PDA

View Full Version : Too many level 45 douchebags

Volksy
09-02-2010, 11:09 AM
If you boot everyone level 44 and below REGARDLESS OF THEIR GEAR/STATS, then you have some kind of offset complex.

There's no reason (except looting solo or with friends or reserving a spot for a friend) to kick anyone who is willing to play hard. Especially when they have gear that can able them to keep up with any 45.

Messages like "sorry, you need to level more, have a nice day *boot*"

Or

"this won't work out *boot*"

Or my favorite: "you shouldn't be here"

I simply don't get it. I understand kicking someone with horrible gear at a low level, they're a liability. But a level 40 who has all skills and same great gear?

Discuss =)

Volksy
09-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Obviously not all 45s! Just a good handful that I noticed.
The MAJORITY are extremely nice and helpful.

But the select few that fill 5 our of 7 games ar any moment don't give leveling a easy thought.

vulgarstrike
09-02-2010, 11:17 AM
i agree. remotely. exceptions: PvP... you really shouldn't be there.
Boss Maps : You shouldn't be there.
Everything else: why boot?

Chickdigcookies
09-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Boss Maps? wtf is that?

Volksy
09-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Not PVP or Boss maps.

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
There is no way to tell if the maker of the game instance is intending to rush, to clear the map, to play the maps sequentially, to farm kills, etc. We take the risk of rejection every time we enter an unknown player's game instance.

The way to fix it, I think, is to give the maker of the instance some more settings. The default can still be that everyone can join, but the settings could be minimum level, filtered by type (warrior, archer, enchantress), minimum stats (stat Y must be X). Then, if an instance is created for rush farming, they can say level 45, warriors, str 145. Then they can stun and run all day. Another example, for a pickup game to clear all five maps of AO1 might be level 35, any, any. This would serve simply to filter out any moochers.

Also, we would get to see the settings, and we would feel more inclined to join a pickup group if we saw that, yes there is one player level 45 but the settings are for anyone over level 40. And we wouldn't be able to join anything that we were filtered out of.

Otherwise, for now, you take your risks. If you find like-minded people, you friend them. When you log in the next day, if they are there, you join them.

I don't think they are jerks. It can feel that way when I get booted because I don't like rejection, but they don't have any options either, except to use a password, which defeats the idea of a pickup group.

Volksy
09-02-2010, 11:35 AM
^i completely understand but my point is their rudeness and cockiness. Getting booted out 5 straight games seems a
Bit too excessive.

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah, but that's something that nobody can control. Human Nature and all that.

I have only ever booted one person, for using racial slurs. I should have taken a screen cap and mailed it, but by the time I realized it, the text had scrolled away. If I don't like someone mooching off me for XP, I just leave. Sometimes I rile up a bad guy, run past the mooch, and quit. LOL!

But I almost never boot. So, if you see Snakespeare's game, you are welcome to join.

Furrawn
09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah, but that's something that nobody can control. Human Nature and all that.

I have only ever booted one person, for using racial slurs. I should have taken a screen cap and mailed it, but by the time I realized it, the text had scrolled away. If I don't like someone mooching off me for XP, I just leave. Sometimes I rile up a bad guy, run past the mooch, and quit. LOL!

But I almost never boot. So, if you see Snakespeare's game, you are welcome to join.

I'm afraid I've used the boot recently more than I'd like:( But, not for people being lvl 40, Volksy. In fact, level 30's and up are welcome if there's room AND if they hold their own. If they play their hearts out and are being good teammates, I let them stay. If they run off alone, they die w no Rez. If they leech or are jerks, I boot them. I have in fact had arguments (often w Mynas Gen 45's) who demand I boot the under 45's. It's usually like Snakespeare says- it's 45's who want to rush. The truth is I have more trouble w/ 45's who refuse to respect that I'm map clearing.They either try to rush anyway or wait til we're near the boss and then try to sneak & rush. Boot. You're welcome in my game if you see me on...

Volksy
09-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Is your name in game Furrawn?
I sent a request to both you and snake :)

Furrawn
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Is your name in game Furrawn?
I sent a request to both you and snake :)

Hi, Volksy...
Yes, I play Furrawn the most. The other chars I play are in my signature... In addition, I have thesnowqueen and henbane ( they are just tots right now)... I look forward to playing with you... And you'll love playing w/ Snakespeare... He's a true good guy...

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi, Volksy...
Yes, I play Furrawn the most. The other chars I play are in my signature... In addition, I have thesnowqueen and henbane ( they are just tots right now)... I look forward to playing with you... And you'll love playing w/ Snakespeare... He's a true good guy...

Thanks for the props, Furrawn. :)

Volksy, I got your request. Thanks. I have two characters in the low 40s, so I will add you from their Friends pages, too.

p.s. I am a VW owner, too, if that's what your name means.

bmc85uk
09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Everyone has their own preference to who they want in their games, some are tolerant and fair, some are unnecessarily rude, and others are just plain malicious.

Unfortunately there's no real way to Mark your game as a rush/farming game, and until there is we'll always run the risk of ending up in one of these games where we don't meet the hosts entry requirements.

Personally I think anyone hosting a game for a pick up group should be prepared to be quite lenient, anyone wanting to farm 'hardcore' should have their game passworded and be playing with friends, in a pre organised game.

Perhaps if/when players have the ability to set entry requirements for games this problem will be mostly eradicated. And I think when groups are implemented in game people can (hopefully) just use an LFG feature to search for like minded players.

Furrawn
09-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Everyone has their own preference to who they want in their games, some are tolerant and fair, some are unnecessarily rude, and others are just plain malicious.

Unfortunately there's no real way to Mark your game as a rush/farming game, and until there is we'll always run the risk of ending up in one of these games where we don't meet the hosts entry requirements.

Personally I think anyone hosting a game for a pick up group should be prepared to be quite lenient, anyone wanting to farm 'hardcore' should have their game passworded and be playing with friends, in a pre organised game.

Perhaps if/when players have the ability to set entry requirements for games this problem will be mostly eradicated. And I think when groups are implemented in game people can (hopefully) just use an LFG feature to search for like minded players.

I completely agree with everything you just said...
I am lenient when I host an open game, but I have to admit to being furious when someone joins MY open game and DEMANDS that we rush, insults me as if I'm not a "good enough" player to rush, or tries to rush anyway. I had a game yesterday, quite a good group actually, when someone joined & whinged about how unbelievable it was that we were not rushing. Finally, he says, "Well, I'll stay but only because you guys are so fast at clearing the map." It took everything I had not to hurl a sarcastic, "Don't do us any favors."

I really think we seriously need a way to give and see extra info about the games we're hosting and joining... A lot of problems (and asinine behavior) could be avoided... Besides, it just makes sense.

We just need to be able to mark them things like:
RF rush farming
MC map clear
And then a qualifier if we wish like "lvls 30 and up only" or "lvl 45's only" etc

Bentmer
09-02-2010, 04:39 PM

And then some are rude and nice at the same time. I got booted from a game farming swamps when I was 41 with no explanation. Then like a minute later, the owner of the game sent me a friend request. So go try to figure that one out.

bmc85uk
09-02-2010, 05:02 PM
I completely agree with everything you just said...
I am lenient when I host an open game, but I have to admit to being furious when someone joins MY open game and DEMANDS that we rush, insults me as if I'm not a "good enough" player to rush, or tries to rush anyway. I had a game yesterday, quite a good group actually, when someone joined & whinged about how unbelievable it was that we were not rushing.

I've had this happen too, I really think it'd help if there was a flag by a player name to indicate they were the leader so that people could ask, even so it's polite to ask the whole group what they're doing, but still fair enough to ask if they'd like to rush.

I really think we seriously need a way to give and see extra info about the games we're hosting and joining...

I definitely agree here, perhaps a way to define all entry requirements and a comments box when creating a game, and then an 'Info' button on the join game screen to view these details in a pop-up window. If there was also a way to view info from inside the game this would eradicate the need to ask when joining through quick play and not the join game screen.

And then some are rude and nice at the same time. I got booted from a game farming swamps when I was 41 with no explanation. Then like a minute later, the owner of the game sent me a friend request. So go try to figure that one out.

Funnily enough I actually joined an early campaign game (LE I think) on one of my capped characters the other day and was booted instantly, I didn't get a friend request though, I'm obviously not cool enough :p

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I put my suggestion on this topic in the Suggestions forum. But wow, it would be way simpler if they just put a text field where you could say, "we need a healer" or something. But you just know someone will put profanity in it, even though they will get banned. Or they would put a pay-to-play price, which I'm not sure is allowed.

So, I still think my system of checkboxes that I suggested would be best. Everything would default to anyone, but in my imagined setting dialog you could specify who is welcome by 1. level, 2. class, 3. minimum stat. Then when you look at the available games, you could instantly tell if you were going to be booted.

bmc85uk
09-02-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't think you should ever be able to restrict class for games, it's fair enough that you might want to fill slots with certain characters depending on what makeup you want for the group, but to put a strict filter on anyone entering the game is unfair IMO. If players want games like this, it should be by their own organisation getting a group together, and playing in a locked game.

I'm not sure why you think my suggestion would be so complex, sure, it would require more work on new UI screens and menu buttons, but in the long run it provides everything you need, the main reason I suggested an info window for the join game screen is because of how crowded the list is already, I think jamming any more details on there would just be messy.

This isn't something I mind waiting for, I find it easy enough to play as I like already, this would just be a fantastic touch and make the game feel that much more polished.

kavanah
09-02-2010, 05:51 PM
I dont know if I should apologize here or not, but you best believe that if I'm farming several hundreds of games I really don't want a lvl 40 coming along for the ride to get free pinks while I do all the hard work. Some of us don't want dead weight when we are farming for ultra rare items. It's not being a "certain kind of bag". We can't level restrict, so if you are underlevel, I'm pretty sure you will get the idea of why you have been booted from a game full of 45s. It just is... host your own game or set your join game settings to show by level, scroll down to the young 40s running AO1 or AO2 and go after it with them. That is what I did...

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 05:54 PM
I was saying that Furrawn's suggestion would be the easiest to implement. Yours sounds fine. I don't think it would be too complex. I would prefer something at a glance, but I am using an iPad where there seems to be plenty of available space. I don't know about the iTouch interface. Maybe a pop-up is better for the smaller screen.

Kalielle
09-02-2010, 06:56 PM

Could have been a boot by mistake, and the person wanted to friend you so they could message you and explain. I've had those happen to me, where the person who booted immediately sent me a message apologizing and saying they meant to press message instead.

Furrawn
09-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I dont know if I should apologize here or not, but you best believe that if I'm farming several hundreds of games I really don't want a lvl 40 coming along for the ride to get free pinks while I do all the hard work. Some of us don't want dead weight when we are farming for ultra rare items. It's not being a "certain kind of bag". We can't level restrict, so if you are underlevel, I'm pretty sure you will get the idea of why you have been booted from a game full of 45s. It just is... host your own game or set your join game settings to show by level, scroll down to the young 40s running AO1 or AO2 and go after it with them. That is what I did...

Kav, it's completely understandable that you want to rush with all level 45's since they are less likely to die, and a death can mess up the rush. But, I think you're being harsh and uncharitable by assuming a lvl 40 is getting free pinks while you do all the hard work. Why would you say that? Just because a lvl 40 can't do as much damage as a lvl 45 doesn't mean they want a free ride. It's fine that you limit your open game to lvl 45's but it's pretty terrible, IMO, to consider anyone who isn't a lvl 45 as looking for free pinks. I'm sure plenty of lower level 40's play as hard and well as they can. Your post seems to assume the worst in everyone which surprises me...

kavanah
09-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Kav, it's completely understandable that you want to rush with all level 45's since they are less likely to die, and a death can mess up the rush. But, I think you're being harsh and uncharitable by assuming a lvl 40 is getting free pinks while you do all the hard work. Why would you say that? Just because a lvl 40 can't do as much damage as a lvl 45 doesn't mean they want a free ride. It's fine that you limit your open game to lvl 45's but it's pretty terrible, IMO, to consider anyone who isn't a lvl 45 as looking for free pinks. I'm sure plenty of lower level 40's play as hard and well as they can. Your post seems to assume the worst in everyone which surprises me...

It doesn't assume the worst, I in no way said that their playing ability was a factor. The fact is that pre 45 there is a big curve in survivorabiltiy and damage due to 45 armor/weapons. It's pretty rough to do farming runs with pre lvl 40s in your group and if I can't keep all of them then it isn't fair for me to pick and choose which ones that join that are pre-45 to keep and which ones to boot. It's just simple, if you want to farm lvl 45 gear with lvl 45s, then please do so when you actually hit 45. I don't see how this is a wrong mentality. And honestly, if I host a game, I should have full say about who can and cant come in the game. It's my host. If you don't like my hosting then guess what... you can host your own game too! That's the beauty of PL! And I almost always say, "45's only for farming sorry" before I boot, usually giving them the option to leave first. Why stay at lvl 40,41,42,43, or 44 rushing to farm gear you pretty much can't use till 45? This may seem harsh, but calling me a "certain bag" because I want to decide who can be in my hosted, MY hosted game, is pretty rediculous.

Edit: I know you didn't call me that Furrawn, I was refferring to the Original Poster. Also, after re-reading your message, I get what you are saying, it just doesn't work well at all and usually ends up frustrating me. Again, if I can't keep 4 other lvl pre-45's with me then I shouldn't select 1 at a time to keep in game. They just need to host their own games like I did, invite their friends, and exp while farming.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
I truly love the boot ability.

Nuff' said.

Furrawn
09-02-2010, 09:57 PM
It doesn't assume the worst, I in no way said that their playing ability was a factor. The fact is that pre 45 there is a big curve in survivorabiltiy and damage due to 45 armor/weapons. It's pretty rough to do farming runs with pre lvl 40s in your group and if I can't keep all of them then it isn't fair for me to pick and choose which ones that join that are pre-45 to keep and which ones to boot. It's just simple, if you want to farm lvl 45 gear with lvl 45s, then please do so when you actually hit 45. I don't see how this is a wrong mentality. And honestly, if I host a game, I should have full say about who can and cant come in the game. It's my host. If you don't like my hosting then guess what... you can host your own game too! That's the beauty of PL! And I almost always say, "45's only for farming sorry" before I boot, usually giving them the option to leave first. Why stay at lvl 40,41,42,43, or 44 rushing to farm gear you pretty much can't use till 45? This may seem harsh, but calling me a "certain bag" because I want to decide who can be in my hosted, MY hosted game, is pretty rediculous.

Edit: I know you didn't call me that Furrawn, I was refferring to the Original Poster. Also, after re-reading your message, I get what you are saying, it just doesn't work well at all and usually ends up frustrating me. Again, if I can't keep 4 other lvl pre-45's with me then I shouldn't select 1 at a time to keep in game. They just need to host their own games like I did, invite their friends, and exp while farming.

Right- I wasn't calling you anything... And I completely stand behind your right to have all 45's if you want... As I said, it makes sense... I was just saying that all lower level 40's aren't trying to get a free ride- not that you should have to try rushing with them... Just that it's the wrong game for them rather than they're all trying to freeload. I do understand about getting frustrated... I get frustrated, too... We really do need to be able to post some game info when we host- it would save lots of headaches...As for what your team makeup is- you should be able to have who & what you wish... Be it all lvl 45's, all lvl 45's w one lower 40's lvl, etc... Your game = your choice. I just meant that some of the players probably aren't freeloading- Not that you should have to play with them...

Edit: I enjoy playing w 40's... And actually had a fantastic pug team w three 30's the other day... But I'm a map-clearer... And even if I wasn't, I always challenge what's expected... Which is why I'm raising a strength chicken for the all chicken rush team- just to prove it can be done:)

Arjun
09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
I Have to go with the OP on this one. I’m sorry but he’s completely right. And it’s not at all about lvl of the player, it’s about the way they play and the lvl of communication they are able to participate in and also their basic grasp of economics.

You see often it becomes a case of - real world time vs imaginary gold to be spent on stuff like mana or damage potions. I mean i have seen lvl 45’s that refuse to so much as touch their spell’s. Afraid to consume mana? The new gear, certainly some of the top stuff allows for enough regen so that you wouldn’t ever have to buy mana with gold again. I’m aware of that. Often it’s Lvl 45’s with something like 6 M/s that won’t touch their spells. Not even by mistake. Meanwhile, as you already know, spells compound damage. And it’s all about the number’s at the end of the day anyway. Isn’t it.

Communication - Now I wish I had a video clip, but yesterday I had one of the character’s form the leaderboard join up in a frozen campaign I was going through with a group of people. And there was no communication. I mean it’s as simple as typing out an sms for crying out loud. And it’s a touch keypad to top it all off. I mean android user’s not being able to communicate effectively - I can understand that. As and when they come on-line. But ipad/pod/phone users. That is Just being Plain LAZY. Fullstop.

So, the leaderboard dude done went and r-u-n-n-o-f-t into the midst of a mob of bosses and got snarked. I should say that just before ‘tha man’ joined us I had taken a moment to point out to the rest of the crew that they should stay within healing radius of my mage. Easy as that. Common sense really. 3 Times. Not once, not twice, but three gossdmn times.

Later in the same game however, one of the other character’s finally commented - and I mean like he or she had been silent all this while - that there should be less talk and more killing. How profound I thought to myself. Checked the kill/death ratio for my friend here and found that I was just ahead on that front as well. So told of as much. Either way it was unbelievable because all the chat was simply me trying to coordinate combos. In a group of lvl 45’s. So the fellow that done want quiet and killing failed once again to realize that combos compound damage as well. No help. And trying to get in the way of all the fun to top it all off.

And there is no point in farming with warriors who simply run forward stomping their own way clear. Would it hurt to spin quickly around and clear the way for the person you can clearly see on your map has lagged behind for whatever reason. Ipad user’s are especially guilty of this. 100% those who use the point to click and move feature. Because you can most effectively control your movement with the virtual joystick. That is of course if you intend to support your team/crew/co-players.

And on a final note. Communication-wise It seem’s some lvl 45’s have developed telepathy. They certainly act as such not only when booting but when actually playing.

Time’s like those I just like to pause and point out to whoever’s being so clever that at least 4 people in this game are not part of the AI designed to simply follow his character around the next bend. So best stop-look-and listen. And if there be smthing on yer mind - touch type it out on the effectively designed and implemented keyboard. Yokel.

jonboy
09-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Hey Arjun maybe we can host a guild run + friends full clear of maybe ao2 campaign or whatever takes your fancy.

GaZz
09-03-2010, 05:04 AM
I did a few Plasma runs yesterday, with mostly level 45's or 44's... and I ended up hosting a few games, a level 36 joined, i was willing to have them in as long as they at least try to pull their weight with heals / buffs / debuffs etc... if they don't get involved, they get a boot. You don't NEED 5 level 45's to finish Plasma.

I'm all for giving people a chance.... because nobody gave me one before I was level 45. Strange, since getting to level 45... I've not been booted once.

Arjun
09-03-2010, 05:08 AM
Works for me jonboy. Got a couple of people in mind who could make the cut incl a couple of Lvl 43 (might have it cap of 45 by now). Should do should do. A quick battle plan prior to the run would help. Also had posted about a time-slider widigit app (will edit in the link in just a minute) used for coordinating conference calls and such. Add cities of players, slide time forwards and easy to work out a zone convenient to all concerned. No.

Edit: LinK
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4913-Timescroller-Help-Sorting-Out-Time-Zones

jonboy
09-03-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm using the clock on the iPhone and just adding timezones, what's the best TMZ or city closest to you Arjun

Arjun
09-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Sup Jonboy - Bombay is bombay. . . at least I hope we have our own time-zone. If not. then am stuck on the same zone as Delhi. Which is like the second worst city on this planet. . . .not that m complaining.

Re: the marathon run we are planning. combos is key. let that be the mantra as it were.

jonboy
09-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Had to use New Delhi 4:25pm, ditto on the combos

Thuull
09-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Plasma Pyramid, if you're above 40, you stay. If you're not, you get booted. I tried for about a week to be nice and ask people to leave, and 9/10 they get snarky, rude, whatever...so I stopped wasting my time (gotta stop killing to type) trying to explain things. It should be understood anyway...boss level in ao2 is for farming.

I did used to allow lvl 35 and above to stay, but honestly at that point you end up with a much slower run, repeated deaths, and even sometimes wipes if there's more than one below 40. It slows everyone down, wastes everyone's time, and there's no real reason to be there until 45 anyway.

The flip side annoys me too...I hate having 45s in the group that moan and demand a boot for a level 44 that joins. I usually boot those guys as well simply for douchebaggery.

So I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. Apologies to those below 40 I've booted, You're Welcomes to those above 40 who've enjoyed faster, more efficient, more fun dragging of dozens of mobs into corners and comboing them to death.

Arjun
09-03-2010, 08:08 AM
The flip side annoys me too...I hate having 45s in the group that moan and demand a boot for a level 44 that joins. I usually boot those guys as well simply for douchebaggery.

Here Here!!

GaZz
09-03-2010, 08:22 AM
douchebaggery.

Word of the week.

Azrael
09-03-2010, 10:07 AM
I agree with krav on this completly. If i have to use elixers to balance out another players shortcomings, chances are ill just boot the player an keep the extra gold to pay for that elixer.

And its uncool when lowbies get pinks for doing nothing in farming runs.

If you dont want the boot then go level up like the rest of us did.

FluffNStuff
09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Could have been a boot by mistake, and the person wanted to friend you so they could message you and explain. I've had those happen to me, where the person who booted immediately sent me a message apologizing and saying they meant to press message instead.

Bearded booted me from a PVP game when I switched sides. It was really funny because he thought someone new came in and we were doing some one on one training, and at 19, its hard to explain to people why you are sitting around while only two people are fighting. So he boots me, and then sends a bunch of invites. But whenever I click on em it says the game is full because you can't rejoin a game you were booted from, even if the host invites you.

Ind
09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Totally agree with you. Let me also clear.. I was booted serveral times too now I am 45. I asked some friend who are also 45..and respect me now.. Sometimes their intention is just to play with "friends" you know. for example..we go for trip with friends isnt it? We play with friends.. sometimes some stranger.. ask for taking part in ground but we deny it.. same way this... no need to take offense.. just make some friends.. and start your own game!..

take it easy.. and enjoy game.. some people are very friendly some are not.. we should always have positive attitude..

[English is my third language.. so parden me if I did any mistake!]

There is no way to tell if the maker of the game instance is intending to rush, to clear the map, to play the maps sequentially, to farm kills, etc. We take the risk of rejection every time we enter an unknown player's game instance.

The way to fix it, I think, is to give the maker of the instance some more settings. The default can still be that everyone can join, but the settings could be minimum level, filtered by type (warrior, archer, enchantress), minimum stats (stat Y must be X). Then, if an instance is created for rush farming, they can say level 45, warriors, str 145. Then they can stun and run all day. Another example, for a pickup game to clear all five maps of AO1 might be level 35, any, any. This would serve simply to filter out any moochers.

Also, we would get to see the settings, and we would feel more inclined to join a pickup group if we saw that, yes there is one player level 45 but the settings are for anyone over level 40. And we wouldn't be able to join anything that we were filtered out of.

Otherwise, for now, you take your risks. If you find like-minded people, you friend them. When you log in the next day, if they are there, you join them.

I don't think they are jerks. It can feel that way when I get booted because I don't like rejection, but they don't have any options either, except to use a password, which defeats the idea of a pickup group.

FluffNStuff
09-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Sup Jonboy - Bombay is bombay. . . at least I hope we have our own time-zone. If not. then am stuck on the same zone as Delhi. Which is like the second worst city on this planet. . . .not that m complaining.

Re: the marathon run we are planning. combos is key. let that be the mantra as it were.

No way you live in Bombay (Mumbai) I have some relatives that live there, wonder if you know them ... lol (Yes, I do know that it is the most populated city on the planet)

Volksy
09-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I think simply being able to title our games would create the advantage of prospecting theroght players.

For example; "RUSHING! 45 ONLY"

sorry if this was mentioned already.

And yes Snake, i drive a Volkswagen ;)

Furrawn
09-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Here Here!!

I second that!

And Azrael, you're right- it does take extra effort (potions etc) to have lower than 45's rushing- not to mention they are more likely to die and cause the group to have trouble. I just don't think all 40's intend to freeload. They just join an open game that is actually in the appropriate campaign for them. We really need to be able to quick label games for RF (Rush Farming), etc so people can see what games are before they join...

TwinkTastical
09-03-2010, 10:39 PM
cough says the noob cough

Furrawn
09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
cough says the noob cough

Who's the noob?
I don't get what you mean.

I think most everyone posting in this thread, including me, have been playing PL for a very long time... Maybe I just need some coffee and my brain is tired... Because you posted directly under MY post it looks as though you are referring to me... I certainly hope that is not the case since i'm not a noob - lol I was playing this game back in April.

kurl
09-03-2010, 11:07 PM
its not the same lv 44 still get pounded hard and gear is not the same also you cant weild the best stuff at lv 44 like shock lances and others so please dont say that and btw we let 44 stay but not 40s down if likr plazma pyramid or ao2 things like farming ,,,,...........

Chickdigcookies
09-03-2010, 11:13 PM
eh, i was booted today by kurl, so i hate him for that, not really, but he was removed from my friends list. i didnt even get my screen fully loaded and...Youve Been Booted By Kurll.

good going chief...

oh and before he replies...

i did log on holybean and joined the group and said

'thank you for boot tool"

and left.

FluffNStuff
09-03-2010, 11:35 PM
My level 35 was booted today by some noobs in the Mynas Swamps because I soloed Frogmar after they all died from the doing the red shirt march of death. Not my fault the host respawned right away.

Bentmer
09-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I agree with krav on this completly. If i have to use elixers to balance out another players shortcomings, chances are ill just boot the player an keep the extra gold to pay for that elixer.

And its uncool when lowbies get pinks for doing nothing in farming runs.

If you dont want the boot then go level up like the rest of us did.

I'm replying to your quote, but I'm addressing all those who have similar views to yours.

I'll start by saying that it's completely in your right to boot whomever you choose. And I'm sure you and the others are very helpful to lower level players.

However, I strongly disagree with your assumption that people who are lower level than you are 'doing nothing' for pinks or leeching experience. That's simply a ridiculous notion and it makes you come off as a jerk to be perfectly honest.

First of all, where do you draw the line with who is and who isn't your 'equal'? I'm level 43 now, should I boot every single person who are a few levels lower than myself? Because you know, they're not really doing anything to earn those greens and oranges. And if they weren't there with me, I'd get to keep all those items to myself. Oh wait...I don't. How about those people who come in after a portion of the map is cleared? Are those people freeloaders too? Should I boot them? What about people who are lagging or are chatting with friends? Those people are obviously not doing their part too! You know, I think I need some sort of mod that shows DPS and healing numbers, so I can boot people who are not killing things fast enough. Yeah I'm being facetious and a bit of a jerk myself now. But I hope you see my point.

Second of all, let's not pretend that you have to min/max every single person in a dungeon to clear it. I've been a veteran of years of MMO's and participated in a lot of high level raids where every single point of damage and healing counted. This game does not require that at all. I'm sure you can clear a dungeon faster with a bunch of max level players with top level gear. But we are talking a difference in minutes...not hours or even days like in other MMO's. Maybe those lost minutes are extremely valuable to you, but most of the time for me, I'm just sitting in town looking to buy/sell gear.

Thirdly, this whole discussion started with a person who was just a few levels below. I could understand if they were clearly too low for the difficulty of the dungeon. But AO2 is where players about level 40 are supposed to level I thought? And the whole notion that I need to check who is in what dungeon before I jump in sounds a bit far-fetched in my opinion. So what happens if a level 42 person started the game and two level 45's join? Should I never join a game with any lvl 45 for fear of upsetting them? I mean if it bothers you that much, why not make a password protected game and farm to your hearts content?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my long winded post. Thankfully in my experience, I've rarely run across anyone who wasn't friendly and helpful to me. I'm now almost lvl 44 and I've been booted from a game exactly once. So I'd like to end this post on a happy note and thank everyone who's helped me level up along the way and shown me the ropes so to speak. I hope that I can pay it forward to the next wave of new players after me.

TwinkTastical
09-03-2010, 11:45 PM
says the noob was directed at the 40-44 who made this thread, and is now a sandstone prod...

Furrawn
09-04-2010, 12:19 AM
says the noob was directed at the 40-44 who made this thread, and is now a sandstone prod...

But, Twink, why the name-calling? I think the threadmaker has a point. I know why people don't want lower than 45's rush farming... But lower 40's level folks don't know it's an all 45 game before they join... And I doubt most lower 40's are trying to be parasitic freeloaders... It's a result of no game details... I understand why the threadmaker is frustrated. I also understand why Kavanah wants to just rush with lvl 45's. We need a way to provide info about a game before someone joins...

In a map-clearing game though- I will say that I do think it is a gross oversimplification to ever ASSUME a level 45 will play better than anyone else just because the best gear is 45 lvl. I played with a group of "lowbies" (as Azrael calls them) the other day. A pug group of 37 & up. I was the only 45. They were a great group! The teamwork was excellent. It also was more challenging because the group had to play as a team to do fast hard damage. Combos were flying out everywhere, skills were stacked... It was great... I've also played with a whole team of 45's before who didn't know an alien from an apple or a combo from a chilidog.

Also, ALL of us were below level 45 at some point.

Oh, and Bentmer? Nice post. Well said.

TwinkTastical
09-04-2010, 01:46 AM
noob isnt name calling, its title giving, also... rule of thumb - lv 2 only- till lv 45 :)

Furrawn
09-04-2010, 03:03 AM
noob isnt name calling, its title giving, also... rule of thumb - lv 2 only- till lv 45 :)

Hmmm. I disagree with the idea that a noob is anyone under lvl 45. It's ludicrous. I find it hard to believe that is the standard definition on the forum- especially since some of us have been around since Lost Ex was as high a level as there was... "Noob" is supposed to apply to folks who are clueless about how to play - which applies to tons of Mynas level 45's- or folks who are new to PL or the game genre.

It is not all about the level. I'm surprised at Azrael's viewpoint (unless he just means Rush Farming). He is probably a better player as a lvl 20 than most players would be as a lvl 45. I'd have thought he'd realize that could be true of other players...

I actually played with snakespeare back when he was in his lvl 30's- before I saw him on the forum. My hubby and I had a great time playing with him. I'd have missed a new friend if I thought the way some of you do:(

It's one thing to get annoyed with all the idiotic weapon-and-gold gimmes walking around, stirring up mobs, demanding REZ from bears... BUT I give people a chance in game. To just see below-lvl-45's all as a group that's unworthy isn't cool. They grow up and we have them as equals after they've been treated badly. It's not a great way to grow a healthy community.

I'll be happy to play with Volksy.
BTW, Volksy- I learned to drive on a little blue ancient VW bug... My dad always said if you can drive a VW bug straight shift in traffic and stop and go at a red light on a hill without rolling backwards, you can drive ANYTHING:)

Arjun
09-04-2010, 05:10 AM
No way you live in Bombay (Mumbai) I have some relatives that live there, wonder if you know them ... lol (Yes, I do know that it is the most populated city on the planet)

Point! Might knw them - is a small world as they say!! Keep me posted if you ever plan's to visit. . .will see if we can go raid a couple of th local dungeons and find some good loots.

Kalielle
09-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Hmmm. I disagree with the idea that a noob is anyone under lvl 45. It's ludicrous. I find it hard to believe that is the standard definition on the forum- especially since some of us have been around since Lost Ex was as high a level as there was... "Noob" is supposed to apply to folks who are clueless about how to play - which applies to tons of Mynas level 45's- or folks who are new to PL or the game genre.

Completely agree. In fact I don't even use "noob" to refer to players who are truly new but willing to work and learn. To me "noob" is someone who is high level but plays as if they weren't. I don't waste the term on clueless but friendly low levels who are doing the quests instead of power leveling, and asking things like "where's drake" in town. They're just newcomers, and I'm happy to help them. "Noob" is reserved for people like the mynas level 45 mages who take half a minute to notice that my bear needs rezzing, or for bears who just poke at things and sit there doing no crowd control while my mage gets killed.

I prefer ten times over to have in my group a level 40ish who can play over a level 45 who can't! Farming groups are an exception, but even then I'm willing to give a >40 str player with good gear a try. That's not to say that Kavanah is wrong to choose otherwise (and incidentally, he's one of the nicest farming bears out there, and one of the few who doesn't just boot non-bears by default like many do - and he does have a point about how choosing which low level to keep might be unfair). It's just that I still remember joining my first rush when my bear was 43, half-expecting to be booted and being so glad when I wasn't, and then being totally freaked out when I realized it was a rush, and doing my darnedest to stay alive and play my very best, and being so glad when the leader accepted my friend request a day later, and dropping everything to be there when he next invited me. (I wonder if he even remembers those times... :) We're friends now and farm together a lot.) So yeah, I'll sometimes give >40s in good gear a farming chance, because I remember being like them once - but again good level 40s gear is definitely key there.

Oh and Volksy, I think I played with your paladin in aos2 a few days ago. You were level 41 I think and tanking better than the two higher level bears we had with us, and my level 45 mage was so very glad to have you there! I was gonna start begging you to accept my friend request if you hadn't done it. :D Seriously, it was a pleasure to watch someone play so well. Please add my alts, I'd love to play with you again.

And to all you level 45s who boot players like Volksy from map-clearing games, let me tell you: you are such noobs!!! :p

Kingofhurtz
09-04-2010, 08:59 AM
The only times I boot are if someone is being rude or offensive or if I'm holding a spot. And if I'm holding a spot I'll explain that and give u a chance to leave first, then boot if I have to. Ur welcome in my games