PDA

View Full Version : Redefine keys in chrome version

thugimmortal
09-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I have tried playing pl on PC and I thing the controls are a little awkward so redefining controls seems a good idea or even better using a gamepad

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2

WoundedEagle
09-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Thug :3

Traebeles99
09-10-2012, 08:40 PM
What do u mean? do u mean that because u have to use wasd and not arrow keys or because u have to use mouse to click things.

BEARNASTY
09-10-2012, 09:10 PM
What do u mean? do u mean that because u have to use wasd and not arrow keys or because u have to use mouse to click things.

I think what ur saying is the spot.. if this game running already off keyboard and mouse control why not be able to use the mouse to move (not tap to move) and then the keys sts provides can be used profeciantly ... how can u move wasd and ur using mouse to look around and hit those far right keys lol... don't make sense why even have hot key... something need to be done in that sense.. cause playing on chrome now gives u no situational awareness. excuse the last sentence, u might have it but ur reaction time is gonna be delayed.. and could cause a wipe in pve or death in pvp. But fixing that whole aspect would make chrome and flash players happy..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

lUp3
09-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Agree with the idea. Customization to an extent should be allowed.

Movement is great on the keyboard, for anyone used to PC gaming. Keys for the skills are hard to punch only able to use them with the mouse, causes a little delay. The keys for potions are very far and really hard to spam.

The numpad area could be exploited for skills and health/mana potions if redefinable hotkeys are not possible.

Yich
09-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Not sure its possible to have a hot key set up with 20+ keys that suits everyone... I use wasd and click skills, and I never use potions. Only time I used potions was farming fragx at level 17... For pvp i dont mind the set up, but i miss the arrow keys changing your auto attack.

Jig
09-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Also an idea for the mouse, I think they should make it do when you hold down the click the character moves, of you hold it down and keep the mouse infront It will move with... I have no better explanation sorry ... Got this idea from Diablo 3 ;-)

lUp3
09-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Also an idea for the mouse, I think they should make it do when you hold down the click the character moves, of you hold it down and keep the mouse infront It will move with... I have no better explanation sorry ... Got this idea from Diablo 3 ;-)

I think you mean to say that you place the mouse cursor in front of your character and press and hold the left mouse button. Doing so the character should keep on moving till the button is released, that is its following the mouse cursor. Also while holding the button if one moves the cursor the character still follows it allowing it to change directions aswell.

Would be cool. I feel the maneuverability with WASD is better so I would place more importance on the redefinable keys.

thugimmortal
09-12-2012, 07:28 AM
I'd rather use the arrow keys and mouse to look also use keys like shift and ctrl plus the number pad to use skills potions ect. Using the mouse wheel to toggle through skills u use the most would be good and I still think a gamepad would be awesome It would be like the sony xpira play so it wouldn't be that hard to port

Heavage
09-19-2012, 04:09 AM
I have tried playing pl on PC and I thing the controls are a little awkward so redefining controls seems a good idea or even better using a gamepad

:encouragement:
great idea. i have been thinking the same thing too. (that's probably why i checked out your post)

anyway, i think the best way to do this is to add an OPTION in the OPTIONS menu of the UI.

whereas the standard lay is:

W = forward
A = left
D = right
S = back
Q = pan left
E = pan right
1 = ability 1
2 = ability 2
3 = ability 3
4 = ability 4
ETC...........

personally, i find moving and casting to be clumsy... WASD+12345... my left hand only has 5 fingers. and point/click is very hard on a laptop trackpad.
***also, if i ever accidentally hit the TAB button, i lose all keyboard control (until i click in the margin, then click shield and then click back) - my party could potentially wipe in that instance.

my preferred layout would be arrow keys for movement (and panning with SHIFT and END on this keyboard) - thus left hand is open for casting/potions in the number bar and nearby letters.

the user should be able to open an OPTION UI which would allow him/her to set each command to a key of his/her choice.

Heavage
09-19-2012, 04:21 AM
although, one could buy a device like the n52te and map the keys to it via its program.
i sold my n52te, but i may still have my original n52 somewhere. wonder if i can get it working, if i can find it. :concern: