PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone Announcement! Bring your civil fanboyism!

Pages : 1 [2]

HunterSLAYER
09-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Can a dev/mod just close this thread already?
Sick and tired of "some" ppl posting info about xxxx phone is better than zzzz phone when they know zilch about tech.

And anyone who quotes from Facebook("reliable", indeed.)is an idiot.
That's what Cnet, The Verge and gsmarena are for. =.="'

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Jig
09-25-2012, 08:09 AM
No worries. All I've said here is iPhone used to be or once was a leading device. But to release something as poor as iPhone5 and expect to stay leading they have another thing coming.

HTC/Samsung already have better devices than this, including specs. Give it 6 months and they will not only be leading but close to quadruple the specs or further by the time Apple release iPhone5s or 6 we are talking 1-2 years time, an by then they will be falling behind even more than they are today.

Apple had a few things that were worth having one other companies have caught on an improved these now the margin can no longer be seen.

iDoubt they will be the next best "Gaming Device" until they catch up. (If they can that is)

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonevscompetitors/tp/Iphone-Or-Android-which-to-buy.htm

Btw by the lack of why iPhones aren't doing so good anymore is might because Steve jobs is gone. He was a very Pushy man >:| and as I said before silly thing this is one thing and only il say now if they can check your diabetes level from a mobile phone, what else could they do in the future? Not all about the speed speed speed I'm sure apple can keep up with that later on we never know maybe android will take the lead and keep it it's yet to see apple has a fighting chance but for now! Enjoy what you like if you dot like then show it up the sellers a** :D

BodMaster
09-25-2012, 08:20 AM
The OP was about iPhone5 being the "Best" gaming phone/device.

Ofc spec's matter. Its like saying Specs on a PC/Laptop don't matter when trying to play newly released games.

HunterSLAYER
09-25-2012, 08:48 AM
No worries. All I've said here is iPhone used to be or once was a leading device. But to release something as poor as iPhone5 and expect to stay leading they have another thing coming.

HTC/Samsung already have better devices than this, including specs. Give it 6 months and they will not only be leading but close to quadruple the specs or further by the time Apple release iPhone5s or 6 we are talking 1-2 years time, an by then they will be falling behind even more than they are today.

Apple had a few things that were worth having one other companies have caught on an improved these now the margin can no longer be seen.

iDoubt they will be the next best "Gaming Device" until they catch up. (If they can that is)

@Bod-The Lg Optimus G is probably the only phone so far that can beat the iPhone 5 in terms of performance(It beat the SGS III in most benchmarks and by huge margins.)

Remember the iPhone lost to Sgs III in some benchmarks but the only area it managed to beat the S III by a huge margin is in Webpage loading speeds =.="'

Well, once ppl get their hands on the Lg Optimus G things will change. Definitely.

Also,the iOS 6 maps application is broken and Connecting to WIFI encrypted with WPA 2 PSK is a real pain.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

BodMaster
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Yup I have seen the bench marks, but for "gaming" half of them do not make a diff.

Especially taking a year into consideration. 3-6 months or less.

SGIII was reaching the "old" stage after this is released. (In phone terms)

Slant
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
in laptops the games can be scaled to whatever specs the device has, the situation is not the same for phones, because the developers are paralyzed by the specs of older generation devices, the least specced active model in the ecosystem, not recently released cutting edge device
so in effect, the 3 year old iphone 3GS is deciding the minimum system requirements, not any 3 year old droid, because not too many of those will get jellybean, 3 years from now it's very likely that the standards will move on to the shift from iphone7 to iphone8, that's when the specs of the iphone5 will matter most, not now

BodMaster
09-25-2012, 05:54 PM
If we are talking about sts or games alike yes. But not games pushing the devices full potential, what I like my device to be able to do and what I use it for.

KingFu
09-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Heh...May be a little late hearing about this, but it really proves the new charger is almost purely for profit.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Dont-expect-any-cheap-3rd-party-iOS-Lightning-cables_id34864

shadow90
09-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Drop Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=6M5q5TRuAsY
Apple iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy SIII Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8qdhq3BrEY&list=UUwiIs5V6-zX8xaYgwhRhsHQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Ardon
09-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Let me get some bias reviews and test all flagship phones.

Wait, never mind. I don't care.

Seriously, how the hell is this still open?

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Heh...May be a little late hearing about this, but it really proves the new charger is almost purely for profit.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Dont-expect-any-cheap-3rd-party-iOS-Lightning-cables_id34864

Nice find. Would have guessed so.

RedStapler
09-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Annnd...

Thread closed.

Thanks for the engagement, you guys.