PDA

View Full Version : New Armors with Closed Visors: You decide!

xcon
09-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Since I can't seem to be able to start a poll I am going with a regular post! If someone wants to make this an official poll I ask you to please do and credit me in your post.

OPEN VOTES: 5

CLOSED VOTES: 20

Here are some images of the opened visor helms coming to SL and some of the same helmets with a closed visor that I rendered myself (using the original helmets design and simple observation to discern what they would look like closed). The question here is do you like the opened versions or the closed versions? Unfortunately I could not come up with a decent alternative to the op helm. Fortunately Corpser did and his image is what you see below for the operative alternative, Thank You Corpser. Also these pictures do not show the animated glow effects that come with the armors so you have to do your best to imagine a flowing lava commando face plate like the engi arbiters helm except lava.

Engi: Open & Closed Visors

16369 16370

Commando: Open & Closed Visors

16371 16372

Op:

16374 16386

Vote simply by saying open or closed as always feel free to comment.

BOTH IS NOT AN OPTION

But a welcome opinion.

Zaonabiuibil
09-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I think people should have an option as to if they want it open or closed, so I'll say both.

xcon
09-08-2012, 04:24 PM
I forgot to mention both unfortunately is not an option I have editted that bit of information into the OP, I ask that you make your decision within the parameters of the poll, please edit your post accordingly.

Thank You for Voting.

@ Kaytar I am not complaining nowhere in my post is there a complaint. Please do not put words in my mouth or accuse me of doing something I am not this is a poll that is all. As far as my comment on the Op helm goes that is my personal opinion not a complaint. I beg you to use more accurate judgement and courtesy when posting in the future.

Thank You for Voting.

Battlegrinder
09-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm really on the fence with this one. I don't particularly like the planned commando helmet, but I'm not too wild about the closed face look either.

bronislav84
09-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Hate closed visors. Reason I hide hat and/or use a vanity. Also why is this in Off Topic when it's clearly SL?

Open.

Xarxas
09-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Closed has a halo feel to it and I love halo so closed

TheRook
09-08-2012, 08:15 PM
I also say closed

XamenX
09-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Ohayou gozaimasu! Je habitu Australie! Annyung! Ni Hao! Btw i choose BOTH! and you said both is "not an option" SOOOO my vote isssss 'not an option"

Commanderkeen
09-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Both because it is an option.

Corpser
09-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Both because it is an option.

True the devs could easily make a variation with closed helmets

i like them closed personally

i made my own op with a visor but it's not as good as your ones (the blending sucks :P) i think i did alright.... you can see the basic idea :)

BodMaster
09-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Awesome concept here xcon! (A bit like the thread that got the necessary changes needed to the 31 Cap gear)

I actually had one criticism from a Comm's perspective and that was the helm. I would love for that closed visor/helmet to be implemented!

When I first took a look at the Engi it looked like an elf kind of face, as if you can see the ears an such (Like a little Zelda type head in a big helm, stare at it if you have too lol). That said the gloves/arms look prerty damn neat, and after re-coloured on the second pic look even better again.

Liked the OP one from the start (:

And also nice job Corpser looks pretty kick-***! Maybe xcon can add it to the OP as an alternative.

So taking all into account, I'd have to say Closed. (If both more the merrier, but expect a longer time before the release is made live)

@Both, I believe he means both is not an option within his Poll. And as everyone knows OPs word is final ;p

Bubututu
09-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Engi -Closed

Comm - Closed

Op - Closed

On second thought..... can I choose to have both? :-P

Jblazer
09-08-2012, 10:59 PM
I'd rather have closed on that eng one,but on the commando closed one it looks pretty dumb...it's a blob of nutin.

Cahaun
09-08-2012, 11:06 PM
The only one that looks pretty good open is the operative helm. The commando one was like open: "Shoot me in the head!" and the engineer one reminds me of oversived turtle necks.

Both I say :)

Corpser
09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I'd rather have closed on that eng one,but on the commando closed one it looks pretty dumb...it's a blob of nutin.
i believe the commando one is supposed to have the same fiery animation as the golemtech chest and since there is so little of that fiery animation visible its really hard to turn into a helmet which is why bits and pieces can be blobby? am i right? not to sure?

Jblazer
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm confused so I will reply with a simple "sure".

Corpser
09-08-2012, 11:36 PM
here i've tried to show with the pictures :)

i tried :) sorry about the little tag :/ happens when i scroll over images :/

Asavadale
09-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Eng: Open
Com: Closed
Op: I Dont really care

Exion
09-09-2012, 04:06 AM
I'm missing an option here.. the 'I couldn't care less, I use the hide helmet button' option.
Wich I would vote for.

flashbackflip
09-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Open is good enough

tho i like the work u've done and wish there were two options availlabe

BodMaster
09-09-2012, 06:02 AM
i believe the commando one is supposed to have the same fiery animation as the golemtech chest and since there is so little of that fiery animation visible its really hard to turn into a helmet which is why bits and pieces can be blobby? am i right? not to sure?

Not very confusing to understand, so you are perfectly correct. The animation will happen throughout the whole body/like previous 36 caps.

Open is good enough

tho i like the work u've done and wish there were two options availlabe

Just curious which "Open" you were referring to?

Corpser
09-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Not very confusing to understand, so you are perfectly correct. The animation will happen throughout the whole body/like previous 36 caps.

Just curious which "Open" you were referring to?

thanks wasn't sure if i was making sense :p i think flash is talking about just the original open faces for all but i cant clarify for him :/

Honeypot
09-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Definitely closed!

<3 :bee: <3

Aaroniero Arruruerie
09-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Actually I have to thank you on that, I asked the same thing on samhayne's thread but never got feedback on it.

I'd prefer closed, but you know... things happen :/

Jblazer
09-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Definitely closeed,though I'm retired,I think closed is way better.

Phoenixking
09-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Definitely closeed,though I'm retired,I think closed is way better.
Same on both things you said

Jblazer
09-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Lol

bronislav84
09-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Why does SL even have faces? So people can hide them? Does not compute.

gison
09-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Closed :o
I hate the look of opened.

gison
09-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Eng: Open
Com: Closed
Op: I Dont really care

You should care about ops :o

Urqui
09-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Closed
Good job:frog:

Lowlyspy
09-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Yes.

Both.

Mitchturbo
09-10-2012, 01:24 AM
I like them all open for once.

akfury
09-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Closed op open eng com is ugly .:.

Jahova
09-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Lol so you think STS should make open And closed???

ArtofWar
09-10-2012, 02:47 AM
well.. on the engi n on the op the closed helms are looking way better but the closed com helm is looking so ugly.. so like zao already said there should be a option if you want your helm closed or open..

*Zero*
09-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Closed on all. But id rather the com have the front have the look of the mech helm but with fiery eyes.

Cephei
09-10-2012, 06:57 AM
The closed helm should have fiery eyes with a big fiery smile :D

masterinfinit
09-10-2012, 07:00 AM
op: closed
comm:open
eng:closed

Isniper
09-10-2012, 07:24 AM

+10

*Zero*
09-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Umm i know its a game and all, but it is in space maybe we cant breathe on these alien planets...jus sayin

octavos
09-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Umm i know its a game and all, but it is in space maybe we cant breathe on these alien planets...jus sayin

thus the invention of a gasmask in plat store was invented...and the scorn breather XD...ps i like closed masks....and the open ones too lol

dugantale
09-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I like them closed on all of them. I just think it looks better :) not disin on the devs work but I bet they could implant a option to have them mask open or close that be pretty cool, but maybe were asking to much from the devs :) they do, do a lot for us!! Thanks devs :)

bronislav84
09-10-2012, 02:31 PM

Umm i know its a game and all, but it is in space maybe we cant breathe on these alien planets...jus sayinYes it's a game dude. Reading too deeply lol. But to answer your question for the fun of it, invisible personal oxygen generator bubbles. Why? Because this game is science fiction and that's as good an explanation as any. ;)

Still think you guys are just silly. Seriously, why even give characters faces then?

Cephei
09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Closed rocks...open rocks too...

Ill use my xray anyways :P

BodMaster
09-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Still think you guys are just silly. Seriously, why even give characters faces then?

Not sure about you. But if I did want to hide my helm, having no face may just freak us out a little (;

bronislav84
09-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Yea, yes it would. But what I'm saying is that a closed helmet is like having no face. Why do we have faces if so many people want to hide them? IRL faces make you unique because unlike games, you CANNOT have two people with the same face except if they're born twins or have plastic surgery. Faces make you unique. Down with pseudo uniqueness? Pass.

I like my pseudo individuality.

Btw this is not indicative of the whole population, which most don't even go to the forums, let alone read them.

Cephei
09-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Yea, yes it would. But what I'm saying is that a closed helmet is like having no face. Why do we have faces if so many people want to hide them? IRL faces make you unique because unlike games, you CANNOT have two people with the same face except if they're born twins or have plastic surgery. Faces make you unique. Down with pseudo uniqueness? Pass.

I like my pseudo individuality.

Btw this is not indicative of the whole population, which most don't even go to the forums, let alone read them.

Dude...Its just game

Cahaun
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM

thus the invention of a gasmask in plat store was invented...and the scorn breather XD...ps i like closed masks....and the open ones too lol
The description on it tells me it doesn't work :/

Kiith
09-10-2012, 05:03 PM
I love the closed helms so I vote closed but maybe like 2 diff helms in one it says (open) and other says (closed) maybe?

bronislav84
09-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Dude...Its just gameWhatever. You guys defy logic.

urmommy
09-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I think engi and op should be closed but the comm looks cool open.

gison
09-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Whatever. You guys defy logic.

Lol

BodMaster
09-11-2012, 07:49 AM
I think engi and op should be closed but the comm looks cool open.

The Comm and Engi look the worst open by far. Still can't get that little Link like face out my head when looking at Engi.

Rittik
09-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Ofcourse closed! closed looks epic!

Rik[Rittik]

RedStapler
09-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I like that there's the option. It gives even more opportunities for customization and individualization.

flashbackflip
09-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I like that there's the option. It gives even more opportunities for customization and individualization.

The option?

You mean they will come out both versions?

P.S.

cool funny sig man!

octavos
09-11-2012, 11:02 AM
The option?

You mean they will come out both versions?

P.S.

cool funny sig man!

naww, just that Red is in favor of it....need gibbs to tell us the low down. unless red knows something we dont lol.

*Zero*
09-11-2012, 11:12 AM
naww, just that Red is in favor of it....need gibbs to tell us the low down. unless red knows something we dont lol.

*Shifty Eyes*

bronislav84
09-11-2012, 02:01 PM
I like that there's the option. It gives even more opportunities for customization and individualization.You mean to say you guys are actually considering this based on like less than 20 people's opinions saying they want closed? Please, say it ain't so. Out of how many players? The vocal minority.

xcon
09-11-2012, 02:28 PM
You mean to say you guys are actually considering this based on like less than 20 people's opinions saying they want closed? Please, say it ain't so. Out of how many players? The vocal minority.

Karaai, we understand you don't like the closed helms and that is great I respect your opinion but you cant even do us the courtesy of respecting ours. I beg you once again to please use more thought before posting and consider how others may feel and not just yourself, c'mon man, I don't like to post unless I have something useful to say but I have sat here for 4 days reading your thoughtless and discourteous attempts to derail this thread from the original topic. Please I beg of you once more to stop this nonsense and realize if we get both than it is a win-win for you and I, there is no need for this kind of deconstructive posting, are you trying to start a flame war?

AS far as this is concerned there are a couple possibilities.

1. it sounds like stapler may not have read through my first post and thought MAYBE that the closed helms were a legitimate STS studios design and that both were actually an option.

OR

2. He knows something we don't and both is actually an option and everyone wins.

Be happy!

bronislav84
09-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Huh. You're right. It took you saying so for me to realize it. I'm not contributing to the thread anymore, just complaining. Maybe I should just stop reading? Every time I see somebody post for closed I it just bothers me.

To answer your your question no, I'm not trying to start a flame war. If I was trying to start a flame war, not only would I have insulted a couple people already, but I'd also get banned already. People who try to start flame wars say bad things. I'm just continuously amazed this is getting support, and can't help expressing it.

Really, maybe I should just stop reading this thread.

flashbackflip
09-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Huh. You're right. It took you saying so for me to realize it. I'm not contributing to the thread anymore, just complaining. Maybe I should just stop reading? Every time I see somebody post for closed I it just bothers me.

To answer your your question no, I'm not trying to start a flame war. If I was trying to start a flame war, not only would I have insulted a couple people already, but I'd also get banned already. People who try to start flame wars say bad things. I'm just continuously amazed this is getting support, and can't help expressing it.

Really, maybe I should just stop reading this thread.

The Force is strong with you brotha

Very mature and good-willed. Total respect

HunterSLAYER
09-12-2012, 04:50 AM
The Force is strong with you brotha

Very mature and good-willed. Total respect

Come join the Dark side.
All Hail Lord Vader! XD

Jk FLIP

Corpser
09-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Come join the Dark side.
All Hail Lord Vader! XD

Jk FLIP

or you can be in the MIDDLE!!!!!

tearacan
09-13-2012, 07:31 AM
l30 were closed, l35 were open, l40 are closed, l45 are open....wait till l50 or hold on to l40 ;)

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 08:40 AM
l30 were closed, l35 were open, l40 are closed, l45 are open....wait till l50 or hold on to l40 ;)

The funny thing is, I wouldn't show any of the open one's always had vanity covering. Though I would let the closed slide, 30/31 was da' bomb (; (Mando for all that do not know me :p)

flashbackflip
09-13-2012, 09:48 AM
or you can be in the MIDDLE!!!!!

Yeah! Thats exactly what im trying to be playing SWTOR ;)

Corpser
09-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah! Thats exactly what im trying to be playing SWTOR ;)

not an easy thing to doo ...... :p i did that in Kotor one and two or at least attempted to

Theminecraft
09-15-2012, 06:46 PM
How cool would these be for custom or platinum set:D

Mrsberry
09-16-2012, 02:22 AM
I like them closed.
If u want to show your face just go to options/hide helm :strawberry:

deathcan
09-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Id like to see the option for open and closed but i do like closed better i mean i dont wanna hold my breath for to long while fighting scorn lol

[S]pectacular.
09-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Closed helms would look better on all of them imo, otherwise I'd have to go purchase a face remodeling for 5 plat haha

thecrankybearsam
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Closed makes me feel liake a spaartan

Enforcerbot
09-17-2012, 03:40 AM
I like open.

Qucel
09-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Closed Please

Kiith
09-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Like the blue, Minecraft .or like custom the helmet so they can be closed? But let it be cheap for the supplys to buy

Corpser
09-19-2012, 06:58 AM
How cool would these be for custom or platinum set:D

looks good like that maybe that could be a re color one like what sam mentioned

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 07:10 AM
looks good like that maybe that could be a re color one like what sam mentioned

What did Sam mention? Must have missed it, last I seen was this;

As I understand it, there will not be plat versions of these armors.

Kuero
10-28-2012, 10:06 AM
I actually agree with bronislave.
I understand the sense of this thread but do you want now to discuss (every time a new lvl cap arrived) alternative versions of the armors?
Well I also dislike this blue/ yellow/ turquoise on the Operator armor. Why you don't just accept the Armor how it is? Most of us are carrying vanities anyways.
And my vote for visor is: X-ray/ X-terminator Visor

Kuero
10-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Also I personally think that's the only reason why devs have released a vanity item class. I'm pretty sure the original idea of vanities to cover your armor if you doesn't like the way it looks and giving you an option to have both, stats and look as well.
I also assume another reason was to prevent that players are starting to complain with the devs that they want new/ alternative gear because they don't like it.
I think you guys should better use this thread for complaining how you want to have the next lvl 50 armor look like

BodMaster
10-28-2012, 11:11 AM
The topic has ended, obviously SL wasn't going to get the light of day around these times.

But disagree with everything you have said, you believe if we don't like the look of gear we should just let it go unmentioned?

Guess you weren't around for 31 Cap..

Check out these Vids, and tell me that you would have preferred the Old Engi 30 gear over New Engi, this is what can be achieved if we try and work together with StS or StS give us the attention we deserve.

Old 30 Engi

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36473-Check-out-some-of-the-new-armor-coming-soon-to-Star-Legends&highlight=engi+change

New 30 Engi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZHH9qDdJo0

Kuero
10-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah noticed too late that last post was a month ago.
And grats about the engi thing. U guys made it that a single helmet got changed.
But yeah like u said topic has ended, only noticed too late

BodMaster
10-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Single helmet?

We changed the Lighting Graphics coming from the Arms, Chest and Back and Lighting in the Helme further changing the model that was planned ;)

Abadaobiran
10-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Since I can't seem to be able to start a poll I am going with a regular post! If someone wants to make this an official poll I ask you to please do and credit me in your post.

OPEN VOTES: 5

CLOSED VOTES: 20

Here are some images of the opened visor helms coming to SL and some of the same helmets with a closed visor that I rendered myself (using the original helmets design and simple observation to discern what they would look like closed). The question here is do you like the opened versions or the closed versions? Unfortunately I could not come up with a decent alternative to the op helm. Fortunately Corpser did and his image is what you see below for the operative alternative, Thank You Corpser. Also these pictures do not show the animated glow effects that come with the armors so you have to do your best to imagine a flowing lava commando face plate like the engi arbiters helm except lava.

Engi: Open & Closed Visors

16369 16370

Commando: Open & Closed Visors

16371 16372

Op:

16374 16386

Vote simply by saying open or closed as always feel free to comment.

BOTH IS NOT AN OPTION

But a welcome opinion.
as usual the comm looks sucky and the op looks awesome :anonymous:

BladeZXe
10-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Both but engi one should be better then the one u posted and comando but i like operative no offense

HickeryDickery
10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Close
The engie looks a tad bit like slenderman

Corpser
10-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Close
The engie looks a tad bit like slenderman

???? how xD
this thread is really pretty old guys xD