PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2!!

MightyMicah
09-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Just got a Facebook message from my friend Miriam. Apparently Guild wars 2 is finally out! I don't know about you guys, but I'm super pumped to get it. I should have enough $$$ sometime in November. Doesn't that game look totally epic?!

Anyways, the point of this thread is to ask if anybody else will be playing it. I know Growwle mentioned he is going to. What about anyone else? I'd love to hook up with some peeps and go dominate!

Lemme know!
~MM

vampinoy
09-08-2012, 08:00 PM
I didn't make it in first batch of shipment in our local game store, now it's all out of stock, and my order was pushed back to second shipment next week...'til then I'll just have avoid reading or watching anything about it so I don't spoil anything for myself...I've waited years for this game (I think around 3 years since I stopped playing the first GW)...my hype level is over 9000, trying to forget bout it til next week or I might go crazy LOL!

PS: The only thing I hate about this sequel is that people who were previously banned will become unbanned...other than that, this game looks like a perfect 10 (according to many game reviews). 'Till then, I'll distract myself playing other games...See you there, no idea what my in-game name would be...But I'm definitely be in a US server and I'll be posting videos of some of my gameplays here seeing that there's some of us here in PL forums will be playing GW2...can't wait for world vs world...500 vs 500 people!!?!??!?! That's all out war but I heard queing sucks, it takes hours of waiting...well...I'm sure Arenanet will do something about it in future...

MightyMicah
09-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I didn't make it in first batch of shipment in our local game store, now it's all out of stock, and my order was pushed back to second shipment next week...'til then I'll just have avoid reading or watching anything about it so I don't spoil anything for myself...I've waited years for this game (I think around 3 years since I stopped playing the first GW)...my hype level is over 9000, trying to forget bout it til next week or I might go crazy LOL!

PS: The only thing I hate about this sequel is that people who were previously banned will become unbanned...other than that, this game looks like a perfect 10 (according to many game reviews). 'Till then, I'll distract myself playing other games...See you there, no idea what my in-game name would be...But I'm definitely be in a US server and I'll be posting videos of some of my gameplays here seeing that there's some of us here in PL forums will be playing GW2...can't wait for world vs world...500 vs 500 people!!?!??!?! That's all out war but I heard queing sucks, it takes hours of waiting...well...I'm sure Arenanet will do something about it in future...

Indeed haha...add me and hopefully we can play together! Although I may be on an oceanic server...hmm I suppose my world could verse yours :3 lol either way, my ign will be MightyMicah.

I'm so stoked as well! I've been watching a bunch of reviews by Totalbiscuit and it looks like 11/10 stars. :-)

vampinoy
09-09-2012, 12:06 AM
There are 42 worlds (18 are from North America, and 24 from Europe), honestly, both regions are far from mine anyway. I never had problems playing in either NA or EU servers in the past. Let me know which server you're diving into? Check the link out for the list: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#North_America

If I had to choose with my current zero knowledge of how the servers are playing out today, I'd go for "North America-Ehmry Bay" or "Europe-Whiteside Ridge", just because both are named after Arena Net employees. Those guys are server programmers and I think it'd be safe to say they won't drop the ball on a server named after them. It's easy to transfer worlds anyway, just like before. So worlds aren't really an issue at the start of the game (It will be once Arena Net charges real money for changing servers in the future maybe).

I hope there are more Pocket Legends players who are playing Guild Wars 2 also, maybe we can make a Pocket Legends camp in there. Unlike in other MMO's *cough*, Guildwars has very mature guild system and functional (especially in world PVP), plus as bonus they have thse customized armors,weapons, and flag with your guild emblem in it that you can run around wearing, awesome right?...well, let's see what happens...:P Let me know if you already have a toon? maybe I can join you there, It's always good to start with someone in a game as huge as GW2...(I heard Tyria is 3x the size of skyrim at least, and the game rewards you for exploring 100% of the map like better loots etc., man that's fookin huge and exciting, it'll be cool to do it with people that you have at least one common game background, so we can talk about how better GW too is while exploring HAHA :P). I also heard there's no pick up quests, more like ripple effect quests (like kill 5 rats to make a potion and use a potion to poison a boss then once the boss is dead, get his skin so you can wear it against a much stronger boss...so it's progressive, but I'm curious how it will all play out in the storyline), I'm curious how that works, so we won't be seeing those repetitive bring me quests ala World of Warcraft. Hit me up soon, I'll post here once I get a hold of my game.

PS: I'm so excited in the World PVP, and go kill people randomly and bring home the big cheese to my world...unlike in a game I know, Rushing is actually integral skill in GW games LOL, watch my back i watch yours something like that, no such thing as fair in a war :P Do everything to win kind of thing. Though GW will still have the structured pvp like the one in PL.

submit
09-09-2012, 01:15 AM
I have played that game

vampinoy
09-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Which race/profession will you focus on?...

MightyMicah
09-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Which race/profession will you focus on?...

Your post before this was epic. I liked everything you said. Especially about the rushing. That's what really really excited me. World verse world is going to be LEGIT. hahaha

My character is probably gonna be a human female elementalist because the human females look like bosses (while the males as usual look somewhat gay and wearing makeup -_-) and because I love Avatar the last Air bender and element bending is what I've wanted to do in mmo's forever haha.

BodMaster
09-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Had the Beta key... never got to use it lol.. was too busy on the Beta weekends )':

It come out 25th Aug pre-release for anyone who pre-ordered. And then 28th as Full release.

WvW = Hectic!

Skeletonlord
09-09-2012, 01:56 PM
This game does look pretty epic :)

I'm following GW2 on twitter, and they seem to be having a lot of problems with the game at the moment.

vampinoy
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Your post before this was epic. I liked everything you said. Especially about the rushing. That's what really really excited me. World verse world is going to be LEGIT. hahaha

My character is probably gonna be a human female elementalist because the human females look like bosses (while the males as usual look somewhat gay and wearing makeup -_-) and because I love Avatar the last Air bender and element bending is what I've wanted to do in mmo's forever haha.

I'm thinking of maining my PVE toon as Necromancer...looks baws in PVE plus he has skill that gives him two lifebars lol. For world PVP, I'll main a thief so I can go invincible and backstab unsuspecting enemies (ultimate rushing profession haha) if they're careless I'll slash their necks one by one behind the shadows.

Jblazer
09-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Sounds fun!

vampinoy
09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Had the Beta key... never got to use it lol.. was too busy on the Beta weekends )':

It come out 25th Aug pre-release for anyone who pre-ordered. And then 28th as Full release.

WvW = Hectic!

That's what I heard too...I'm really disappointed at myself right now for missing it. I even had major upgrades on my PC last year in anticipation for this...(Christmas 2011 sale here for videocards, processors, etc.) and Diablo 3. I can't believe I missed this one. Work and Real Life sucks LOL!!!! just kidding

PS: Did you buy the Official Strategy Guide? Price is pretty steep for a guide (compared to free when pro players make guides of their own)...was wondering if that'll be worth it?

vampinoy
09-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Good News!!! I just called a local store where I usually buy my PC parts/games and learned that someone failed to claim his preorder copy of Guildwars 2!!! It's "ONE (1)" copy that surfaced since everything sold out weeks ago including digital copies in the official guildwars2 website (digital copies sold out wtf? LOL)...and I called and visited A LOT of game retail outlets...I feel like I just found a pink item only in real life! LOL.

Anyway, I might be on sooner, maybe as early as Thursday or Friday. Even though I didn't actually play during beta weekends, my game still belongs to the batch of preordered ones. So...that makes me a beta player still? Sweet! This made my day!

BodMaster
09-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Lol! Tell me about it! I actually downloaded like 25GB of data (From my 15GB Allowance) and still never got enough time to sit down and play. (D3 is another story altogether.. lets just say I wasn't a happy bunny grrrr)

Not heard much from Official Guide, but I don't usually need to bother with stuff like that catch on pretty quick no matter what game I play luckily (:

@Digital Copies; Guessing they run out of official codes but even then thst sounds pretty crazy.

About 5+ or more of my mates are playing it and bugging me to start playing lol. I will get it.... sometime :p (Plus live in UK and the sales aren't as bad here.. or so I hope :p

vampinoy
09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes! I got my game today!!! When I got to the store, a random guy walked up to me and told me he was willing to buy my game for twice its price! whoa! He told me his sob story like how he didn't go to work today trying to look for one...and his wife nagging him about him not going to work etc...Felt sorry for the guy...but I wasn't about to give up my copy that I've waited on for years practically...Things are getting a little crazy back here, people are scavenging for copies...the initial shipment must be very limited...I feel very lucky I got mine. So, to prove how happy I really am, here's a little something I prepared while eating dinner XD

PS: Which server will you guys be on?

MightyMicah
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
@bodmaster haha hopefully we can get it eventually and play!
@vampinoy lol whoa! This game is apparently quite popular. Nice banana smile :-)

Oh and idk what server I'll be on. Probably an oceanic one though because my friends guild from WoW will be on that time and I plan to group up with them.

vampinoy
09-10-2012, 10:33 PM
ARENANET REOPENS SALES OF GUILDWARS 2!!! I SMELL STAMPEDE!! LMAO!

SEATTLE – SEPTEMBER 10, 2012: NCsoft®, the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) and ArenaNet, developer of the renowned Guild Wars franchise, announced the reopening of sales of this year’s number-one hit title, Guild Wars 2. Starting today, gamers who have been searching for remaining copies of Guild Wars 2 will be able to join their friends in-game and experience what the entire industry is raving about, as the game is once again available for purchase through buy.guildwars2.com and numerous retail partners...

click link for more: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-reopens-sales-of-guild-wars-2-and-releases-new-video/

MightyMicah
09-11-2012, 11:56 AM
ARENANET REOPENS SALES OF GUILDWARS 2!!! I SMELL STAMPEDE!! LMAO!

SEATTLE – SEPTEMBER 10, 2012: NCsoft®, the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) and ArenaNet, developer of the renowned Guild Wars franchise, announced the reopening of sales of this year’s number-one hit title, Guild Wars 2. Starting today, gamers who have been searching for remaining copies of Guild Wars 2 will be able to join their friends in-game and experience what the entire industry is raving about, as the game is once again available for purchase through buy.guildwars2.com and numerous retail partners...

click link for more: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-reopens-sales-of-guild-wars-2-and-releases-new-video/

Nice! Too bad I don't quite have the funds to get it yet :3

Growwle
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Been playing since three days before launch. In my opinion, it does actually live up to the hype despite the couple launch bugs.

vampinoy
09-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Great!!! By the way, how's your FPS in WvW or at points where more than 10 players are on your screen doing all their skills? What's your processor and video card? Thanks.

vampinoy
09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Considering digital copies were suspended initially...these figures are phenomenal. According to NCsoft "their concurrent players routinely exceeds 400,000", very high traffic for a 2-week old game. All I can say is...wow...no pun intended :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5KmGfq3gQ

SkillFullGamer
09-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Tried it, disliked it, uninstalled it....

MightyMicah
09-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Tried it, disliked it, uninstalled it....

Pff..this guy xD

BodMaster
09-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Pff..this guy xD

Have you seen all his posts? Lol, all close to one liners not even making any sense half the time :p (people still try and post boost? Lol)

Brave Sir Robin
09-17-2012, 09:21 AM
So, is GW2 actually good (for those who started playing it)? People say that the original GW was one of the few games in which devs didn't sacrifice content quality to boost the sales.

Also, I noticed that in GW new 'episodes' would come out every 6 months - 1 year. In your experience, how fast do you get bored of an episode/campaign, if you play 2-5 hours daily.

vampinoy
09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
So, is GW2 actually good (for those who started playing it)? People say that the original GW was one of the few games in which devs didn't sacrifice content quality to boost the sales.

Also, I noticed that in GW new 'episodes' would come out every 6 months - 1 year. In your experience, how fast do you get bored of an episode/campaign, if you play 2-5 hours daily.

GW2 is beyond good. IMO, It's the best MMORPG out there at the moment, but not the most popular (WoW still holds that title). So if you want the best quality that your money can buy, GW2 is the best out there now. You will not have issues with new expansions in GW2 because end game content is so rich. For instance, in GW2, you have World PVP where you fight for you server in an all out war of 500 vs 500 vs 500 players between three servers. If you're coming from a game like PL where people cry when they get rushed, you'll be overwhelmed in GW2 because it's normal scene where 50-60 people are running towards you trying to conquer your castle and take your head as trophy. So the PVP is a war, no rules, just kill and conquer another server. It's not about 5 vs 5 (there's also that format, but nobody cares about that atm), it's about your entire world versus another world. This war never ends as long as you're playing the game. That mechanic alone will keep end game players busy for years. Never ending war. We're not even talking about the variety of skills, builds, professions, traits, etc. that one can build. We're not even talking about crafting and PVE (those takes a lot of patience to master) You can never find a perfect build in this game because it's balanced, nothing is perfect. There's no holy trinity (tank,dps,healer). Anyone can be any build in this game. So it's impossible to find a build that would work in all scenarios because each scenario would require you a specific build. You think you're hot in PVP until someone destroys you completely with a build you've never seen before...so end-game is very fluid. You wouldn't have to worry about new content, the existing one will keep your pre-occupied for years.

PS: Your forum name reminds me of my toon during his early days in GW2. Robin hood getup:

MightyMicah
09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
GW2 is beyond good. IMO, It's the best MMORPG out there at the moment, but not the most popular (WoW still holds that title). So if you want the best quality that your money can buy, GW2 is the best out there now. You will not have issues with new expansions in GW2 because end game content is so rich. For instance, in GW2, you have World PVP where you fight for you server in an all out war of 500 vs 500 vs 500 players between three servers. If you're coming from a game like PL where people cry when they get rushed, you'll be overwhelmed in GW2 because it's normal scene where 50-60 people are running towards you trying to conquer your castle and take your head as trophy. So the PVP is a war, no rules, just kill and conquer another server. It's not about 5 vs 5 (there's also that format, but nobody cares about that atm), it's about your entire world versus another world. This war never ends as long as you're playing the game. That mechanic alone will keep end game players busy for years. Never ending war. We're not even talking about the variety of skills, builds, professions, traits, etc. that one can build. We're not even talking about crafting and PVE (those takes a lot of patience to master) You can never find a perfect build in this game because it's balanced, nothing is perfect. There's no holy trinity (tank,dps,healer). Anyone can be any build in this game. So it's impossible to find a build that would work in all scenarios because each scenario would require you a specific build. You think you're hot in PVP until someone destroys you completely with a build you've never seen before...so end-game is very fluid. You wouldn't have to worry about new content, the existing one will keep your pre-occupied for years.

PS: Your forum name reminds me of my toon during his early days in GW2. Robin hood getup:

Preach it to em brotha! Amen and amen! This game is like a little angel that jumped down from heaven xD

Asifrausa
09-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Wow looks awesome, sounds awesome, but never played it. I guess I'll give it a try.

Brave Sir Robin
09-25-2012, 02:28 PM

Thanks, this is all I needed to know. It seems the game is excellent value for money, for just $58 you get all this awesome content. The only thing that stops me from buying it atm is that I know that I will get addicted and now is definitely not a good time for this ;)

PS. Amazing picture :) Brave Sir Robin is a Monty Python character who always runs away in the face of danger. You can find his story here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFefppqEtE). Lakandula is a cool name too. Not many people know that it means monarch ;)