PDA

View Full Version : Gold Cap limit

Pakax
09-13-2012, 08:19 AM
First, apologies if this has been posted before but I scrolled two pages and didn't find anything. So I thought I might as well post a new one. Please feel free to trol and direct this to the old thread if required. (and close/necro it)

More and more items in game cost more than the current gold cap at 9,999,999. More and more players have more than that gold cap at their disposal as well.

For the sake of simplicity, it would be extremely helpful to extend the limit to 99 or even 999 mil.

I understand that there may be technical intricacies that are hard to overcome but this would facilitate a lot of things in game. In particular, the need to move money around between toons, expensive acquisitions or sales, etc.

Many thanks
Pak

Dalinuel
09-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Or increase drop rate of said items to bring the prices down cause the average player doesn't have gold cap or a million to spend on the latest trend of items

Yich
09-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I prefer extended gold cap. Who wants everything to be cheap? I guess some do, But I dont. I can appreciate an oober rare item. The only people who want all items to be easier to get just dont farm enough to get it the hard way. I dont even farm, but I am glad certain items are hard to get ahold of.

Energizeric
09-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Or increase drop rate of said items to bring the prices down cause the average player doesn't have gold cap or a million to spend on the latest trend of items

The result of this would be for me to lose interest in the game. Once I can afford to buy everything there is, there's nothing more for me to work towards and I will have to find another game to play.

I agree that gold cap should be increased to 99m.

Pakax
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
agreed. increasing drop rate is just a bad idea.

The result of this would be for me to lose interest in the game. Once I can afford to buy everything there is, there's nothing more for me to work towards and I will have to find another game to play.

Entertaining
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Ever heard of pvp?

ZHEOTARE
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I might agree with this idea, they wont do this IMO. This would then put a stop to people having to buy extra character slots just to hold gold.

Energizeric
09-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't think they make that much money on people buying extra character slots. Very few players have more gold than can fit in the few characters you are allowed in one account before you have to pay for more. Techno said a couple of months ago that she thought raising the gold cap was a good idea but may require a big overhaul of the programming.

Yich
09-18-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't think they make that much money on people buying extra character slots. Very few players have more gold than can fit in the few characters you are allowed in one account before you have to pay for more. Techno said a couple of months ago that she thought raising the gold cap was a good idea but may require a big overhaul of the programming.

You havent made a new account recently, they only give you 1 character to start with these days.

Whirlzap
09-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Make gold cap 99M or something...999M would just cause even more mis-listings.
I mean, listing for 9,999,999 and 99,999,999 would be a huge difference.

I also believe increasing gold cap pretty much allows for items to fluctuate.
Having a 10mil gold cap makes items be priced less.

Phoenixking
09-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Ever heard of pvp?
Endgame is populated with dodge luck now. You win if you dodge more. If your a Mage, you win if drain and anything else hits before you die

Prepare
09-18-2012, 08:13 PM
If you're a Phoenix, u one hit everything, 100% dodge