PDA

View Full Version : Warning! there is a scammer out..

ArtofWar
09-10-2012, 11:15 AM
first he told me that he wants to buy a red jacket but then in trade he ever said "confirm, confirm.. " but i've don't done it because he never added the money.. after a time he canceled and told me that he is going to scam a jacket so i reported him.. i just added that here that u don't let you scam from him..

Commanderkeen
09-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Please don't call people out on the forums just report them and go on with your day.

ArtofWar
09-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Please don't call people out on the forums just report them and go on with your day.

..one time i reported someone about inappropriate language and he never got banned.. that's why i post it here..

Prestige
09-10-2012, 11:46 AM
You can post pictures, but edit out the name. The message could potentially be out of context and that may have been the reason he or she was not banned. Support has a much greater influence than us anyways.

ArtofWar
09-10-2012, 12:00 PM
tried to remove the pic.. u see what happened....

TYRANTO
09-10-2012, 01:55 PM
y u post pics with players names ??? :upset:

Cephei
09-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Ppl never get banned due reporting...
There is a wellknown scammer: Uatr...
Got reported by many ppl? Yes
Banned? No.

ArtofWar
09-10-2012, 02:11 PM

because i dont knew that i'm not allowed to do this..

ArtofWar
09-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Banned? No.

oh :-/

Zaonabiuibil
09-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Banned? No.

He tried to buy my squid with an account...

morfic
09-10-2012, 03:07 PM

You can post pictures, but edit out the name. The message could potentially be out of context and that may have been the reason he or she was not banned. Support has a much greater influence than us anyways.

He tried to buy my squid with an account...

People who try to scam others need to be called out and plastered for everyone to see in my opinion. So thank you. However, if by request STS devs ask you not to post their names. Feel free to post names/screenshots and slander the heck out of them on the STS fan forums! We welcome and encourage everyone to let us know of any scammers so that we can assure none of our friends get scammed (also so we can troll them).

So head on over to www.stsfanforums.com and put this guy on blast there! :)

Thank you once again for the name.

ArtofWar
09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
People who try to scam others need to be called out and plastered for everyone to see in my opinion. So thank you. However, if by request STS devs ask you not to post their names. Feel free to post names/screenshots and slander the heck out of them on the STS fan forums! We welcome and encourage everyone to let us know of any scammers so that we can assure none of our friends get scammed (also so we can troll them).

So head on over to www.stsfanforums.com and put this guy on blast there! :)

Thank you once again for the name.

yw :)

TsunamiTheClown
09-10-2012, 10:29 PM
+1 to communial harrassment of scammers.

If we don't it will neva stop.

flashbackflip
09-11-2012, 01:46 AM
omg not again

Hellcurse
09-11-2012, 07:16 AM
that person again, kept annoying me with random post in base and couldnt find this person to report

ArtofWar
09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
what the hell?! he still plays!

flashbackflip
09-12-2012, 11:03 AM
what the hell?! he still plays!

Well, the case you presented here is a scam in common sense but it is not against ToS (terms of service)

Everything what is going inside the trade window is legit. It's between you and other player and you are in full control of the situation. Trade window has TWO CONFIRM buttons - so it is kinda scam-proof. It is not fool-proof though so newbies can be tricked into scam but still - they should think TWICE and remember that free cheese is only in the mice-trap

ArtofWar
09-13-2012, 06:52 AM
i know i know.. but he told me that he'll scam someone so sts should stop him!!!!

Deathpunch
09-13-2012, 07:05 AM
i know i know.. but he told me that he'll scam someone so sts should stop him!!!!

Meh, not much they can do right now. Until he actually does something their hands are tied.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

flashbackflip
09-13-2012, 07:41 AM

I feel ya bro!

For such cases our friends and respected community members such as Morfic and BodMaster made stand alone fan forum..

Read my sig and use link from it to report that evil dude) also - provide the link to this thread if u want

Dark side will fail. The Force is strong with us

Zeimer
09-13-2012, 08:09 AM
I feel ya bro!

For such cases our friends and respected community members such as Morfic and BodMaster made stand alone fan forum..

Read my sig and use link from it to report that evil dude) also - provide the link to this thread if u want

Dark side will fail. The Force is strong with us

You know what's my opinion? Why do he scam people? Because STS didn't knew that! The proof is that he can freely saying he'll spamming people and he never, EVER got banned! Other proof is that some people selling their guild and STS never give'em a warning. What do you expected? Try to think like this...
"STS made the rules, but they never give me a warning. So... do I actually can break the rules? OF COURSE I CAN!!!"
The one guilty is... both the scammer (because he didn't follow the ToS) and the STS itself! (because they never banned scammers!)

THEY'RE BOTH GUILTY!!! I don't care if I got banned because I'm saying this! Because that's the truth! I'll never, ever got shaken if I do the right thing!

Scammers... you should know that what you're doing are wrong. You take things other people have search hardly... didn't you feel guilty?

Spacetime Studios... you're the one who made the rules. Didn't you feel angry? I mean, you've take a long time to write ToS, and there are still someone who break it! Also, do you guys forgetting us and busy makikng Arcane Legends? If you're, I suggest you to make a 2 groups of people who make the game and seeing other Legends.

There are no a guilty one... because there are 2 PEOPLE WHO ARE GUILTY!!!!

Deathpunch
09-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Um, STS does ban scammers. When they scam and are reported. These things take time as they need to review the chat logs.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

flashbackflip
09-13-2012, 08:39 AM
What do you expected? Try to think like this...
"STS made the rules, but they never give me a warning. So... do I actually can break the rules? OF COURSE I CAN!!!"
The one guilty is... both the scammer (because he didn't follow the ToS) and the STS itself! (because they never banned scammers!)

Frankly speaking i think that this really should be more of the conscious moral choice of a person than just obeying rulles out of fear

But there is part of truth in yo words young padawan)) some people learn their lessons only when there is someone to give em these lessons..

So i'm reallly glad Morf and Bod made that site so we can reveal the scammers - we can teach them a lesson or two. Though we need to keep the line and do not overuse it. Every case there will be revised and researched before we go troll those dudes

Spacetime Studios... you're the one who made the rules. Didn't you feel angry? I mean, you've take a long time to write ToS, and there are still someone who break it! Also, do you guys forgetting us and busy makikng Arcane Legends? If you're, I suggest you to make a 2 groups of people who make the game and seeing other Legends. !

hahahaha! I feel ya in this case!! You are new here and it's understandable that you raise this question.. But hey! It was raised hundreds of times before)) you can search forums for 'drama' keyword and have fun reading..

The situation now is changing as we all hope - some changes are visible (like weapon contests and Sam or Gibber answering our questions sometimes) but other changes are more of 'under the hood' kind..

Sure global STS startegy seems to be aimed on making new products yearly, but it seems they start to learn how to manage old games too.. So give em a break for now please.. I heard guys are working overtime to get us new cap update as soon as they can

May the Force b with us all - we are like a big symbiotic organism - we feed from content, STS feeds from platinum :D

One love!

Samhayne
09-13-2012, 01:27 PM
No need for threads like this.

Rather, we ask that you please report the behavior to our support team who can investigate. Use /r <player name> or tap the the other player's avatar and use the report button. Include details of what happened to help us know where to start looking into the issue.

Thread closed.