PDA

View Full Version : Help with not getting banned please?

e5c4p3artist
09-08-2012, 01:19 AM
I got muted tonight for saying "lag makes me gag." Which showed up as "lag make* ** *ag." Apparently the STS devs don't like the television show Red Dwarf. On that show, characters use the word 'smeg' as a humorous alternative to a cuss-word. First of all, it's not a real word. Second, I did not say it intentionally.

Unfortunately, because it surprised me and because I wasn't thinking, I said it again. I said something along the lines of "lol! apparently s.m.e.g. is a naughty word!"

And I got muted for the rest of the run and a warning message that I may be banned.

Seemed a little harsh. Even worse, later on another player told me that if you get muted 3 times ever, you get perma-banned. So right now I am totally freaking out that I may get a lifetime ban for saying regular common phrases that may have forbidden nonsense words in them. First of all, what is the official policy about getting muted and banned? Secondly, is there some way to contact STS to wipe this mute from my record, since in my opinion it isn't deserved? Or what should I do here? Any suggestions?

I'm feeling a little paranoid right now...

flashbackflip
09-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Lmao! That IS funny))))

Don't b paranoid, friend!

In case you will get banned for foul language - you will b banned not for a lifetime, but for 3 days

Also i guess you must be muted 3 times in one short period for the system decide you are intentionally abuse rules

And you can write a letter to support(at)spacetimestudios(.)com to explain the matter and ask to un-ban you

I was muted a couple of times for saying that 'don't open boxes' myth is a bull**** - so keep that word out of your chat too ;)

Other than that word i didn't curse so i really don't know what other prohibited examples besides ones you can guess out of common sense

Peace

enifreboz
09-08-2012, 01:57 AM
I can understand even i am banned forever but have messaged sts they''ll look after this :d

Mrbananaz
09-08-2012, 02:55 AM
ive been muted 10+ times when saying the f-bomb, meaning to say something else TWICE in a row, right after getting un-muted. LOL i never get banned

Urqui
09-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I think he's talking about the system filter muting his chat. You get muted if you cuss, and it warns you, that if you keep getting muted, you're gonna get banned. Doesn't mean you will be banned, unless you keep getting muted...
A friend told me that if you get muted 4 or 5 times in 24 hours you get a week banned. So you're fine:]

Deathpunch
09-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Psst! It is a real word. Look it up in a medical dictionary. The definition is none too pleasant. A.K.A. smegma. Yuck.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

KillaSkillz
09-08-2012, 08:28 AM
When I was new we were standing around on b* chatting about tv shows. And I said "he's lying, his favorite show is sex in the city XD"

I got muted, after the mute passed I was like "what?" And typed it again and it muted me again. After 4 or 5 tries I figured out the one word, no matter how it's used (in my case in a show/movie title) would get you muted for 5 minutes.
i don't think the system Bans people (not sure though! XD)
I think it only mutes and flags it in the chat log. And if a sts employee checks and sees its intentional and meant to be against the rules a player could be banned.

Most players that I see that get banned for chat was because they got reported, many times, and usually for typing around the chat filter to be offensive without getting muted.

I have typed letter combinations from ends/beginnings of words that were against chat policy many times, I havr been muted very many times but never banned for it. not sure but I think it takes a human to ban someone in chat situations.

If you get muted, try to figure out what caused it and avoid it, just to save the hassle of not being able to talk for a bit.

enifreboz
09-08-2012, 09:13 AM
i got banned ................just bcoz i sold a guild why this?

Jahova
09-08-2012, 09:17 AM
I got banned for giving some money to a guy to help him and then he gave me a reported account and they think I bought an account -_- No I'm banned for life. WTF TO DAT!

Deathpunch
09-08-2012, 09:36 AM

ToS violation. It's against the ToS to buy or sell guilds.

I got banned for giving some money to a guy to help him and then he gave me a reported account and they think I bought an account -_- No I'm banned for life. WTF TO DAT!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=68357

Your op in that thread clearly states that you were actively purchasing an account. Words from your own mouth. Think that may be why they think that? Hmm?

As an aside, we are getting the op topic off course. This isn't a help desk for why your account has been banned. For that answer contact support@spacetimestudios(dot)com.

EDIT: lol@my ironic comments about derailing a topic then reading my tapatalk sig.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

flashbackflip
09-08-2012, 09:40 AM

Guys, you really need to read Terms Of Agreement or just read forums carefully - it's been said many times that all trade which is not available in the 'trade' window is against the rules as it leads to massive scam attempts

Sell or buy inventory stuff.. Don't trade abstract essenses

EDIT : ninja'd >____< lol

Kanozaki
09-08-2012, 09:59 AM

Guys, you really need to read Terms Of Agreement or just read forums carefully - it's been said many times that all trade which is not available in the 'trade' window is against the rules as it leads to massive scam attempts

Sell or buy inventory stuff.. Don't trade abstract essenses

EDIT : ninja'd >____< lol

i did warn him prior that it was against Terms of service when he got scammed for doing the same thing . sigh hopefully take this as a lesson lol.

e5c4p3artist
09-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys! I feel a bit better about it after a night's sleep. I'm working hard to get to level 41 before the cap goes up and I'd hate to have all that work wasted by getting my account perma-banned. But from what you all are saying, it sounds like it won't be a problem. I don't use cuss words intentionally, just get filtered for letter combinations, and last night was my first time being muted.

Slant
09-08-2012, 02:24 PM
even if you do get banned for this, the support appeals go through if the case is genuine, you don't even have to serve the first 7 day ban

Mitchturbo
09-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Go to options and remove the chat filter, should avoid anymore typing slip ups that result in mutes. Maybe... ;-)
Well at least your text won't be covered in stars...

SkillFullGamer
09-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Don't mess with STS -_____- They don't play lol.....

Jblazer
09-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Don't mess with STS -_____- They don't play lol.....

Heck yea,lol.