PDA

View Full Version : A few grievances about the Archer class...

CombatPastor
09-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I love playing an Archer, don't get me wrong, but I do have a few questions about it.

1) Why does it seem as though Archers get the short end of the stick when it comes to weapon Procs? I've often watched Mages and Bears complete combos they shouldn't be able to, due to weapon procs...I've yet to see Archers with this capability? Perhaps a weapon with Lighting Procs? This would allow Archers to complete a Nature Strike combo solo.

2) Why does Avian Scream have such a short range? Simply expanding the range of this skill from 3m to 6m would go a long way in increasing Archer survivability. I've watched Bears and Mages solo entire dungeons using their respective AoE knockback and/or stun techs. I'm not saying make the range as high as a Bears, but something...

3) Why doesn't Avian Scream, Thorn Root or Repulse Shot affect bosses or mini-bosses? ...this is more a simple inquiry than anything else. Thorn Root, however, would go a LONG way in increasing Archer survivability against bosses. I'd love that skill to actually function against bosses, where it is needed most. All it takes for an Archer to die in a boss battle is to do their job decently. It seems as though aggro follows the highest DPS. If a Bear mistimes a Beckon, Taunt, etc. (or there is no Bear on a team...or the Bear you do have isn't a tank Bear... etc.) the Archer goes down FAST.

4) Why doesn't Dexterity give a bit more dodge than it does? Dexterity typically refers to fine motor skills. I'd think fine motor skills would have more to do with dodging an attack than Strength, yet Strength (if I'm correctly reading guides on the forums) gives a higher modifier to dodge. An small adjustment to this would go a long way in aiding the survivability of Archers. They'd still be the squishy glass cannons we all know and love, but getting one-shotted by bosses on a regular basis gets old.

I really do enjoy this game, and would love to see a little bit of change toward adjusting the balance of the game. Thanks so much for the time taken reading this. :subdued:

Cahaun
09-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Archers seem to be the least of the class chain. They are beaten in dodge and critical, armor, and a few skills that require a bird to get closer. Instant death in Humania and a few other places. I literally couldn't go through it without dying with lvl 65 crafted armor! There was even a bear tanking but the AoE from the mobs one hit all the birds. I just gave up.

CombatPastor
09-10-2012, 04:09 PM
There shouldn't be a highest or lowest on any form of class hierarchy. The classes should all be balanced in playability. I've seen Mages tank like bears (although not as good) without sacrificing much AOE damage, I've seen Bears go DPS without sacrificing much survivability... balance is all I ask.

Traebeles99
09-10-2012, 05:48 PM
OHH gosh u guys have no idea what archers have been through ok 1st in pvp mages destroy birds with drain,fire,light dead, now im talking endgame not lower see if its bird vs bird its about dodge and if u are dex bird then u really just gotta hope to hit for pvp against bears just kite the crap out of them and u will win eventually. For pve yes i do believe that mages and bears are better than birds because they have attacks that affect everyone for birds we only have avian scream doesnt do much and i just call it scream then blast and u get a combo but thing thing is that ur right its not fair that tank mages can sit their an d solo a boss or map when bird has more life and armor and dodge i mean its not normal. when the cap was 56 birds could solo all bosses if the had the talent aka me lol but i agree sry for so much information.

CombatPastor
09-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Truth be told, I don't even mind the concentration on Single-target damage. I just wish they'd give us more tools toward accomplishing this effectively. They essentially neutered one of the classes by leaving out the things I mentioned. It just seems very unbalanced.

CombatPastor
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
I suppose this is an addendum to the grievances I have about my favorite class...

...Any particular reason there are NO pink talons after lvl 55? Seriously?

Yich
09-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I suppose this is an addendum to the grievances I have about my favorite class...

...Any particular reason there are NO pink talons after lvl 55? Seriously?

Angel talon. Nuff said.

CombatPastor
09-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Ok. Here comes the noob question - Where is Angel Talon dropped?

Edit: Searching forums brought about the realization that I'm not getting Angel gear. If I'm not mistaken, you were to have hit the lvl 66 cap, before Humania came out. I didn't start the game until after Humania. Le sigh~