PDA

View Full Version : Which Weapons do AoE damage, and how can you tell?

e5c4p3artist
09-14-2012, 03:08 PM
So apparently the Napalm Carbines do AoE damage, correct? And do all weapons that end in the word "cannon" do AoE damage as well?

Which weapons do AoE damage, and how can you tell? I have not seen any weapon with an in-game description that says it does.

Zaonabiuibil
09-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Commandos are mainly the AoE class, so if you see a weapon only usable by commandos you can bet it's an AoE cannon. Yes Napalms also do AoE damage. As to how you can tell, if it isn't a commando cannon, you just have to test it for yourself. ;)

e5c4p3artist
09-14-2012, 03:39 PM
For 2 plat I bought a Veteran's Pirate Cannon. And it does not appear to be doing AoE damage, even though it is Commando specific.

Deathpunch
09-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Com cannons, flamethrower, pulse rifle, and napalm carbine are the only ones I know of that are AoE.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

BodMaster
09-14-2012, 03:52 PM
For 2 plat I bought a Veteran's Pirate Cannon. And it does not appear to be doing AoE damage, even though it is Commando specific.

1h/arm blaster. Cannon in the name isn't the most important thing to concentrate on, you are better off looking to see if it is a 2h weapon, and has the cannon/heavy weapon icon;

A pretty good guide can be found here for the basics though; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67618-The-Complete-Commando-Guide

akfury
09-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Umm zao said all there is lol ... But yeah flame thrower, napalm carbines, and the commando class specific canons ...

e5c4p3artist
09-14-2012, 04:14 PM
How do you get the Flame Thrower?

Battlegrinder
09-14-2012, 04:41 PM
I was not aware that napalm carbine did AoE damage. I'll have to update the guide for that. Thanks!

the best way to test if a weapon does AoE is to go down the Dynastar labs and find a section with a few guards standing next to one another. Shoot one, and if both die or take damage, its an AoE weapon.

Battlegrinder
09-14-2012, 04:54 PM
How do you get the Flame Thrower?

You had to buy one during the hive event. I do not believe they are still purchasable. Besides, they are out-performed by the Napalm carbines.

flashbackflip
09-14-2012, 05:34 PM
If to look deeper into the issue i really wish STS would do more detailed descriptions. With perks noted

Cahaun
09-17-2012, 06:59 PM
If to look deeper into the issue i really wish STS would do more detailed descriptions. With perks noted
If you think of it, Dark Legends already incorporated this feature not too long ago. It shows a little 'i' that you can click and pops up a little dialogue box that shows a detailed description on it.

SkillFullGamer
09-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Napalm braaaahhh xD!