PDA

View Full Version : Range 5000 on wave 29 boss?

Encryptions
04-28-2023, 09:47 PM
Now why can't my daggers hit mobs that are 20ft away from me?
30 ping, dagger swipe attack hits me when I am no where near in range, bug?
https://youtu.be/TVVwRUvLlhc

asommers
04-29-2023, 01:05 PM
I couldn't really tell what I was looking at from the video. Realmkiller Va'a's attacks (there are 4 of them) can only target within at most 5m. Characters are ~2m tall, so we're talking about 2.5 character heights in distance.

My only guess would be that the client/server transform (position/orientation) was slightly out of sync so it hit on the server.

-ALS

Encryptions
04-29-2023, 01:09 PM
She stood still for a few seconds in the middle so I went to attack the pillar and as I attacked it she ran up infront of it I ran away she did 1 attack which missed since I wasn't in range and then did a normal blade attack that some how hits me when I am far away. Could just be some ping spike I guess.

Potofgreed
05-02-2023, 02:38 PM
@asommers

I think encryption is talking about auto lock

" auto lock"

when you're in range of the bosses skill or basic auto attack. it will probably auto lock onto the target.

This is a example so I'm going to exaggerate it.

Let's say a bosses startup animation to it's auto lock skill or basic attack is 899ms then it auto locks at 900ms and it becomes active at 2,000ms.

If a target ran up to the boss at 900ms and the boss auto locked onto that target but the target ran far away. there is 100% Chance that target will be hit 1,100ms later without even being near the boss.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk