PDA

View Full Version : Smaller device screens: Text overlaps on itself

bronislav84
09-10-2012, 08:28 PM
I play on a My Touch 4G with Android 2.3.4.

So ever since the proc info was added to the loot table for Hark, it overlaps itself instead of displaying properly. The stats and the proc is on top of each other. Please make it scale down or something for smaller screens and fit properly. There seems to only be two lines allocated for the stats and proc and that's not enough.

The same thing happens on some 3d mission ending or starting story info. I don't remember which do it specifically, but some of the story for starting and when exiting the new campaign missions words at the end get cut off a bit. Not all of it shows. The text doesn't fit. Maybe make the box slightly bigger sideways? There's room on the screen, just the box doesn't have enough room it seems.

Carapace
09-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I play on a My Touch 4G with Android 2.3.4.

So ever since the proc info was added to the loot table for Hark, it overlaps itself instead of displaying properly. The stats and the proc is on top of each other. Please make it scale down or something for smaller screens and fit properly. There seems to only be two lines allocated for the stats and proc and that's not enough.

The same thing happens on some 3d mission ending or starting story info. I don't remember which do it specifically, but some of the story for starting and when exiting the new campaign missions words at the end get cut off a bit. Not all of it shows. The text doesn't fit. Maybe make the box slightly bigger sideways? There's room on the screen, just the box doesn't have enough room it seems.

Can you supply a screenshot of the overlap?

bronislav84
09-11-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm sorry Cara, I can't take screens without root. I know it happens on the screen where we can see what drops. The text for the Relics has text on top of itself and some story segments for stages have a word or two cut off.

I can try taking a screen of my screen using my mom's phone then texting the pic to myself, but that's the best I can offer. Sure you need a screenshot?

DexGOD
09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Can you supply a screenshot of the overlap?

Happens to me too, here you go Cara:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9654/screenshot2012091119595.png

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7126/screenshot2012091120000.png

bronislav84
09-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Yup, that's what I see.

While we're here, there is a missing ' in the name of the hammer. Should be one after the G, like the boss name. Could you guys fix that too please?

And could you guys check to make sure the story boxes have enough room for text in them please? Some of the story doesn't fully fit. I know on the end of stage screen (When standing on the glyph,and it says the story for the end of the mission with xp/gold) I've seen some text cutting off on the new campaigns. Forgot which stages, though.

Carapace
09-11-2012, 02:38 PM
thanks guys, I think I have the problem addressed. It should be out as a fix with the next update hopefully before the weekend. I will also appropriately reflect Harg'kyth's name, wouldn't want him coming after me!

Edit: The story text overflowing is a separate and device specific issue, though when I get some time I will try and thin out the larger blocks of text to make it fit nicer.

bronislav84
09-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for both Cara.