PDA

View Full Version : Interesting facts

Battlegrinder
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
While doing research for my novelization of Star Legends, I've stumbled upon a number of interesting little factoids and information. Most of it doesn't pertain to the game, but few bits do. I've decided to post what I've discovered here, because a lot of it is very interesting stuff, but won't be known to the average person. And knowing is half the battle.

1. Dr. McCreary, the final boss of Dynastar Labs shares his name with Bear McCreary, the music composer for Battlestar Galactica (reimagining), Caprica, Eureka, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Human Target, The Walking Dead and The Cape (man, I wish they hadn't cancelled that one. I loved that show).

2. The Riot Shield vanity item that you can sometimes buy is not actually a riot shield. Riot shields are small, light weight shields intended to protect against thrown objects, melee attacks, and similar threats. They are not intended to be used to block gunfire. The type of shield that does that is a thick, heavy metal shield called a ballistic shield. They are sometimes mounted on wheels for greater mobility, and are frequently equipped with front-mounted lights.

3. The Cookie Cutter shark has damaged the sonar systems of US submarines by biting through the neoprene rubber parts that were components of the system. The subs later had fiberglass domes installed around the rubber to prevent damage.

4. If a creature where to have both an endo and exo skeleton, it would lose flexibility, but be far more resilient.

5. Many chemistry solvents are highly flammable, and can be explosive if they are allowed to vaporize and disperse throughout a room.

6. On a US Navy vessel, weapon systems are managed and fired from the fire control center, information is gathered and interperted by the combat information center, while the bridge is used solely for navigator, steering, and issuing orders to the rest of the ship.

Additional information will be posted here as I discover it.

Slant
09-12-2012, 01:56 PM
yeah. the flamethrowers were predicted waaay back in rockfall caves level 1, read the log on the first right
think the elix descriptions changed across the patches and one of them could actually bend spacetime

Cahaun
09-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Nice info finds!