PDA

View Full Version : are black dragon sets guna go away

LwMark
09-10-2012, 11:18 PM
After the.new campaign officially comes out and are they guna be turned into vanities for a quest? I heard some stuff an read some stuff, but is there a official yes or anythin like that? Anyone with legit info please explains :)

Cobraguy
09-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Im also curious about this. What I'd also like to know is if they plan on releasing a black pet to go along with the set once its able to be switched for vanity....if indeed this is the case...or if theyre going to just be vanities with no bonus?

Lowlyspy
09-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Who said anything about it being turned into a vanity? Don't count on another vanity or vanity set that affects stats, it's been made quite clear vanities will be what the word defines them as from now on.

LwMark
09-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Who said anything about it being turned into a vanity? Don't count on another vanity or vanity set that affects stats, it's been made quite clear vanities will be what the word defines them as from now on.
Tehnoemail did

The Dragonet has a random chance to drop ichor, and a random chance to drop loot along the way. I'd like to make sure that you are all aware that this quest WILL NOT be available after the level cap raise. The elite quest is VERY difficult, but a very dedicated player can complete it.

This quest may not be for everyone, which is why the boss also drops loot. The dropped loot is tradeable, so folks can farm and auction it off to their hearts delight. The pinks and dark pinks from Fire Forest are Limited Edition. The purple drops also have worthwhile stats.

This dungeon is a preview. Stat's for the Black Dragon armor and helms is comparable to level 71 pinks in the new expansion. Black Dragon items are Limited Edition and tradeable. There is a good chance we'll do a Fallen Prince style turn in for these items after the expansion comes out (a quest to turn in your stat'd items for vanities). Black Dragon gear has better stat's than anything else in game, right now. Level 71s have early access to this tier of items. If you're not up for it, that's OK -getting an exclusive preview of the expansion content was intended to be a

Quote from technoemail

Pakax
09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
gotta love your signature Mark :-)
Yes TEchno email refered to a COP like quest with fallen prince so it may be that the dragons become vanities with potentially set bonuses. nothing is or has been confirmed tho. So it is too early to say.

Techno Email
09-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Yes TEchno email refered to a COP like quest with fallen prince so it may be that the dragons become vanities with potentially set bonuses. nothing is or has been confirmed tho. So it is too early to say.

I may add a Fallen Prince quest for the Black Dragon items, but I can also tell you - Techno rocks to a hardcore beat. I'm not down with adding any more vanity sets with stat bonuses. It is VERY unlikely that IF we add a quest to turn Black Dragon's into vanities, that they would include set bonus stat's. I'd be far more in favor of giving players who collect the whole set an extra visual for collecting the whole set. ;)

Pakax
09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks Techno

I hear what you are saying and I am in no way complaining but I thought the idea of providing 'very very rare' vanity sets with bonuses was a good one. On one hand, it helps peeps who do not have the full COP set until new set comes out and on the other hand, for those who have the full cop set, it enables them to switch their look while getting some decent extra stats as well. I am down with the HC drive tho. Keep it up and thanks for the preview map!

Fncrazy
09-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I may add a Fallen Prince quest for the Black Dragon items, but I can also tell you - Techno rocks to a hardcore beat. I'm not down with adding any more vanity sets with stat bonuses. It is VERY unlikely that IF we add a quest to turn Black Dragon's into vanities, that they would include set bonus stat's. I'd be far more in favor of giving players who collect the whole set an extra visual for collecting the whole set. ;)

What is wrong with stat bonuses? Extra Stats and looks is 2 of the reasons I like this game. I think all vanity sets should give stats. If not there is no reason to ever take off my cop set.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Zeus
09-11-2012, 12:19 PM

Techno, I mean no disrespect, but that is highly unfair to all players who want a chance to compete with sets like CoP sets and dragon sets. It would make sense if STS started with this logic, but now that there are already existing bonus sets, it would only make sense that there should be more bonus sets in the future.

It's not like removing the stats would be an option because that would be a huge slap in the face to the long term players of this game, so I personally think it's too late in the game for vanities to be just vanities.

lUp3
09-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Techno, I mean no disrespect, but that is highly unfair to all players who want a chance to compete with sets like CoP sets and dragon sets. It would make sense if STS started with this logic, but now that there are already existing bonus sets, it would only make sense that there should be more bonus sets in the future.

It's not like removing the stats would be an option because that would be a huge slap in the face to the long term players of this game, so I personally think it's too late in the game for vanities to be just vanities.

My thoughts exactly. Considering the situation, the only viable option is to continue with the vanity set bonus.

The only way to avoid everyone wearing the same thing is to have interchangeable items for the sets. Like the new vanity cap helm should make a set with Fang armor.
Doing so, as different items come up people can mix and match to have different looks.

Drizzid
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Wow, so the quest goes away when the campaign is released? I wish I knew this earlier.

We should, at the very least, be given an accurate release date on the campaign so we can judge whether or not it's even possible to complete this quest. I wasn't scouring the forums when the preview was released; but as far as I can tell there was no reason to suggest that a quest of this magnitude would be under a time limit.

Subscriber
09-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Don't see a problem with vanity sets whatsoever, earned 'em, worked for 'em, played long enough to get them, and yeah if you didn't sorry but, you're out of luck. Grab a dragon vanity set if you really think you need those extra stats.

Stat'd vanities should stay in the game therefore other people will be able to compete with the Elite vanity sets. If you just stop making them have bonuses you'll get more and more complaints about the elite vanity set, just saying.

LwMark
09-11-2012, 01:14 PM

Lmao , im so confuseddddd ! Just tel is yes or no , bedore i make the worat descion of my life

Zeus
09-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Lmao , im so confuseddddd ! Just tel is yes or no , bedore i make the worat descion of my life

She's basically saying, yes, they'll be vanity sets but they will not have stats. They will just sparkle for aesthetic purposes, kinda like why Megan Fox got a nose job. It didn't add stats, she just thought it looked better. ;)

Chopper
09-11-2012, 01:47 PM
She's basically saying, yes, they'll be vanity sets but they will not have stats. They will just sparkle for aesthetic purposes, kinda like why Megan Fox got a nose job. It didn't add stats, she just thought it looked better. ;)

As many of you know, i think taking away the vanity stats is a bad/terrible decision for many reasons, including the fact that it has turned players against each other on the board. But maybe the more apt example is instead of Megan Fox getting a nose job, which still means she is functioning (at whatever level you might want to debate, lol), is that taking away stated vanities is like ordering a pizza, and JUST GETTING THE BOX!

oh, and btw, instead of awesome Elite Vanity bonuses, we are treated to Elite levels that cause you to spent tons of platinum to do a quest run 2000-3000 times for a pink that will be obsolete in a couple weeks. How's that for a trade off? yeah.

Cobraguy
09-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Personally I don't care about the set bonus, I just want to look different than everyone else. I bought a black set because I like the way it looks, same reason I have a gold set. I am looking forward for the black set to be turned into vanities because Id like to wear my Demonic set under this. IMO, it will be the best looking thing on the game.

With that said, this maybe, and if, wishy washy stuff, cost me almost a gold cap last time with the new Humania sets and which one would be craftable. If I lose close to that again, I'm just simply done with the game. No hard feelings, no rage, just done. When a game "stresses" someone out in a sense, its not fun anymore. I know Mark can relate to this, as he was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to decide if he should sell his blue set in order to obtain the black set. That didn't look like he was having any fun to me.

kiitz
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
As many of you know, i think taking away the vanity stats is a bad/terrible decision for many reasons, including the fact that it has turned players against each other on the board. But maybe the more apt example is instead of Megan Fox getting a nose job, which still means she is functioning (at whatever level you might want to debate, lol), is that taking away stated vanities is like ordering a pizza, and JUST GETTING THE BOX!

oh, and btw, instead of awesome Elite Vanity bonuses, we are treated to Elite levels that cause you to spent tons of platinum to do a quest run 2000-3000 times for a pink that will be obsolete in a couple weeks. How's that for a trade off? yeah.

I think you need to attend an analogies 101 class. Just kidding with ya!

On a more serious note, I agree with the above posters that it makes infinite more sense to add MORE vanity bonuses in order to balance everything out. If a decent number of vanity sets have stats and hopefully varied stats to give people options on how they would like to build out their character, everyone will still be on the same playing field.

This is a much better option than either taking away all vanity stats OR just not adding anymore.

LwMark
09-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Personally I don't care about the set bonus, I just want to look different than everyone else. I bought a black set because I like the way it looks, same reason I have a gold set. I am looking forward for the black set to be turned into vanities because Id like to wear my Demonic set under this. IMO, it will be the best looking thing on the game.

With that said, this maybe, and if, wishy washy stuff, cost me almost a gold cap last time with the new Humania sets and which one would be craftable. If I lose close to that again, I'm just simply done with the game. No hard feelings, no rage, just done. When a game "stresses" someone out in a sense, its not fun anymore. I know Mark can relate to this, as he was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to decide if he should sell his blue set in order to obtain the black set. That didn't look like he was having any fun to me.

Idnt care bout bonus as much i care bout.limited edition, i dont wana lose out like i did with cop an soh, was to noob an didnt realize,if i had that set i would careless bout a dragon set, head hurts

Elyseon
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM
So the dragon items will be worthless to people who dont have endless hours of free time to spend on a seemingly infinite loop of motonous runs?

Chopper
09-11-2012, 03:29 PM
So the dragon items will be worthless to people who dont have endless hours of free time to spend on a seemingly infinite loop of motonous runs?

uh, not sure what you are saying but yeah, i guess the Elite quest is only good for BOTs now.

The Cyber Quest was fun in that it had some variety and when doing it, you ended up running along side other players who weren't doing it too on the same maps, making it seem neat that you had a special mission aside from the other players just levelling up. And it had a worthy reward (cool Cyber gear), rather than a pink that will be as obsolete as a Lvl 66 Hula Skirt or Lvl 60 Pilgrim Hat pink in a few weeks.

dudetus
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM

Exactly. A quote from u Techno from WhoIsThis's amazingly in-depth and covering summary of PL and especially PvP.

Just a side-note: We value PVP very much because it's a great way to have fun in PL. It's also an important part of our end-game. It is extremely difficult to know exactly how gear balance will play out when millions of characters are using it. We rely on your feedback to a certain extent. We are most likely to address feedback that is constructive, actionable, concise and reaches consensus. How we address your feedback (especially regarding balance issues) may not be what you expect.

Elite Vanity sets are going to be always present in endgame PvP. U talk whole lotta of balancing endgame PvP which is absolutely a joke at this moment. Are equipment in balance if other guy has extra 15 armor, 5 dodge, 55 health and 1 crit compared to opponent? Not fair and balanced that's for sure.

Elyseon
09-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Idk the loads of dodge do a good job of disreguarding vanity bonuses

LwMark
09-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I am looking forward for the black set to be turned into vanities because Id like to wear my Demonic set under this. IMO, it will be the best looking thing on the game.

yeeeeee and dang Hate i killed that sig so sickkkkkkkk

thecrankybearsam
09-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Exactly. A quote from u Techno from WhoIsThis's amazingly in-depth and covering summary of PL and especially PvP.

Elite Vanity sets are going to be always present in endgame PvP. U talk whole lotta of balancing endgame PvP which is absolutely a joke at this moment. Are equipment in balance if other guy has extra 15 armor, 5 dodge, 55 health and 1 crit compared to opponent? Not fair and balanced that's for sure.

I can never take you seriously with that sig ._. those ducks...

dudetus
09-13-2012, 01:31 PM
I can never take you seriously with that sig ._. those ducks...

My sig is too awesome to remain unnoticed. The only sig that I personally think would be equal with mine is WE's sig made by Donair. I love the colors of it.

Ephesius
09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Dudetus i beat u, and as fir black dragon yea they r being discontued

dudetus
09-13-2012, 05:07 PM

That's called a "wet dream". I'll tell u more about it as u grow up :).

Covert
09-13-2012, 05:15 PM
actually if you didn't give permission it's called molestation :stupid:

That's called a "wet dream". I'll tell u more about it as u grow up :).

Zeus
09-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Just gotta say this, as dudetus noticed in PvP with the dragon dex set I looted & lent him...

Put on a dragon dex set with forgotten bow? OP!!!!

You can literally take out a fully geared vanity set bear in 2-3 hits.

Suentous PO
09-14-2012, 07:11 PM
The orrigional question still remains.

Are the black dragon sets going to be unavailable when the new map comes out?

Energizeric
09-15-2012, 01:14 AM
The orrigional question still remains.

Are the black dragon sets going to be unavailable when the new map comes out?

answer is yes, been confirmed by developer.

Suentous PO
09-15-2012, 01:24 AM
I didn't see that anywhere. I did see that the quest would be gone, but I didn't assume that meant the set would forever be gone. Maybe I'm too litteral.

Edit-
Ok I'm a big boy and can use the search function;
From TE
The legendary and elite gear in Fire Forest is Limited Edition and will no longer be available after the level cap is raised. AHHH!!!! GO! GO! GO!!!!!

Energizeric
09-15-2012, 07:03 PM
TE said the black dragon armor will be discontinued but she's considering making an option to do a quest and have them turned into vanity armor just like the fallen prince quest.

darthdlo
09-16-2012, 08:43 PM
I know I just spent $200 on plat for this set and if I will b worthless when 77-81 cap comes or no vanity stat bonus I will know that was one of the worst money/pl decisions I made and won't make again but there will b New noobs who will do do what I did circle of life lol

Griffinfan
09-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Woah Wait a minute, you all complained about this last update on how the Bear and Mage were WAY op'd in pvp with the skills being able to max at 7. Now your mad that stats aren't going to be in the vanity sets from now on, this seems a little contradicting wouldn't you say?....

Energizeric
09-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Nobody ever said that black dragon items were going to be vanity sets with stats. If you spent $200 on plat because you imagined it, then that's nobody's problem but your own. The black dragon items are regular armor and helm, just like the ones that drop in Humania or anywhere else, except they are lvl71 items. The developer said MAYBE she will make a quest so that players can have them converted to vanities, but never did she or anyone else say they would have bonus stats.

Rushorgtfo
09-22-2012, 02:31 PM
I really hope black dragon vanity will give a bonus...

Rushorgtfo
09-22-2012, 03:30 PM
BUMB: this topic deserves more discussion.

Ogbuehi
09-22-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm just selling them as I get them. Especially if there will be no bonus Stats for getting them all.

LwMark
09-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Nobody ever said that black dragon items were going to be vanity sets with stats. If you spent $200 on plat because you imagined it, then that's nobody's problem but your own. The black dragon items are regular armor and helm, just like the ones that drop in Humania or anywhere else, except they are lvl71 items. The developer said MAYBE she will make a quest so that players can have them converted to vanities, but never did she or anyone else say they would have bonus stats.

She did say if she says somethin 40+ times in a thread , that they will most likely do it, implyin making them vanity quest, no stats though

Rushorgtfo
09-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Black dragon vanity should definitely give a bonus IMO.

Energizeric
09-22-2012, 06:58 PM
She did say if she says somethin 40+ times in a thread , that they will most likely do it, implyin making them vanity quest, no stats though

Yes, it is likely she will offer the quest. Then the next question becomes should I convert mine to vanity or not?? Maybe everyone converts theirs to vanities and the original regular ones become worth more $$. Once you convert, you can't go back.

I'm thinking those who have the dex ones will not want to convert since the dex costs more. And if you are going to convert, might as well have the cheapest one since once they are vanity it doesn't matter which one you had (dex, str, int), they will all be the same.

LwMark
09-22-2012, 07:24 PM
im not converting mine till i cap, maybe it will help me instead of buying new gear, itll save me money, then once i cap ill turn to vanity

Energizeric
09-22-2012, 10:25 PM
im not converting mine till i cap, maybe it will help me instead of buying new gear, itll save me money, then once i cap ill turn to vanity

Sounds like a good plan.

Multibird
09-23-2012, 02:08 PM
First of all, there should be bonus stats and glow for max cap vanities, like it has been before for lvl 56,61, and 66. Furthermore it should stay the same for upcoming cap lvl sets like 71,76, and 81 they all should have a similar or higher rate effect.

Secondly I believe there should be bonus stats and glow for the lvl 71 black dragon set. It should have a glow and it should give us bonus stats.
In order for it too glow STS should release a black dragon pet to go along with the set in order to glow, just like they did for the golden, red, and green dragon set.
When the new cap is released (lvl 76) they need to remove the elite quest and therefore no one is allowed to farm for the black dragon set ever again, since its elite.
The difference between lvl 60 dragon set and elite black dragon set should be that you are still able to farm for lvl 60 dragon set, but not for the black elite set, the elite set should be a vanity that is never ever to be found again, except by trading or selling. OR change it into a vanity like the cap vanity.

THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY, PLEASE COMMENT!!!!