PDA

View Full Version : suggestion to samhayne

Xettacross
09-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Since samhayne closed the thread earlier called End it. Full stop by miraclebird, I thought I'd post what I was gonna say on that thread right here.

I suggest sts puts a tutorial in the forums and in pl on how to basically use the report system properly. Hell when Sam closed the miraclebirds thread, that's when I found out the little red triangle was the report button for the forums lol. In the forums there should be a how to for just about everything. If there's already one then maybe it should be placed somewhere more noticeable. In pl, maybe the tutorial in the beginning should go a little more in depth on how to "play" the game and how to use the features you have available to you.

These are just my thoughts. I've seen a lot of new players in forest haven who, even after going through the tutorial, have no idea what they're supposed to be doing or how to equip/unequip items and so on and so forth. Again just my thoughts :)

ArtofWar
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM
i normally dont say that but false section :P

WoundedEagle
09-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Since samhayne closed the thread earlier called End it. Full stop by miraclebird, I thought I'd post what I was gonna say on that thread right here.

I suggest sts puts a tutorial in the forums and in pl on how to basically use the report system properly. Hell when Sam closed the miraclebirds thread, that's when I found out the little red triangle was the report button for the forums lol. In the forums there should be a how to for just about everything. If there's already one then maybe it should be placed somewhere more noticeable. In pl, maybe the tutorial in the beginning should go a little more in depth on how to "play" the game and how to use the features you have available to you.

These are just my thoughts. I've seen a lot of new players in forest haven who, even after going through the tutorial, have no idea what they're supposed to be doing or how to equip/unequip items and so on and so forth. Again just my thoughts :)

I completely agree man. +1 :) I've been saying that the tutorial for PL is terrible compared to SL's tutorial for a while; yet nothing has been done about it. The forums are also hard to navigate if you've never used them before. I don't see how a non-forumer would easily get to guides as a regular forumer would.

Urqui
09-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Good idea:)
But any of the forum members can make threads or guides on how to do report, equip items etc etc. If any Dev or mod finds it useful enough, they'll sticky the thread so it's seen by everyone:frog:
You don't have to wait on the devs:p

Samhayne
09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
It is already there... http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?62075-New-around-here-Check-this-thread-out!

Xettacross
09-10-2012, 03:58 PM
It is already there... http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?62075-New-around-here-Check-this-thread-out!
here's the thing though Sam. You can give someone the link on a thread but when someone new to the forums gets started, its difficult for them to navigate the forums like woundedeagle said earlier. I suggest putting the link in a more noticeable place. I don't even know where to find it lol

Xettacross
09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
And one more thing I forgot to add. Some of these threads get buried underneath a mountain of other peoples threads. Maybe a sticky is needed?

pinkdawn
09-10-2012, 04:08 PM
here's the thing though Sam. You can give someone the link on a thread but when someone new to the forums gets started, its difficult for them to navigate the forums like woundedeagle said earlier. I suggest putting the link in a more noticeable place. I don't even know where to find it lol

im new to the forums, at first i didnt know what to do it was confusing to me... im still learning what to do lol.. :confusion:

pinkdawn
09-10-2012, 04:23 PM

but i do agree on that.