

I am not doing a giveaway.
This is an application, not a giveaway of gold.

Apollo said :
I suggest you don't have giveaways just yet or you're going to just have a bunch of freeloaders and moochers not willing to take advantage of your work, but of the materialistic things you can provide them.
I don't plan on doing giveaway. Thanks though (you are right in saying that)

ThePvpTwink
09-07-2012, 09:44 PM
If it becomes a good guide migth be stickied o_O

demoncrate
09-07-2012, 09:50 PM
If it becomes a good guide migth be stickied o_O
Thanks.
I was thinking of going through the guide forum in search for well written guides to include in the guide section.

Do you know of any good ones?
I can add up to 100k characters on one Google Doc so I think there should be room for about 20 individual guides

demoncrate
09-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Added link to application in Google Play Store

demoncrate
09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Added screenshots to the application. Now properly available for usage.
Just gotta add a chat caching feature.

WoundedEagle
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Added screenshots to the application. Now properly available for usage.
Just gotta add a chat caching feature.

I like it :)

Elyseon
09-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Pretty nice, is it PL only?

demoncrate
09-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Pretty nice, is it PL only?
Thanks.

I have the app set up so it can be edited quite easily for another game. So if anyone wants to have this made for another game just send me a message.

Elyseon
09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I have the app set up so it can be edited quite easily for another game. So if anyone wants to have this made for another game just send me a message.
Ok nice, I was just gonna say if it was for multiple games have a filter for which game section u would want
Cuz I always post not realizing which game the thread is about lol

demoncrate
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Ok nice, I was just gonna say if it was for multiple games have a filter for which game section u would want
Cuz I always post not realizing which game the thread is about lol
Cool

Anyway I updated app again. Added cached chat and new app icon.

demoncrate
09-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I added another app which should let guilds have their own private chat rooms outside of PL.
Just create a chat room in 3 easy steps give your guildies an access code and walaa.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_hateem_ha.justanothercha tapp&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImFwcGlud mVudG9yLmFpX2hhdGVlbV9oYS5qdXN0YW5vdGhlcmNoYXRhcHA iXQ..

Unxtoxic
09-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I added another app which should let guilds have their own private chat rooms outside of PL.
Just create a chat room in 3 easy steps give your guildies an access code and walaa.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_hateem_ha.justanothercha tapp&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImFwcGlud mVudG9yLmFpX2hhdGVlbV9oYS5qdXN0YW5vdGhlcmNoYXRhcHA iXQ..

Sounds great, going to download ASAP. Keep up the good work!

demoncrate
09-13-2012, 06:23 PM