PDA

View Full Version : Who saw or liked Resident Evil Retribution?

slaveleia
09-16-2012, 07:20 PM
I didn't see a thread on this....I know movie-going is slow right now but I saw it yesterday & I liked it like all the other movies. I know the critics bashed it like always but the fans still like the movies. This one had a lot of action & fighting which was cool. Project Alice is always badazzz....and I liked her new outfit....the last 2 outfits have been hot in the last 2 movies.(the designer is doing a fabulous job!) Jill was easy on the eyes too as well as Ada Wong. Cool to see Carlos comeback & Luther West "Star power b*thches!!" lmao. Wesker was the man in his small parts & made me laugh.

I know they don't develop characters much or the story & it gets annoying that there always another sequel coming but that's good for ppl who like the series & don't want to see it end. Maybe the only way it ends when Milla Jovovich doesn't want to do it anymore or gets too old to play the part. I wouldn't want to see any other actress play her role.

I like the slogan...."Evil goes global" and the clip in YouTube "RE Retribution my world" is so sweet...another guy recorded the last fight & 15 mins of the movie....look up Resident evil retribution Final fight + Wesker....the music in that battle was epic!

Comment about anything you want about the movie....I didn't have any spoilers but would like to hear ppls opinions.

Nihiliste
09-16-2012, 07:22 PM
I saw the movie. If was totally epic. Alice is such a badass, I LOVE HER. Love when she does all those kicks, twirls, and spins! I can't wait for the next one! It truly is Humanity's last stand!

I bought the song "Flying Through the Air" from the Motion Picture Soundtrack Album. Epic song for the last fight scene. :)

Nihiliste
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Bump...like this thread.

slaveleia
09-17-2012, 12:19 AM
[SIZE=4][Maybe spoilers beyond this mark/SIZE]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Conquering_Goat/35A7EBEA-C5C2-467C-88BA-A0A67AD7D7E9-973-000001B0529C7A31.jpg

I guess it's just you & me Glad! I thought there would be more ppl excited about the movie. Lol

I know some of the moves are just too much but when Alice was fighting in the hallway with that chain, that was bad! I like that fighting sequence. The zombies rushed her but she was owning them! I'm glad they brought back the Red Queen too! "Terminate Project Alice"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Conquering_Goat/EDA4C8C0-9C4A-48F9-981D-6AE1C63B8B8C-973-000001B07CAC8A15.jpg

Nihiliste
09-17-2012, 07:21 AM
I loved that scene too!

Esoul
09-17-2012, 07:23 AM
Ada wong <3

dugantale
09-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Imma see it soon, ive never really liked any zombie movies, this is one of the only zombie movies i liked.

P.s. Im zombafobic haha :)

Rot
09-17-2012, 07:37 AM
I bought the song "Flying Through the Air" from the Motion Picture Soundtrack Album. Epic song for the last fight scene. :)

' Flying through the air ' is really a great song!

Ada wong <3

I like Ada too! :D

BodMaster
09-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Love all that is Resi, watched and completed every single Resi game back on the old grey Playstation, love the story and how they are finally bringing it into the film. Can't wait for the new game release ;D

Bump...like this thread.

Seriously bumping after 3 hours?

Nihiliste
09-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Yup. =]

BodMaster
09-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Lol so i'm guessing you know it's against the ToS/Forum Rules to bump? (;

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited.

Nihiliste
09-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Yawn, do you really want to drive this thread off-topic?

stank
09-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Who is going to be playing RE6 on xbox360 when its released soon

saool
09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
I love the new movie! Can't wait for the next, and you're right Alice looks amazing can't wait to see what happens next lol

BodMaster
09-17-2012, 08:35 AM

Meeeee, 5 wasn't the best out of the lot, preffered 4 in a way. But 6 looks pretty awesome :D

20th November wooop.

..do you really want to drive this thread off-topic?

You already did that with Bumping (;

slaveleia
09-17-2012, 09:34 AM
There's my Resi fans out there....XD

Ada wong <3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Conquering_Goat/255EE482-E75B-4F99-8058-D3B2CB570C3E-973-000001FC800A0BC7.jpg

Ada Wong is fine!! The actress is Li Bing Bing, I love that Chinese name also...talk about cool!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Conquering_Goat/F1657542-E433-4E3C-8C41-4D858B78F29A-973-000001FD730AC239.jpg

I always liked the Executioners...it was bad dragging that heavy axe blade thru the streets in part 4 Afterlife. The shower fight scene w/Alice & Claire Redfield was stunning in that movie! Executioner chopping the showers up & water shooting up...and raining down...the backflip on the wall! Same in this one, when Ada & Alice got to face the 2 Executioners in the streets of NYC....love that music they play when those beasts are advancing, epic....can't get enough of the axe swinging from them decapitating anything in the way!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Conquering_Goat/ABBFA2A6-DD4D-41CC-9BDC-E9A3EFCB5C6E-973-000001FC981490F2-1.jpg

Luther West is one of my favs....he has the best one-liners & his chemistry with Alice is really good. I hope the bring him back...clone him maybe?....sucked that evil Rain w/las plagas virus killed him with that bone breaking heart punch! That was brutal & I liked how they used that x-ray effect in the movie...I think they used that in Mortal Kombat game, not sure if it's gonna be in the new RE game.

Nihiliste
09-17-2012, 10:50 AM

Meeeee, 5 wasn't the best out of the lot, preffered 4 in a way. But 6 looks pretty awesome :D

20th November wooop.

..do you really want to drive this thread off-topic?

You already did that with Bumping (;

Kay, go away now. Thx.

Cahaun
09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Does this movie have Barry Burton? He's my favorite RE character next to The Merchant.

slaveleia
09-17-2012, 03:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Conquering_Goat/78BDEC55-7F0E-4CE2-903E-60070AD22D55-109-00000002E5017E9B.jpg

Yeah Barry Burton is in it...part of a strike team sent in to help Alice escape Umbrella labs...he's a favorite of a lot of fans, too bad he didn't have a bigger part but he did a great job while he was on screen...he was badazzz too with his trademark cigar lit in his mouth. Lol. That's one of the complaints is they don't develop the characters more, making us care for them more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Conquering_Goat/B0E2F710-39EE-4939-9DA8-628990CA09FC-109-0000000639C20405.jpg

Red Queen "Commands you to head to the nearest theatre & see RE Retribution now!"

I'm thinking about seeing it again lol.

Worship
09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I was going to watch it.. but saw The Campaign instead :p

Noodleleg
09-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Should I go see this o_O

BodMaster
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Does this movie have Barry Burton? He's my favorite RE character next to The Merchant.

Yup it does, he's played by Kevin Durand (Dude out of X-Men: Wolverine as Fred Dukes - The Blob)

slaveleia
09-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Should I go see this o_O

I think you should see it if you are a fan of the Resident Evil franchise or Alice, you won't be disappointed. How can u be when Project Alice looks so good & kicks so much a__!%#* If you've been following the series, you know what to expect from Director Paul W S Anderson. You're gonna get visuals, eye-candy, & tons of nonstop action. Everybody who described Alice says the same, she's badazzz & kicks azzz lol. That pretty much describes her!

Maybe see it as a matinee so you don't have to pay premium for 3-D or IMAX...I think the 3D was better in Afterlife than this one. One thing you will get for sure is 2 amazing action fight scenes w/Alice, one in the hallway & the final battle vs Jill.

There's a guy on YouTube named completecarnage99 who uploaded actual footage he recorded from a theater with his cellphone. It's pretty good quality considering....check those out...gets me reved up seeing those.

Theres a comic con video on Milla & Paul answering questions....think it was worldcon? Not sure. It was so funny! They said they had a hard time pulling Michelle Rodriguez off Call of Duty online!?!?....they said she's a big player. Paul Anderson told her don't you want a real assault rifle in your hands rather than a controller? That was hysterical!

Noodleleg
09-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I think you should see it if you are a fan of the Resident Evil franchise or Alice, you won't be disappointed. How can u be when Project Alice looks so good & kicks so much a__!%#* If you've been following the series, you know what to expect from Director Paul W S Anderson. You're gonna get visuals, eye-candy, & tons of nonstop action. Everybody who described Alice says the same, she's badazzz & kicks azzz lol. That pretty much describes her!

Maybe see it as a matinee so you don't have to pay premium for 3-D or IMAX...I think the 3D was better in Afterlife than this one. One thing you will get for sure is 2 amazing action fight scenes w/Alice, one in the hallway & the final battle vs Jill.

There's a guy on YouTube named completecarnage99 who uploaded actual footage he recorded from a theater with his cellphone. It's pretty good quality considering....check those out...gets me reved up seeing those.

Theres a comic con video on Milla & Paul answering questions....think it was worldcon? Not sure. It was so funny! They said they had a hard time pulling Michelle Rodriguez off Call of Duty online!?!?....they said she's a big player. Paul Anderson told her don't you want a real assault rifle in your hands rather than a controller? That was hysterical!

You make me want to invest time and money in this movie.

Asifrausa
09-18-2012, 10:50 PM
LOL I have a sister named Alice and she's not a badass although she does some martial arts during her high school days LOL

dudetus
09-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Zombies.... Brrrr.... Go ahead and play the very first resident evil games as a 6 year-older and I guarantee u will be terrified by them for the rest of ur life. I can't watch any Resident Evil movies (not to mention dawn of the dead etc.) without having constant nightmares getting eaten alive for the next couple of months.

Kinda ironic that my fav vanity item in PL is Zombie Head.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Zombies.... Brrrr.... Go ahead and play the very first resident evil games as a 6 year-older and I guarantee u will be terrified by them for the rest of ur life. I can't watch any Resident Evil movies (not to mention dawn of the dead etc.) without having constant nightmares getting eaten alive for the next couple of months.

Hahah, no.1/2/3 where best for puzzles tbf. (3 being my overall fav)