PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of the new gear!

BodMaster
09-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Okay this is my first thread in a very long time, and hoping I can find out an answer or atleast discuss the possibilities that the new cap gear brings.

Just wondering if anyone has been able to figure out how this new gear we have been shown is going to work. (Was talking to a few people about this in game, was a good convo, but nothing official as such just banter)

We have a part of the Pink Chest for the new gear, but how will this be implemented into the game through the rest of the set? Since we have seen the new Gear that Sam had shown us, we know that "some" gear will be available to finish the pink set off. However remember this is lvl 40 gear not lvl 45.

**Re-cap, or for anyone that hasn't seen the new sets shown; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?68533-A-quick-look-at-some-of-the-new-armor-and-weapons-coming-in-Scorn-Act-II

So what we have been shown is either;

Redundant/Trash Pinks = There is another set for 45/46 that we aren't being shown. Also Sams hint, at the sets shown will not have Plat versions, could explain this, so in essence Epic/Custom/Plat have a diff version. (Plat for Pink is hopefully never going to happen)

Or

We have 1 lvl 40 piece and the rest is lvl 45 = Very awkward situation, but not impossible. If these are Pinks, surely Epic Gear would still be planned too? (Food for thought)

What's your take on this?

flashbackflip
09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Ahhhh..

I've been thinking of this matter too..

My hopes are:

One epic set which we have not seen yet

Another - legendary one which is just as those chests, but 45 all pieces

The chests themselves become an addition for 40-45 pvp'ers and just look the same as new ones for 45..

Though i see the situation with 'all parts 45 exept for the chest 40' very possible too.. It has good armor stats and if made custom might add some other bonus

razerfingers
09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Reminds me of lvl 25 cap when the gear was scattered between the levels 23-25 lol the good greens ;)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Ahhhh..

I've been thinking of this matter too..

My hopes are:

One epic set which we have not seen yet

Another - legendary one which is just as those chests, but 45 all pieces

The chests themselves become an addition for 40-45 pvp'ers and just look the same as new ones for 45..

Though i see the situation with 'all parts 45 exept for the chest 40' very possible too.. It has good armor stats and if made custom might add some other bonus

Same kind of thing that I was thinking. But if those pinks end up "trash, pinks meaning all lvl 40 I couldn't see it going down too well.

To me, making versions of the same gear for different lvls 40 and 45 just doesn't seem to look like it's going to work.

And since these are pink, will they be made redundant due to level, or will they stand a chance at 45 Epic/Custom/Plat etc.

Reminds me of lvl 25 cap when the gear was scattered between the levels 23-25 lol the good greens ;)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Used to love those days! Hunting Numa for greens haha. (Only Greens were possible to drop)

Corpser
09-18-2012, 03:37 AM
maybe we could craft the gear from 40 to 45? unlikely but possible :/

Rittik
09-18-2012, 03:40 AM
maybe we could craft the gear from 40 to 45? unlikely but possible :/

that kinda will be bad..Too much hardwork ;) :P

Rik[Rittik]

Commanderkeen
09-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Maybe they will be like Nova/Razor/Gutter be 5 levels behind but still better.

*Zero*
09-18-2012, 06:05 AM
I see couple things. One they can be trash pinks as the stats are just blah. They might be broken up like chest 40,arms 41,legs 42, helm 43 and so on. Or there is another set completely that we haven't seen.

Bubututu
09-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Perhaps these new pink sets will be scaled to LvL. Having the option to farm a full LvL 40/43/45 Pink Sets if you wish as they do in PL.

They played with this feature with the LvL 20 Delta Gear, Having LvL 10/12/13/14/15/16/17/19/20 (probably missing some, but you get the picture) pieces for each of the sets. So maybe it's about time they fully implement it into the game.

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
I'd love to see that, but I don't believe that will be the case, could defo be a possibility though.

If it was the case, where would Epic/Custom/Plat come into this? Just have Trash and skip to Pink drops?

Surely they wouldn't miss out on not selling Plat gear, and would be very surprised if the do Pink Custom.

Every way I look at it I can't help but think there's another set.

If they go all out on the lvld Pinks, what will be released shortly after cap raise, to ensure longivity?

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 07:03 AM
No new takes on this? See only old skool's replied (;

What's the new skool's thought on this?

SkillFullGamer
09-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Hmmm probablly they'll finish the rest of the set at lvl.40i dont see them adding lvl 45 gear to the set.
But they'll introduce a new 45 end game (purple) set for all the classes.

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Look at some of the previous cap sets, the sunwalker gear for engis, as an example, allowed arms n legs at 24, but the rest at 25. While not quite the gap between 40 and 45, having set pieces at different levels isn't unknown. I'm sure there are other sets like this, too.

-----
Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

Mitchturbo
09-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Hmmm all we can do is wonder untill we get a confirmed answer from Gibber or Sam.
Or wait till we get that mysterious update that everyones talking about ;-)

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Look at some of the previous cap sets, the sunwalker gear for engis, as an example, allowed arms n legs at 24, but the rest at 25. While not quite the gap between 40 and 45, having set pieces at different levels isn't unknown. I'm sure there are other sets like this, too.

-----

If all Pink, correct. But hopefully not Epic 45 to match a Pink 40. Wouldn't it kill the Plat market (which I personally would love a Cap set not to be in the store) and does that leave us open to customize still, or a copy of the same armour but epic?

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Hmmm probablly they'll finish the rest of the set at lvl.40i dont see them adding lvl 45 gear to the set.
But they'll introduce a new 45 end game (purple) set for all the classes.

So we are in agreement that their could/will be another set? ;)

Hmmm all we can do is wonder untill we get a confirmed answer from Gibber or Sam.
Or wait till we get that mysterious update that everyones talking about ;-)

It doesn't hurt to wonder now and then :p Plus thought it was a good discussion before Cap releases, bringing more mystry to the Cap raise :D

Mitchturbo
09-19-2012, 08:24 AM
It doesn't hurt to wonder now and then :p Plus thought it was a good discussion before Cap releases, bringing more mystry to the Cap raise :D

It's all good ^_^ Fantastic Discussion.
I just want answers now lol tired of guessing hehe.
I think its time for another update from Samhayne.
Carry on the discussions *Salutes* At ease Gentlemen ;-)

KillaSkillz
09-19-2012, 08:31 AM
This is just my opinion and speculation.
First, checking the legendary chests, they are on scale for level 45-46 following the usual scaling for cap armor. However it doesn't seem to have that extra kick that would be there as a new cap piece, it has it now with the vol1 armor instead. I did not see confirmation from devs that there would be a whole legendary set. Only that the chest would match with the new armor.
Possible that the new armor will be epic with an epic chest that looks different and is lower in stats than the legendary chest although marked for a higher level.

Hard to say. I am half expecting to get disappointed with the legendary chests, and half expecting to be disappointed with the new armor stats. The more likely of the two would be the new armor stats being weaker than we are used to to justify the legendary chests usefulness.

Now who really knows, could be customizable pink chest to upgrade it.
Could be an additional set bonus with the pink chest to kick it up to scale proper.
And yes, could be right could be a whole legendary set.....maybe even a set bonus to boot!
Arbiter set doesn't have stats and will be all over the place as far as level of the pieces by the time it is complete, but my guess is they have a plan for that too when it's finished, for now it acts like a vanity, but it is pink...

Only gibber and team know and they ain't talking.

Wolves
09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm thinking these are lvl 40 sets. I'm hoping there is a set bonus that will make them comparable to a lvl 45 custom epic set. Which, if the pricing trend continues will be 50 - 55k per recipe 0.o

This way there would be at least 4 end game armor options counting non custom lvl 45 epic sets and the inevitable plat sets.

*Zero*
09-19-2012, 09:21 AM
No new takes on this? See only old skool's replied (;

What's the new skool's thought on this?

See that's the thing with the new skool, they don't care really. Us old players are like the jg Wentworth commercials "its my money, and I want it now".
All we can do now is wait for the patch to hit to see what's up.

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 09:48 AM
If all Pink, correct. But hopefully not Epic 45 to match a Pink 40. Wouldn't it kill the Plat market (which I personally would love a Cap set not to be in the store) and does that leave us open to customize still, or a copy of the same armour but epic?

Rumor on the street says no plat set. My guess is there will be green, purple, and pink versions, like the new weapons, and hopefully, a different kind that's plat. I love my dodge. Lol!

I would assume a plat version of these, as well? If so, will the plat prices be on par with previous new plat armors?

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

As I understand it, there will not be plat versions of these armors.

-----

*Zero*
09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
We was told there wouldn't be a plat version of the golem, tech and sniper gear. So it still tells me there is atleast 2 sets that we don't know about .

Mitchturbo
09-19-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm really only interested in dodge builds. So I'm looking forward to finding out about dem ones mawr!!

Woofy meow RAWR!!

*Zero*
09-19-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm really only interested in dodge builds. So I'm looking forward to finding out about dem ones mawr!!

Woofy meow RAWR!!

Dodge engis are nice.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Hard to say. I am half expecting to get disappointed with the legendary chests, and half expecting to be disappointed with the new armor stats. The more likely of the two would be the new armor stats being weaker than we are used to to justify the legendary chests usefulness.

Now who really knows, could be customizable pink chest to upgrade it.
Could be an additional set bonus with the pink chest to kick it up to scale proper.
And yes, could be right could be a whole legendary set.....maybe even a set bonus to boot!
Arbiter set doesn't have stats and will be all over the place as far as level of the pieces by the time it is complete, but my guess is they have a plan for that too when it's finished, for now it acts like a vanity, but it is pink...

No worries I appreciate your input (:

We were told a long time ago that when the Elite Vanity is complete we will get a set bonus. But as for another plan with them altogether would be interesting to see what they do with it.

See that's the thing with the new skool, they don't care really. Us old players are like the jg Wentworth commercials "its my money, and I want it now".

Lmao! Needed a real discussion up in this joint, though there are a few the majority seem like Spam/sigs :p

Rumor on the street says no plat set. My guess is there will be green, purple, and pink versions, like the new weapons, and hopefully, a different kind that's plat. I love my dodge. Lol!

-----

Ooo I seen that when you asked a few weeks back, had to give it a thanks haha. (Kinda hinted it in the OP :p)

But that only really tells us that the current Pink gear will not have a Plat set, as stated "plat versions of these armors." Maybe reading to much into it tho (:

Epics are going to be needed either way, will be strange not having it and a way to custom, unless Pink. (And quite positive there will be a Plat set but just not maybe the one we are being shown)

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 11:55 AM
No worries I appreciate your input (:

We were told a long time ago that when the Elite Vanity is complete we will get a set bonus. But as for another plan with them altogether would be interesting to see what they do with it.

Lmao! Needed a real discussion up in this joint,though there are a few the majority seem like Spam/sigs :p

Ooo I seen that when you asked a few weeks back, had to give it a thanks haha. (Kinda hinted it in the OP :p)

But that only really tells us that the current Pink gear will not have a Plat set, as stated "plat versions of these armors." Maybe reading to much into it tho (:

Epics are going to be needed either way, will be strange not having it and a way to custom, unless Pink. (And quite positive there will be a Plat set)

Maybe you are reading too much into it, then again, maybe not. ;)

-----

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Maybe you are reading too much into it, then again, maybe not. ;)

-----

Damn you sneaky Engi! Lol

Mitchturbo
09-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Maybe we are all reading into it too much or not enough at all...

;-)

For a feeling I've just had right now.. right this past minute... I feel if the Legendary set were all ment to be lvl 40 they would of all been released with the Legendary chest piece. Like available right now in ucs Saviant.
But... Then again.. The chest piece could of just been a gift, a sort of teaser for the the other set pieces all being lvl 40 in the new campaign.

So other than that. They very well could be lvl 45 to relate with all the other awesome armours we get per cap increase.
Or.. they will be available from the start from lvl 40 that will give us something to farm for till we hit lvl 45.

Then I have another brain wave. Like hit me just now also. What if they (pieces of the Legendary armour) are hidden in certain lvls (like the Numa screenshot) and a special random scorn guard (like in the screenshot) will drop em if it spawns on your lvl? Or has a chance to drop em.

What do you think of that? :-)

chukie
09-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I wonder if the platnium armor is gunna be any good? XD

*Zero*
09-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I think we need the update......just saying.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 01:32 PM
I think we need the update......just saying.

Wooop!

The Scorn Crusade Expansion is going out today :)

Battlegrinder
09-19-2012, 09:15 PM
From what I've seen of the new gear in the CS, it looks like there have been some major changes to weapons. Specifically, I've seen several weapons (including pistols) with the AoE cannon symbol that are not listed as commando only. It could be some kind of oversight or error, but its starting to look like commandos are losing their monopoly on AoE weaponry, given both these weapons and the Napalm carbine have AoE capability.
While discussing AoE weapons, I've notice the new cannons are made in the pre-hive, slow fire mold, and have a massive armor buff with weaker overall stats. I'm guessing this is to encourage commando to use the cannons instead of pistol+shield, but I don't know. Speaking of which, I've yet to see any new shields.

Kenzor
09-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Personally id like to know why they keep changing it all around. I mean, every new cap should have an epic set for each class, a plat set and the option to make custom armor as usual. Where is the custom this time round?? It doesnt exist, which basically means the only way to get the top armor now is to buy plat for miner luck (assuming there is cap armor we havnt seen yet). Which will be pink, and in my opinion, pinks should be kept as super rare items and epics should be kept as reasonable loot that we can all obtain.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 11:18 PM
From what I've seen of the new gear in the CS, it looks like there have been some major changes to weapons. Specifically, I've seen several weapons (including pistols) with the AoE cannon symbol that are not listed as commando only. It could be some kind of oversight or error, but its starting to look like commandos are losing their monopoly on AoE weaponry, given both these weapons and the Napalm carbine have AoE capability.
While discussing AoE weapons, I've notice the new cannons are made in the pre-hive, slow fire mold, and have a massive armor buff with weaker overall stats. I'm guessing this is to encourage commando to use the cannons instead of pistol+shield, but I don't know. Speaking of which, I've yet to see any new shields.

I'd have to agree. But the overall armour is crazy, the Engi's was 500+ on its own.

Personally id like to know why they keep changing it all around. I mean, every new cap should have an epic set for each class, a plat set and the option to make custom armor as usual. Where is the custom this time round?? It doesnt exist, which basically means the only way to get the top armor now is to buy plat for miner luck (assuming there is cap armor we havnt seen yet). Which will be pink, and in my opinion, pinks should be kept as super rare items and epics should be kept as reasonable loot that we can all obtain.

This has happened before, in which a week or so later they add the other content such as custom etc.

I'm all for "pushing" towards cannons, but I prefer an option over just AoE. (AoE does not do Comms justice at some places)

Someone made out that Plat appears after a certain lvl, but yet to be confirmed. (Most likely troll)

Mothwing
09-19-2012, 11:22 PM
PFF, stats, I just like looking cool.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 11:27 PM
PFF, stats, I just like looking cool.

Haha! Guess you haven't seen the new Elite Cap Back piece then (;

Mothwing
09-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Haha! Guess you haven't seen the new Elite Cap Back piece then (;

Oh I have!! :)

...it's butt ugly.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Killed any motivation I wantdd to get to Cap.

Gona leave it at 45 I think, even if we get an awesome "set bonus" with full set. You won't see me dead wearing that.

Mothwing
09-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Killed any motivation I wantdd to get to Cap.

Gona leave it at 45 I think, even if we get an awesome "set bonus" with full set. You won't see me dead wearing that.

Lmfao, I've never capped, never will. Never can really...But yeah...I don't really like the idea of carrying a flag on my back.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Lmfao, I've never capped, never will. Never can really...But yeah...I don't really like the idea of carrying a flag on my back.

Ahhh thought you were one of the ones to Cap first in PL :p

All I can say is be weary of running Pugs in the 2nd AI level, that one's a killer! Lol

Mothwing
09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Ahhh thought you were one of the ones to Cap first in PL :p

All I can say is be weary of running Pugs in the 2nd AI level, that one's a killer! Lol

Hah. I wish I had that much time...and patience.

And rofl, running pugs, that's a new one xD

Battlegrinder
09-20-2012, 07:40 AM
I'd have to agree. But the overall armour is crazy, the Engi's was 500+ on its own.

Given how tough the new expansion is, I'm not surprised STS boost the armor for the more squishy classes, especial as a new shield hasn't been seen since lvl 35.

octavos
09-20-2012, 07:54 AM
To hard for everything this cap.
Armor, weapons, XP and cap 58k. I bet we have notime to level. It's like nuris all over again.

And that flag thing for cap vanitys that's helping me not cap.

I want blessings to make its way to sl. But they need to give xp and gold. To help you stay competitive.

BodMaster
09-20-2012, 08:00 AM
A whole 10 hours and didn't't level once d: (Juiceless ofc)

I guess... Numa for the win!! (Loved it before)

Deathpunch
09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Not to mention that damage powers are practically useless now. They might as well tickle the Scorn for as much damage as they do.

FLAT DAMAGE AMOUTS ARE THE DEVIL!!!!

Unless you scale them with character level as well as skill level. The only skills useful on my engi are empathy and rez, trans is still good for a quick heal when blasted by mobs, which is quite often, but damage wise it's like taking a leak on a forest fire.

-----

BodMaster
09-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Not to mention that damage powers are practically useless now. They might as well tickle the Scorn for as much damage as they do.

FLAT DAMAGE AMOUTS ARE THE DEVIL!!!!

Unless you scale them with character level as well as skill level. The only skills useful on my engi are empathy and rez, trans is still good for a quick heal when blasted by mobs, which is quite often, but damage wise it's like taking a leak on a forest fire.

-----

Uh hu. Haven't heard of any fixes in the making either.

Me and IronHand fully suited and booted, couldn't hardly scratch one of those dogs in numa. (Crazy amount of armour/HP)

Guess it's Nuri all over again. If not chuggin on enhancers like there's no tomorrow your not gonna get anywhere.

StompArtist
09-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Blame Hipsters!