PDA

View Full Version : Weird Pvp Power

airslash
09-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey guys, so I was playing pvp when all the sudden.. I felt like I could take on anyone! I went and pvped and beat mages, birds, bears, with sets and stuff(This is not meant to brag, i just want some opinions)... This mad rush of power lasted 10 minutes..Then for a while I just began to go to my normal pvp state. Is it just me? Or sometimes do you guys feel like you are invincible for a short period of time? NOTE: this thread is not meant to brag, mock, or say that i am pro at pvp!!!

ThePvpTwink
09-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Against weaker oppponents might feel this way .-.

WarTornBird
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
There's some days where I feel godly and some days where nothin I do ever goes right. And I know all near 12k of kills on my twinks have not been against weaker opponents. Depends on your streak of luck, not so much your enemies are noobs.

ThePvpTwink
09-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Luck = the oh so common "messed up" or "lag" problem.

Yich
09-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Messing up and lagging are both solvable problems, therefore invalid excuses. "i pressed the wrong button", solution: pvp more and get more experienced. "im lagging", having a bad device/bad connection is like having bad gear. Its not anyone elses fault but your own. Serious pvpers not only have the best gear, but the best devices as well.

Walkhardd
09-12-2012, 10:39 PM
That's the problem I have to live with 24/7.

KingFu
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
That happened once with me on my 61 too, those shadow twinks put up a good fight.

Whirlzap
09-13-2012, 06:42 PM
That happened once with me on my 61 too, those shadow twinks put up a good fight.
Shadow twinks?
Wachu talking bout bro?
My 61 went against those Alien Staff of Fate mages.

brodiniozo
09-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Lucky Americans with ping below 200

KingFu
09-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Lucky Americans with ping below 200

Not me. AT&T is horrible. 248 is the lowest my ping goes, if anyone else is doing ANYTHING that uses internet, I spike like crazy.

FluffNStuff
09-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Pvp is plus/minus five levels. You just fought the minus. Feels good, doesn't it?

airslash
09-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I know the range for pvp is 5 fluffy.. I have been pvping for a while.. and no it wasn't the lower lvls.. bro im lvl 70 ;D lvl 65s-67s tend to not join lvl 70 games.

KingFu
09-13-2012, 09:31 PM
I know the range for pvp is 5 fluffy.. I have been pvping for a while.. and no it wasn't the lower lvls.. bro im lvl 70 ;D lvl 65s-67s tend to not join lvl 70 games.

And level 70s tend to join 65-67 games.

XghostzX
09-13-2012, 09:47 PM
The connection level difference from my Iphone to my Ipad is huge. Everything game-related for PL just runs 10x faster and smoother on the Ipad.

airslash
09-13-2012, 09:52 PM
And level 70s tend to join 65-67 games.

:/ when I said about feeling powerful for a short amount of time.. I meant against lvl 70s too..I guess connection plays a critical role in pvp, but im not sure you guys get what im saying ;/

Zeus
09-13-2012, 09:54 PM
The connection level difference from my Iphone to my Ipad is huge. Everything game-related for PL just runs 10x faster and smoother on the Ipad.

Processing speed is the answer.

Notice how your iPad has about 100 lower ping? :p

Blind
09-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Messing up and lagging are both solvable problems, therefore invalid excuses. "i pressed the wrong button", solution: pvp more and get more experienced. "im lagging", having a bad device/bad connection is like having bad gear. Its not anyone elses fault but your own. Serious pvpers not only have the best gear, but the best devices as well.
Why are you so bitter, just cause you have a good device and i assume live USA and have a good ping does not mean you should call this a solvable problem and that everyone should shut up about it.

People can complain if you are at a big disadvantage, nothing is gonna change for you right, you can just keep killing them.

I personally play on a slow ipod with 450-900 ping and since the day i started, which is long time ago, i've never had green ping, not even once.

I've been an endgame ctfer for quite some time and having bad device/ping is a real discouragement, e.g i can't possibly feel range cause it's false on the screen, and if i'm 3 metres ahead of someone and we both chasing for a flag they r gonna get it not me. Etc.etc. though i learnt to anticipate the lag and know when i should move away and know when something is happening on someone else's screen but not on mine.

But trust me, i'm not gonna go buy a new device, decline the internet contract, pay few hunder bucks fine, get better internet, or move to USA if it doesn't help me.

Show some compassion for people who might be much more skilled and experienced than you but are at a disadvantage.

EDIT: back totopic, i do have some weird sense of power when i team up with cloakker

XghostzX
09-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Processing speed is the answer.

Notice how your iPad has about 100 lower ping? :p

Not even just ping itself, the ping on the Iphone looks about the same, but I can cast spells much more quickly than I can on an Ipad. I get feedback quicker also.