PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends: Neo Mages Episode 6: Anderson Chapter 2: Operations

RushalotPL
04-01-2023, 02:29 AM
Pocket Legends: Neo Mages
Episode 6: Anderson
Chapter 2: Operations

Sh-clack. Chi-chok. Shack.
Yakov: “Talk about Dragunov’s advancement, sergeant.”
He finished loading the eight chambered clip into his rifle. I was still observing the area with my binoculars. The missile was standing alone in the middle of a barren field, albeit surrounded by a forest. Fences were stationed, but it wasn’t the only obstacle we had to encounter. Yakov pulled out a metallic wire cutter. I confirmed with a hand signal.
Andropov: “We’re going in.”
Yakov: “There better not be any mines…”
Clink. Clink. Clink.
There was finally an opening. The remaining squad crawled in their disguises to resemble regular Crimson guards. Igor and I were the last to crawl into the base. Our team huddled up while anxiously clutching their rifles, desperately waiting for another command. I scouted the area once again once everyone was all in.
Andropov: “Two of them. We’ll take them out. Yakov, come with me.”
Yakov: “Couldn’t we have worn our disguises instead, sergeant?”
Andropov: “Less numbers, less attraction. Besides, we don’t have their identification cards.”
Yakov: “Alright, comrades. Y’know the drill when we get in deeper.”
The rest of our troops nodded. I placed the binoculars in the bag and whipped out a bayonet. Those two nobodies won’t matter much to us. I grasped my bayonet tightly as if it was a part of my hand. Both of us pounced on both of the guards.
SHANK! SHANK!
After a couple seconds of muffled groaning, the guards finally lay quiet. Swiping the blood off with my tunic, we both quickly dragged them away before any other guard noticed. We were farther away from our unit this time, but none of us bothered wasting any time. I searched for the guard’s belongings to see if there were any important items for us to bring with us. Few of which were identification cards each.
Andropov: “Good.”
Yakov: “Masks? Talk about convenience, sergeant.”
Andropov: “It’s early spring. Just say you’re lucky.”
I quickly scanned the identification card and the guard’s written codes before blending in with other Crimson guards. Equipping the guard’s submachine gun, we pretended to walk casually. Two other guards with the same ranks as us then approached us. Thank God it wasn’t the agents.
Crimson Guard #1: “Misha, what the hell took you so long?”
Andropov: *wheezes* “Sorry, it's an illness.”
Yakov responded huskily.
Yakov: “I got it from him too…”
Crimson Guard #2: “Tch! Quit slacking off! You’ll get us both killed if the agents see you.”
Andropov: “...”
The guards scowled at us before heading their own way.
Yakov: *mutters* “Imagine if we really did get one....”
Andropov: “Let’s get moving.”
We were now entering the deeper layer of Crimson territory. Spotting two SUA officers that were casually chatting, we made great distance away from them. The countdown facility must be nearby.
Yakov: *whispering* “How long until they find the bodies?”
While speed walking, a group of armed Crimsons rushed through us in a hurry.
Yakov: “Agh, sunniva-”
Andropov: “Don’t pay attention to them. Get to the checkpoint.”
Behind us, more footsteps were approaching. However, these were no ordinary Crimsons.
Yakov: *looks back* “Tch, alrighty then…”
He smirked now we were in a company. Getting closer to the checkpoint with a couple armed SUA agents. A leading agent looked puzzled and pointed at one of the soldiers behind.
SUA Agent: “You, why are you carrying a foreign-”
Bang! Crack! Crack! Crack!
Faint yells erupted a couple yards forward. The SUA agent bolted to the post inside and called the radio. At the moment, my finger laid on the trigger. All the other guards became distracted.
SUA Agent: “Curtain Four, has the wall been-”
PAPAPAPAP! BANG! BANG! BANG! TATATATAT!
What fell down were casings of bullets and the SUA agents. We bursted through the broken window and began advancing. The siren blared continuously.
Radio: “This is not a drill! This is not a drill! The enemy of the state has breached through the base. All personnel must follow their superior’s instructions at once and eliminate any intruders.”
Andropov: “Yakov, cover our rear! We have to make it quick!”
Yakov: “No worries, sergeant! Stay alive!”
I exchanged the submachine gun for one of the corporal’s semi automatic rifles.
Andropov: “I’ll need a team. Four of you, go!”
They nodded in response and followed my directions. As we were getting close, I spotted a hill and slided down with my team. Aiming at our weapons above, we waited for enemy troops to pass by. Another couple of Crimson troops hurried where the shooting began. I resumed sprinting to the side of the hill and just around the corner, there was a guard tower. Peeking above, the sniper had started to fire against our troops that were at the other side. Four of my troops watched all around our flanks. I carefully aimed at the sniper with the iron sights.
BANG! BANG!
The sniper dropped down. We once again sprinted towards the missile facility.
Andropov: A sniper rifle would’ve made the job easier.
After turning around the corner, there was a metallic door. Sneering, I plucked out a pineapple grenade. I heard muffled noises and boots stomping inside.
Andropov: “Wait until they bust out of the open!”
We huddled down and aimed at where the enemy was supposed to come out. The metallic door swung wide. A series of machine gun fire erupted as more Crimsons fell down. I quickly pulled the pin and threw the grenade inside the bunker.
BLAST! I quickly hurried in and started aiming down at the targets below.
BANG!
One guard tried to run away but immediately fell as he got shot.
BANG!
A bullet pierced one’s forehead and spurted out blood.
BANG!
Another guard tried to stop the bleeding in his neck as he slumped down.
BANG! PING! Chik-shlak!
I ran down the stairs including my comrades. One surviving guard desperately tried to pick up his weapon.
TATATAT! The guard fell to his face flat on the ground. It was thanks to one of my troops behind. There was another stairway that led to another room. I looked back at my troops.
Andropov: “Take cover, and do not reveal yourselves until I shoot!”
We toppled desks and other office furniture in order to make a good cover.. Another moment of the day where we would risk our lives killing the enemy to get our objective. Suddenly, the glass pane of the door glowed up with flames. Muffled shrieking erupted, as if flamethrowers had done their duty. BVRAM! The door swung wide open. One Crimson guard engulfed in flames ran out of the door and tumbled down the stairs. He then laid lifelessly as small embers burned around him. Something was wrong. We didn’t bring those types.
Andropov: *whispers* “Get down!”
We laid low and became as small as possible. The squad could tell our enemy above were observing the room. Seconds later, one of the insurgents made a call and seemed to be out of sight. I peeked up. No one was there. Only a dead Crimson guard.
Andropov: Poor bastard. Not even a small paycheck made his life worthy.
I quickly bolted upstairs while others followed my lead.
Andropov: “We’ll take down the missile first. If it falls into the hands of the insurgents, it’ll cost the entire liberation army!”
We passed through several burnt corpses of Crimson soldiers that reeked of burning flesh.

To Be Continued…