PDA

View Full Version : Burst damage. (stats vs weap damage)

Pudge
09-02-2010, 11:11 AM
What I'm looking for is the largest possible amount of damage from skills, like hot-flash, drain health, cruel blast, sms and stomp.

my question is this: which of these go more towards getting those nice big numbers - stat boosted skills? or a slow weapon with high damage?

for example, take an archer. My archer is currently pure dex, and the increase in cruel blast damage with the skill-driven stats is certainly noticeable. However, I am wondering which could do more burst damage with blast shot, a dex archer with a high dps bow/xbow, or a str bird with a lower dps but much higher damage weapon?

or another example is int-hybrids. Staffs, while slower, will usually have higher damage than bows, would that mean that an int-bird would do more damage with skills than a dex-bird? or comparable? or does the stat-driven skill boosts completely overshadow this effect?

Raxie
09-03-2010, 04:36 AM
i'm pretty sure that pure dex archers can win flawlessly against any other race now. it's not really the weapon. it's the combos of the skills/spells that usually determine victory or loss.
a dex archer has no weapons that can break armour so your best choice is to go for talon with wing for that extra armour or red scarab bow for the extra power. also, int bears/archers aren't very good in pvp.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Here's what I think:

Archers with no weapon, but all points into dex, will still do low damage on cruel blast. But if it had a weapon, it could do much more damage with cruel blast than with no weapon.

I'm pretty sure I tested this out..

Pudge
09-03-2010, 06:49 PM
it seems like you guys think that this is a dumb question. perhaps this is a better example: pallies are now missing out on stat-boosted skills, however, does having a higher weapon damage do anything to make up for this? can a pally still do some nice bursty pvp damage?

Raxie
09-04-2010, 04:55 AM
a pally still owns in pvp. there's no doubt about it. also most pallies go 142 str and then rest into int so they don't miss out on the skill conversion. also there are great weapons for each stat; scarab bow/talon for dex, galzyx/wand for int and spear/lance for str. it's not the weapon as i said before in my previous post. it's all about the combo. however, the lance is the best damaging weapon right now so i think the stat str has the best advantage right now.