PDA

View Full Version : why bother making high level trash items?

Fusionstrike
09-12-2012, 05:01 PM
I just have to ask the question: Why do high level trash items exist? If you're playing in Humania or the Blacksmoke Mountain preview, you end up with an inventory full of gray/orange/green items. Why? Has anyone in the history of PL ever equipped a L70 green? They apparently exist just to fill up inventory slots so you have to go annoyingly sell them all one by one in the middle of your runs. Why not just eliminate these items altogether? They're a waste of the effort invested to create them and the time of the players who have to sell them off.

Bless
09-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Thats one pf the reasons how a lot of gold exists :o

Plaguemaw
09-12-2012, 05:07 PM
How about a clear all option? On my farmer toons I don't carry anything that I won't liquidate, and it could ask if your sure 2 or 3 times, then get a full inventory dump.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Energizeric
09-12-2012, 05:24 PM
I used a lvl71 green shard for a couple of hours until I found a purple one. Plus some folks are using the lvl71 forgotten orange and green items that are discontinued. I'm pretty sure there have been no greys or whites since alien oasis. Even in the sewers I think orange is the lowest.

Chopper
09-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I agree.

It's not like these items are completely useless, but the players who are Lvl 70, Lvl 71 are already using better gear, especially end game characters, so these items are pretty much a bread and butter gold-maker instead. What i find funny are people trying to sell off these items for several grand each. No top level player is going to need them so i wonder what they are thinking there's any sort of market for them?

LwMark
09-12-2012, 05:52 PM
How hard is it to just delete your inventory one by one, these help people gather money without merchin or buyin wih plat, and somepeople arent wealthy like others an honestly only can equip these, i remember wearin oranges an greens, i dont see a big deal with it IMO

Energizeric
09-12-2012, 05:59 PM
No top level player is going to need them so i wonder what they are thinking there's any sort of market for them?

What if I told you that right now there is a green item that gives you higher dps than any pink item available? LOL

Whirlzap
09-12-2012, 06:08 PM
What if I told you that right now there is a green item that gives you higher dps than any pink item available? LOL
DPS doesn't mean anything though...
Plus I believe a Pink Dagger can still provide more DPS than the Forgotten weapons.

Chopper
09-12-2012, 06:10 PM

I'd believe you, but with armour effects, high DPS, low dmg weapons are much less useful overall than high dmg items that also boost your skill damages too.

Kaytar
09-12-2012, 06:14 PM
How would we reroll for pinks if purples didn't exist?
and if trash didn't exist, then would pinks drop 100%?

Energizeric
09-12-2012, 06:21 PM
I'd believe you, but with armour effects, high DPS, low dmg weapons are much less useful overall than high dmg items that also boost your skill damages too.

Depends on what you use them for. Do you ever farm lower levels? I do. I frequently farm the sewers and ssc, so high dps is perfect for those places as the mobs and even the bosses have very low armor. So these items do have some use. I'm not saying you should use them to beat the mystery mash boss, but they do have their uses.

Also, when you are on elixer and dmg is doubled or tripled, then the high dps/low dmg weapons become high dps/high dmg weapons as the boss's armor is not doubled/tripled. Try using a dagger on an elixer sometime. You will chop down even the highest level bosses in a hurry much faster than if you use a high dmg much slower weapon.

Mage till the end
09-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Everybody has a time when the had to equip trash stuff. But as you sell excess you pile up gold and then one by one buy pinks

thecrankybearsam
09-12-2012, 06:37 PM
theyre here to piss you off

Astrocat
09-12-2012, 06:42 PM
For people that doesn't have a certain amount of gold to purchase better ones. And to make some loot to to delete and make some coins.

springtime
09-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Main use is money....

springtime
09-12-2012, 06:45 PM
If all of those beggars would do runs and quick sale the crap I would stop getting harassed.

Mennddoza
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I know I'm pretty much just repeating what some people already have, but this is maybe the number one way most players make gold in this game. Not everyone understands the concept of being a merchant, or is not high enough level to farm rares. It truly does not take long to liquidate 200 items...

thecrankybearsam
09-12-2012, 06:50 PM
If all of those beggars would do runs and quick sale the crap I would stop getting harassed.

yes, I'd love to see the day when newbies stopped begging you for items and gold
"Hey bro....it's called joining a game and earning it yourself"

Patricks
09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
They do this so u spend plat on inventory slots. Sewers was best cuz only mini bosses and bosses dropped items. Maybe they saw a reduction in inv slot purchases when sewer was endgame and decided against it for future releases.

Fusionstrike
09-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Here are other things that could be done that would waste less time if their only use is to make gold:

- Have a "sell all" button to clean out inventory in a single action
- Have a setting to auto-liquidate items at or below a certain type, e.g. auto-sell all green and below
- Eliminate the trash drops altogether and just award the equivalent amount of gold

Gold is the only possible purpose these items could have, and any of the ideas above would provide a better gaming experience. If you're L71 and you find yourself using an orange or green item, you're doing it wrong.

Yich
09-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Everybody has a time when the had to equip trash stuff. But as you sell excess you pile up gold and then one by one buy pinks

This is a lie. I started with 15 artisan, a pink sbl lvl 15 and the best 17 green helmet. Eventually I got a ring and a real helm.

trunzoc
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Here are other things that could be done that would waste less time if their only use is to make gold:

- Have a "sell all" button to clean out inventory in a single action
- Have a setting to auto-liquidate items at or below a certain type, e.g. auto-sell all green and below
- Eliminate the trash drops altogether and just award the equivalent amount of gold

Gold is the only possible purpose these items could have, and any of the ideas above would provide a better gaming experience. If you're L71 and you find yourself using an orange or green item, you're doing it wrong.

Doing it wrong? really? Because right now I am clearing Fire Forest with a GREEN bow that I can guarantee you has the absolute highest ranged damage available to a warbird at lvl 71.

As to the original poster... Up until Humania, I was very unlucky with pink drops. Getting trash drops was really the only way I made money to buy gear at Nuri,s and Fang. I got lucky in humania, but spent most of the money I did get from pinks to buy other stuff. In a dry spell again for drops but the money is coming in pretty quickly with the amount of trash drops I get in Fire Forest. Not to mention that some of the purple Fire Forest weapons are pretty nice.

Ephesius
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Doing it wrong? really? Because right now I am clearing Fire Forest with a GREEN bow that I can guarantee you has the absolute highest ranged damage available to a warbird at lvl 71.

As to the original poster... Up until Humania, I was very unlucky with pink drops. Getting trash drops was really the only way I made money to buy gear at Nuri,s and Fang. I got lucky in humania, but spent most of the money I did get from pinks to buy other stuff. In a dry spell again for drops but the money is coming in pretty quickly with the amount of trash drops I get in Fire Forest. Not to mention that some of the purple Fire Forest weapons are pretty nice.

Are you trolling? Humania pinks are not lucky to get they are very frequent. 5 pinke in 7 runs and i dont play that much humania

Cobraguy
09-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I like the junk drops because they pretty much pay for my gold elixirs.

Fusionstrike
09-13-2012, 04:28 PM

Pretty much every response to my post has been "but the money is good" which completely misses what I said. I said the system would be better if you just got the money directly rather than having to go through clicking one at a time to sell them off. I'm not suggesting doing away with the money, but rather the time-consuming sell process. Of course you're going to sell the items since they're worthless for any other purpose, so why make us click through them all one by one?

And I don't consider the purples to be junk. They are legit gear people can actually use, not to mention being the cornerstone of rerolls for luck elixirs, so we do still need them. But there's no reason to have the junk items; just give us the money directly.

Darkven
09-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Loots are quite useful to me as they give me quite alot for a bunch of rubbish...but seriously it will just take a minute to clear up ur inventory unless u have alot of inventory slots and all of it is full of those things...

trunzoc
09-14-2012, 09:34 AM
At this point, I'd agree with you about money instead of trash drops. In the past, they served a purpose. Sewer I guess was the most pronounced. There were several Green/Orange sets that were actually better at certain things than the pink sets. That's fallen to the wayside now as far as full expansions are concerned.

But to be honest, even in Fire Forest, the trash items are usefull. Granted, I didn't use it for a long time before I got a purple one, but the green shards are way stronger than an other end game dagger.

I usually usually only carry 1 helm/armor/shield, and maybe 4 or 5 weapons, so I usually have a lot of space to fill up with trash I don't mind the liquidation process as it tends to take a matter of seconds to clear many items. It WOULD be nice to just get the gold, but the items do serve a purpose.

trunzoc
09-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Are you trolling? Humania pinks are not lucky to get they are very frequent. 5 pinke in 7 runs and i dont play that much humania

I don't use elixers, which you have noted repeatedly that you do. Not saying it's wrong or right, just that it makes a huge difference on drops.

Btw, nice input, and great job staying on topic. trollbaby

chau
09-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Depends on what you use them for. Do you ever farm lower levels? I do. I frequently farm the sewers and ssc, so high dps is perfect for those places as the mobs and even the bosses have very low armor. So these items do have some use. I'm not saying you should use them to beat the mystery mash boss, but they do have their uses.

Also, when you are on elixer and dmg is doubled or tripled, then the high dps/low dmg weapons become high dps/high dmg weapons as the boss's armor is not doubled/tripled. Try using a dagger on an elixer sometime. You will chop down even the highest level bosses in a hurry much faster than if you use a high dmg much slower weapon.

Thats what u think, and what i used to think, but elix effects your actual dammge on a given mob, not base damge