PDA

View Full Version : Does it run smoothly? Nexus 7 by ASUS 16GB Tablet

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-16-2012, 01:27 PM
OK guys, so my birthday is this friday, the 21, and i would like to know if the Nexus 7 by ASUS is a good tablet and if it play the legends games smoothly? Would you reccomend this device? Thanks!
-LvlCap

WoundedEagle
09-16-2012, 01:32 PM
I really want to know too because I'm having to decide between Nexus 7 and iPhone 5.

Otukura
09-16-2012, 01:33 PM
yes

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Lol wounded just saw you in game ( imsocheeky ) and it does run smoothly? Woynded id go with the nexus 7

WoundedEagle
09-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Lol wounded just saw you in game ( imsocheeky ) and it does run smoothly? Woynded id go with the nexus 7

Already have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4. iPhone seems more out of date.

Deathpunch
09-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes, it runs fine. In my, and many a professional reviewers, opinion, the N7 is the best bang for your buck out there. Bear in mind, though, that the largest version has 16gb of storage. No SD card. Some of that is offset by the fact that you can utilize cloud storage, like I do, for your music and pictures, but if you're one who insists on having every movie you own on your device you'll be disappointed. That is unless you root, amazingly simple on a Nexus device, and install stickmount for the play store. Then all you need is a USB to micro USB cord and a flash drive for virtually unlimited storage.

-----
Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Thats great, wounded so what one are you getting??? Im gunna get the nexus 7

Deatharcherr
09-16-2012, 02:24 PM
i will buy it soon too :-D

WoundedEagle
09-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Thats great, wounded so what one are you getting??? Im gunna get the nexus 7

I think I'll just save up and get both :) I agree on getting Nexus 7 though. The only faults are its bezel and storage; but that's it.

Cobraguy
09-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I would highly reccomend one. Ive tried it out and was impressed. I play on a tablet with half the specs and im happy with it. Whats not to like about a quad core Tegra3 processor device? I plan on picking one up myself in the next month or two to replace my current tablet.

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Yayyy everybody is getting a Nexus 7 with me :D

saool
09-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Get it!
It's, IMO well worth it. The games run great too! Really smooth, and honestly for me 16 gigs is enough. I usually don't download many games pocket legend is probably the first game I haven't deleted in less than a few days. But anyways yes the tablet is awesome.

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Good, i think thats what i am going to get i think.

BodMaster
09-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Have an N7 too, runs all games I have played perfectly (: (My first tablet too)

Only issues I have run into, Is JellyBean is a little more advanced that some game engines can handle until updates. (Should be okay very soon though)

And runs HTML5 meaning Flash is redundant and unusable, unless what you are trying to stream/watch has the capabilities. (Again a near future thing)

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Sweet!

maiohwmai
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I got mine just after release and I love it.

I find PL has a tendency to crash but only when I'm typing (specifically, filling in fields of the "Join Game" window). But it's few and far between and may be related to the keyboard app I use.

It runs PL like a dream.

BodMaster
09-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Does the Engine StS fully support 4.1 yet? If not that might be the case.

Deathpunch
09-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Does the Engine StS fully support 4.1 yet? If not that might be the case.

I have yet to have any crashes in sts games with stock jelly bean. It could very well be from the third party keyboard he's using. *shrugs*

-----

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I have yet to have any crashes in sts games with stock jelly bean. It could very well be from the third party keyboard he's using. *shrugs*

-----

Swiftkey's running really smooth on Jb in all three sts games.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 11:06 AM

-----

Good to hear, haven't had the need to download the StS games on it just yet. But other games are running like a dream (:

WhoIsThis
09-19-2012, 02:42 AM
It works ... one big problem though is that the game is not optimized for a 7" format.

The big buttons can be a bit unwiedly at times, while the small button size is still too small (I think it was optimized for a 10" tablet).

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 07:06 AM
It works ... one big problem though is that the game is not optimized for a 7" format.

The big buttons can be a bit unwiedly at times, while the small button size is still too small (I think it was optimized for a 10" tablet).

It was optimized for phones, not tablets at all. Unless you have an iPad.

-----

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 07:12 AM

Guess I will be leaving it alone after all, thanks for the heads up.

OT: Good to see you around again (:

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Same:(

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Same:(

It's still an awesome device (:

Hopefully, StS will realise there is a big following on the N7, and optimize the screen for 7" Tabs.

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-19-2012, 07:27 AM
But it HAD to play STS games smoothly!!

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 07:33 AM
But it HAD to play STS games smoothly!!

It plays smoothly that isn't the issue WhoIsThis is talking about. He means some buttons may look a little bigger/smaller than when using a device optimized for the game.

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 07:48 AM
It plays smoothly that isn't the issue WhoIsThis is talking about. He means some buttons may look a little bigger/smaller than when using a device optimized for the game.

While it isn't optimized, it is still very playable. Hardest part, IMO, is reaching for stims with my thumbs.

-----

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Ahhhhh i see, would you still recommend it though?

HunterSLAYER
09-19-2012, 07:56 AM

It's the best value for money tablet ever. Get it you won't regret it.

Besides, you get $25 in your google wallet account if you purchased a Nexus 7 before Sept.30 2012 ^_^

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 08:00 AM

Very much so (:

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
09-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Ok good, i still might get it, but i will have to buy it myself, because im pretty sure for my birthday ( friday ) im getting a iphone.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Ok good, i still might get it, but i will have to buy it myself, because im pretty sure for my birthday ( friday ) im getting a iphone.

Awesome! That would be pretty cool (:

May be no need for a Tab then can save your money for something else. (Unless that is what you want :p)

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Awesome! That would be pretty cool (:

May be no need for a Tab then can save your money for something else. (Unless that is what you want :p)

Shoot. Soon as I get home, my phone goes on charge and doesn't get touched again, unless I get a call. Otherwise, I'm on my Nexus. I love it so much!

-----

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Shoot. Soon as I get home, my phone goes on charge and doesn't get touched again, unless I get a call. Otherwise, I'm on my Nexus. I love it so much!

-----

I'm the other way around haha. Think I love my phone too much, and don't want to re-download apps I already have on my phone lol.