PDA

View Full Version : Classes lets all get along, Kumbaya..

IcyChaos
04-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I am one of the original bear warriors. I always played warrior on all those MMORPG's. Used to be very boring, press 1 button and wait for everyone to kill it, move to next target. WOW or was it EQ? changed the game by adding spells to warriors. I mean "skills". Terrific, now the warrior is a fun class to play. Stress free? not for me. I actually prefer to excel in my duties and try to prevent my team from dying, using too many potions, being attacked too much, wasting time etc.
Warrior in most MMORPG's are the basis of what groups are built on, and can create an effective, efficient dungeon run, or a so so/disaster run.
They are the drummer of the band, the heartbeat.
In Pocket legends, I don't feel they are necessary for the group.
Archers and enchanters can solo anything easily, and can manage large groups of enemies by rooting or freezing them or handle close to the same amount of mob hits as warriors.
I don't want to be selfish. As a warrior, I do not want to be able to kill anything alone.
I want to be able to handle mob damage and keep agro on me, but need an archer or caster to kill the mobs.
Shouldn't the archers and enchanters feel the same way and want a warrior to keep the mobs off of them? Or be helpful enough to make running a dungeon 2-3X's more efficient then a tank-less group?

Instead of tossing a nerf here, or a boost here due to people complaining about one class soloing better than another, lets correct the balancing issues on the basis of a group game.
Thoughts??

Shebee
04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
This is what I've been addressing in each of my topics.
While I don't agree the warrior being the "heartbeat" of a group, I do agree that the game is currently only focused on DPS, who has the highest dps, is the best and preferred.
You might want to take a look at my topic at the suggestion forum, theres a bunch of debating and ideas also covering how classes should be balanced, maybe we share the same thoughts.

KronicDecay
04-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I beg to differ on how an enchantress can solo a level easily, even with the upgraded damage to staves I can't stand a chance in the lost expedition soloing, maybe due to be being a buffer,healer but still almost impossible to solo a level without either using a hundred potions or taking an hour per level

edit : I left out that I do agree that a warrior tank should be needed in every group to take the aggro, if i don't have my mana shield up and do a few heals without a tank I'm as good as dead

Shebee
04-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Try out going full dex or full str or the 95 str thing...

KronicDecay
04-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Then I lose most of my mana, I have no problems hitting mobs at full int. Just my spec of only having two aoe spells and everything else for healing or buffing makes me more of a support class