PDA

View Full Version : do luck elixers affect drop rates of the black dragon pinks?

Atw622
09-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi. After so many runs in the new dungeon with the 100% luck elixer on, I'm starting to wonder if the luck elixers affect drop rates of the black dragon pinks?

Can someone please let me know so I can find out whether I'm wasting ALOT of plat on luck elixers tryin to get the new black dragon pinks

Thanks

Bless
09-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Yes u can reroll and get a pink from a purp

Whirlzap
09-09-2012, 12:16 PM
^ I believe this is how people are actually getting them.

Entertaining
09-09-2012, 03:00 PM
^ I believe this is how people are actually getting them.

I'm yet to see any drop, but i have seen people wearing them.

Jhawkeye
10-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I got a dex armor drop my 4th time running the dungeon. no elixer

drgrimmy
10-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Yep, I got 4 drops and I believe all were with rerolls. Also I don't think I have seen one drop
without a reroll. Unfortunately the rates of purple drops are so low (probably get one every
100-200 runs or so) that you will still have to do hours and hours of runs on elixers to get a
drop. Keep in mind that my four drops were over approximately 50 hours of runs on thrasher
with big luck. It just hurts to see a purple drop and not get a reroll :)

Energizeric
10-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I completed the ichor quest yesterday. I estimate that I did around 1500-2000 runs in order to get the 500 ichors. And in all of those runs, I got one single pink drop -- a dex armor, and it was from a reroll (I was using a crazy dumpster elixir plus was wearing my big luck helm). But drops here are very rare. I've only even seen about 3 other drops to other players in all of those runs. So I'd say the drop rate for pinks without elixir is probably on the order of 0.05% or so (for the mathematically challenged, that is 1 out of every 2000 runs), and maybe with luck elixirs that goes up to like 0.2% (1 out of every 500 runs). A buddy of mine completed the ichor quest with 3 different toons, and he only got 3 drops total. So figure that even with luck elixir you will have to do a few hundred runs to loot a black dragon item.

LwMark
10-13-2012, 02:39 PM
I spent 500+ on shamus
I got zero drops using shamus
So i said screw it ill just use bigger luck an just farm inchors
What do u know i got
A int helm
And
A int armor
One rerolled
One was just drop
Go figure

slaveleia
10-13-2012, 03:52 PM
I completed the ichor quest yesterday. I estimate that I did around 1500-2000 runs in order to get the 500 ichors. And in all of those runs, I got one single pink drop -- a dex armor, and it was from a reroll (I was using a crazy dumpster elixir plus was wearing my big luck helm). But drops here are very rare. I've only even seen about 3 other drops to other players in all of those runs. So I'd say the drop rate for pinks without elixir is probably on the order of 0.05% or so (for the mathematically challenged, that is 1 out of every 2000 runs), and maybe with luck elixirs that goes up to like 0.2% (1 out of every 500 runs). A buddy of mine completed the ichor quest with 3 different toons, and he only got 3 drops total. So figure that even with luck elixir you will have to do a few hundred runs to loot a black dragon item.

Id agree with Energizeric....but I have to say its so hard to figure out luck in this game! I'll never understand it to be honest. There's times when you feel like the most unluckiest player in the game & other times you're on fire...ready to earn a gold cap easy! I think Shamus shamrock does help in Black dragon drops....sometimes in combination with Classy looter, u can get the drops u want. I dropped either armor & helm then got classy looter to match the set & i was amazed it actually worked wow lol. It doesn't always work right away but I completed Black dragon Int & Str sets using it...very expensive tho! 140 plat an hour...the elixir sale weekend was really nice for it.

I have about 7 Black dragon drops in 910 ichors received...2 int helms, 1 int armor, 2 Str helm, & 2 Str armors. Guess u can say I've been damn lucky so far. I like my chances for black drag way more than vanity drag drops in Mt Fang feast....it seems like it never happens over there. I saw 2 other players drop a blue & green but haven't seen much even after ppl have said the rates seemed to increase. Must be happening cause there's a lot more appearing in the CS.

On a side note, once I was running in Fire forest with Shamus & wasn't getting any. Then I just decided to put on Big luck, then I freaking got a drop! That confused me even more....thought 100% reroll doesn't need big or bigger luck...must be just coincidence :-/
Never understand luck....it's just luck like everyone says!

Emannyv93
10-13-2012, 04:15 PM
The re roll does work , just need to be lucky i guess. You can ask anyone who knows my screen name on PL and farmed with me in black smoke, I got about 7 pinks from that dungeon when it first came out , and 2 of them weren't re rolls .. :]. I guess some people are lucky "/

Ogbuehi
10-13-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't know how many runs I did before I completed Ichor quest ( I estimate around 700) and I got 4 drops. Three good and one garbage pink. Since them I haven't seen anybody get a drop.

Swords
10-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Do u know what can spoil this? if a person went only 1 run and got a blackened pink :D

Deanevauden.
10-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Anyone wanna sell an int helm for 3.3m:D

Mage till the end
10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
184 ichors and one drop.

jerzy448
10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
500 ichors quest = 6 days
whole extra week of farming blacksmoke after ichors completed.
Got one drop and saw one other. that place is very stingy to me. actually almost broke my farming spirit