PDA

View Full Version : Stats from a Grind

Cooz
04-21-2010, 03:52 AM
So, once again, I ran through Forest Haven and this is roughly what you can expect from it:

713 kills
64 mana potions
80 health potions
7864 gold
80 minutes

So if you tally the potion costs and gold together the run was worth around 11k.

setec
04-21-2010, 05:43 AM
I am assuming the gold is gold loot plus gold from selling dropped loot?

Cooz
04-21-2010, 05:50 AM
I am assuming the gold is gold loot plus gold from selling dropped loot?

Yes, you assume correctly.

Shebee
04-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Warriors archer or chanter?

Cooz
04-21-2010, 06:58 AM

Currently an enchanter with max dex. An encharcher?

_ck
04-21-2010, 08:04 AM

There's a Monk class now? ;)

http://www.expatica.com/upload/MonasterioTEXT5.jpg

IcyChaos
04-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Whenever they add trade into this game. I think the "group aspect" will be completely destroyed. Why bother trying to run with a group when you can so efficiently run through solo to farm loot?

I would just use an archer or enchanter to grab anything I might need to my warrior and trade it over to him. I hope they balance the classes before adding trade

Cooz
04-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Whenever they add trade into this game. I think the "group aspect" will be completely destroyed. Why bother trying to run with a group when you can so efficiently run through solo to farm loot?

I would just use an archer or enchanter to grab anything I might need to my warrior and trade it over to him. I hope they balance the classes before adding trade

This could be easily addressed by making bosses tougher and giving them the best loot. Maybe only bosses should drop legendary items?

Splurd
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
This could be easily addressed by making bosses tougher and giving them the best loot. Maybe only bosses should drop legendary items?

actually no difference. A lvl 30 can walk past and kill it and then trade loot to lower levels.

But seriously speaking, I dont find this an issue. I highly doubt that a person will spend time on his lvl 30 grinding for lvl 10 items (because it is oh so hard to get the correct item you want) and its far easier to just buy it off someone.

Deathshock
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
actually no difference. A lvl 30 can walk past and kill it and then trade loot to lower levels.

But seriously speaking, I dont find this an issue. I highly doubt that a person will spend time on his lvl 30 grinding for lvl 10 items (because it is oh so hard to get the correct item you want) and its far easier to just buy it off someone.

I spend a lot of time farming forest haven just because I can. Past 100k =)

And its so much slower for me to farm since I'm a tank, I just do it while I'm doing other stuff irl.

Cooz
04-21-2010, 11:29 PM

Actually, if high level bosses would drop awesome (several preferably) loot, I would team up to fight them instead of grinding for gold at lower levels. Now, when bosses never drop anything, I usually kill all the others and just quit and start a new quest.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Actually, if high level bosses would drop awesome (several preferably) loot, I would team up to fight them instead of grinding for gold at lower levels. Now, when bosses never drop anything, I usually kill all the others and just quit and start a new quest.

Gold has no use now, so I find grinding for it somewhat... pointless but I guess your perseverance will pay off in the future when trade comes out and we have an actual economy.